1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Brand

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of January 08' started by Pintsize, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Pintsize

I thought of this in the SK=Gutts thread: does the brand stop aging? Aren't they already "dead" according to fate and human karma?

Tags:
  2. Yamato-takeru

Uh... I'm not sure but I think he's still alive. And when he dies, he's going directly to hell... or something.

3. Aokiji

Gutts and the Skull Knight are living divided through zeroes. :awesome They contradict absolute fact.

4. Sasori

Nice thread, and nice idea.

I don't know how to respond to this really...has their been any signs of aging since the first eclipse?

5. Wobbly

Well, first... how much time has passed since the brand was placed on them?

I'm sadly still only on volume 24.

6. Sasori

^ Read on and get up to date plzkthanxbai

Seriously I don't want to spoil you lol xD

Um...now that I think of it, it might just be only 1 yr...?

7. Lord Genome

Him nor caska really havent shown any aging, though it hasnt been that long.

Only thing I could think of is the white hair, but thats unlikely caused by age.

8. Wobbly

I'm afraid to read too quickly, as I'm told that Miura is taking his time with releases.

Then we'll likely won't know the definitive answer to that until the series prologue, IMO.

9. Sasori

Just read it man. Seriously. It would help with Berserk threads in the OBD too.

10. 'REDHAIRED' SHANKS

well, what ever advantage Gutts gained(aging wise) due to the Brand has been more than compensated for by the armor :(

But I dont think the brand stops anyone from aging ..... but then again, only Caska and Gutts must have survived the brand for so long ...

11. Kuroro

If I remember right, the Brand traps an individual in a state between the land of the living and the land of the dead. It acts as a beacon for evil until the sacrifice is secured. It hasn't been mentioned that the Brand stops aging, but the Brand does disturb things such as an individual's Od.

According to Owen, Guts appearance has changed durastically. Unless people would be very familiar with people like Casca and Guts, it appears people would have a hard time recognizing Guts as he is today from the campaigns he fought during his time in the Band of the Hawk. While it may not be entirely noticeable to the readers that Guts's age and appearance has changed, it appears it's something to note in an in-universe perspective. Still, I don't think the Brand is responsible for such an event, simply the events Guts has been through which has resulted in various changes to his body.