1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Da Vinci Code

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by PATMAN, Nov 30, 2005.

1. PATMAN ASDganp90 sd(*)(* 0989()*)

If you have read the book, you'll know what i'm talking about. The movie should be coming out in march 2006(i believe). I honestly can't wait for it, i absolutly loved the book and all its historical and artistical information. 5 stars in my world.

pg 5

who's going to see it other then me?

Tags:
  2. martryn Dick in hand

The book was awful and overrated, with just skewed information presented as facts. The movie has Tom Hanks in it and will kick ass. I'll definately enjoy it.

3. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

^that made almost no sence, goodjob buddy.

4. Lord Yu Active Member

I wanna read the book. I wont check out the movie until I've read the book or at least some of it.

5. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i hear this book is awesome, i hope the movie doesn't stray from the book that much

6. masterdan Member

yes that made a lot of sense. Im sure the most contrivercial book released in years would have scewed facts that havent been completly exploated by the church and right wingers to remove all the legitimacy from the book. Yes thank you for that lame opinion, by the way nothing in that book was presented as facts. Everything was presented as interesting conversation and revalations that were made based on extensive research. Nothing was misrepresented and was rather clear to somebody who actually has read the book and not just flamed a topic about it on a forum. Its not overrated its one of my altime favorites, angels and demons would be in competition for first or second place in my mind and its the same author and similar theme.

7. martryn Dick in hand

Ok, dumbasses, I've read the book and enjoyed the first half of it. After that it seemed as if Brown didn't know how to end it. The ending was very predictable and unsatisfying. And Brown meant for everything in the book to be taken as fact, as he plainly said on television interviews. He believed in the Priory and what not. But the whole thing he based the book around was actually an elaborate hoax.

If you want to read a good book on a similar topic, read Eco's Foucault's Pendulum. That book is not only better written, it contains information that isn't completely false.

And I will enjoy the movie because Tom Hanks is in it. Hanks can't make a bad movie.

8. Lord Yu Active Member

I agree with the Hanks statement.

9. masterdan Member

oooh really, i actually (ironic) bought that the pendulum book earlier this week and havnt gotten into it yet. Good to know tho.

10. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

Want a reason why? The book was great because it included a ton of historical information to back up the theory of Dan Brown, which made it at least somewhat believeable, but it was also action packed and exciting at the same time. The problem is that, in order to fit it into a 2 hour movie (studies say that's about the maximum attention span of adults these days), they will have to cut out both a lot of the historical information as well as the action, thereby making it extremely watered down, and a shell of what the book was. If you don't believe me, watch 'National Treasure' sometime... it will be like that, too little information and too rushed. The fact that they cast Tom Hanks is even worse, since it will cater to his acting style and not the character that Dan Brown intended, thereby making it an even worse movie.

It will be like the Bourne Identity or the Bourne Supremacy: if you never read the book, it will be an ok movie to watch some Friday night... if you saw the movie, you will be very sorely disappointed.

P.S. I know this isn't the right section for this, but building off of the topic of the Da Vinci Code, if you enjoyed it and want another book like this, look into 'Decipher' by Stel Pavlou.

12. martryn Dick in hand

I'm not sure if I like what you wrote or not. Brown did a good job backing up what he wrote with lots of historical references, but he took some events and facts and left out the second half of those events or facts, not giving us the whole story.

The book is indeed interesting, but I would suggest reading up on it on Wikipedia to look at all the falsehoods Brown used. It will become readily apparent that he's quite insane if he actually believes what he does.
    And like I said, the ending becomes stupid and predictable. Anyone who didn't see that coming seriously needs to read more mystery books.

The movie, however, will have Tom Hanks. No one can deny his making movies better than they should be. And because it will be shorter, there is less of a chance that it'll get into depth with all the bullshit theories which made the book suck, but rather stick to a mystery story which will be predictable (more so since I read the book) but otherwise good.

As for Foucault's Pendulum, the book itself starts slower, but if you make it to the 3rd chapter then you'll see what the da Vinci Code was trying to be. It gives alot of the same type of information on the Templars and pagan believe in Christian groups, but Eco actually takes facts and events as they occured and conjectures in the book rather than make it seem as if the story he spins is supposed to be fact.

Hell, here's what Wikipedia has to say about it, for anyone who might be interested:

13. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

The Lady Killers i believe:p

14. Sakura Active Member

ya, the book is good and im sure the movie will rock even more. who does tom hanks play? anybody know? i saw these ads that the da vinci code movie is coming out next year at about mid-March.....cant wait!

15. PATMAN ASDganp90 sd(*)(* 0989()*)

Martryn, Even if some facts might be real or they might be false, it doesn't really matter. As long as you enjoyed the book, that's the least of your worries.

i can't wait for this movie.

16. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Tom Hanks is in it, thats good. I like him a lot, he did an amazing job, in Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story, Ladykillers and The Transit. I will probably see this as soon as it comes out.

17. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

Tom Hanks will not make a good Robert Langdon. Hes too wussy. I see a Harrison Ford character as Langdon. Not Tom Hanks. Hes a great actor but he just doesn't fit the part.

@everyone, read Angels & Demons aswell, its much better than Da Vinci Code and it is with Robert Langdon also.

18. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

the movie looks good with tom hanks as the lead. i'm going to watch it for sure.

19. martryn Dick in hand

Yep, the movie is sure to be a blockbuster. And like I said, I'll like it, despite the fact that the book is overrated and predictable.

20. Ruri always the hours

The Da Vinci Code was an enjoyable read, and I'm really looking forward to seeing the movie. Tom Hanks will probably play the role well, but he's not what I imagined Robert Langdon to be like, in terms of appearance. Still, he's a good actor, and his performance might convince me otherwise. =)

21. Potentialflip One Last Stand

Book= Overrated. The only thing I believe what made this book so interesting to people because of the controversy that it created with the Catholic Church. Other than that it is just an ordinary story. I do believe Martryn was right on with how the book ended. Disappointing and predictable.

Movie=Tom Hanks. I would say Russell Crowe who was considered could have been a better. In my opinion I do not see this being big in the box office. In the end I will most likely see it. For some reason I have a nagging feeling. That I would be eh about the film. Not so excited like I was with King Kong or Harry Potter.

22. Jordy Member

I haven't read the book, but I heard from many people it's totally awesome.

I've seen the films trailer, and it looks good so far, so I can't wait until it gets released.

23. anbutofu tofu no yaiba

hrmm havent read either angels and demons or the davinci code, i do plan to read them, but im wondering, should i read them in order? or are they 2 independant stories?

24. TenshiOni Active Member

You don't have to read them in order, but Angels and Demons came first and the main character is the same in both.

25. sarrah Member

is that right? hmmm the rest of his books..i.e. digital frotress and the one with an ice block on the cover ( forgets names easily) are totally dif stories!...i absolutely loved digital fortree..i read that b4 Da vinci code...im reading it now up to chapt 53...so many conspiricies..lol..obviously there are some fictous links..but the bulk is pretty amazing stuff...i love that about dan brown...definately researches on what he's gona write!!!

i cant wait to read all his books!

26. Sawako

I enjoyed the book, so I'll probably check out the movie too.

27. ichinii30 Member

i liked the book and everything, but not how it ended. I'm probably going to see the movie though

28. Scared Link _

I'm so watching this movie. It was one of the best books I read.

29. MegamanXZero Member Of Akatsuki

I read the book and I really liked it (I hardly ever read books), it was really tense. I think I'm gonna watch the movie.

30. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

It looks good...But they should also make an Angels and Demons movie, as it was much better then the Da Vinci Code.