1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Distribution of Bijuus among Akatsuki Members

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Yasha, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan
    Akatsuki-Bijuu Comparisons

There are 9 Bijuus and 5 of them are gods of element (according to Japanese mythology):
    1) Shukaku (God of Wind)
    2) Nekomata
    3) Isonade (God of Water)
    4) Sokou
    5) Houkou
    6) Raijuu (God of Lightning)
    7) Kaku (God of Earth)
    8) Hachimata
    9) Kyuubi (God of Fire)

"Coincidentally", there are also 9 shinobi countries that have hidden villages and 5 of them are greater shinobi countries that have Kages:
    1) Wind Country--Hidden Sand Village
    2) Water Country--Hidden Mist Village
    3) Lightning Country--Hidden Cloud Village
    4) Earth Country--Hidden Stone Village
    5) Fire Country--Hidden Leaf Village
    6) Rain Country--Hidden Rain Village
    7) Waterfall Country--Hidden Waterfall Village
    8) Grass Country--Hidden Grass Village
    9) Rice Field Country--Hidden Sound Village

Unfortunately, there are 10 Akatsuki members (including Orochimaru) instead of 9.

So I believe that, besides AL, all the other 9 members come from different countries (just like they are representatives of their own countries:laugh ). Those Akatsuki members from the greater shinobi countries will resemble the 5 gods of element. The following are my matches:

1) Sasori--Shukaku (One Tail)
    Similarities:
    ~Shukaku is the God of Wind while Sasori is from the Wind Country
    ~Sasori's real body has a cable that extends from his stomach which looks very much like one tail
    ~Shukaku has a playful and mischievous personality while Sasori has shown some degree of mischief as well (He apparently kills and collects human puppets for fun!)
    ~Shukaku is a master of disguise. Sasori is good at it too because he wears Hiruko and looks like an old man

2) Hoshigaki Kisame--Isonade (Three Tails)
    Similarities:
    ~Isonade is the God of Water while Kisame is from the Water Country
    ~Isonade is a shark-like Bijuu. Kisame not only looks like shark, he also uses "shark jutsus" like "Water Release: Five Eating Sharks" and "Water Release: Water Shark Bullet Technique". The word "Kisame" also brings the meaning "Demon Shark"
    ~Isonade has a subordinate fish called "Samehada". Kisame's sword is also called "Samehada".
    ~Samehada can help Isonade to increase its chakra by 5 times. Hence Isonade has a huge amount of chakra. Kisame is also known for his huge amount of chakra because he can use his sword, Samehada, to absorb chakra from his opponents

3) Deidara--Kaku (Seven Tails)
    Similarities:
    ~Kaku is the God of Earth while Deidara is from the Earth Country
    ~Kaku is the smallest Bijuu while Deidara is quite small as well
    ~Deidara, like Kaku, is very cunning. This can be seen from his fight with Gaara
    ~Kaku makes its prey fall into its open mouth. Deidara also has open mouths on his palms
    ~Kaku and Deidara both use clay to fight

4) Orochimaru--Hachimata (Eight Tails)
    Similarities:
    ~Hachimata is a snake-like Bijuu while Orochimaru can summon snakes to fight for him. By the way, "Orochi" also means giant snake
    ~Hachimata and Orochimaru both have a sword called Kusanagi
    ~Hachimata can summon evil spirits while Orochimaru can summon dead people
    ~Hachimata is looking for a genius in the Yagami clan to restore its power. Orochimaru also wants to use Sasuke's body to restore his power

5) One of the three unknown Akatsuki members should come from the Lightning Country and thus be related to Raijuu (Six Tails). This guy may have something to do with Kakashi's Chidori Technique. Maybe Kakashi will defeat him later by using Chidori because Raijuu was defeated by this technique before according to Japanese mythology.

6) Zetsu--Nekomata (Two Tails) (Not Sure)
    Similarities:
    ~Nekomata lives in a forest (Forest of Death) while Zetsu is from the Grass Country
    ~Nekomata feeds on dead people's spirits while Zetsu also feeds on corpses
    ~Nekomata has a third eye while Zetsu uses some kind of spying jutsu with his eyes
    ~There is a good Nekomata and a bad Nekomata in the legend. Zetsu appears to have 2 personalities as well. His black (evil) and white (good) body may suggest that he has a good and a bad personality at the same time

7) Uchiha Itachi is from Fire Country and therefore should be related to Kyuubi (Nine Tails) which is the God of Fire. However, I don't see many similarities between the two (except that Itachi can use katon jutsu). Hence, I speculate that AL is actually from the Hidden Leaf Village as well and he instead of Itachi will resemble Kyuubi .
    Similarities:
    ~The Illusionary Nine Dragons Seal that he used bears a striking resemblance to the nine tails of Kyuubi
    ~AL can use Shoten no Jutsu (Shapeshifting Technique). Kyuubi, like Tengu and Tanuki, is a master of shapeshifting.

P.S. If it is true, then it may provide indirect evidence to the speculation that Yondaime Hokage is the Akatsuki Leader because the Kyuubi is said to be looking for the one who sealed it according to Japanese mythology. (EDIT: I don't believe in this anymore)

8) The other two unknown Akatsuki members are supposed to come from the Rain Country and Waterfall Country respectively. They will resemble Sokou and Houkou in corresponding order while Itachi's character design is based on none of the 9 Bijuus (Yes, he is somehow special!)

I have one last speculation which is on the purpose of Akatsuki: Since the Akatsuki consists of members from all 9 shinobi countries, it is possible that each member is assigned with the task to conquer his own country with the power of Bijuu. In other words, the Akatsuki wants to control the entire world. (EDIT: Don't believe in this anymore, either)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
    Tags:
  2. RagefulLlama

well if Sasori wasn't dead . . . and deidara seemingly following. Good ideas otherwise though

3. Astranagun

I doubt they plan to put the demons in themselves

4. TenshiOni

I'm strongly against the "Akatsuki want to make themselves jinchuuriki" theory.

-There were originally 10 members, as proved with the number of rings. 10 =/= 9.
    -None of them seem to even care which bijuu they claim and you'd think they would if they were fighting over demons of different skills and abilities that probably suit only certain members best
    -Deidara refers to Naruto and Gaara as pitiful monsters that they'll kill (referring to all jinchuuriki). Why would Akatsuki want to become something they seemingly hate?
    -Now, with 7 members left, how do they divide up the spoils if they collect all 9? Leader gets three? I doubt it.
    -It's lame =/

5. superman_1

they will have a competition of rock, paper, scissors over each bijuu........

6. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

Yeah, they will have problem distributing the 9 Bijuus if they collect them all. But do you think they can ever collect 9 Bijuus? I don't think so.

7. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan
    I am very sure that the first 4 matches must be correct and the others matches will also follow the same pattern because Kishimoto obviously creates the Akatsuki members according to the Bijuus in Japanese mythology. The similarities can't be mere coincidence!

8. TenshiOni

Yeah, I think they will collect all 9 of them. It's inevitable. Kishi didn't create the Akatsuki just to fail at 8 bijuu or something.

They'll extract Kyuubi from Naruto, commence w/e they want to do, Kishi has created some nice lil' suspence (The Death of Naruto!?!?!), and then they'll be stopped. Naruto will most likely survive his extraction because since he shares a symbiotic relationship with the Kyuubi (Naruto dies = Kyuubi dies), I'm willing to bet when they extract Kyuubi they also extract Naruto's soul. When Akatsuki fail and the bijuu are set free or w/e, Naruto will return.

9. dylec

Heh right. >.>
    A game involves hand movement? Tell that to Itachi with his sharingan on. :laugh

10. RagefulLlama

Itachi: So I get the ninth and final Bijuu now lets see Deidara. . I'll raise you your shorts so we can finally see whether you are a boy or girl :wink

11. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

If the Akatsuki can collect all 9 Bijuus, I don't see how can they fail. You said "When Akatsuki fail and the bijuu are set free or w/e, Naruto will return". You mean Naruto will return only after the whole Akatsuki was defeated? You mean he misses the best part? He is the main character, buddy!

12. TenshiOni

Yeah, but by Akatsuki failing, I meant only their goal. The Leader will still be very much alive for Naruto to fight with.

And how do you know they can't fail once they suceed? We don't even know what they want to do yet. :amuse

13. MangoNaruto

If your research is accurate......Im fully convinced on your relationship in relative with the Bijuu's and the Akatsuki members...but i feel the plot of the Akatsuki is most likely a bit off.....wouldnt it make more sense if its goal is to unite all countries as a unification rather than conquering it individually?.....just a thought.....im sure there is some tweaking of it...but it dont seem far away.....:tem

14. Chiru

I think Akatsuki gets all 9 and we get a kill the remaining members/rescue Naruto arc that is like a movie in its uberness, but it will also be canon. Myep. It will be in Part 3 though.

15. RagefulLlama

I am not sure if it is possible to put demons in an adult. I'm don't remember whether it is Canon or Fanon that says that the demons can only be placed inside a human container when it is newborn/not yet born(gaara) because the chakra coils aren't solid or something like that yet. I think that a more likely reason (if the above fact was Canon) is that the Akatsuki wants to get rid of possible rivals. Look at how much Gaara has grown in 2.5 years, he injured an Akatsuki member singlehandly without any prior knowledge of fighting style (Chiyo+Sakura fighting Sasori.) Now age him and Naruto another 5 or 10 years, if they decide to kill something that thing will die. Period.

16. Scorpio3.14

*Akatsuki's grand plan for the Bijuu's*

Akatsuki leader: Kyuubi, I choose you!! *throws ninja ball and Kyuubi pops out*

Zetsu: Your Kyuubi is no match for my level 81 Shukaku! Sandstom attack now Shukaku!!!

Itachi (on the sidelines): Gotta catch 'em all

17. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

You sounds like their goal is to avoid somebody disturbing their goal or their goal is to avoid themselves being killed:laugh Yeah, killing the Jinchuurikis can eliminate possible threats, but the Akatsuki must have some kind of goal or purpose for collecting the Bijuus, right?

18. RagefulLlama

Put them in a cookie jar for a rainy day? :amuse Maybe put them into children of their choosing to make the perfect slaves or something like that.

19. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan
    Put them into children? Then they will have new threats again. How can they make sure that the children won't betray them?

20. RagefulLlama

I don't know I am randomly pulling ideas out of . . . . let's not go there. Who knows, maybe make them as devoted as Kimmimaro learn devotion tactics from Orochimaru. Now if I twist my words like FFLN I would say maybe some seduction techniques too :notrust

21. Yakushi~Kabuto

Nice theory and nice observation about the 5 elements.
    There's a flaw about each Akatsuki coming from a different country tho, since Oro and Itachi are both from Konoha. There is at least one country not in Aka, except if you count Oro from the Rice (according to filler the newly formed sound village is on the rice country)

Other points, Itachi might be related to the weasel 6-tails youma, and I believe Kabuto is a Jinchuuriki, while Orochimaru is a Youma (not human).

Finally, I don't think the Youmas are to be distributed among the member, I still believe they are needed to unseal/awaked that King of Hell statue.

22. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan

I agree that Kabuto may be the Jinchuuriki of Hachimata but I don't think that Orochimaru is not a human.

23. Michirusama

Did it seem like when they were extracting the bijuu from Gaara, it went into something else, not a person? If this is true, then perhaps they are making an ultimate weapon with the powers of all the bijuus, and that none of the individual members will reciving individual bijuu, hence it would not matter that there are/were ten members and only nine beasts.

Another possible theory I have is that Orochimaru is the eight tails and they kept him around for when they would need him. If you take in all of his snake like characteristics and the fact that we don't really know where he is from. He may be like Kabuto and have been orphaned (if he has a bijuu in him this is a definate) and taken in by a Konoha nin as a child. I know that this is assuming alot, but I don't think that we know very much about Oro.

24. Luciferxxxxx

25. BattousaiMS

Well I postred long ago a thory that the the 9 (without leader incuded and Orochimaru in it) where seeking and would be given each of the demons powers via the Leader, in return he would have the bijuus for his own purpose. I mean I am sure all them apart the leader are interested in the Bijuu special powers rather then the bijuu themselves. So the deal probably involves each member catching a jinchukiri and thus recieving its power with a contract they signed with the leader who might possibly be a greater evil enitity (kinda like Hate/Chaos/Vengeance) that roamed the world for ages and seeks the destruction of the land via the 9 beasts.

The 9 would care less what the Leader might to with the beasts as long as they got special powers that enabled them to be the strongest of their respective fields. Evil people never do and in the end they probably would have gotten wiped out by the leader anyway but just happens the goons wont realize till the end (The bad guy boss almost always does this when he is done using his goons).

Of course, Orochimaru being the most impatient guy probably left as he thought it simply took to much time and also probably because he suspected the Leader's plan a bit so while leaving he decided to slow the groups work by taking the ring which would give the user the ability to transmute a jinchuukiri on the anima (that 9 eyed thing) and thus ultimately slowing Akatasuki down as now the leader cannot get another person to replace Orochimaru's position and has to do with only 8 goons rather then 9 as he originally intended.

26. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

I doubt it. My impression has always been that the leader, whoever he is, found a way to utilize some very old jutsu relating to the actual origins of the bijuu. This is why the statue has exactly nine eyes, one eyes for each demon. It might be some kind of method to control them, or it might be something else... I'm sure that they're not going to put them in themselves though.

27. Gundero

One thing that seems off with the whole, "one akatsuki for every country"-theory is that hidden waterfall village was just fillersville (right?), and really really weak too. I just don't think anyone from there would be strong enough.

28. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan
    :huh Weird? In what way?
    Many insist that Akatsuki won't put the Bijuus into themselves. Well, let's ignore that for now, just think that what I wrote is to point out the resemblances between Bijuus and Akatsuki that Kishi put in his manga. That's all.:wink

29. Yasha

Flag:
    Japan
    There is something I want to add. Besides the Akatsuki, the Jinchuurikis also seems to follow the same pattern. One Jinchuuriki in one Country. Gaara from the Wind Country got Shukaku (God of Wind) and Naruto from the Fire Country got Kyuubi (God of Fire). Since Oro from the Rice Field Country bears striking resemblances to Hachimata, the Jinchuuriki of Hachimata should also come from the Hidden Sound Village of the Rice Field Country. In other words, Kabuto from the Hidden Sound has at least 90% probability of being the Jinchuuriki of Hachimata. I am very eager to know where Sai comes from because I believe she is a Jinchuuriki as well.

30. Spy_Smasher

About the "One Akatsuki Member From Each Country" Theory:

It's certainly possible that there is one Akatsuki member (excepting the leader) from each country. If it is true, it is probably not (though not certainly) a coincidence. Which presents a problem. If a member is required from each country, why not replace Orochimaru?

Conversely, if one member from each country is not required, then why recruit that way in the beginning? Wouldn't it be wiser to recruit persons, in no matter what number, from no matter what origin, that have the power and common desire to accomplish the Akatsuki's goals? To recruit unnecessarily would seem dangerous.

Of course, if one member was required from each country, then that would stop all the "Tobi is Obito" theories, because then he'd be from Sand. :)