1. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries: February 29th by 12:00pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Bounced e-Mails Issue

Some accounts cannot post in NF anymore due to an e-mail related issue!
    If you are among those members, please, check this thread for more information about how to proceed!
    Or create a support ticket by going here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The attention span of anime viewers has dipped to zero these days.........

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of September 2011' started by Kira U. Masaki, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Kira U. Masaki

This show seems to get a lot flac, in particular because the plot is really slow to come around, but this is honestly the type of show that probably would be best in that 26+ range of episodes, and is just slowly introducing us the characters before it takes off. But it seems people somehow want character development plot and endgame within like 10 episodes. Imo this and gosick are two of the better fantasy with somewhat dark tones in quite a while; I might through yukimerry in there as well. I swear Detective Conan if it came out today would be cancelled after two episodes, and no way would it fly how slowly its paced, I mean the results of the show in the US kind of trend towards that as well. But come on, this is not a harem or any such similar show that can be cracked out in 13 episodes.

Tags:
  2. Stalin

I'm fine with slow paced TV show as long as something interesting happens. Being slowed isn't naturally a flaw, but it can be if the show is poorly executed.

3. Random Member

I'd imagine a lot of people are in the same boat as Stalin, being fine with slow pace as long as something interesting happens. This show does happen to only be in the 12 episode range and has had little movement in plot halfway into its run, so I can kind of see where people are coming from by giving it flak there or becoming fed up.

I do feel similar though that people could stand to give a show a try longer than they already do, should they have the time. Gosick, for example, I've heard a lot of people dropped due to the first few starting episodes. It became pretty entertaining come the second half though and worth sticking through, imo. I saw a lot of people recommend others to pick it back up by that time too.

4. Kira U. Masaki

Look my point is d n s is not a 13 episode type show, even if they try to cram it into that amount, its a semi dark fantasy show that should be allowed to run its course. Right now they are still introducing the concept of the phantom books, still introducing recurring characters like his buddy and the blonde girl, introducing possible rivals with the priest looking guy. And besides, unlike some other shows that stretch a single case or mystery over multiple episodes, dns usually finishes everything in one episodes, granted I hope if it goes on longer there are some cases spread over more episodes, but the respective episodes themselves are not slow either.

I mean detective conan is considered a classic and its still running at 600 plus episodes strong, but the plot movement even hundred episodes or more in is none existent; I mean its been a while but from what I remember on CN, after the first episode I dont think we saw anyone from the organization again.

I mean look, if you need plot every other episode I suggest watching movies instead. You get beginning middle end in two hours. I like silly episode in gosick and this where they solve simple mysteries, more so in dns because they are supernatural in nature; I dont need to feel overly challenged with some over complicated plot, and if the author had to do that , each episode would come out once every month or less.

I guess what I ultimately saying is people should like to watch the type of shows they watch, and stick with them, and not trudge over to some other show and voice their complaints and ruin it for those of us who like it.