1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

The Byakugan's Abilities Besides Vision

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Ultrafragor, Jan 12, 2018 at 8:07 PM.

1. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

1. Juken is, for the byakugan, what genjutsu is for the sharingan.

A) most obvious, the byakugan can see the tenketsu and, so, they can be targeted for attack. Moves that target the tenketsu, therefore, are kkg. Uchiha can use genjutsu without their eyes, but illusions made with the sharingan are classified as kkg. For both, the eye doesn't give them the ability, they have to learn it on their own, but moves used in conjunction with the eye are credited to it​

B) "juken chakra" mentioned in the databook, this is the chakra air palm is composed of. More than just this move uses chakra that isn't visible. Full Body Blow has no visible chakra and the chakra from Kaiten isn't visible except for the very edge, which can still be partially seen through since the person in the Kaiten is always visible.​

It appears that the chakra used for juken is so thinly composed that it isn't visible. It's not like normal jutsu flow into a person's chakra system when they're hit. Since this chakra is not plainly visible, you need to be able to see chakra to work with it. The perk is that the sharingan seemingly cannot detect chakra with low density. Attacks can be launched without the target being able to read or interpret them.​

Attacks that use this chakra would then be considered kkg as well.​

C) the similarity between air palm and 80 gods vacuum attack is significant given that the Hyuuga clan didn't have any members with Byakugan for many generations before it first appeared. A similar jutsu seems like them just following Kaguya's lead on what they can use their eyes for, but they wouldn't have anything except stories about her.​

The same kind of jutsu appearing in two distinct populations indicates a link. That link would be the byakugan. This indicates a closer tie between byakugan and the jutsu used with it than what would be concluded from only the hyuuga developing these kinds of techniques.​

For that matter, there's also the wave of chakra used by Momokinshiki just after fusing and the blast of chakra Kaguya used in the volcano dimension to blow Sasuke back. Just like with air palm and 80 gods, it's a much stronger version of a technique the hyuuga use as part of juken.​

2) byakugan increases the user's aim, by a large amount. Two easy examples, Hinata aiming Ino's jutsu at Obito while so far away neither Obito or Madara took notice, and also Kaguya managing to hit the tenketsu on a moving animal from yards away. That's throwing a needle through the eye of another needle that is moving.

A good general purpose skill.

3) improves chakra control, greatly

A) there's the soushiken that is said to require chakra control so delicate that it can only be made using the byakugan​

B) Kaguya's vacuum fists. They are extremely well made and she makes them through sheer chakra control.​

Naruto and other jinchuriki can make chakra limbs by molding bijuu cloaks, but their limbs look kind of crappy. Obito also made chakra limbs while the juubi jinc, but they were the same quality as KCM Naruto's.​

Naruto can make better limbs by using his bijuu mode, but that doesn't exactly count since those limbs will always just be shaped like kurama's arm. Naruto isn't holding them in that shape.​

Kaguya can make bijuu-mode grade chakra limbs without aid and she does so thanks to her byakugan. She didn't need to turn her byakugan on to attack Naruto who was right in front of her, but when she uses 80 Gods again later, her byakugan isn't on and the fists come out looking like clumps of chakra.​

tldr; the byakugan has jutsu tied to it just like SG/RG, Kishi just didn't make that apparent until the very, very end of the story

Separately, there's something I noticed is not an ability of the hyuuga or byakugan. Which is expelling chakra from all tenketsu.

Full Body Blow is the basis for Kaiten, but was not classified as kkg in the databook. Meanwhile, air palm was.

There's a bunch of jutsu that make more sense if the user is using every tenketsu on their body. Like raiton armor and chidori stream. However, Susano'o also seems to be a jutsu that uses all tenketsu.

When Kaguya blocked two tenketsu in Sasuke's arm, he just dropped like a rock into the lava instead of using Susano'o to fly. He even said he needed to use Susano'o just before getting those tenketsu blocked.

That's one clue. The second is that Susano'o users will mimic the movements of their Susano'o. When Madara blocked Tobirama's water needles, he put up the back of his hand and the back of Susano'o's hand appeared. When Sasuke wanted to block Kaguya's hair needles, he put his palm up and Susano'o's palm appeared. When Sasuke tried to grab Kabuto with Susano'o's arm, he reached out his own arm as if he himself was reaching for something.

The implication if that being true is that, to use a legged Susano'o, the user probably needs to learn how to activate the tenketsu in their legs and incorporate it into the technique.

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. Oz Green days are not gone

3. Professor83 Wondering through the motions of my empty life

Also let's you survive from a jubbidama :datass

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

If we go through our thread submission history,

I think we'll find your roots lie with me

:juubishade

6. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

How Sway? I've been here since '09. Been doing this longer than you.:cat

Must be thinking about Narutobase or Onemanga.:catwalk

7. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

As far as I could see, there weren't any dojutsu threads really active when I showed up here.

Out of all the dojutsu threads that have been posted since I've started coming here, my thread about inconsistencies with the dojutsu was the first of this bunch.
    Were you even on OM?

The way you trollpost reminds me of the posters from the old OM that were lost in the Great Extinction. So long ago

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  8. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

That's because the great dojutsu wars done came and went.:catshrug This is nothing compared to how it was just ask @Klue .:cat

We had joy we had fun we had seasons in the sun:catprone

I was.:catskully

Still keep in touch with my homie Yoshimo Izoto.:catwalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Haruka Katana Shitposting... dont mind me

:mahoucat

@Blu-ray

10. Indra I can't stop eating

11. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

I couldn't have played in those wars anyway.

Kishi didn't give me shit to argue with until after the manga ended.

I also only started going on forums a couple months before the OM extinction event.

I only got to see the light as the door was closing:catsad

12. Blu-ray Moderator Moderator

Such great times those were. Glad the dojutsu wars are making a comeback.:catwalk

>sauce still hasn't swapped someone's brain with dirt.:gglife

13. pat pat Well-Known Member

He will swap boruto’s dick with a manlier one
    Hence why he is mature and badass in the flash forward

14. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

what comeback? Borushit Jogan? If it ain't Uchiha, it ain't right.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

16. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

The golden days eh

Boruto fans thinking the series has relevance :mjlol

17. Klue Youth Losing

We're like the older gen telling the new cats that their music is shit. :catskully

Our best times are behind us now.

:gglife

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  18. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

I'mma turn 30 this March. Fuck I'm ancient.

19. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Y'all old asses out here fappin to sharingan and ganging up on people like

Ain't that just like an Uchiha :wow

20. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

@Klue is the big homie:catwalk

21. Trolling Well-Known Member

@Shadow050 had some really good Hyuga threads. He has links to them as his signature.

22. Klue Youth Losing

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  23. Riddley Member

You're one handsome Yank though Ganta. Subbed to your channel in '013 till youtube shut it down. I'd swap that jawline for insta-aging anytime. No homo.

24. Klue Youth Losing

You can't call a ninja a "handsome Yang" then "No homo."

I ain't buyin' that shit.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  25. Riddley Member

26. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

And Tommy is still a power ranger

27. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Why yall hate a ninja?

28. Trolling Well-Known Member

I honestly think Kishi is going to do something major with the Hyuga or at the very least the Byakugan. Here's why: the Hyuga has a branch family to protect the Byakugan. This practice originated with Ootosuki clan, meaning the Byakugan is likely very powerful. So why do we not see any Madara's of the Hyuga? Remember what Hiashi said "Not everyone can master the byakugan"

29. BlinkST Out of your Rinne League :catwalk

So I guess the Sharingan ain’t shit because the Uchiha clan never developed any branch family bs:lbj it sure didn’t stop Ao from getting a Byakugan.:catshrug

We did see all the Byakugan had to offer. The dude was so good that while normally the Byakugan can see the inner coils system, he was able to see the 64(?) tenketsu. Yo @Klue remember that scrub Neji? From rookie of the year to Jonin to not mentioned at all:skully

Went out with some hard wood in his fucking back trying to do his best Fire Fist Ace impression:cat

Just a typical Friday night for Neji:catwalk

30. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

The cadet system is used by families with old bloodlines. The Hyuuga repurposed this system by making the cadet branches subservient to the main branch.

Since the Otsutsuki on the moon do this too, the Otsutsuki in Kaguya's home dimension probably also do this.

Also, a branch system in the original Otsutsuki clan would explain why Kaguya has so many more powers than Kinshiki, Momoshiki, or this Urashiki that's gonna show up.

All we need to follow up on is why the princess of the Otsutsuki had to leave her home. If she left, wouldn't that mean the Otsutsuki that came with her were the main branch? Why would they leave, how did they leave, and why were they scared someone would follow them?

Look forward to this being shittily illustrated by Ike