1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

The Akatsuki vs The Flash Rogues

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome Archive' started by Booster Beetle, May 28, 2007.

1. Booster Beetle

I?ve stated elsewhere that I believe that the Flash (be he Barry, Wally or Bart) has an amazing Rogues Gallery, one of the best in comics. I now feel it would be interesting to see how the board feels they stack up against one of the toughest organizations in Naruto, the Akatsuki. Who would win in a large scale melee, the Rogues or the criminal ninja?

I?ve chosen to include only those members of the Akatsuki who I feel we?ve seen enough of their abilities in the manga to give a fair assessment of how they fight and their range of techniques and skills. The six members of the Akatsuki are;

Kisame
    Itachi
    Deidara
    Sasori
    Hidan
    Kakuzu

I don't really think I need to explain their abilities because, since this is a Naruto Message board, I assume you?re all pretty familiar with them. They will be fighting against six members of the Rogues. These six members are:

Captain Cold- The undisputed Alpha male of the Rogues, his weapon of choice is a pistol sized cold gun. This weapon can be used in many ways, including a wide beam that simply freezes the opponent?s skin as well as a concentrated blast that freeze?s objects and people solid, making them easy to shatter. He is also able to create a difficult to detect cold field around himself which will freeze anyone foolish enough to blunder into it.

The Trickster (I)- A fun loving Conman, the Trickster?s main advantage is a pair of anti-gravity boots that allow him to ?walk on air? above the action. He carries with him a wide variety of small explosives and various other gadgets.

Weather Wizard- Likely the Rogues heaviest hitter, the Weather Wizard possesses a wand that gives him the ability to control the elements*. He generally limits himself to blasting people with lightening bolts and causing hail that rains down with the force of bullets, but when pressed he can create hurricane winds and other large scale natural phenomena.

Captain Boomerang (II)- Owen Mercer is the youngest of the Rogues and, as the name suggests, excels in throwing boomerangs with deadly accuracy. He has a wide variety of these weapons, including ones that spew acid and explode. He has also exhibited limited super speed over short distances, most notably when throwing boomerangs.

The Pied Piper- Technically reformed, I wanted to include him anyway. Piper uses a flute that gives him the ability to hypnotize anyone in earshot. He can also control rats and is able to amplify sound for destructive purposes.

Heat Wave- Wielding a portable flame thrower capable of large scale destruction, he also possesses a knowledge of pyrotechnics and combustibles.

Those familiar with the Rogues likely noticed a pretty conspicuous omission from the list, Mirror Master. I?ve decided not to include him because I feel he would give the Rogues an unfair advantage. As compensation I decided to use the second Captain Boomerang because he has all the skills of his predecessor, as well as the ability to throw at speeds quick enough to occasionally tag the Flash. However if people think this battle is too one sided without Mirror Master I'll pull someone else out and add him.

Note- This melee will be taking place in a limited space, and the fighters CANNOT use techniques that endanger their teammates. This is to prevent Weather Wizard from simply unleashing a tornado on the group, or Deidara from simply carpet bombing the entire area.

One side wins when all the members of the opposing side are dead or incapacitated. If I've failed to include any information or you're confused about something let me know, I've never done one of these before.

So, who will win the Rogues or the Akatsuki?

*The Weather Wizard has recently proven able to manipulate the elements without his wand, but because this is such a recent development and the full scope of his new abilities have not been demonstrated I think it would be prudent to say he is at the power level demonstrated during Johns' run on the Flash.

ETA- If you're feeling ambitious, how do you think the battle would go if I did include Mirror Master (II) rather than Boomerang? Do you think it would make a difference at all?

Last edited: May 28, 2007
    Tags:
  2. Havoc

LOL, flash has the worst villians.

3. Booster Beetle

How can a group that (used to) include the Rainbow Raider be ANYTHING but awesome?! Take your blasphemy elsewhere, heretic!

It's okay, Roy. I believe in you too.​

4. Ponko

I think that the Akatsuki would win this, mostly because they have a lot of surprise advantages. Ignoring even the annoying log replacement technique, you have characters like Kakuzu, Hidan and Sasori who even if you do hit them with a fatal blow will just not die, so the Rogues could waste a lot of planning on an attack that is ultimately meaningless.

But it would be a tough battle. The Rogues are used to dealing with a guy who moves a hell of a lot faster than any of the ninja, so there reaction time is pretty good even if they are only human. And Heatwave, Cold and Weather Wizard have a lot of destructive power than could incapacitate their opponents, and it can be spread out over a large area so a ninja cannot simply dodge as easily.

Itachi with his genjutsu and Piper with his flute could really mess up both sides. The Rogues would have less experience getting out of illusions, but the traditional ways of escaping mind tricks would not work with Piper's flute. He could cause a lot of chaos if he could get the Akatsuki to fight among themselves.

Boomerang, Hidan, Deidara and the Trickster would be annoying simply because they would get lost in the confusion. Their attacks (with the exception of Deidara) are not as impressive, but if they can get a direct hit you are in trouble.

If the Rogues and the Akatsuki were told about all the abilities the other possessed before the fight, I think the Rogues could make better use of the information. They are used to fighting as a team, while for the most part the Akatsuki seem more concerned with their individual desires. I don't think the Akatsuki are unprofessional enough to actually get in each others way, but I don't think they would fight in a team as well as the Rogues.

5. Fang

What are you gonna do against a 300 km tsunami? You gonna do nothing...You gonna die.

6. Ponko

Or you can freeze it, if you have a cold gun.

Or fly above it and then electrocute it with Lightening.

Or are we talking about a tsunami the Weather Wizard makes?

7. Fang

No you gonna die. Kisame cannot be stopped.

8. Ponko

What happens when Weather Wizard sends his Tsunami back at him?

9. Booster Beetle

Weather Wizard is likely strong enough to combat almost any weather effect you throw at him. Plus adding water may not be such a great idea, since the Wizard can just electrocute anyone who walks on it.

Trickster and Weather Wizard don't fight on ground level, remember. Then the Trickster will pelt you with an exploding rubber chickens and you’re screwed, yeah...Now I want to see Trickster fight Hidan, just because it would be REALLY annoying.

10. Ponko

Hey, the Trickster is a dangerous enemy to have. He did outwit that knockoff devil, Neron.

11. Fang

Kisame makes him die.

12. Brooke Logan

With Deidei fighting for the Akatsuki, I have to say Akatsuki would win.:love

But your Flash guys sounds awesome Sam, they'd put up a good fight.:amuse

13. mystictrunks

What's he gonna do against a boomerang. If he dodges it he gets hit in the back,if he doesn't he gets exploded.

14. Booster Beetle

Well, SOME of them would, Autumn. The Trickster may as well run around in circles yelling 'I'm a diversion, I'm a diversion!' Though with Ponko's comment in mind, I do think the Akatsuki would take it. Though I do wonder how Piper's powers compare to genjutsu.

I think the Mirror Master would certainly turn the tide though.

15. G-Man

Beetle, you are officially full of win! Damn shame John killed off RR during his run...

As for the fight, I'd give it to the Akatsuki guys more often than not, though the Rogues are some of if not the toughest "gimmick" villains in comics.

The Rogues don't deal with guys who are above them physically and who actually want to kill them that often. Plus, them having good enough reflexes to tag the Flash is pure PIS (with the exception of Boomerang II). Itachi mind rapes half of them the instant the bell rings (he only needs you to see him pointing and or make eye contact afterall) leaving Boomerang II and maybe one or two others to try and fight all of Akatsuki.

The Rogues will definitely take a few of Akatsuki down, but they lose in the end.

Adding Mirror Master turns this into a rapefest though. That guy is borderline reality-warping in his skill set.

16. Comic Book Guy Retired Staff

. . . Huh?

Of all the Flash Rogues, why did you neglect the Top?

17. Booster Beetle

If I included the Top he could have just made all the Akatsuki 'good' and wandered off. Seriously though, It's the same reason I didn't include Zoom or Mirror Master, it was an (obviously failed) attempt to make the fight even. Plus I (in my biased way) tend not to think of The Top as one of the Flash’s core Rogues. I’m more than happy to amend the list though. As I said, I’ve never done this before and have made a few really stupid oversights.

Next time I should try a totally unbalanced team. Zoom, Murmur, The Turtle, The Top...and of course, Rainbow Raider.

G-Man, you're right of course, Itachi totally unbalances the entire thing, which is a shame because without him (and possily Sasori) I think it would be an interesting fight. Poor Hidan though, he's not likely to get close enough to anyone to use his jutsu.

18. Buskuv Retired Staff

Boostle, I'd just like to know that I've used that wonderful picture as my amazing avatar.

Thank you. <3

19. Sasori

Also, I thought it said Akatsuki vs Flash and was about to post CURBSTOMP.

20. Ponko

I have always wanted to know how Murmur of all people can be a Flash Rogue. He is a guy... with two sharp knives... and some virus. The others are unbelievable enough, but Murmur? MURMUR?? Sure he is amusing, but the Flash should be able to catch him about two seconds after he surfaces anywhere.

Maybe he and Hidan can bond through stabbings.

Everyone loves the Rainbow Raider. Clearly he needed his own series. Or at least to be able to show up in a new one like Axel in the amazing Detective Chimp series.

21. Booster Beetle

Ponko, Murmur has the amazing ability to...uh...stab people. He stabs people good! Knowing his luck he'd end up stabbing Sasori. You're right, his existence as a Flash rogue makes no sense. He'd be a better Green Arrow or Batman villain.

22. Ponko

Knowing Sasori's luck, he would get stabbed in the heart.

I wonder what the rogues would think of to keep Kakuzu, Sasori and Hidan out of commission? Are any of them really up to dismembering Hidan?

23. Scorpio3.14

Personally, I am thinking Captain Cold and Weather Wizard could do this alone. If Captain Cold creates a cold field around both of them with Weather Wizard nuking the Ninja from inside I don't see much the Akatsuki could do to stop them. Maybe Genjutsu, but thats about it. Throw in Pied Piper and Heat Wave and I think the Rouges would take this, they are more organized then the Akatsuki :p

24. Darklyre

Captain Cold recently decapitated a guy using his gun. He shot him with a blast at absolute zero, then broke the guy's head off.

25. Booster Beetle

Yeah, and before that he froze the Top solid and simply shattered him. I don't think if you did that to Kakuzu you'd have to bother with hitting all his stolen organs. Hidan is actually the only Akatsuki I can see going down easy because he's (relatively) slow and he needs to get fairly close to you, while the Rogues are all long distance fighters.

Scorpio, I have to wonder if the fact Sasori can get so many puppets going at once may confuse the Weather Wizard at all.

Though I'm glad to see someone has confidence in the Rogues. Though all of them getting mind raped by Itachi right off the bat is still a possibility.