1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

The Definitive General NBD Consensus of Itachi (Healthy) (This is the correct one<)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by okeechobee101, Jun 13, 2019.

What tier is Itachi in?

1. Low Kage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Low-Mid Kage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Low-High Kage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Mid-Low Kage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Mid Kage

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Mid-High Kage

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. High-Low Kage

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  8. High-Mid Kage

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  9. High Kage

27 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. okeechobee101

Obviously alive Itachi. But he isn't sick. What tier would you place him in and who is the strongest person he could defeat? I added a lot of options in the poll because im extra and wanted to see the slight differences

Tags:
  2. okeechobee101

for some reason I accidentally posted my unedited one lmao< This is the right one

3. Android

The strongest I can see him beat is SM Kabuto w/o Edo Tensei.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  4. Light D Lamperouge

He is High kage level

5. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

High Kage level

Hes got reactions equal to if not greater than early development EMS Sasuke even when he himself is weakened by being an Edo, hes got top tier defense in the form of Susanoo, susanoo can essentially oneshot anyone it stabs, hes got top tier mid ranged one shot Ninjutsu with Amaterasu thats almost as fast as the Raikages top speed by feats, hes got OHKO durability/regen ignoring Tsukuyomi that requires nothing but eye contact that hes landed on LITERALLY everyone hes ever fought, hes got top tier feint game with clones thats hoodwinked Sages and Rinnegan Shared Vision, hes deceptively physically strong as he was able to block a punch from a Sage, fast enough to give Hebi Sasuke some serious issues despite teh fact he could react to Killer Bee in his V1 state, his Jutsu speed is so fast it blitzes 3T Sharingan users and hes got great Shurikenjutsu and Katon/Suiton usage

High Kage, a tier above any Sannin in Mid as theres objectively nothing they can do to like half his arsenal

Also hes apparently a "genius" or something?

I mean 99.99% of all characters in Naruto are, at best, functional morons on a good day tho...So I dont know how much thats valued to people

Intellect serves genuinely no purpose to me when discussing Naruto v Naruto bouts, but Itachis got some devent portrayal in it at least

So theres that

6. okeechobee101

7. MaruUchiha

Flag:
    United States
    Middle of High Kage Tier, and strongest he beats is adult Sasuke

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    • Lewd Lewd x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. X III

Idk, but Kishimoto apparently values it. He'll literally nerf people into not understanding how gravity works in order to make Itachi shine. It's a factor, imo.

9. ThirdRidoku

With the combined hax of the unblockable, unabsorable, nearly unavoidable, OHKOing Totsuka, the mind control and knockout hax of Kotoamatsukami/ Tsykuyomi, the unorthodox finger genjutsu, the extremely fast and potent amaterasu, the 360 degree automated and absolute defense of Yata, the stupid fast handseal speed , the crazy OP Shadow Clone Body Replacement technique, and an intellect and innate wisdom respected by GOS "Professor" Hiruzen and SM Kabuto and many others, the talent and experience required to shut down the rinnegan Shared Vision with mere kunai, he is nothing short of High Kage tier.

fixed that for ya

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. X III

You and @Sage light gotta gang up on the Itachi downplayers and shatter them with sagely facts and logic. :blinditachi

11. MaruUchiha

Flag:
    United States
    Refresh my memory, how does Itachi beat Rinnegan Sasuke again? I need that wisdom

12. X III

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. ThirdRidoku

I'm glad you asked. Since this thread has the title of "definitive" nbd consensus, allow me to establish the consensus:

Itachi wins because he has three things that Sasuke cannot answer. YM, Shadow Clone Body Replacement, Totsuka. For one, Sasuke never saw the Totsuka Blade in action because he was temporarily unconscious while Itachi sealed away Oro. He doesn't have knowledge on a sword that's fast enough to blitz Nagato and Oro without them being able to mentally react. He also doesn't know that it can't be absorbed by his rinnegan or blocked by his Susano'o given it's intangibility and the fact that it is liquid sake and a variant of the Kusanagi sword. Sasuke's superior strength/firepower has absolutely no meaning in front of the Yata Mirror. How do you fight against something you can't destroy? and last but not least, Itachi's ability to substitute with shadow clones without a trace has never failed in the manga. He has caught sharingan ( both 3 tomoe AND EMS) users with it as well as Perfect sages. Sasuke would chidori an exploding clone and that would lead to his end. Can't defend against something you can't see coming.

Itachi's hand seal speed has never failed. He weaves so fast that at minimum, the 3 tomoe sharingan can't see it. With that, he can compete with Sasuke's superior movement speed in being able to put together clever attack combinations, which are amped by the speed of His Susano'o as well. Itachi is also a genius that Sasuke has yet to catch up to. Itachi was already a prodigy at a younger age than Sauske ever was, and his rate of progression knew no limits, he was already bossing around Kakashi as an anbu captain despite only being age 13, which is the first thing Kakashi brought up to hype Itachi up. Sasuke hasn't caught up to Itachi's talent and combat IQ. And even if we gave him ten more years, he still cannot gain experience against things that were EXCLUSIVE to Itachi, like, cough cough, YM and Totsuka Blade.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Kage Kage x 2
    • List
  14. Cherry

Catdank Faction:

Somebody meme this

Please

15. MaruUchiha

Flag:
    United States
    Thanks man, already edited my answer

16. WorldsStrongest

Flag:
    Canada

:relax

17. Bonly

Flag:
    Egypt

I’d say towards the top of high Kage lvl

18. Sufex

Flag:
    England
    Shine my brother, its time we had Itachi back fans in this board

:bury

On topic high kage solid with a chance to take out virtually anyone with his hax, speed which i feel is understated and intelligence which often gets ignored.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  19. Sufex

Flag:
    England
    Btw the reason solo king became a meme is because itahi is extraordinarily powerful, its not wank if kishimoto wanks him too

>fights against top tiers like sm kabuto, nagato
    >portrayed as equal/superior to ems sasuke
    >lands feints/genjutsu on literally all his oponents
    >has the kit to 1 shot 90% of the verse
    >never lost a fight

Kishi is the biggest Itachi wanker of all
    :blinditachi

20. Santoryu

:kfam

sage light would approve

21. Zembie

Absolutely based and Itachi-pilled. Finally someone that sees just how strong Itachi really is. :blinditachi

22. AxelKross

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  23. Edogawa

Mid Kage tier - same level as Jiraiya, Kisame, Kakuzu etc.

24. Cad Bane

He's High Kage. The strongest that he can defeat is MS Obito since Itachi has the perfect counter to Kamui in Amaterasu and Izanami. Izanagi is also countered by Itachi. I also give him a chance against Nagato/Pain because unless someone points something out I don't think Nagato has any real counter to the Totsuka Blade and I am also unsure if he has the speed/reaction feats to dodge it as it has been shown to be extremely fast. I guess you could argue Nagato could push the strike away with Shinra Tensei but that has a 5 second cooldown and it's not like Itachi can't just attack him again during that cooldown. There's also the fact that Itachi was the MVP in the fight against Nagato and outperformed Naruto and B. Though don't get the wrong idea, I definitely acknowledge that Nagato may defeat Itachi.

Weakest he loses to is KCM Naruto. He's fast enough to dodge Amaterasu (or glob it off with Chakra Cloak if he gets hit) and the Totsuka Blade. He can also avoid Itachi's visual Genjutsu by fighting blind and using KCM emotion and/or Sage Mode sensing to fight him that way. Additionally, Yata Mirror is also countered by Naruto attacking him from multiple directions as Rasenshuriken may be able to bust the Susanoo, and if he can't bust it, he can outlast it.

25. ThirdRidoku

Shinra Tensei can block the Totsuka Blade.

But there are two other problems:

One, As shown in the canon, Nagato cannot mentally react to Totsuka's speed.

Two, even if he was able to react and use Shinra Tensei, the Yata mirror would block it and then Itachi would just swing this sword again.

:hestonpls

KCM Naruto loses to Finger Genjutsu + Tsykuyomi 365 days a year. Naruto doesn't fight blind. He looked Itachi right in the eyes when they sparred in the canon. Yata mirror has also shown the ability to increase in size and shape in response to attacks. It expanded vertically and laterally, and even behind Susnao'o, so yeah no KCM Naruto can attack from multiple directions all he wants his attack isn't getting through Yata.

That's exactly it. Sick and dying Itachi was strong enough to be declared invincible by Kaguya's coach and will.

26. Hi no Ishi

Healthy Itachi is either fannon guesswork or Part one Itachi and neither is as good as just going with the legendary badass we already got in the manga in part 2.

Itachi is on the lower end of High Kage where he beats most mid Kage and can fight most high Kage but would have to work pretty hard to do so for most. Underestimating him means he is going to flex you with a kunai and a glance even if you're a Kage level though so there is that.

When at his peak in the manga for feats he was able to take down Hebi Sasuke and Orochimaru right after without ever intending to kill him.
    Considering Hebi alone is a match for any mid kage and stands a solid chamce against any Sannin thats a pretty big feat.

He got shredded by Kabuto and the Uchiha bros would have been trashed if Kabuto had killing intent instead of jobbing
    His best feats vs Edo Nagato come from Kabuto only focusing on the Jinchuriki and just plain sucking at being Nagato

So I consider his alive feats more than
    his Edo ones so that leaves him around the Sannin and Raikage to me.

27. IpHr0z3nI

If you are talking about Naruto and Bee. I would reckon that to it being simply Itachi's time to shine. He also had that same effect though not as obvious in his teaming up with early EMS Sasuke.(Although Sasuke had way better treatment than Bee and Naruto in his team up with Itachi) But again EMS Sasuke would later have the Jubbi/Juubito fight to showcase his potential, thus the question remains was it simply Itachi's time to shine because set character would get a better portrayal later?

Itachi is unique because on paper you could argue that he was arguably was the best treated Uchiha by Kishimoto in terms of development.(I say this because Tsukuyomi, Totsuka, Yata's Mirror, Izanami were unique to him and had not only a plethora amount of hype, but a very high success rate to go along with them;although Yata had zero feats but that's another story) He is the only Uchiha who almost all his arsenal have their own unique databook entries, as if to make sure his abilities would not get overlooked by the readers. With that being said he is also the only major Uchiha that was left out of the final battles of the manga. He is the only major Uchiha that would not eclipse the high Kage status. He is the only Uchiha in terms of Power that would have been harmed by more panel time because his abilities are based on one-shotting and are known for their efficiency, and I doubt he would have been allowed to one shot Obito, the Juubi, Madara, or Kaguya. His jutsu would have been forced to adapt to situations they never had to, and the potency of his jutsu would have certainly been more questioned unless he was hit with PIS or a limit to his abilities were more defined.

Suffice to say; Healthy Itachi does not exist, but measuring Itachi by his final battle with Sasuke/Oro isn't fair to his character either. Nor would I measure him by what he accomplished as an Edo because what Edo granted him was essentially a pseudo EMS without the implication that more developed Susano'o was possible. The reality is that Itachi was sick and was working with low chakara reserves. Which is why his arsenal was tailored to represent that. Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, and HIS Susano'o were all equipped to deal with opponents rather quickly. He was presented that way in part 1, which was probably before the idea of sickness was even thought of, and you cannot pick and choose what aspects of Itachi as a character you want to be a part of his overall power.

28. Soul Helper

High Kage. He can easily dispatch anyone that isn't a solid Kage and would give most guys on his tier a good fight or win.

Spoiler:
    :blinditachi
    Even Nikushimi had shame, you know?

29. DiscoZoro20

Dunno who is supposed to be in which tier but I assume Madara and Hashirama are the peak so high high tier? If so then high-mid kage level for me. 1 sub tier below those two.

30. ThirdRidoku

The only ones who should be shameful are those who don't acknowledge manga facts.