1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Best Predicted Fight? Genma Fans Read

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by cashmare, Jun 21, 2005.

1. cashmare

i think the best possible predicted fight should be between genma and kabuto.
    i think that genma will match up to kabuto really well and it will be an explosive match betwen them two. this is bcos as we already know that kabuto is pretty powerful and has even been said might match up to kakashi's strength and genma is pretty cool and is as strong as kakashi as well . as we havent seen him fight that much he has been perceived through the as someone strong who can take on stronger opponents. so the match up between these two will see the techniques of genma brought to life and we will see how strong he really is.

any thoughts?

Tags:
  2. Kyuubi Naruto

Since when is Genma as strong as Kakashi? Well he is strong.

Academy Grad Age: 10
    Chuunin Exam Age: 13

Missions Completed
    D-Rank: 165
    C-Rank: 220
    B-Rank: 454
    A-Rank: 74
    S-Rank: 2

Ninjutsu: 4.5
    Taijutsu: 3
    Genjutsu: 3
    Intelligence: 3
    Strength: 3
    Speed: 3.5
    Stamina: 3
    Seals: 4

Genma is a Ninjutsu freak I see. After the timeskip I see him stronger so I hope he is in a good right. He's probably pretty strong now.

3. ~Siggy~

Hmm Kyuubi Naruto can you also please post Kakashis stats and how many missions he's gone to? Yeah...me be liking numbers ya see :wink

So if you'd be so kinds then thanks in advance *Siggy bows*:bow

But hey back to the topic itself ^_^;; !!
    I think that Genma would pretty much be on the edge if he'd have a fight against Kabuto...yeah. He just would start shooting his toothpicks like crazy and Kabuto would become the human pin cushion. Kabuto prolly would have some aces up in his sleeve also but not knowing much about both of their skills it's hard to know. So I am seeing that this fight would be somwhat a draw, or Genma winning by an inch. Anyway I'd like to see those two to fight outta bit

4. Rankin

I'd still love to see a fight between Neji and Rock Lee. Typical Genius vs. Hard worker type battle. I could forsee a Neji win, but it would certainly be a great fight to see.

5. Kahlua2606

Genma was defeated by the Sound 4 at level 2, who were then defeated by a team of Genin. Genma is powerful, no doubt, but he's not at the level of Kabuto or Kakashi.

Best fight? If/when Konoha sends a team to the Sound to rescue Sasuke, the Naruto/Sasuke, Kakashi/Kabuto, Jiraiya/Oro fights all going on at the same time. That would be the ultimate.

6. mmzrmx

Well in Genma's defense he and the other guy were exhausted from the previous mission before fighting the sound4, and they still managed to push them Cs2. I do agree though that he is a bit below Kakashi. He is good but not that good.

7. sayam

The sound four was defeated by the gennin. The 2 first got defeated by gennins in 1 vs 1 battles, and I belive the sound work better in teams, but they were not defeated by just any gennin but chouji who had his pills and by the Hyuga Prodigy Neji. and both of them were on the verge of death when they won. the last two gennin didn't really won against the sounds, they would def have lost if the sand didn't came to rescue.
    So Genma and Raidou was defeated by 4 sound ninjas with cursed seal (wich makes you 10 times stronger) but even with the odds (4 vs 2) the jounins did put up a good fight

so back on topic ;)
    Genma is strong and I'm a fan of him, but he's not as strong as Kakashi wich disapoints me alot.
    but if he were to fight kabuto I think he would put up a good fight and I would really like to see it.

8. RaitoRyuukashin

Kakashis stats were the highest in Konoha. Even higher than the 3rd.

9. ghostgal

I think Kabuto is far stronger than the sound 4. Even if he hasn't got curse seal he's got he freaky eyes. I think he's too much for Genma. But of course I'm a big Kabuto fan...

10. hit0k1ri

Genma < Kakashi. I'm usually open to people's opinions and although I respect almost all of them, anyone saying Genma even equals Kakashi is just unacceptable in my books. Apart from the facts like how Kakashi is a legendary and well-known ninja, and how is father is thought to be of equivalent strength to the sannin, here's the stats to show the difference between the two (although, I'm not a big fan of judging someone solely on their stats).

Advancement Data
    Academy Grad Age: 5
    Chuunin Exam Age: 6

Missions Completed
    D-Rank: 197
    C-Rank: 189
    B-Rank: 414
    A-Rank: 277
    S-Rank: 39

Ninjutsu: 5
    Taijutsu: 4.5
    Genjutsu: 4
    Intelligence: 5
    Strength: 3.5
    Speed: 4
    Seals: 5

11. Nakor

genma was exhausted from his previous mission before fighting the sound 4. they even said the mission was harder than expected. he even fought two of the sound 4 with CS2 on. A completely exhausted jounin vs. 2 high lvl chuunins with CS2, i'd say he managed fairly well.

yea genma isn't as strong as kakashi, but if he improved over the time skip alittle bit, i could see him fighting kabuto. i'd say it would be an even match. genma's high ninjutsu stats really make me think he can fight evenly with kabuto.

i'd also like to see this fight take place. mostly cause i wanna see genma fight.

12. Kyuubi Naruto

For reference, pre timeskip Kabuto:

Academy Grad Age: 10
    Chuunin Exam Age: -

Missions Completed
    D-Rank: 163
    C-Rank: 28
    B-Rank: 0
    A-Rank: 0
    S-Rank: 0

Ninjutsu: 4.5
    Taijutsu: 3.5
    Genjutsu: 4.5
    Intelligence: 5
    Strength: 3
    Speed: 3.5
    Seals: 5

He sounds very strong. Since Genma and Baki apparently fought (we dont know how it went) ill give out Baki's stats also.

Ninjutsu: 4
    Taijutsu: 3.5
    Genjutsu: 3.5
    Intelligence: 3.5
    Strength: 4
    Speed: 4.5
    Stamina: 2.5
    Seals: 4

13. Kahlua2606

No. No he didn't fare well. He and his fellow Jounin were taked out almost immediately. They weren't even a challenge for the Sound 4. That is not 'faring well.' The Sound 4 were purposely made out to be badass, so when they were taken out by the Genin, the Genins seemed more powerful, but there's no reason that the Genin should haven been able to take out who these 'powerful' Jounin couldn't. If these Jounin were fighting Oro or an Akatsuki, that's one thing, but these were minor players in Oro's plans, so they couldn't have been that powerful, and the Jounin should have been able to at least hold their own, not almost be killed very quickly, and then have those enemies be vanquished by shinobi 2 levels below them. Genma is not that strong, and not to be compared to Kakashi. I'd argue that several of the main characters: Lee, Neji, Naruto, Shikamaru, and of them only Neji is a fellow Jounin.

14. Nakor

when did it say that they fought?

kabuto's ninjutsu is high but i think most of it is focused around medic nin things and healing. his genjutsu is high but i don't think its high enough for it to have an effect on genma.

though kabuto could outsmart him. even take a soldier pill or something he made.

15. Toki no Hourousha

Well, Orochimaru said that Kakashi is probably as strong as Kabuto. So if Genma can't defeat kakashi he'd probably lose to Kabuto as well

16. Kyuubi Naruto

Genma and Baki were apprently fighting during the invasion.

17. Brooke

Ok I am a huge Genm fan he is my fav Jounin/Special Jounin(whatever you wanna say) int he hole series.I dont think that Genma is as powerful as Kakashi and Kabuto but saying he is weak because of his fight against the Sound 4 is not fair.Genma was low on chakra from being on the mission,so even if he is a Jounin he has no special bloodline abilities of any such,so an average Jounin fighting 2 High lvl Chunnin's with cursed seals.Is'nt a fair assumption on his strength.Also I think that Kishi has somethin in store for him if not he could have killed him off.

A fight between Genma and Kabuto would be cool and assuming he has grown over the time skip which I am sure.I think Genma would do ok he seems strong,plus I would just like to see him fight period.

18. LightningElemental

Are you thinking of Hayate? I don't remember Genma fighting him, though I could be wrong. :huh

19. Brooke

Everyone is talking about where him and Baki where staring each other down in the Chunnin Arena.It is an assumption that they where fighting but it is'nt a fact.

20. Kyuubi Naruto

No I mean Genma. They were about to fight and then the scene switched. They didnt show the fight but when they switch back they are standing there.

21. Gooba

Hey Wrath, mind throwing this over to me in the BDome? :hi5

Kakashi is an Elite Jounin, and a favorite for the next Hokage is Jiraiya were to turn it down again. Genma is a Special Jounin. Kakashi would kick his ass from here to Sunday. Kabuto is IMO a little below Kakashi, so he would also destroy Genma. Genma just isn't up to the level of Kabuto/Kakashi/Asuma/Gai, which is why he wasn't a teacher.

22. Mizura

Hmph. Databook 2:

Kakashi: (age 27)

Kabuto: (age 20)

Genma: (age 30: older than Kakashi)

People? Genma is a decent nin with a cool attitude. But compared to Kakashi and Kabuto, he's Average.

Edit: Here's Iruka's stats for laughs. :D

A lot less experience, but comparable stats at a much younger age. :D It makes me wonder how strong Iruka is...

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  23. TippmannMan

I also sympathize with Genma and Raidou. I think that the Sound 4 definitely work better as a team, and technically it was 5 VS 2 thanks to Ukon, without counting any of their summons. Just imagine what Genma and Raidou had to go up against simultaneously. Jiroubou's monsterous strength and earth techniques, Kidoumaru's annoying ass webs and spiders everywhere and not to mention his ultimate spider summon, Tayuya's three monsters and her flute (whose noise was probably prevalent during the entire battle, so no matter how good their genjutsu countering ability was, it would be a huge disadvantage) and then Sakon and Ukon. Now that I think of it, it's no wonder they lost even if they were at Kakashi's level, I mean that is a lot of things to deal with. Also if they could perform that group technique Shishi Enjin (Quad-Violet Flame Field), which apparently even the Hokage couldn't easily disperse and seemed indestructable, who knows what other group abilities they had.

:kabuto

EDIT: To answer the question, I think Kabuto would ultimately beat Genma. Like mentioned before, Genma seems to be a skilled ninja, but he has no bloodline limit or anything, which is really necessary in Naruto. Although, Kabuto hasn't shown any as well, I am sure he can't be written off as the same, and he probably has a bloodline limit or as some might venture he may be a jinchuriki

24. Shinobi of the Black Moon

Kahlua2606 I think you should really wait for the Dubbed Version in US, since it fits your shallow mind more. Kishimoto gave us so many information, but people like you ingnore it and create their own dream world.
    See, those are the informations we've got:

-Those two Jounin were on a hard mission, seeing how the situation in Konoha was at this time(after the war) they had to do an A or S Mission. So this means that didn't have much chakra left, even through they looked healthy because of Shizune's healing
    -Those were the SOUND FOUR, the elite bodyguards of Orochimaru, do you think they would be this weak, if Orochimaru would have trusted his life to them after he lost his fight against Sarutobi????Konoha was full of Jounins at this time you know.
    -So those four very strong Nins in CS2 against two very weakened Jounins. Even Kakashi would have lost in this condition.

Now to your comment the fight ended immidiatly, it didn't. Kishimoto just didn't want us to see all the techniques of the Sound Four, or else the fight against the genin wouldn't have had any suprises in them anymore, so he decided to skip it. Such things happened very often in the manga, but this time EVEN the makers of the anime decided that it would be better to also skip it in the anime. That show how improtant it was to leave the viewers/readers wondering.

AND NOW to your point why the powerful Sound lost against those Genin:

-The Sound Four had to use alot of Jutsu against those Jounins(you can see the destruction on the battlefield after this long fight), so they used alot of chakra up
    -They had CS2 on while fighting, and it drains Chakra like a black hole. This was explained at least ten time in the series.
    -The used up alot of stamina in this fight which lowered their fighting capabilities

Do you know now why they had to rest before they were interrupted by the genins?

25. simple_be

correct but just adding some points...
    -the 4 sound are really high chunnin level,kimimaro a low-jounin(perhaps because of him being ill..)
    -even if the only chunnin was shikamaru,naruto wasn't a genin level but a middle or high-low chunnin because he could use kyuubi chakra's,neji was a middle perhaps a high-low chunnin level,kiba was a middle chunnin,chouji a low-chunnin but with the red pill perhaps a high-low chunnin level,gaara was a high-middle chunnin level,temari and kankarou a high-low chunnin

and of course the sound 4 stated that those 2 jounins were stronger than they ever thought...so imagine those 2 in 100% fightins the sound 4...

on the topic..
    genma is cool but he isn't in the same league as kakashi or kabuto...kakashi is the best jounin in konoha to be the hokage if something happens to tsunade & jiraiya
    also in that time that kabuto tricked it kakashi in the hospital..in the manga kakashi said"my current state isn't enought" in that time of course..now i believe that kakashi is much better than kabuto

26. lwong81

this is the lib, so i can ref the manga right?

the sound 4 fight was skipped, so that their moves can be showcased later...much like sasori's fight...

gemma wouldn't stand a chance against kabuto in 1 on 1.

27. cashmare

i think you peeps are underestimating genma. i think as we havent seen him fight properly we shouldnt judge him as not being as strong as kakashi. well now people listen, how many people in the anime have you seen stop a shuriken with a tooth pick. haha. LOL

28. Mizura

What we Do know is that Kishimoto gave him stats that put him way below Kakashi and Kabuto, and more in the league of Iruka, despite Genma being older than Kakashi (he's also done less missions than Kakashi). My interpretation of this is that Kishimoto did not intend to make Genma especially strong.

29. Brooke

I beg to differ for the fact that if Kishi did'nt want him to be very strong or to keep him around he would have killed him off,the sound four fight was the perfect opurtunity to kill him if he was not needed in the series.Also saying that he is older does'nt mean anything Kakashi has the Sharigan that is why he is able to do so many high class missions,Kabuto has no c,b,a,or s class missions on his stats.I still think Kishi is gonna have Genma do something in the Manga.

30. Nakor

i do think genma is needed for something in the manga. he could've easily been killed off by the sound 4 instead of shizune saving him. there has to be some purpose for him.

yes his stats are lower than kabuto's stats but i don't think that much lower. kabuto looks like he has very much higher stats on that graph because of his high genjutsu and intelligence. kabuto doens't seem to use offensive genjutsu in fights so it really isnt' that important. their ninjutsu stats are the same and most of the other stats they are practicually tied with each other. the only thing that makes me kinda think that kabuto would win is he thinks of a plan that tricks genma, or he takes a soldier pill like he did against tsunade. otherwise i'd say a draw.

plus, everyone says sakura will get her ass beat against most of the other genin 9, but she has higher intelligence and higher genjutsu stats than almost all of them. so they must not be very important in a fight then.[/sarcasm]