1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

The best non-generic MC you've seen in Anime/Mangas

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by Haruka Katana, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    This is not a your favorite MC or the best MC thread. I'm talking about Main characters that are different than those molds you see. For example, MCs like Naruto/Luffy are generic MCs with the usual personality traits, idiotic, heroic, never give up etc. Which is why I never like Main characters in the first place, they're always the same boring type of people.

MCs like Light from Death Note are interesting to me, basically he is more of a villain protagonist than a hero, and is almost perfect to the people in universe. MCs like these are rare to see imo, or maybe I'm always looking at the wrong places.

Reason I ask this is to know your opinions, and maybe recommend me a manga/anime with an interesting MC too if you like. :caticon

Spoiler:

Another reason is this is White wolf's event challenge and I'm just here creating threads :catstab

Tags:
  2. White Wolf the defeated Super Moderator

Wei Wuxian (Mo Dao Zu Shi), he has a bit of a hero-anti-hero vibe throughout his growth, paired with a very strong sense of sacrifice that isn't paired with any kind of nakama power fuel bullshit.

Ye Xiu (King's Avatar), unlike most Jap shounen chars there's no bullshit curve in power, or any nonsense. He's the strongest, most skilled, and hardest working from day 1 and it leads to a lot of amazing moments.

Will think of some more, but good thread. :caticon

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Sixth Ranger Quantum Power!!

Meliodas(7 Deadly Sins) was a nice change of pace as far as MC’s are concerned. He wasn’t loud, obnoxious, battle hungry, brain dead, a crybaby, or a glutton. Plus he didn’t necessarily go from a zero to a hero. He was already one of the strongest, he just had to regain his power.

• List
  4. SueVthrARtiST Jack Gourdon

regular trope kid gets hit by car saving someone transported to new world but instead of being happy and becoming the great hero every time he saves the city he is arrested because of damages caused while fighting

• List
  5. Mider T VM Zombie

Makoto from School Days. I like my MCs to not give a fuck.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. mob Senzu bean cartel

Definitely Deku, he has unique fighting style and is the smartest mc I have ever seen in fiction
    Spoiler:

Who the fuck am I kidding :bookerskully

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. chibbselect Well-Known Member

Gon Freecs, if only because most MCs don't flip out and threaten to murder a blind girl.

Seconded. Yes This Is Kazuma is an unabashed sociopath. I knew he was going to be a fun MC when he made Aqua come with him out of spite.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  8. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

9. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Revolutionary Nationalist.

10. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

He gave a lot of fucks though, literally...

11. Courier Six Lord of Dreams

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    Kurosawa from Legend of a strongest man. Nigga is a 40 year old man who’s a failure in life but through courage and a desire of actually improving his life. Ends up becoming one of the most badass MCs that I’ve ever seen.

12. Silnaem Nothing for Wisdom

- Manji from Blade of the Immortal
    - His counterpart from Until Death Do Us Part
    - Helck
    - That kid from Cage of Eden

13. Vector Pro

Usually seinen mcs

Adult Eren is another good choice.

14. Amol Chief of Wisdom

He is an asshole. Never cares about this thing called honor in battle. He will use any dirty tactic he can think of to win.
    And hell he would run the hell away from battle if he thinks it is becoming too much for him.
    He still pretty likable and charismatic of course.

15. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Light Yagami. Deku. Joseph, Jotaro and Josuke.

16. Spider-Man have a nice day

France
    Natsu Dragneel

He is not just a character, he is a deconstruction of the human psyche that presents a person's inner strengths and weaknesses in several ways. He is highly complex to the extent that he is more of a seinen character than a shounen character. He is very unconventional in both his actions and motives and often finds himself in an area of grey morality. This alone distinguishes him from the usual garbage shounen anime use as characters. It is his unique personality that sets him apart, and makes him my favourite character. He is kind, caring and knows when he to fight his battles. He is shown to be very loyal to his guild and friends, which ties in to how he is a deconstruction of the human psyche. He is, effectively, a very likeable character since there is a little bit of Natsu in all of us

17. Keishin Well-Known Member

anime and manga dont have many non generic mcs.