• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

The better character: Obito vs Itachi

Who's the better character?

• Obito

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Itachi

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

Charmed

Forever Charmed
It's easy to manipulate everyone when Kishimoto retcons half the established lore for it :mjlol

Truthfully Madara should have realized that Black Zetsu wasn't his biological will, it's not something you can "fake". But Madara was clearly dumbed-down for the sake of the trash plot.
oh btw, didnt kishi contradict himself at some point.
Madara said he created BZ ... something like that

Shazam

⚡⚡⚡
Obito had a deeper character.

And deeper transition

And more much more impactful

In fact, Obito's story and character influences Itachi's own to some degree

Charmed

Forever Charmed
Orochimaru wasn't manipulated terribly by anymore and doesn't give the excuse that he doing it for peace like Madara Obito or Nagato
But i think Oro was always being slapped around and losing all his battles because reasons (teen itachi, old hiruzen, sick itachi, bos Sasuke). I personally wouldnt rate him as a good villlain let alone the best.

blk

Itachi.

Obito was ruined by the Rin cringe and arm chair philosophy about 'life is hell' etc that had blatant holes bigger than his anus.

Also flip-flopped too easily between ideologies.

Impulse785

But i think Oro was always being slapped around and losing all his battles because reasons (teen itachi, old hiruzen, sick itachi, bos Sasuke). I personally wouldnt rate him as a good villlain let alone the best.
I understand where you coming from but I don't judge by power probably because I am DC fan some of my favourite villains are not incredible powerful when compare to the very powerful villains and lose plenty of times

It just Madara Nagato and Obito ended up being more of fallen heroes rather than villains who think they were doing the right thing compare to Orochimaru who didn't really care about if he was doing the right thing he was genuinely an evill person who didn't care about right or wrong

Fused

The Absolute God
Apparently Black Zetsu was able to "sneak into Madara's body after he died at Valley of the End", and then made it look like he was born out of Madara.

:obamalaugh:obamalaugh:obamalaugh:obamalaugh:obamalaugh:obamalaugh

Like MADARA UCHIHA wouldn't have been able to sense a malevolent parasite living inside of him for 80 years.

Apparently Black Zetsu was able to "sneak into Madara's body after he died at Valley of the End", and then made it look like he was born out of Madara.

Like MADARA UCHIHA wouldn't have been able to sense a malevolent parasite living inside of him for 80 years.
Z-tier manipulation and stealth.
madara never had a chance.

Charmed

Forever Charmed

oh is it ever stated who was BZ's dad?

You think it might be isshiki?

Draco Bolton

Obito is still shitty for the dozen murders he committed and war he orchestrated because his reason is shit. Like half the cast have gone through worse shit.
In reality, IMO there is no valid reason on earth to carry out mass killings.

About Obito...I've been debating on this since 2012, since long before I come on this forum. Now I'm bored about this whole debate.

But quickly , I give my opinion, to me the death of Rin was the trigger (Rin was the most important important person for him. Not his fault if he doesn't have any parents. Anime did a good work in showing how Rin was important and helpful in his life. And I think Kishimoto retconned Rin feelings in afterlife to give more credibility to obito).

After that (and Madara's initial manipulation. Madara give him the tools for his vengeance and at the same time execute a worldwide conspiracy) Obito's vision became more and more darkened. He told Kakashi after his defeat, he walked around the shinobi world as Madara and it confirmed even more his vision of the rotten world.

If it was really only because of Rin, he would have used Rinne Tensei to bring her back. IMO he really wanted to save people with IT (and save himself by recreating Rin in a perfect world).

But I admit that Kishimoto did not bring this well.

The worst character of all time is not Obito, it's the guy on my avatar. Never been betrayed like that :pepohug

Orochimaruwantsyourbody

Itachi was bad, but I never considered dropping the series over his big twist. I actually dropped the series after the “You let Rin die” moment and took two years to comeback.

GrandBenja

me either :3
i believe they couldve been written better.
Like, I didnt like that Itachi was actually one of the good guys. Why cant he just be pure evil?
Agreed. One of my favourite scenes was when Itachi tortured Sasuke in Part 1. He worked perfectly as a villain…
No, it's clearly BZ. He manipulated everyone.
I think you meant Samehada.
What could have (somewhat) made sense is the following sequence:
- Madara creates Zetsu.
- A few years later, Kaguya's Zetsu murders Madara's and takes his place.
- When Madara is revived, he doesn't notice the Zetsu who possesses Obito isn't the one he created.

As it was written, Madara not realising he never created Zetsu in the first place indeed isn't believable.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
Agreed. One of my favourite scenes was when Itachi tortured Sasuke in Part 1. He worked perfectly as a villain…
Why couldnt he be nice to Sasuke?
Did he really need to torture him that way?
What wouldve happen to Sasuke if he never found out Itachi killled his clan, if Itachi didnt traumatise him... would he be happier, even friendlier?

think you meant Samehada.
Ha!

Charmed

Forever Charmed
I duno why Obito's winning... makes me wonder what could itachi have done that's actually even worse than "you let rin die" and "afterlife Obito"?

Impulse785

I duno why Obito's winning... makes me wonder what could itachi have done that's actually even worse than "you let rin die" and "afterlife Obito"?
Itachi getting praised by everyone and having Itachi have Hokage intelligence at age 7 made Itachi to me a Gary Stu not that he is bad character I just liked Obito more

Draco Bolton

and "afterlife Obito"?
What's the problem with afterlife Obito ? :hm

He was his true self again.

If it's because he come back from dead to help Kakashi (in fact what he did is just like what Hagoromo did to Naruto/Sasuke. He have space-time ninjutsu+Rikudo chakra) it's rather a feat problem (powerscaling bullshit) than a character weakness.

GrandBenja

Itachi getting praised by everyone and having Itachi have Hokage intelligence at age 7 made Itachi to me a Gary Stu
This whole Hokage wisdom at 7 was probably a lie. Hiruzen wanted to calm down Sasuke (who was still debating whether of not to destroy Konoha), so he spoke highly of Itachi.
This statement doesn't tell us much about Itachi. It only shows Hiruzen's experience as an educator.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
Itachi getting praised by everyone and having Itachi have Hokage intelligence at age 7 made Itachi to me a Gary Stu
i understand, but he still had lots of flaws so i duuno
If it's because he come back from dead to help Kakashi (in fact what he did is just like what Hagoromo did to Naruto/Sasuke. He have space-time ninjutsu+Rikudo chakra) it's rather a feat problem (powerscaling bullshit) than a character weakness.
yeah, so you'd say that wasnt awkward enough to affect his character?
Hags makes more sense cuz he's an alien and some sort of ninja god.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
This whole Hokage wisdom at 7 was probably a lie. Hiruzen wanted to calm down Sasuke (who was still debating whether of not to destroy Konoha), so he spoke highly of Itachi.
This statement doesn't tell us much about Itachi. It only shows Hiruzen's experience as an educator.
I think Hiruzen was exaggerating tbh.
Some sort of hyperbole

Top Bottom