1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The AL and the Akatsuki

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Mezu, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Mezu The Guardian

I think it can be assumed that the AL has to be someone important to the plot past and present. I doubt Kishimoto is just gonna pull some nameless shinobi out of his ass and then try to piece him into the plot, though anything can happen (that's for sure).

Now to the point, the AL seems more like a kid demanding attention than someone who is respected. Hidan defies him for a brief moment which shows that Hidan isn't outright bitched by AL, he more or less has ulterior motives and I think that can be said for the whole lot of them if we look back:

-Orochimaru: He obviously joined Akatsuki to get close to Itachi, to acquire him.. so to speak.

-Itachi: He has a more mysterious attitude and I'll save him for later.

-Kakuzu: He's obviously after the bounties and the money that he collects from them. Yes, he values the goal that Akatsuki is striving for, but again money is in his interest. It's possible that he's being paid by the AL or he's being promised power, which would ultimately lead into an easier acquirement of bounties. Either way it looks like he's a money whore.

-Tobi: He seems to be just a puppet, he seems like a one-trac mind. I mean, who goes around saying in third person, "Tobi's a good boy". Ultimately he strikes me as just a tool, not knowing what he's getting into or just blindly obedient. And if infact he was Obito, not saying he is at all, this would be a plaudible explanation for brain damage, although he should be dead by all means.

-Zetsu: There's not enough knowledge on this character, but he sure loves eating corpses...

-Sasori: We'll probably never know why Sasori joined Akatsuki, though there could be an infinite amount of reasons for this, which I'm really not going to delve in.

-Blue hair girl: nothing is known of her.

Now I'm not saying that the AL has no power or strength. The way this character acts just strikes me odd, At the end of the chapter he states that Hidan and Kakuzu always cause trouble in a joking matter. It's like the guy is just the source of the prizes that every member is promised, and thus he's truly not respected to the degree that these guys bow to his every whim out of sheer fear cause if that were the case Hidan wouldn't have defied his order s in the first place.

Now some of you are saying ok thats great, but he still bitched Itachi, that could be the place (again I'm not trying to impose my beliefs on you), but I disagree. Now I doubt you remember what I said at the beginning of this thread so I'll reiterate: I doubt the AL is some random nin that had no impact on the past. And what I'm really trying to say is that he is Uchiha Madara. Before you start cursing me out, saying there's no proof.. blah blah, let me say that Kishimoto pretty much gave away that Madara would play some part in the future.

Back when Kyuubi's chakra was supressed by Sasuke, Kyuubi brings up Madara or better yet, Kishimoto brings up Madara. To me this seems like Kishimoto is trying to link Madara to the AL without being totally random, in essense this encounter was just an introduction.

Now you may be saying, where are you going with this? Well, if we assume that Madara is the AL, we can also identify why Itachi would join a random organization. Itachi states himself that only another Uchiha with the same eye could kill him and that there was one already floating about and another that could be (Sasuke). Knowing this, why would Itachi take orders from anybody... knowing that they cannot defeat him? It just doesn't make sense at all. To me it seems that Itachi is just after power, the power that the AL has... and the full power of the Uchiha bloodline limit.

Hey, wait a second, you just said before that the AL has a kid-like behavior, and now you're saying that he's probably Madara, are you dissing arguably one of the most powerful characters in the Narutoverse? And aren't you contradicting yourself? No, I'm saying that the AL's position is more relaxed and he is indeed powerful. He doesn't assume absolute authority over the members and he leaves room for some disagreement, though he is quick to command. He's basically the father of the group, everyone knows if there good... they'll get something in return.

...Damn that's long.

Agree or disagree?

Tags:
  2. He has midly dark orange'ish hair though, We have yet to see an Uchiha with anything but black hair. [Sasuke's hair is only blue'ish because of the theme playing along with Team 7, Sakura=Pink; Naruto=Orange/Yellow;Sasuke=Blue]. Plus his hair isn't of an Uchiha style, which pertains to the force of gravity and is pointed down.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible, but that it'd be pretty weird. His eyes are either Sharingan or Kurenai's eyes which look strangely like the Sharingan, which leaves me to wonder why would Kishimoto make it so similar. Then make the Akatsuki Leader's eyes the same style as Kurenai.

3. Mezu The Guardian

Well, also if Kishimoto made him look exactly like a cookie-cutter Uchiha, then there would be no denying that he is an Uchiha, and even more so, Madara. I find it interesting that he has the ginger hair and the eyes like Kurenai cause it provides doubt. Also, there's no definite proof for or against Kurenai being related to him, and possibly the clan. All in good time.

4. hatakemax Malor Pirates

disagree...we have no idea what are the motives of the akatsuki as a whole. until we know why they have come together will we be able to decifer why each of the members joined.

itachi being one of the more telling cases because so far he seems to care only for himself and growth in power so why join up with a bunch of uber strong nins who pose a threat to him(being that they can challenge him). he isnt even the leader and that says a lot.

5. Yosha The God

I love your sig because that is exactly waht he is going to look like, Uzumaki like.

6. uchiha_C Half-Mortal

im pretty curious as to AL's identity as well. I think he is someone we havent seen but is pretty famous(like some super criminal/kage/maybe Madara).

Madara has to play a part in this whole story, they wouldnt bring him up for nothing. Sasuke also seemed to know of Madara.

I dont think the leader is Madara though. i guess its possible but the orange hair makes it unlikely. Madara probably has to do with the Uchiha subplot.

7. Grrblt Banned

Oro was in Akatsuki before Itachi, and then left when Itachi joined.

8. Mezu The Guardian

Uzumaki like, I agree... I think for good or for worse, the AL will resemble Naruto in the end run. Is he going to be as immature? Absolutely not, but in my opinion he's gonna be like Naruto when he's older, more mature, powerful, goal-oriented. It may sound wierd, but from that last comment in the last chapter, I take it as he is a "badass", without the cookie cutter "badass" attitude, which possibly puts him originally in the drop-out category. Just an opinion though.

Is that so? I can't even remember it's been so long, the only thing I can remember is that he left because he could no longer acquire him. I gotta review one day...

9. NarutoPurePwnage Wise Man

If this is the case the AL is 4th or copy of 4th; which he is not.

He will reak of cheapness that will make everyone say what is cheap about Sharingan,MS,Boodlimit, etc.

In fact, I will say that he will be anti-Naruto. only similarities between them will be the godly amout of Chakra, but he will be less than Naruto.

10. Mezu The Guardian

Well of course he can't be to similar to Naruto, the AL is arguably the final villain and the final villain can't be a copy of the protagonist, atleast in this manga. If Naruto would essentially defeat "himself" it would be awkward, although similarities between the two can exist. I don't think they'll only have huge chakra reserves in common, because for one... the personality of the AL is leaning towards Naruto's, sometimes joking and a lot of the time brash... emotional more or less.

Now if the AL isn't the final villain than Kishimoto could potentially make him a good guy or if he's to alike to Naruto or Yondaime, he can kill him off while giving him a Zabuza defeat of some sort. Though this would be the worst case scenario because yes, he would reak of cheapness.