1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The Depth Of Akatsuki

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Genesis, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Genesis Active Member

A lot of people say that the villains of Akatsuki are fodder and have no depth to their characters so i quickly made this to show the potential that is present.

1) Kisame - From what we've seen so far, he clearly has a problem of bloodthirst. He likes to slash things and cut up body parts. He adores his sword however his partner stops him from actively enjoying such activities which isn't good for his head. Not only that but that same person constantly degrades him by telling him not to underestimate enemies as if he doesn't know that. The final point is that he has been reduced to repecting a person who is half his size, younger than him, on his way to being blind and killed his own clan. Kisame may be part fish on the surface but there is a lot of potential depth for his character.

2) Deidara - Cursed with an appearance which makes it hard to determine whether he is a male or female. Already he has a problem yet he was previously allied with a person who degraded his form of art and thought himself to be too superior. Not only that but he has now been paired with a person who is for a lack of a better term, a retard, and has to concentrate on bringing him up. He bears the burden of showing the world the beauty of his art and at the same time bring up an idiot in the criminal world and continue his role as a dangerous criminal. It's his fight to show people true art.

3) Hidan - A person cursed to immortality and life while everyone he knows dies before his eyes. Not only that but he must constantly suffer endless pain and teach people the wrongs of inflicting harm. He is also the first person that has no problem being either black or white and transforms between the two at will. Trying his hardest to follow his religion and be a true patriot of his way of life but he is burdened with a partner who is obsessed over, in his eyes, needless things like money.

4) Kakuzu - He has such a hideous appearance that he must hide himself from the rest of the world by covering up. Sure Kisame is a fish but at least he is bearable to the eye. Sure Zetsu is a plant but at least he is proud to be one. Also, he has been placed as the medic in a criminal organisation where he must busy himself by fixing others and their injuries yet receive no compensation for his work. Due to this, he searches out bounties without any help and earn a way to live but he has been stuck with a partner to whom he must act like a constant nurse to. He's not greedy, he's trying to get something for his services. Finally, he kills people who have a bounty on their head, he's like a damn superhero.

5) Itachi - People accuse him of being bland and uninteresting but they fail to see how far he has gone for his younger brother. He was always there for him when their father was nowhere to be seen. A genius prodigy who strived to be free of the prison that was his clan however the only way to accomplish this was to break free in the most gruesome way possible. He was sick of the lack of attention his brother was receiving so came up with the biggest plan in history. He killed his own and left his brother to avenge him so that he would get recognition as the boy who avenged the greatest clan. On top of that his love for his younger sibling is so strong that he was ready to go into the lair of a pedo who previously wanted his body. He has lost his family, his brother and slowly his eyesight. Yet he continues for the sake of his brother. His self sacrifice is honourable.

6) Zetsu - Outcast because of his extraterrestrial appearance and forced to fend his way solely. However he didn't dwell on his misery and became a beacon of light for his kind, proudly becoming one of the most dangerous ninja in the world and fighting through all obstacles. Nonetheless his past darkness nearly engulfed him but due to the strength of his heart he managed to retain some of his light effectively splitting into two personalities. What will become of him of this deeply troubled flytrap?

7) Tobi - He is called retarded and an idiot on many occasions. Since being taken in by Zetsu he strived to show his master that he wasn't alone and that he could depend on his only companion. However the plant creature trusted only himself. It is now Tobi's dream to show Zetsu that he is a lot more than just a good boy by becoming a higher tier member of Akatsuki and earning the respect of all criminals.

8) AL - Not much is known about this mysterious figure. But for someone to take in unwanted people who have all suffered loss and pain, then treat them with the family they always desired sets the path for him being an admirable person. All his activities so far show him only doing good for the Narutoverse; his quest to rid the world of monsters known as bijuus.

Hopefully this shows the Akatsuki viallins and the amount of depth their characters truly possess. Bear in mind that we have only seen them a little bit, but such potential deserves to be expanded on.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
    Tags:
  2. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

1) Kisame - Pure muscle... standard flat "likes to fight" character.
    2) Deidara - Artist with a twisted and shallow style. "Bang"
    3)Hidan- "Holier than thou" egotist
    4)Kakuzu- Greed driven (bottom line)
    5)Itachi- You win with this one
    6) Zetsu- still can't say
    7) Tobi- comic relief for now.. but yeah probably more.
    8) AL- mysterious..

You forgot Sasori. He had a great background and still turned out fodder.

Potential for depth? Sure... but that doesn't mean much.
    Just keep in mind. Not every member will get a touching Haku/Gaara/Sasori background with flashbacks before they die.

3. Genesis Active Member

I didn't include Sasori because he died...:(

BTW, this was a joke thread.

4. Orga777 I LIVE... FOR THE FOURTH TIME!

Well thought out post. I agree with it and you even showed me some things I never even thought of before. Good job.:nod

5. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

You know... I caught a hint of joke in there....
    You just spent soo much time on it. I thought I should respond properly.
    Good joke thread Bravo!

Read this one for a laugh:
    Zetsu origin

6. Genesis Active Member

Actually i came up with it on the spot. I guess i got carried away but i wanted some serious things in there.

7. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

A little too much time on your hands but well thought out and creative nonetheless.:thumbs

8. Fenix Pie Vendor

Stop making up facts just to get an excuse to post another long and seemingly intelligent thread.

Akatsuki is one of the more developed group in manga right now. Groups in other mangas, such as the Espada in Bleach and the Shichibukai in One Piece dont have nearly as much as panels as them.

9. Blind Weasel 『 We'll meet again 』 Retired Staff

:rotfl.. i couldn't keep reading after this!...

btw kisame doesn't slash things or cut body parts...

He shaves them :evil...

(if somebody already told this... i don't care! :yell)

10. Shadow Slayer Poof no Jutsu

*Ahem* Maybe you missed it where he said this was a joke thread. Calm down and don't make assumptions so quickly.

11. Shishi-O Oda Is God

damn, i was taking it all serious like.

um, ok, they are pretty deep

itachi, hasn't shown full power in the series yet.

al....

i guess although it is a joke thread, you pretty much hit the nail on the head:)

12. Genesis Active Member

Lol, wait that's an insult. WHY YOU? :shakefist

Anyways, next time maybe you should look through the thread first instead of making assumptions.

13. Lazarus safer healthier people

Why are you even pretending that this was a joke?

Your post completely lacked any humor or hints of sarcasm. If you want to make something serious, then stick with it and ignore the flames -_-

14. Genesis Active Member

Lol, you're an idiot. if you can't pick out the several flaws then i don't know what to say.

15. Demon Hidden In The Mist Kunai-In-Mouth Style Master

None of them except Sasori and Deidara have shown their full power.