1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details.

Dismiss Notice

The Age of Ninjas at an End; Hokages will Vanish?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The God, May 28, 2007.

1. The God Is Surfing The Cosmos

If you would for the sake of boredom consider that the Narutoverse is a real world that changes like our own, you begin to realize initially the Narutoworld is already pretty advanced. With that said, assuming all the characters in the Narutoverse aren't ninjas and have professions (which is undoubtably true) one could then deduce that sooner or later gun powder and guns will be invented.

With all of Konoha's technical advances, i.e.: walkie-talkies, television, toilets and so forth it only seems natural that Konoha or the Narutoverse as a whole would invest a lot time into war apt utilities to aid themselves. I mean, how stupid would Akatsuki feel to know that they could plow through with their deviant plan with the simple use of gunpowder instead of going through the trouble of finding and extracting bijuus? {Of course the show wouldn't be interesting, but I'm negating the plot devices to emphasize a point}

With advances in technology like I'm suggesting this would in a way do away with Hokages, which are basically the strongest ninja in the country. The needs of the country would call more for a leader like Shikamaru. Naruto would be shit out of luck.

With guns the age of ninja would crumble, giving rise to a whole new breed of soldiers in terms of the Narutoverse.

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

3. Payapaya ...

That's how the cookie would crumble. Though I am sure you can still find use to some one who can create 1,000 clones of himself, summon an oversized toad and so on. :amuse

4. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

5. The God Is Surfing The Cosmos

6. Sky is Over Active Member

unless the ninja's figured a way to manipulate the guns to their own use, that is.:wink *ninja's with double beretta's, that sounds sweet.*

7. Senju is a

Yeah, but that could apply to anything really. For instance, America would be fucked if North Korea learned to summon giant snakes, create tidal waves, and move quick enough to dodge bullets.
    I guess.
    With that logic, the Narutoverse could invent the nuclear bomb.

And that's how the series ends.

8. VoodooNinja Member

ummm i dont know about you but giant frogs and giant snakes. Um spiraling balls of cutting wind on microscopic level and 20 meter extending lightning sword and other crazy who know what techniques there are in the world; im almost positive that they are stronger then a simple handgun or cannon.

9. mootz GB's Salamander

lets continue this look into the future of konoha

the mist(germany) goes apeshit all over the land and attack nearly everybody and is winning. the sand (russia) takes serious damage (remember fillers water keepped sand from forming) but is saved by its comrades konoha (teh US) with its FRS (nukes). then sand develops FRS and the two villages stare at each other with shadow clones ready for FRS forming (cold war).

not the most perfect analagy but hey what you gonna do right.

ps ya i did use fillers for that anaylsis but whatever its cool right.

10. C-Moon ...

Flag:
    United States
    Ninja have no use for guns.

11. Kakuzu GB Imperator

what would u do against a tsunami with 200meters arriving to destroy your village...machine guns, rocket launchers, plasma rifles...No, u gonna do nothing, u gonna DIE!!!

12. The_Light Woooooosh

if the world were like this one, the op would be right. but since the humans in the narutoverse have special powers, even nukes have a rivaled power already. so that kinda technology wouldnt be real useful unless it was very far into the future where its like stargate...

13. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

In the Naruto universe, I don't see the development of weapons as being essential. No one is interested in such a thing, the only greater developements they make for fighting is better training methods and new jutsu. Relying on weapons just doesn't seem like the character's styles. That aside, I believe that even if weapons are developed Hokage will still need the power in order to protect themselves from shinobi attacks with weapons. I'm sure even the most advanced technology can be fooled with enough knowledge and skill in stealth from a shinobi.

14. Astaroth ど~~ん!

I've heard somebody say that the Special Forces - the Green Berets, the SAS, the Navy Seals, and so on - are modern ninja. They go secretively behind enemy lines in lethal little groups and have much of the ninjas' mentality. So it might turn out like that, at least a hundred years or so in the future.

15. QuoNina Active Member

Hm...:noworry So you did a good job explaining this plot setup, what's there to discuss about. >.>

Kishimoto's Narutoverse is based on an imaginary world with imaginary human history. The way I would explain it if you ask me to is that the bullets and guns are not invented yet throughout the course of their history. They do have explosives. So it might be in the near future.

Just like there might be a bunch of aliens observing the Earth, thinking: so their technology has progressed this much, but why haven't those human beings invented "this" yet?

Or in another scenario: if you see a bunch of aliens using computers and telecommunication devices, are you sure that they must have guns? (It's probly more reasonable to assume they do have uber weapons.)

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  16. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

lol @ this thread. this is a fictional story, they already have many inventions like compact discs, cellphones, transitor radios, light poles, electric wires, that were invented centuries after guns.

17. iander Active Member

It might change the standard weapons for ninjas but it wouldnt affect their power too much except that it would affect the power of ordinary soldiers and people. An army of people with guns is more powerful than an army of people with swords but for the most part, naruto ninjas would still be on top.

18. jhin22 Yellow Flash of Konoa

it'd be cool if they can use their chakra to make the bullets stronger .. LOL

19. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

The funny thing is that the age of shinobi is already starting to come to an end if AL is truly correct about the current state of things. Gunpowder didn't need to exist for this to happen.

20. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

the AL is just going to end up being like the last of the truly ferocious fearsome ninjas, he can't bear to see the ninja life become obsolete thats his real motive