1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Beyond Crap 10 Animes Of All Time

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by mow, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

just as the title states list your top 10 crappiest animes of all time (whose creators should be shot to death for making anime bad) and the reason, starting from no 10

10)Final Fantasy Unlimited :- where was the Final Fantasy in it?
    9))HELLSING:- A brillant manga, but the anime ripped it apart with adding parts and removing the best part which was the new nazis. Beyond crap
    8) DRAGONBALL GT:- DB was good, DBZ wouldve been great if it werent too long, but making a Dragonball just to be a cash cow is beyond crap
    7)LOVE HINA and all that genre):- If i see another story about a single guy who lives with a group f girls and gets daily nosebleeds I swear Im gonig to blow my head of. Beyond crap.
    6)SAILOR MOON:- Do I have to explain this one?
    5)Tenjou Tenj:- Im in loss of words
    4)DIGIMON (and all its sequels):- Lets get on thing straight any anime that revolves about little kids using little monsters sucks, beyond crap
    3)SD GUNDAM FORCE:- A gundam is good, cell shading is bad,chibi gundam is bad. But chibi Gundam with cell shading is beyond crap. :mad:
    2)Pokemon:- Check digimon description
    1)Yu-Gi-Oh (and that genre):- Saving the world by using a card. Plain wrong, i say send it to the depth of hell, CRAP IN ITS MOST PUREIST FORM.

DISCLAIMER:- I apologie to anyone if i offended anyone. everyone is entitled to his own opinion and like T.S.Elliot said, variety is the spice of life, but to be completely honest, those animes sucked!

Tags:
  2. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

Havn't seen all of those but I'm gonna have to disagree about the ones I have seen.. :) That said.. I don't think I've seen an anime that I think suck yet.. :p
    And keep im mind that i have a tape with the old Cyborg 009 that got dubbed in swedish in the 80s with 1 guy doing all the voices.. :p I think it's pretty cool actually. :p

3. Fullmetal Moderator

lol, i agree also.
    1st season was gay.
    2nd season pissed the shiet outta me. i definately wanted that anime to burn.
    though i watched the jap version of season 4....trust me, its hella better than the dubs (for some reason)

4. L33tninjaX New Member

Not to be rude or anything, but what do u have against yugioh? SD Gundam i can understand cuz it was crap (though had one good character). the others i dont know much about

5. kyubinaruto75 Level 99 Monk

the only ones i disagree on is hellsing and love hina. love hina is funny as shit... well the manga is better than the anime due to how the quality of the anime was . and i never saw hellsing but ill give it the benefit of the doubt

6. ChibiHannes the 8bitPrince

I really agree on Love hina, that is crap!!! I hate it! (but still I have a big Love Hina poster on my wall, and are a part of a swedish Love Hina Fandub >_<.. but trust me, I hate love hina)

Pokemon & Digimon are lousy too, but they are still nice to watch (swedish dub!) I get up early every saturday & sunday to watch those shows... because I like to watch them... they give me a nice feeling.. (like James in Team Rocket, he is just so sexy, I was in love with him when I was 14-15... O_o)
    The swedish digimondub is just funny to watch.. the jokes are really bad, are they that bad in english/japanese too?? O_o but i like bad jokes >_<

I watch Yu-Gi-Oh too, it's just boring >_< I watch it anyway.. I like the style... maybe.. well, I have to like something about it, otherwise I wouldn't watch it O_o

Talk of that genre, beyblade is really crap too... but it's nice to watch. Ray is so cosy. I am strange. I like to watch those animes but I don't like the animes O_o

And Vaelen-san, thanks for reminding me about cyborg 009 swedish dub...
    I have to get it, I want to see it so badly... I'm in love with old swedish dubs with wrong grammar and stuff!

I also think that NGE is crap (sorry, I know I may be the only one who hates it, but I hate mecca and robots!! but Shinji/Kauro was nice >_<) well, as long as it lasted) and also Scryed (sorry again, I know a lot of you likes this too! the speed guy was funny thought, when he forgot everybody's names...)

But the worst of all has to be Legend of Crystania!! Beyblade is hundred times better than that!

7. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

:) dont worry about being rude, im open to any critisim as long as its backed up.
    I never liked yu-gioh becasue:-
    1)character desgins are horrible.
    2)characters are compleltey blank, I could never find myself interested in them, let alot like them
    3)story:- so lame. I alwys felt like blowing my head when ever i saw it
    4)Time:- it just took so long! the card battle took too much time, things that couldve been done in 2-3 episodes ended up taking 5-10. which totally killed any chance of me liking it.

now everyone plz post your picks, im realy interested in seeing your opinions, plus i want to avoid watching a bad anime series :D

I first read the Hellsing manag it was beautiful, i was (and still am) in love with it. the story was brilliant and the characters were amazing. so as expected when I found out theres an anime was extremely excited.
    Enter the bad part, the anime sucked. My hopes were so high that when i saw the anime everything crashed to the ground. I know alot ofppl will (and they have every right to) agrue that hellsing was great and I do agree ith them, but there was so much room for improvment ( i mean seeing alcuard in action is the coolest thing on the planet, trust me) but like I said i had such high expectations that I ws left extremly dissappointed by the anime, which is why its no.9 on my list

EDIT:- sry for the double post :eek:

8. Momochi Zabuza (inactive) Water Daemon

1. Love Hina Again -- this has to be THE worst anime I've ever seen. I like Love Hina somewhat, and I love the manga, but LHA made me want to hit myself in the head repeatedly.
    2. Yugioh -- it's the same thing every episode. Yugi gets his ass whooped, his friends yank him off, and he can perform again.
    3. Pokemon -- see: Yugioh.
    4. Inu Yasha -- it's the same thing every episode. Daemon fodder #15647 comes up, IY has trouble defeating him, Kagome yells out his name and he yells out hers for ten minutes, then it skips to the next episode and repeats.
    5. Witch Hunter Robin -- Here, allow me to dictate to you the average episode. Robin: "OMG LOLZ AMON UR HOT" Amon: "LOL ROBIN UR TEN YEARS YUNGER THAN ME BUT I STILL WANT U" Robin: "BUT IM A WITCH LOL WTF" End scene.
    I don't have 10...only five. Heh.

9. Vaelen Lazyness Incarnate

You really should try to find it.. :p It's hilarious. :p

10. dspr8_rugged RX-0 Unicorn Gundam

Here are my personal Beyond Crap Animes of All Time (in no particular order - sorry, I can only mention a few...)

Disclaimer: Please respect my opinion as much as I respected everyone else's. ;)

Final Fantasy Unlimited - Final Fantasy elements - yes. Graphics - yes. But story and concept - no!

Love Hina - I admit, I loved the manga of this series, but I was terribly disappointed with the anime version. Aside from the standard deviation from the manga storyline, the animation style was crap - the Hina girls looked fatter than in their manga counterparts, and the addition of fantasy elements (like magic) doesn't help its poor state. What the heck did they do with Mutsumi?!

Yu-Gi-Oh!, Beyblade and other hobby/toy anime - Well, maybe I'm a bit old to play with toys and cards, but seriously, I hate the fact that these games are forced to have a storyline that makes the protagonist win ALL THE TIME!

Inu-Yasha - What's so great about this series? I mean, the objective is pretty straightforward (collect all the Shikon jewel shards), the character development is quite poor and they say that the artist is quite famous (I forgot her name, but I liked her Ranma 1/2 better...), and the battle sequences totally suck. I was watching a few episodes and I dozed off midway.

Dragonball GT - I have to agree with moe in his argument. I loved DB, I loved DBZ (except the Majin Buu arc), but this one is totally crap.

Neon Genesis Evangelion / End of Evangelion - (Sorry to the fans, but anyway...) I liked the first few episodes since I thought it was a mecha anime (though Evas themselves are not mechas to begin with...). When I reached some parts of the story that gave a lot of philosophy, I got confused, especially in the End of Eva. I was also quite disappointed in the action scenes (though I like the one between EVA-02 and the Eva Series). Eventually, I believed the NGE was all a hype. I watch anime to enjoy myself, not to get depressed.

That's all. Good day and peace out! ;)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  11. eternally Member #623

Pretty much everything that's been dubbed and shown on KidsWB...That includes Pokemon..Yu-gi-h...and *wince* Beyblade...

and Sister Princess Repure *gags* It makes i*c*st seem so innocent to poor little kids...

12. Hatake_Magus omg so h0t

I sincerly disagree with you on your views of Love Hina and Hellsing.

13. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I respect your opinion, but just back it up please :). Oh and on Hellsing what did you do first, watched the anime or read the manga?

14. ahheng21 Singapore's SpamKing

defintely pokemon for me. i hate P.O.T too. it's too ridiculus. (i'm a tennis player)

15. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I heard alot of good reviews on p.o.t, ive only seen 3 episodes, what didt you liek about it ahheng21?

16. Arilou Viking Ninja

You are SO Dead :D

WH:R is one of the best anim?s out there. Sure, the characters aren't the most deep and it's pacing isn't for those who do not enjoy more serious stuff but it *is* one of the best-looking series I've seen (especially the character designs) The story is also pretty good (if not exceptional) and it has a great mood and good music.

Now, anim? series that I hated:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion: It was so... Pretentious. Not good at all.

Pokemon, Digimon and all the rest of the kid's crap.

17. DiemondDagger Space Cowboy

*Sorry, but this really irks me and a lot of people tend to do it on this forum. Anime is already plural. It can be both a singular and plural word. And especially when a "What's Crappiest" or "Worst" thread and the title has animes in it. It doesn't really show that you know a lot about anime. It could be a typo, and I'm not making fun I'm just letting everyone know. Especially when making a thread about the worst anime "of all time" thread, and only using really well known anime.

1. Kimera: This was by far one of the most horrible movies I have ever purchased. I bought it under the pretext of an easy 5.99 anime movie collection spree. And it ended up being a waste of 5.99. It not only has a very unusual cast of characters but the voice acting is just horrible.

2. Excel Saga: I really didn't find a lot of humor in the show. Well I found the humor, I just didn't like it or get it completly. This show is definitly one of those, you either hate or love.

3. Digi Charat: Let's just say I have five CD's of episodes that a friend sent me. That I've never even attempted to watch after only seeing a single episode. Maybe I should give it a shot, but I just can't chance being disappointed.

4. Beyblade: Now this show I have to agree with, with...well everyone. It really is bad. And I know it's target audience is set for younger generations, I just don't care at all, the horrible battle scenes just don't make sense. HOW DO THEY CONTROL THE BEYBLADE?! Where exactly is the skill!? They pull a chord and the damn thing spins around. The games and god damn toys just baffle me too. You'd think kids would figure out that by pulling on a chord and letting a spin-top spin, (Because it only really is a spin-top, just fancier looking with more bright crap on it.) into another spin-top there really isn't skill!

5. Sailormoon (DUB) I don't want to hear the bitching and complaining about this choice. I know this is an opinion thread, and all of these are opinions, and I do infact enjoy Sailormoon, when it is subtitled. (HA! Made a funny there!) But if you listened to the god damn english dubbed version played in North America, and liked it. You're either deaf or stupid. Serina's voice had to be probably the most horrible voice acting I have ever heard. I would have enjoyed hearing William Shatner do her voice more than the hack that did Serina's voice. Period.

6. Legend Of Crystannia: I really couldn't get into this series. I only put it here because it was a big let down for me. The animation was amazing, but the story was almost to complex for the show to actually catch my attention. Some show's you can jump into the middle, of even in a really strange scenario with a strange concept etc. But Crystannia, even if you get the first ep, I guarantee you'll scratch your head and wonder what's going on still.

7. Power Stone: I just...bah. Power Stone was a show that could have been good, if they didn't dumb it down so bad. It was slow going even for my five year old cousin at the time. He enjoyed the action, but the story just went horribly slow. And, even when the story hit high points, it didn't hit very high.

8. Tamagotchi: I know this isn't technically anime. But...it has to be on some kind of shitlist. I hate you Tamagotchi. I love Japan, but I blame them for this dreadful device.

9. Noir: I had high expectations of this going into the series. But it let me down. I was expecting more of a kickass duo team up with the two leading ladies. I just didn't get what I wanted. :(

10. 90% Of Shows Played on FoxKids: The Fox network seemingly has a way with choosing the most unheard of anime shows from the 80's in Japan, dubbing them with the same voice actors, and then marketing them. Get new actors. If I here one more show with the voice actor who did Tai from Digimon on it. I will cry. He was good for Digimon, but jesus. Sweet jesus, pay someone else, or atleast get him to...ACT with a different voice! PLEASE!

And those are my choices. Bow down to choices 5, 8, and 10.

18. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

lol it was atypo actually :D. and the point of th thread was the anime that was (and unfortunatly) still is popular.

I completely agree with you on Noir, it was an unbelieveable let down to me too. and I wish somone will destory Foxkids

19. DiemondDagger Space Cowboy

haha! I know! The first episode of Noir was intriguing with the watch and everything, but I nearly cried when it didn't take off as I expected it should. It was a shame, it had a lot of potential, and could have been great.

I also forgot to mention I dislike most yaoi shows. I mean. Just. Ew. I support gay people, but I didn't need to see it in anime form as well as on the street corner. I mean one or two shows are good, but when they make a large amount of different series with the same concept (whiny boy falls for older 'cooler' boy) that's just wrong. Either stop writing about gay people, or make a better storyline. I'm not prejudice but it seemed like that whole yaoi era was really more of a trend and a money getter than an actual attempt at real shows.

20. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

21. oka ooohhhhh

I agree with those who choose YU-gi-oh. I first watched Yu-gi-oh in London dubbed. Gosh it is so horrible (I dunno the source of the dubbed, US or UK) and it does't help that a single battle was dragged so long. A show which is on par with DBZ... so draggie.

Talking about english dubbed anime, you guys should watch POT dubbed in s'pore. Gosh I really feel like strangling the dubbing company owners, directors, voice actors.. all those involved. It is so horrible. Firstly I don't understand 70% of what they saying. Secondly, speaking with an american accent when they are not even american.( no offense to american here but u should listen to those fake accent.) Thirdly, Oishi keep saying 'dude, hey dude..' like those street kids. My, and he is suppose to be the 'mother' of the club. Luckily the action is great and there aref ansubs. If not this will be on my crappiest list.

22. Nakor Active Member

Prince of Tennis is very ridiculus when it comes to the shots they hit. its not even close to how tennis is. but still i like it. i've watched all the subbed episodes so far and im waiting for more to get subbed. though i will say this, i like the episodes where they don't play tennis more than the episodes when they do. oh, and im a tennis player too.

23. Stoic Fallen Angel

I can totally relate to that. The One Piece that is dubbed makes me vomit bees. I don't have a distinct top 10 list. But I intensely dislike those anime that is advertising-themed. Like Beyblades and Pro-Yo and CrashGear or whatnot. Usually when an anime is popular, they get their own merchandise. But when a developer makes an anime as a medium to market their toys and products, it makes me retch and cry and retch and cry again.

24. Lee_Owns_All Ninja Pirate

1. Anything on Fox, such as pokemon, Digimon Etc.
    2. Any DBZ, hate this series, just boring and stupid plot and characters
    3. Excel Saga, so random I Cant stand it.
    4. Really old gundadm stuff, boring and slow.
    5. His and hers, really annoying, too much thinking going on by the characters. Do all girls think like that?

25. SabakuKyuu Member

I'm gonna disagree on that one, unless you just don't like random things happening; Excel Saga is about the randomness of everyday life :D

26. role_model Ninja Chipmonk

2 sailor moon dub
    3 speed racer
    those are the best that I can think of

27. sperry New Member

In my list, I'm not counting all the anime which I've watched one or two episodes and decided I didn't really like. This list is only the anime I've watched enough of to actually give a fair critique. And so, I only have two:

1. DBZ. I shouldn't even have to explain this one. Here's a basic rundown of a DBZ arc:

-New villain shows up, beats the crap out of everyone
    -They scream and scream to get stronger, while the villain waits for them to do so
    -The villain and now stronger guys fight
    -The above mentioned people stare at each other while panting for a couple dozen episodes
    -Goku and another random Z fighter die
    -They fight some more, villain is defeated
    -The remaining characters use the dragonballs to find a loophole in the plot and revive Goku for the hundredth time
    -Repeat

The sad thing is, this could be used for almost every single DBZ arc, if you stretch it a bit... the same thing keeps happening over and over and over...

2. Samurai Deeper Kyo- This piece of crap had so much potential and just didn't deliver. the story sucks, with 10 different plots going on at once, so that it just becomes a jumbled mess. They introduce a new character every other episode, so that by the end of the series it's had more characters than most 100+ episode series. Plots are dropped and picked up like a kid going through his halloween candy. And let's not forget that 90% of the fights in the series are just a big bunch of stills. This series is just utter shit, with it's only redeeming quality being it's amazing opening theme.

28. Code Zoamelgustar

sperry in the thing with DBZ, you basically gave a rundown of 90% of shounen series out there, and aside from that a lot of those things only happened once or didn't happen at all.

About the original poster, why did you say tenjou tenge? You didn't even say why? I assume you didn't actually give it a chance, just assumed what it was by the first so and so episodes.

Crap anime:
    1. Evangelion - First off I'll say I only watched very few episodes... like 2... But yeah it was boring and found the whole thing pointless and teh characters were very hateable...

I tend to stay away from anime that are crap so i don't have much on my list.. i'm sure there are others...

Oh and I still don't really see a valid reason why called Hellsing one of the top 10 crap animes(out of all the ons out there like hamtaro and hello kitty...) and you still didn't give a reason why it's bad aside from that 'the manga's better'... well 99% of the time the manga is better.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  29. sperry New Member

Alright, so I exaggerated a bit. And yes, it does happen in other series, but not to the extent of DBZ, at least not in my view. Goku's died, what, 3 times now? -_- And it's the only series I can think of where the scream for 3 or 4 episodes to get more powerful, or stand there staring at the bad guy for another 5 before doing anything. My post may not have been entirely accurate, but it's still a pretty bad series.

30. Code Zoamelgustar

They never screamed for 3 or 4 episodes and never to get more poweful and the other guy doesn't stand there... for example the ell one, trunks attacked while he was doing that. IN the spirit bomb, Freiza attacked.I have a feeling you haven't really watched most of it.. and you used the term 'series'. Do you mean all the dragonball series? In Dragonball that never ever happened. Or if you mean both anime and manga. This is anime only. THe anime ahd to lengthen things, things that would be 1 panel in the manga could be 1/3 of an episode in the anime.