1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The anime team is gonna totally butcher this fight...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kimi Sama, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Kimi Sama

The anime team has a history of editing out the most violent and gory parts of Naruto - Gato's head never went flying off, Kakashi never put his hand right through Haku's chest, Zaku's arms didnt completely explode, Kimimaro never tore bones out of his body... etc.
    Like most anime teams they seem to love blood, but anything involving actual wounds gets heavy censoring.

So... anyone else see them having to go to town when they edit this fight?

We've had several graphic (usualy self) impalements involving Hidan, either from the giant kunai, his own stake, and recenly his scyth, not to mention the fact he spent what will pretty much amount to a whole episode as a severed head, bloody stump and all.

And the fight isn't even over yet. I'm not sure how Hidan will die, but I'm sure it ain't gonna be pretty.

So, do you think it's pretty much a given that the anime team will have to censor the hell out of this encounter? It looks likely to me so far, but then agian they didn't censor Sarutobi getting impaled on the Kusonagi, and I think they left Naruto's Chidori through the lung intact as well, so maybe there is hope

Tags:
  2. Pan-on

probably replace his scyth with a big foam bat

good point though

3. TenshiOni

--

I think they'll keep everything but we just won't see the actual decapitation scene animated. We'll just see Asuma go in for the attack, Kakuzu say his line, and then Hidan's head will just be on the floor.

The situation wouldn't be too harsh seeing as Hidan's head goes ahead and starts mouthing off right afterwards.
    Yes, but they didn't have Sasuke mention it.

The viewer was left to assume.

4. Kimi Sama

Yeah, I can see them doing that. I hope they get as close to actualy showing the hit as possible though, considering how badass it was.

Good point, the scene was mostly played for comedy value, especialy with team Asuma's "WTF...." o_O reactions, and Hidan's whining.

I think they'll take issue with Kakuzu's thread things reattaching him though, that was a bit graphic. I hope they don't make it too lame like they did Kimi's bones

Ah yeah I remember now. With any luck that's how this encounter will be played out, rather than actualy changing anything

5. GPM

They might use a silhouette of the scene where Hidan's head gets sliced off. In this way, you can see it happen, but it's somewhat less graphic.

6. Marsala

When a character is immortal, decapitation is comedy, not gore. No edit besides perhaps a little less blood.

7. Megaharrison Retired Staff

Hidan losing his head is too important for the plot for them to just edit out. They can't avoid it and I think there will be little if any blood, but it'll be there.

Also when hidan stabs himself, expect little if any blood and the pike doesn't come out the other side of his body.

8. gabha

I'll take a butchered animated part 2 chapter over nothing any day.

9. CM Pope

The Kusanagi was made to glow so...it somehow didn't seem as bad....

And the Chidori wasn't really seen either.

But yeah, I was wondering about censorship myself.

10. BeyonderZ

You have no control over what they do to the anime. If you can't control it don't let it bother you. When the episode is released .. we'll post a thread with the colored pages from the current chapter. But beyond that .. it's been like this since anime got started..

11. Hagen

I would be really mad if they replace Hidans scythe with another dildo

12. donkee

Ill be happy if the series ever gets to part 2, nevermind how far the manga is now.

13. Tyrannos

My guess when it is time to Animate Hidan's beheading, they will do a black silhouette with a red background as we see the head gets sliced, or they will do a typical "chest shot" and not showing the beheading. Like they do in other anime.

14. Aquila

Hurrr, people keep mentioning the Chidori-to-the-lung, so I'll mention that most of the actual wound was covered by the Chidori electricity, yet it wasn't quite covered so much in the manga...for a big long list of what was edited when they adapted Naruto into anime, you can go to leafninja.com and look at their anime to manga cuts section. I'm to lazy to get the full link.

As for the topic at hand, I'm sure they'll keep it in, maybe as a silhouette. It's too important to leave out, to violent to leave untouched, and too bad ass to be edited. They really can't win with this one...

15. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

I don't think we need to worry about the anime on this beheading thing, the silhouette as others have posted are common ways to get around this scene. However the dub versions would be the one's suffering for sure...

16. Futagokage

I would be more worried about that part out of Japan, if they censored Naruto's stabbing his hand, they can remove Hidan's from the series.!!!