1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

[Naruto] The Anti-Shippuden Shikamaru FC [manga spoilers]

Discussion in 'Fanclubs' started by Brooke Logan, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Brooke Logan B&B's heroine since 1987

This fanclub is for those of us who are not happy with the Shippuden/post timeskip version of the character Shikamaru. There were some changes made to his personality/characterization and some of these changes were not positive to some of the audience.

I was a fan of pre-timeskip Shikamaru, so much so that I bought all the plush dolls of him and wrote a fanfiction centering on him and his family. I had him in my fave characters list when I first joined here.

Well, I think everyone knows my feelings on the post-timeskip version and why I have those feelings. The whole character became different for me, he was changed and the change didn't work, imo. I never would have thought in the early days of the character that he'd be turned into what he was. I hated that arc not only for the pathetic handling of Hidan and Kakuzu, but for the handling of Shikamaru as well. To me, the guy I found so cute and lovable from the early days was buried right along with Hidan.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
    Tags:
  2. Brooke Logan B&B's heroine since 1987

Spoiler: Member List
    Owner: _allismine_
    Co-Owner: KorinaCaffeine

1. Saosin
    2. Darkfire75
    3. solve
    4. Marshie♥
    5. Rhaella
    6. nakagos bunny
    7. sook
    8. Kotonoha
    9. Jin-E
    10. Jun'ichi
    11. Guilles
    12. Sakura-tian
    13. Idate
    14. Jetixhater
    15. sapphireninja
    16. Hananoshi
    17. Obito
    18. noirnoir
    19. Sasori-puppet#66
    20. zuul
    21. Sousuke Aizen
    22. Tigress
    23. zuul
    24. nordic
    25. Reety
    26. ShadowTeady
    27. Aya
    28. BloodyButterfly
    29. KikyouBlossom
    30. Melon
    Spoiler: Banner List

*by _allismine_*
    Spoiler: Allied With

~ The ShikamaruXIno FC ~
    Spoiler: Fanart / Fanfiction

*WARNING: All of the following content will either flame / humiliate / show an extreme disdain towards / brutally murder post-skip Shikamaru. You have been warned.*

Art:
    What should have happened (NSFW)
    What should have happened, Part 3 (less NSFW)
    Sunday Morning Coffee

Batter Up!

Fics:
    -none-

That was a beautiful post, solve. Very well said.

Of all the characters in the story, Shikamaru would have been the least likely imo to turn out like he did in 339/342. He's supposed to be the intelligent one, the logical one, not the one who would seek vengeance for personal reasons after his teacher died in the line of duty.

I was hoping that Shikamaru would say in 342 that after that mission, he was giving up the ninja life. Because if he's the kind of person who is going to take it so personal when his friend ninja die in battle, then I don't think this is the job for him.

Instead he embraced his actions in 339, Konoha/shinobi life and being "one of the gang" wholeheartedly. That was the final nail in the coffin for the character for me.

And saying something like "It was something I had to do, no matter the cost" seemed so ooc for someone like Shikamaru. That's the very attitude Kishimoto chided Sasuke for.....now that's the "right way"?:huh This continues to baffle me.

Yep, no matter the cost, Shikamaru...I don't know what that cost was to you but to me it looked like it was your own soul....

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  3. KorinaCaffeine New Member

This FC? MADE OF WIN. <3

I am infinitesimally amused by that picture.

4. Saosin Banned

He use to be my favorite character too. :D:

5. Darkfire75 I AM WEASEL - 私はイタチである!

Ooh, I'll join. I liked Shika so much more before the timeskip. Now he's just...bleh.

6. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

WELCOME ALL MAI NEW MEMBAHZ. Thank you all for supporting the cause.

And that fanart is fucking hilarious.

7. Heathen is a heathen

Joinage please

8. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

XDD Welcome to the FC, solve! And thank you!

9. Teru♥ Forever and Always

Please do let me join. First off, as you can see in my custom title, I'm a Shikamaru fangirl. I like him for being so cool, easy-going and smart ninja who like to watch clouds.... yeah definitely kick-ass. But things have gotten different in the timeskip. It's like he became a stranger to me. I don't like the way he always takes the lead in his own team or acting like the star of the Team 10 arc. He stole all the spotlight that is also meant for Ino and Chouji.

I'll have to rant about it more later on. For now, please sign me up.

10. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

Welcome, Marshie. And I feel your pain. I used to love Shikamaru before the time-skip, but now...just as you so aptly put it, it's like I don't know him anymore. The team was Ino-Shika-Chou, not Shikamaru-with-those-two-peoplz-in-the-background. The Kakuzu/Hidan arc would have been so much better if all three of them pitched in together to avenge their Sensei's death.

And I also know how you must feel joining this FC. I'm sure everyone probably thinks that I started this place just because I'm a Hidan fan. >.>

11. Teru♥ Forever and Always

Thank you. That is the team's arc, not only Shikamaru's. Kishi really made a big mistake there. Now we don't even know what other techniques Ino and Chouji developed after the timeskip. I feel more sorry to the two of them especially to Ino. When Ino volunteered to battle Hidan, Shikamaru was like, "You're so weak! Don't you even dare!" I felt really bad about this since the Shikamaru before is always bossed around by Ino.

Hidan fan or not, you were right about making this FC. I'm a ShikaIno fan and I wanted the old Shikamaru to come back.

Can you please also ally this FC to the ShikaIno FC? I know it sounds absurd but it can help gain more advertisement.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  12. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

I know! Whatever happened to teamwork? He plays it like his teammates are completely helpless without him there. That's not the way Asuma would have wanted it. If I was Ino, I'd be pretty pissed.

It doesn't sound absurd whatsoever! I'd be happy to be allies. Thanks for considering me. ^^

The only way I'll accept Shikamaru's new attitude is if his grudging became even worse and worse, until those emotions caught up with him one day in battle. His opponent would be way better than him and place him on the brink of death. Then, right before he died, he could have a spiritual enlightenment, maybe even with Asuma talking some sense into him and asking him why he's acting this way. After a discussion, Shikamaru would muster his remaining strength and call his baffled-in-shock teammates by his side, and they would vanquish the enemy together. After the bad guy died, Shikamaru would stumble around and collapse, with Ino immediately rushing to his side. We'd have the whole 'eyes-drifting-shut-on-the-vision-of-my-teammates', 'voices-slowly-becoming-muffled', 'Asuma-sensei...thank-you' scene before the end of the chapter.

Next chapter, he'll wake up in a hospital bed.

...dude, now I totally have to write a oneshot or something. :nuts

13. KorinaCaffeine New Member

Mm, I know how you feel. I get that all the time. "You just don't like Shikamaru because you like Hidan!"

Uh, no, actually. I do like Shikamaru. The old Shikamaru. He kicked ass. Now? Not so much.

I always thought ShikaIno was cute, too. Well, before Shikamaru got all "Woo, look at me! I'm being angsty!" on us. >_>;

I think the only people I really dislike in Naruto are Sasuke, Orochimaru, Karin, and of course post-timeskip Shikamaru. Oh yeah, and Itachi. Those people just irk me for some reason or another.

14. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

I don't like Shikamaru being angsty. It just doesn't suit him. Now ShikaTema can make more sense because she can just beat some sense into him. :\

I loved old Shikamaru too! I'll probably be excommunicated from the Shikamaru FC if they ever realized that I'm still a member. I think I...won't post in there for a while. >.>

...although I can't say that I didn't take a little pleasure in making an anti-FC against the character who buried poor, lovable Mr. Jashinist under a ton of rock. LET'S BLOW YOU UP AND BURY YOU ALIVE AND SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT, BITCH

-clears throat-

Excuse me.

15. Teru♥ Forever and Always

Aside from that, the Anti-Chouji and Anti-Ino fans are increasing because of that arc. And I like your idea about Ino catching Shika! You should write a fic about it! :wtf Sorry, my inner ShikaIno fangirl comes out XD And being angsty makes him OOC. No offense to Kishi. I think this stranger is Shikamaru's twin brother, I think.

16. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

GODDAMN IT I like Chouji and Ino! ;_;

And Shikamaru is very OOC lately. We need to get him watching more clouds and less rain. :\

17. KorinaCaffeine New Member

I think that's what's so great about the way Hidan went. xD Not only did he go down cursing and spitting up a storm, but he's still alive down there somewhere. It's only a matter of time before someones strolls alone and wonders "Oh? What's this?" Or before the Nara grounds need to get their septic tank replaced and accidentally dig him up. xD

"Sir, is this your septic tank?"

"OH SWEET JESUS, PUT HIM BACK."

18. Rhaella nothing but the rain

He was my favourite protagonist.

19. KorinaCaffeine New Member

Well said, well said! My thoughts exactly.

20. sook sweet zombie jesus

shikamaru's still my favorite protagonist for many reasons, and i'm not displeased with hidan/kakuzu's deaths, but his sudden patriotism bothers me. he was more of a free spirit before, and his lording his "will of fire" over another's religion shocked me. in part i, he'd fulfill his duty best he could, but he wouldn't be self-righteous about it. :cry

21. Kotonoha in ur team, drinkin ur waterz

I have to join.

Note to timeskip!Shikamaru: ANGST SUCKS, STOP GIVING YOURSELF CANCER AND GO LOOK AT SOME CLOUDS, KTHX

22. sook sweet zombie jesus

^how's he angsty? he brooded for only one chapter (and it would have been wrong if he didn't, considering how "that" death happened). he's not moping or smoking anymore -- at least kishi got that right.

as for that whole bit with the cigarettes.. that was awful and reminded me of the lion king. :notrust

23. Heathen is a heathen

I have never mentioned this before, but I used to like Shikamaru too. He was a favorite character of mine because of his carefree nature and that live and let live attitude. He had something inside him that was rare and precious.. The fact that he retained these characteristics despite having grown up in a society where the majority of kids aspired to become professional ninjas and national heros made it even more precious.

It used to be the case that outside of the turbulence of everyday life he had that inner calm that spoke wisdom. It was wisdom because he knew what he wanted in life and what was important to him and no one/no situation could make him think otherwise. He was someone who wanted a normal life and only does what he does to get by - being a ninja is only a job - like something to feeds his family with. He was someone who would rather choose not to fight given the option and someone who found it natural to see past the surface and built a beautiful friendship with Choji. yeah, I liked him then.

Unfortunately in the course of the story.. he was to be picked out for his outstanding abilities, and even though he tried to stayed out, became the first of the nine genins to reach the Chunnin status. Like how beautiful and exotic animals are trapped and killed for their furs and horns, there was no going back once those in power realized Shikamaru had a brilliant mind and the implication how it can be used to kill and destroy. The numerous missions that Tsunade promised to give him just before the time-skip started have made him leave his heart behind. The missions - they were his traps. With the continuous flood of missions, he was trapped and the old Shikamaru slowly died, his brain power harvested. His mind now belonged to and worked for the collective will. I hate him as he is now ^_^ He had become self righteous (I'm God complex?), vengeful, ultranationalisitic, and a hero wannabe ninja. Like (almost) everyone else in his village. The revenge - he didn't do it for his friends or those he love! ha, he did it for the "will of fire" as he said so himself, which is a lifeless ideology while he was on a mission. Ironically, in Hidan whom he buried I found many of the same endearing characteristics that drew me to Shikamaru before, which is why I doubly resent the story so.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2007
  24. Darkfire75 I AM WEASEL - 私はイタチである!

Yeah, it always seemed to bother me about Shikamaru's revenge. Sasuke has been the known avenger throughout all of Naruto and always gets hated for it by other fans and stuff, but suddenly, when Shikamaru wants revenge, a lot of fans were like: "yeah! Go kick ass, Shika!" How's that work? I mean, Sasuke has a pretty valid reason for revenge but at the time he started thinking those thoughts, he had no one to tell him otherwise. His family was gone.

It bothers me that Shikamaru accepted taking revenge for Asuma's death. I'm pretty sure he didn't agree with Sasuke's one-track mind on revenge before the time skip and suddenly, he was all for wanting revenge. He wanted Hidan 'dead and buried.' It bugs me that Kishimoto viewed Shikamaru as a hero at the end of that arc too. With him smoking and smiling and Asuma's ghost or whatever floating behind him saying: "You did it, Shikamaru." I just can't believe Asuma would actually be PROUD of his student for getting revenge.

And I don't want to sound biased, but I think all the crap Sasuke gets from hater fans for wanting revenge because his brother killed his clan is pretty lame when other fans were rooting Shikamaru on for getting revenge for Asuma. It doesn't seem fair that one character is hated for wanting revenge and the other is praised, you know? I dunno, I guess that's just always bugged me about the Shikamaru-revenge arc thing. He was awesome as a lazy-ass and smart guy before he became a chuunin. Then he just...disappeared as the character I had come to know and like. He lost his Shikamaru-ness (that's not even a word, but I don't care XD). Plus, the fact that he overshadowed Ino and Chouji in that revenge arc pissed me off. He didn't even LET them fight. I know he said it was too dangerous, but then WHY did he even bring them along if he didn't think they'd be able to do much? Really. I felt bad for Ino and Chouji because I like them and they didn't deserve to be thrown in the background to make way for 'Hero Shikamaru'. Blech. And...wow, I had no intention of making this post a long rant, but oh well. =P

25. Jin-E Well-Known Member

26. Brooke Logan B&B's heroine since 1987

That was a really good post! I agree with everything you said.

That's why I had made that topic about a month back about revenge, why is it wrong for Sasuke to want it but it was "right" for Shikamaru to want it? was the theme.

Btw, Akatsuki210 is writing a fanfiction about Shikamaru re: his feelings about the murder of Hidan. It'll be interesting to see how Akatsuki210 explores the psychological aspects of such an act, since Kishimoto made Shikamaru seem like he had just finished taking a nap instead of taking a human life.:notrust That's a little hard to fathom that a hero character could be that casual about something like that.

I don't think we'll ever get the "old" Shikamaru back, I think he's gone too far for that. The only thing that would save the character for me would be to show that he actually had some feeling of disgust/hurt at what he "had" to do. Kishi kinda tried to make him seem like the old Shikamaru in the scene with Kurenai and his dad, but after what he'd just done to Hidan? sorry but that didn't work. That was utterly ignoring the truth about what a heinous thing he'd done.

27. _allismine_ sappin' your sentries

A huge welcome to all the new members!! THANKS FOR JOINING!! <3

Much love to everyone who's posted here. I want nothing more than to take the time and reply to all of your wonderful posts, but time is really thin with me lately. I hope you can forgive meh for that. XDD

I'll answer as soon as I have the time!

Thank you all again.

28. Jun'ichi Religious Executor

A little late, and normaly I don't join Anti-fanclubs, since I don't see the point of being "against" someone. But Shikamaru pushed the limits of my sympathy for him.

29. Suigetsu Legendary

I want to Join! I hate fucking shikamaru from timeskip, in the normal naruto I used to kinda like him but now , I want to rip hes balls off with Hidans Scythe!:mad

Joinage please and we requiere a banner to divulge our Idiology.

30. Sakura-tian Little thing with watermelon

I'll join. Shippuuden Shikamaru is boring XP