1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

~The 2005 Naruwards - AWARD NIGHT~

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Spectrum, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Spectrum Active Member

For those just joining us, two months ago, I posted in HoU proposing a new idea, just for fun: a forum award show. NF members would nominate and vote for their favorites in categories such as Best Episode, Villain, Pairing, and so forth--then on "award night", a few daring, intrepid volunteers would present the awards to the winners. I personally thought it would be a hell of a lot of fun, but I wasn't quite sure how enthusiastic the rest of the forum would be.

You guys surprised me. :wink Although the initial response was relatively cool, once the nomination and voting threads got going, I was amazed at how many people got into it, voting for their favorites in each category. Though the final vote count is fairly modest considering how many members we have here, when you consider how little this "event" was promoted (the threads were stickied, but other than that it was quiet; no one went out of their way to spread the word around), I think it was a big success. :)

The final tally was 129 votes (less in a few of the categories, and more overall) over the course of two weeks. And with that said, I'd like to take a moment to thank each and every person who voted. Obviously, this wouldn't have happened without you--if there are no votes, then there's no fun. So, thank you. :tem

...And now, without further ado, the host of the 2005 Naruwards, Yamashiro Aoba!

::Aoba strolls onstage, waving as the audience gives him a standing ovation due to the fact THAT HE'S AOBA::

Aoba: Thank you, thank you! OMG, I'M THE HOST OF THE 2005 NARUWARDS!

::more applause::

Aoba: Thank you! Well, you've all been waiting for this moment, and now it's come at long last! Today we honor and celebrate the best of the best--the true superstars of the Naruto series!

::more applause from the audience. Lee and Gai clap so vigorously that their hands briefly catch fire, attracting some alarm from the rest of the audience before Kakashi quickly puts them out with a Suiton jutsu::

Aoba: These are the characters, the moments, and the other miscellaneous things that have been set apart by YOU, THE FANS as the elite, the outstanding, the truly spectacular! AND EVEN THOUGH I WASN'T NOMINATED FOR A GOSH DARN THING, as your host for today's events, I give you my solemn pledge that all of you are in for a HELL of a show tonight!!!
    Audience: Yay, cheer, applaud! :clap
    Aoba: You bet! Ahem! Well, the schedule for today is as follows (timezone is
    GMT -5; Eastern Standard Time):

Spoiler: Award Schedule
    Best Episode ? Althor ? 11:45am
    Best Chapter
    ? RockLee ? 12:00pm
    Best Pairing
    ? BushidoPunk 12:30pm
    Best Opening
    ? less- 1:00pm
    Best Ending -
    k1nj3 ? 1:30pm
    Best Entrance
    ? hyuugafan ? 2:00pm
    Coolest Character
    - Seto Fett ? 2:30pm
    Funniest Character
    ? sasukecopyninja ? 3:00pm
    Best Supporting Character (Female) ?
    bettymae ? 3:30pm
    Best Supporting Character (Male)
    ? Setoshi ? 4:00pm
    Best Jutsu ? aman_melles ? 4:15pm
    Best Animal/Summon - Reaper of Souls ? 4:30pm
    Best-Dressed Character
    ? nwoppertje ? 5:00pm
    Best Villain
    ? OniTasku ? 5:30pm
    Best Fight
    ? Spectrum ? 6:00pm
    Best OST Track
    ? Jem ? 6:30pm
    Best-Looking Male
    - Renegade Raine ? 7:00pm
    Best-Looking Female
    ? Lacus ? 7:30pm
    Best Story Arc
    - uncle jafuncle ? 8:00pm
    Best Lead Character (Male)
    ? organizedcrime ? 8:30pm
    Best Lead Character (Female)
    ? Uzumaki_Hinata ? 9:00pm
    Best Moment
    - CooL_Moo_CoW ? 9:30pm

The awards will be presented in roughly this order and at those approximate times, hopefully by those approximate people! Please give them each the warm welcome you've shown me, as these are the people who, tonight, are going to make these awards come to life. :amuse

Spectrum will link each new award post up here as they come, so feel free to clutter up this thread with all manner of chaos and excitement (and even sexy plot twists--you know we're all hoping for some sexy plot twists!) as the show progresses today!

::still more applause from our ever-willing audience::

Jiraiya: SEXY PLOT TWISTS!!!!
    Aoba: AMEN!

And with that, I'd once again like to welcome all of you to...

Award #1 - Best Episode (Althor)
    Award #2 - Best Chapter (RockLee)
    Award #3 - Best Pairing (BushidoPunk)
    Award #4 - Best Opening Theme (less)
    Award #5 - Best Ending Theme (k1nj3)
    Award #6 - Best Entrance (hyuugafan)
    Award #7 - Coolest Character (Seto Fett)
    Award #8 - Funniest Character (sasukecopyninja)
    Award #9 - Best Supporting Character [Female] (bettymae)
    Award #10 - Best Supporting Character [Male] (Setoshi)
    Award #11 - Best Jutsu (aman_melles)
    Award #12 - Best Animal/Summon (Reaper of Souls)
    Award #13 - Best-Dressed Character (nwoppertje)
    Award #14 - Best Villain (OniTasku)
    Award #15 - Best Fight (Spectrum)
    Award #16 - Best OST Track (Jem)
    Award #17 - Best-Looking Male (Renegade Raine)
    Award #18 - Best-Looking Female (Lacus)
    Award # 19 - Best Story Arc (uncle jafuncle)
    Award #20 - Best Lead Character [Male] (organizedcrime)
    Award #21 - Best Lead Character [Female] (Uzumaki_Hinata)
    Award # 22 - Best Moment (CooL_Moo_CoW)

The Award Stats

Tags:
  2. TDM Toast

Hmm, maybe there should've been a red carpet sequence...

3. Leen Peacemaker

kakashi : u better make this award a good one or I'll just go home and read my icha icha.

Crowds clap hysterically at darth Aoba. :clap

4. Woozie Active Member

5. BushidoPunk Hero of the Gods

I couldn't stop laughing when I read the part when Lee and Gai's hands catch on fire :rofl Spectrum and Aoba did a great job to kick things off :thumbs

6. G. Hawke The one who left

Welcome to The 2005 Naruwards!!
    The first award of the day is Best Anime Episode. And to present this award we give you Althor!

Althor : Yo, good day to all. I am Althor, those who spend time in Library and The Mizura FC might just know who I am. And I am here now to present the award for best anime episode.
    Crowd : Who is hell is he? Anyone ever heard of him?
    Althor : ..*sweat drops* Well come on someone must know who I am? No?
    Crowd : .*boooo*
    Althor : *sigh* Oh well, it would seem that I am clearly an unknown. But bear with me, for I am now tasked with unveiling the best anime episode. And to help me with this task, I have graciously requested the presence of none other than Temari, Goddess of the Sand. Give her a hand!

Temari comes in, dressed to kill in an off the shoulder dress, with one of her perfect legs revealed by a well placed slit. *drools*

Crowd : Massive applause. *including cat calls by a majority of the male audience.*
    Althor : Thank you for coming on to help me out Temari-Hime.
    Temari : *small laugh* No problem Althor-San, it is an honor to present at the awards. So how would we do this?
    Althor : Why dont you read out the nominees and I give out a brief re-cap of the said episode?
    Temari : Sure, so let us get started then?

*the lights dim as the spotlight comes to rest upon Temari and Althor.

Temari : And here are the nominees..Episode 19 - Zabuza Disperses Into the Snow.
    Althor : Ahhhh, a very poignant episode. Many things happened in this episode. First we find out Sasuke is indeed not dead
    *in crowd*
    Naruto fanboys : The little Uchiha snot should have stayed dead!
    Sasuke fanboys : Why you little retarded Naruto Fanboys! *begins brawl*
    Althor : Uhhhh, let us continue then. So Sasuke isnt dead, the vile villain Gatou is taken out proving that a kunai can actually kill someone and Naruto gets a bridge named after him. Oh, and of course the best moment in this episode. The moment that had tears in peoples eyes. The death of Zabuza and the touching moment of his with probably the only person this Devil of the Mist has ever cared about, Haku.
    Random yaoi fangirl : Kawaii!!

Temari : Episode 48 - Crash Gaara! It's Youth! It's Power! Explode!
    Althor : Oh, one of my personal favourites. What more than be said about this episode but for the fact that it was when Lee and Gaara put on probably the fight of the series. While this episode doesn't actually show the opening of the gates which was the best part of the fight, it did serve to introduce us to the fact that Lee is unable to use Nin or Gen. And yet here we had him, going pound to pound with one of the most dangerous shinobi around. All hail Lee!
    Lee : *crying*Gai-Sensei, they acknowledge my nindo!
    Gai : *cryingas well* Ohhhhh, it is but obvious, for you are a flower that has truly blossomed!!
    Lee : Gai-Sensei!
    Gai : Lee!
    Lee : Gai Sensei!
    Gai : Lee!
    Lee : Ga
    Neji & Tenten : Oh shut up all already!

Althor : ..Right then, if you may Temari-Hime?
    Temari : Episode 80 - Third, Farewell Forever......!!
    Althor : Another sad and poignant episode, for this is where we witness the death and funeral of Sandaime Hokage. Teacher of the Sannin, God of Shinobi and the best damm Hokage of Konoha ever. Lets us all give a minute of applause in remembrance of his tremendous spirit.
    *After a minute's applause*
    Althor : Thank you. Now back to the episode. The next most singular event in this episode is where we finally are introduced to Itachi, killer of the Uchihas and bane of Sasuke.
    Sasuke : I will kill you Itachi!!!!
    Itachi : I am surprised to see you here little brother, arent you busy playing Oros bitch?
    Sasuke : Damm you fucker, Die! Chidori!
    Itachi : *Breaks Sasukes handagain* You are no match for me little brother. It is because you lack..Chinpo.
    Sasuke : O rly?

Temari : Uhmm, moving along. Episode 101 - Want to Look, Know, and Confirm Kakashi-sensei's Face.
    Althor : Well personally I detest fillers but I would have to admit that this was somewhat funny. Okay, so this starts out as another ordinary day in Konoha. Naruto, Sakura, and Sasuke are sitting outside bored and Naruto gets the idea to see Kakashi's face behind the mask. Sakura was more than willing but of course Sasuke needed some convincing. So they then spend the day attempting to unmask Kakashi, with all kinds of crazy shit like Ayame falling for Kakashi, the brothers attempting to kill Kakashi and finally Sakura passing off the crap they have been doing as a ruse to lure the brother out. And what do they get in return for all their troubles? The fact that under Kakashis mask isanother mask.
    Kakashi : Wait a minute. Are you telling me that it wasnt you lot's idea.
    Sakura : Uh, well you see. Yeah..ah..Look there! Jiraiya-Sama with a new edition of his book!
    Kakashi : Where! *runs off after Jiraiya*
    Sakura : Whew! You are going to get whats coming to you Althor! *shakes fist*
    Althor : Gulp.

Temari : Episode 124 - The Beast Explodes! Burst, Blow, and Break Through!
    Althor : Ohhh, Drunken Fist! Woot! Go Lee again! .............Uh, forgive my exuberance. Well basically for this episode we have the rest of the Sasuke retrieval 5 and how they were faring against their opponents. And with all honesty, not too well. And then of course the best part of the episode comes along, just in time to save everyone. The badass re-introduction of the Sand-Siblings! Come on people, you have to admit that it was uber cool! And of course the best of the lot was my lovely co-presenter, Temari-hime. She was absolutely stunning! As if a goddess among us!
    Temari : Althor-San, you are too kind. Are you flirting with me?
    Althor : Well for a m..*feels sand around his body*
    Gaara : You will cease your visual and verbal probing of my sister, and continue with the job at hand.
    Althor : OfOf course, GaGaara-Sama! Te..Temari-Hime, would you be so kind as to read the next nominee?

Temari : Episode 133 - Roar of Tears! You Are My Friend!
    Althor : The battle at The Valley of the End. Naruto versus Sasuke. Friendship was broken, betrayal was wrought and in the endbrotherhood lost. Sasuke finally truly acknowledges Naruto and with that the true power of Sharingan was unlocked. And as the battle intensified the true power and nature of the great youma, Kyuubi no Kitsune was unleashed. Pushed into a corner Sasuke had no choice but to use the second level of his cursed seal. After completing his transformation he uttered the words that would make him a laughing stock in some fandoms for months to come. You are special. But..
    Naruto : ..I am more special than you! Bleh! That was like soooooo gay! *snort*
    Sasuke : Baka, at least I wasnt the one hengeing into a woman every now and then.
    Naruto : Hmph, at least I didnt run off to be the personal bitch to a freak with a long tongue. Has he used it on you yet? Better question is, how good was it for you?
    Sasuke : Damm you Baka! Die! Chidori!
    Naruto : Rase.wait! Didnt you brother break your hand? How come it is okay all of a sudden?
    Sasuke : I dont know, blame plot device. *brawls*

Althor : Uhmm, well.let us ignore them, and continue with the show. So all the nominees have been presented and it is now time to reveal the winner. Temari-Hime, could you please pass me that envelope?
    Temari : Here you are.
    Althor : Thank you. Drum roll please.
    *Drum roll*
    Althor : And the winner for best Naruto Anime episode is *opens envelope*wait, you cant be serious? Is this for real? *looks on to event organizer, Spectrum*
    Spectrum : Sadly, yes. :-(
    Althor : .Oh well, I will just do my job then. The winner is.the
    Spoiler:
    Filler Episode, 101!!!
    Well my job here is done, hope that everyone enjoys the rest of the show. Thank you and goodbye.
    *Althor and Temari leave the stage to the sounds of applause and..cat calls.*

*Back Stage*
    Althor : Thank you very much for helping me out there. Soooo, I was wondering if I could buy you a..
    Temari : So sorry, I would love to accept but I have something veryinteresting planned for this smart and lazy baka. *scary smile*
    *pans out to Shika in the crowd*
    Shika : Hmm, why do I get this feeling of dread?
    Althor : Curse you Shika! Curse you! *shake fist*

Last edited: Dec 4, 2005
  7. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

9. sonokoszk Nara Crybaby

Chouji: Am I allowed to eat potato chips? Too hungry... why do I have to wait for 15 mins to start the 1st award???
    Ino: shut up, it's gonna happen soon. Where's Sasuke-kun???

10. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

11. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

Good job Althor! *Is that random yaoi fangirl*

12. Hyuuga Neji i didn't leave ^_^

the best episode is a filler, thats a surprise i had expected drunk lee

13. Leen Peacemaker

kakashi : Well at least I win one award already, or at least I am in that episode.
    *close icha icha*

kakashi : So who's next?

Sasuketards and Narutotards still quarelling about.............nothing..

14. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

I expected episode 19 to win. Oh well, I love 101 as well :knk

PS: That Itachi and Sasuke part made me laugh out loud Althor!

15. Leen Peacemaker

I actually expect 19 too. I think I vote for it.

16. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Liek, I can't believe ep. 48 didn't win! I can't believe any Lee ep didn't win! :ran :box Jesus Christ, who voted for that one! Oh well. ;_;

17. Spectrum Active Member

Red carpets = yet more work = nuuuuuuuu way in hell. XD

Heh. :p

Whoops. ^_^;;

GMT -5:00 (Eastern Standard Time). Sorry about that; edited it in.

@ Althor - Great job, man. :amuse (Looks like we're already getting started on those sexy plot twists... :plot)

More to come; stay tuned, folks! (Man, I'm going to be speaking in exclamation points for the rest of the day. XD)

18. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

Yeah I was expecting the episode "Gaara Crushed! It's Youth! Power! and Explosion!" to win but oh well 101 is a good choice as well

19. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Best Chapter Award, presented by RockLee!

*Ending to 2001: A Space Odyssey plays*

All right! To everyone viewing this thread/post and to anyone and everyone who voted, thanks! This is the award for...*drumroll*

The Best Chapter category!

*Gets heckled*

Hey, I never said I was announcing the winner just yet!

Anyways, we all have our favorite chapters and they have made our love for the manga grow and in most cases made us permanent fans of the series. The chapters that were eligible for this venerable title are!:

32 ~ This is Zabuza's memorable death scene, where his change of heart is inspired by Naruto's sadness at the very way Haku lived and died. Zabuza, reclaiming his humanity and transforming into a devil for the corrupt Gatou to fear. Here, Zabuza dies defending Haku's memory against overwhleming odds, just as Haku died defending Zabuza's life against overwhelming odds. The most loveable villians yet created simply for their tragic lives, the chapter that pays them tribute. ;_;

SPOILER WARNING: The rest of the nominees are spoilers for the anime:
    Spoiler:
    243 ~ One of the more memorable friendships in Naruto is Kakashi and Obito. How better a way to celebrate their friendship with the chapter that reveals Obito's final gift: the Sharingan. Indeed, this chapter almost brought tears to my eyes....*sniff*

Gai - Don't worry, it's very manly to cry! ;_;

;_; Fine, it did bring tears to my eyes when I saw that final image of Kakashi crying as he used his best friend's Sharingan. What a more touching chapter than this, a heartfelt gift that saved his friends life? This chapter also showed Kakashi adopting a new life, one that included friends and a willingness to risk himself for it and the tragedy that can arise from that risk. The chapter that introduced Sharingan Kakashi as we know him.

244 ~
    This is the chapter that finalizes the death of Obito and makes his death all the sadder. This chapter is where Kakashi changes as a human being, literally becoming two boys in one: he faces life as Obito did, with a willingness to sacrifice himself for his loved ones, and the talent Kakashi possesses. The final page of this chapter is particularily heart rendering: "That day...two heroes carrying the Sharingan were born to Konoha. One had his named carved on a tombstone...One of them afterwards, made the name "Sharingan Kakashi" become famous even as far as other countries." That just tugs at the heart strings, doesn't it?

246 ~
    The chapter that reintroduces to us Sakura and Naruto, battle-wise. This chapter is much loved because of the wait every Naruto fan endured. After countless months of waiting, we finally get to see a taste of Naruto and Sakura's growth; and what growth! A recall to one of the first chapters, it reminds us of the old days when Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura were total chumps.

*Dodges bricks from Sasuke-fans*

HA! Missed!

Ahem. In this chapter, we have a vastly improved Naruto and Sakura, and what an impact they had! Naruto's use of the Kage Bunshin progresses greatly and he can make them use basic ninjutsu skills. Naruto's footwork is also impressive. However! Sakura is the one who steals the spotlight. After close to 5 years of her doing next to nothing, we are treated to this!

Who saw that coming? What an impressive display of power! What a show of skill, so great and unexpected that even Kakashi expresses his surprise! With Naruto, Kakashi was merely impressed, but he saw through Naruto's trick. With Sakura, he was absolutely blown away and stood awestruck in amazement. This is the chapter that hammered it in: those 2.5 years weren't wasted, they were used to the limit. This chapter let us fans dream and ponder not only about Naruto and Sakura's abilities, but of the other characters' as well. What better for us fans that love to debate and post on this forum?

248 ~ Here is where Gaara, one of the most popular characters, was reintroduced and what a reintroduction it was! Here is where his development as a fighter shined the most. There are so many scenes that are noteworthy in this chapter that they make me curse the 6 image limit on a post. Who could overlook Deidara's "Art is...a bang." comment or Gaara's badass new look, complete with "I am better than you" pose? Who could forget Gaara's complete dominion over sand, enabling to raise huge waves of sand? How could you not read in awe as he used massive Shukaku-ish pillars of sand to assualt Deidara? How about the panel right before aforementioned wave of sand? This chapter is packed, action-wise, and brings back a beloved character with powerful imagery. It was really really hard choosing an image for this chapter, but I picked the one that best described how Gaara had Deidara outmatched all around:

~ The last choice and a very touching one. Gaara's resurrection and salvation. Chiyo's touching death and her sacrifice, dying as she put her life and hopes in the hands of two young boys destined to change the world, the times and it's beliefs. We all wanted to see Gaara being accepted by his village, but no one thought we'd actually get to see it. Lo and behold, one of the best scenes in all of Naruto: Gaara's revival and the love his villagers have for him. He has been vindicated, freed from his personal demons and his accepted and loved. What more do you want for Gaara?

Well, there's all the chapter's nominated for Best Chapter.

Results, if you will, Aoba. Errr.....where's Aoba?

*Aoba decends on a fluffy white cloud and gives me the envelope*

Ah, thanks! *nice guy pose*

Ok, the winner is...!

And now, a word from our sponsor!
    Join the Akatsuki today! We have two spots we are aching to fill and you may be the person to fill it! We have simple criteria!
    -Does your village hate you for your unusual views?
    -Are you elite and everyone else hates you for it?
    -Do morals get in the way fo your goals?
    -Do you find "killing people" on your to-do list routinely?

Then we, the Akatsuki, may be the organization for you! We are a highly selective, competitive organization that sets the standard with low, limited membership and rigorous standards! Here, you don't have to take our word for it, here from one of our satisfied members!

Kisame - "Well, before I used to be with the Mist Village and was part of a group called the "Seven Mist Swordsmen" and we were terribly lame. That group had no long term goals and no unity, not even a secretive mysterious leader. Then, A. Uzuma....I mean the Leader contacted me and told me about this great organization. They are very goal oriented and our partners are competent people who share the same contempt for others that I do! I highly recommend the Akatsuki for any villian out there that's ready from some high level stuff! Plus, ever since I've joined the organization, I've had people talking about how great I am in bed! Normally people said I was a cold fish, but no longer! Join the Akatsuki today!"

All right, and the winner is!

Spoiler:
    ~*!279!*~

*Gaara's conked out, snoring loudly and has various fangirls, Chocobo among them, cuddling with him in his sleep*

Nevermind.
    Seems that Gaara's touching revival and his acceptance by his people is the most higly prized moment for most members! Congratualtions, Gaara, everyone loves you! Come up here!

And for all you anime watchers out there, for a very honorable second place we have:
    Spoiler:

***32***

It was very close, but Zabusa's death and Haku's memory are also very treasured among every fan's heart. I mean, who can deny the greatness of that chapter? No one! I'd personally congratulate them, but one got his heart ripped out and the other looked like a porcupine when he died among the cold, cold snow.​

Well, thanks for watching/reading and I hope you wait and watch for the next award!

Did I do a good job, Gai-sensei and Lee-kun?

Gai-Indeed you did, fan of Lee!

Lee-I also think you did a good job! Yosh!

*RL cries with happiness* Ossu!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2005
  20. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

22. Hyuuga Neji i didn't leave ^_^

23. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

XD!!!!!!!! *standing ovation for both awards presented already*

I fell off my chair and kicked the person beside me when that akatsuki commercial was thrown in. Awesome work so far.

*pokes rho* sorry I kicked you. XD

24. TenshiOni Active Member

I was seriously expecting 19 too, but it's a good thing 101 is in my top 3 too, I guess. :tem

Awesome job, Althor. :thumbs

This is hilarious so far. :lmao

----------------

XDDDDDDDDD

Awesome job, Carlos. Great Akatsuki ad. :rofl

I'm dissapointed 32 didn't win, but 279 truly was a beautiful chapter. :amuse

25. Robotkiller Still alive

26. Robotkiller Still alive

27. Zenko Hazumi has left the forums

Hmmm. Check, check, check, check. Maybe I should respond to that Akatsuki ad! :p :lmao

Great job presenting, Althor and RockLee! :jir_thumb

28. Leen Peacemaker

278 is a good one though. I hate the akatsuki commercial. *bitch slap Kisame* *runs........ :bees*

29. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

It's okay nah-nah :squish I still love you. Plus that Akatsuki Ad was hilarious of I can't blame you for falling out of your chair!

30. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life