1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by ira7, Nov 29, 2005.

1. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

Since we can discuss whatever topic we like here,(not to mention im dead bored), i would really love to talk about this controversial novel, tha Da Vince code. For all of you who have read it, please add some comments about it and what you think of it.

Tags:
  2. narutorulez Active Member

i havent actaully read this book.is it good? i have heard good things about it

3. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

yeah, it's brilliant. You must read it. Once you started it, you'll find it hard to stop. It's addicting, hehe. And there are these shocking facts(or rather theories) there that you surely have never thought or heard before.

4. Blackvoice They're all pink on the inside

i would not say brilliant... well wait for those who have not really heard of the different theorys i guess you can say that. but the basic concept is the age old story of how the catholic church has hidden the true meanings or christ to protect thier ass.

5. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

Um, i just meant the 'story' was brilliant. But the controversial theories there were rather misleading.

6. C?k --------

i read it a while ago when it first came out, and i could not put it down. just the mere structure of the book had me hooked, the slices of different stories going at one tie was a very unqiue layout for such a book.

storyline was preety good although i must say the ending was fairly dissapointing lol

7. AssFace Member

True very good book. And it's probably true not the book necesarily but most churces customize god for thier own wellbeing.

8. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Guys...guys. There is a Konoha BOOKSTORE in the Konoha Mall...Check the link at the bottom of my sig. :sad

No wonder nobody posts there--nobody knows it exists! :faint

P.S. Someone please move this to the bookstore.

9. Lord Yu Active Member

I think there is a big topic there about it already

10. Luckey Wants his custom title.

Kingler is a liar! How can you trust a person like that!?

11. MrLiEN Member

hell no...the da vinci code is nothing compared to the previous book..thats right i'm talking about angels and demons..same author..go read it it owns the da vinchi codes ASS

12. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

Yeah, I've read the Angels and Demons and I think its pretty exaggerated though, and the plots are somehow predictable. The Da Vinci Code's story I think is better than that. I really feel sad that they're making a movie out of the book(the da vinci code), more people would have the wrong idea of the Church and Im sure many parts and details would be changed:S Hollywood:S

13. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I look forward to the movie, if only to see Leon playing The Bull. He's going to own so hard. XD

Btw, yes, I've read TDVC, and it was a page turn. High grade pulp to say the least, in that I couldn't put it down until I finished it.

14. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

People should visit the Konoha Bookstore.

I lurk there at least. :sad

15. k1nj3 Active Member

that book sucks.

16. Uchiha-Itachi648 God of the Moon

not as bad as your useless post...

but seriously, I thought the book was excellent(or rather audio book, as i'm too lazy to read, so i just listened to it on a CD :tem )

it was my first time hearing such theories, but I was hooked as soon as the muzeum thing happened, and that was in like the first 5 min :)

17. hesd Anomic.

There is an unstated bifurcation between facts and theories (or fictitious theories). It's a nice story though. Well written. But one must not treat Da Vinci Code as a history book stuffed with alternative accounts that were supposedly repressed by the Catholic Church.
    I've watched the National Geographic Special on DVC and in the end the investigators and scholars concluded that almost all claims contained therein were based from pseudo-historical documents.
    Readers beware.

18. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

I guess I agree with you. After I read it, I couldn't find any holes in the theories stated there. And they have strong points. I was so gullible I thought those were all true:S

19. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The book is pretty good...But Angels & Demons (written by the same author) is Infinitely superior.

20. Id The Demon of Elru

Hmm.....the books sounds intresting Ill take a look at it when I get a chance.

21. C?k --------

really?...i heard it wasnt a good. thats the sequal right i forgot? :sweatdrop

22. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Actually it was written before the Da Vinci code, but never did as well for some reason.

23. C?k --------

hmmm, i just looked at it, my sisters got it and its kinda like about what happned in the Vatican right? :huh

sounds kinda dull tho lol

24. ira7 obsessed w/ naruto, d story;)

Yeah, it might sound dull at first but once you read it, you'll never stop. :amuse

25. Stealth Tomato It has big taste.

The Da Vinci Code is a brilliant work of fiction, but I hate Dan Brown for trying to portray it and Angels & Demons as factual. They are full of doctored history and misstated fact. Angels & Demons actually contains a map of the Vatican that he uses as evidence multiple times; the map is heavily doctored.
    He has contributed far too much to the idiocy of the masses...

26. Dragonzair I'm with Maria Hill!

Ouch. You believed the facts stated there?

The problem was, the author made it seem real, and many people believed some of the 'facts' stated in that book.

That was the only problem I found with it. At least I knew that those 'facts' were just fiction XD

27. C?k --------

lol....well in the da vinci code some of the facts that did seem to be full proof, they are backed up by tonnes of evidence which if you researched up yourself you could find that its true.

28. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I liked the book. It's one of the few modern novels I have read (I mostly read really old text, because I've been brainwashed to do so :amuse). I have to say that the book was a tad overhyped since I read it after people kept yelling at me to read it as "the greatest book of our age". I did like the guy though. He was almost original and that's enough for me to pick up and read all the way through. As for the hype about how deep everything was, there wasn't anything that really surprised me in the book

29. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

It is a good book to read, but you shoud read Angels & Demons, before or right after you read it or you'll lack a feel for what is going on with the Da Vinci Code. Its still a good book to read and it seems Stewie from Family Guy read, it too.

30. C?k --------

lol yeh langdon was a very good character, i did enjoy his part in it all lol