1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The Dungeons and Dragons FC

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by martryn, Oct 19, 2005.

1. martryn Dick in hand

I decided to make one of these. I've been thinking I should for months now, but never really did. I hope no one else has started one. If they did, then too bad, as this one will be better, I promise.

DnD is the original RP. I can't stand these RP sites online where people tell stories and become characters, as there isn't any structure like in a good ol DnD session. Come, join, roll yourself up a character, and discuss all the joys of paper and pencil RPing.

Guildmaster/DM - martryn, 9th level rogue :tem

Party Leader - Reznor, 3 rogue/1 barbarian/2 monk/2 fighter/1 duelist
    acidzerox - 1st level warrior (ha ha!)

Character sheets not yet filled out
    Sunshine & Gasoline - ECL 7
    Kucheeky Badkuya - ECL 8

Last edited: Dec 2, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Sure I'll join. =)

I call 3 Rog/1 Barb/2 Monk/2 Fig/1 Duelist and Co-owner.

3. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

D&D sucks. Play Vampire instead.

I'll only join because of Bioware and what they did with this boring world when they created the spectacular Baldur's Gate serias.

4. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

I'm was playing a vamp camp a few weeks ago. It's fun. I'm played Exalter, another White wolf game, not to long ago too.

DnD is just a classic, though.

Right now, I have a d20 modern campaign that's been going on for over a year, easily.

5. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

While D&D really is classic. I still don't like playing it (not that I play much anyway). The rules just have to many flaws in them.

The world and the history of the world are pretty good most of the time though.

The worlds that I enjoyed playing the most where Vampire and Eon, just because they felt more roleplay.

6. martryn Dick in hand

I have a love for DnD, although one of the members of my group used to play in a Vampire game. I've got plans for playing a Wheel of Time d20 game, the new Firefly game, and the rereleased and revamped Lord of the Rings RPG, but right now I'm DMing two campaigns in good ol DnD, and have characters in two more.

@S&G: If you don't much enjoy playing DnD, its more likely that the DM you had sucked. A good DM shouldn't have trouble weaving an intricate and living world. There are only a few small routines you have to follow to make it seem dynamic and not stale.

As for the Baldur's Gate games, have you played Neverwinter Nights? It's by the same people, but the game is much much better. And they have plans to release a DnD MMORPG next year based in Eberron, which is a world I'm not too fond of right now (its for noobs). My group and I are going to jump on board that while its new.

And you, S&G, are a 6th level character. What class/classes are you opting for?

7. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I need to try the Wheel of Time game. I'm a huge WoT fan and I simply love the world. I wonder if one can play as an Asha'man in it and how they deal with male channeler insanity.

8. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

This FC is Chuck Norris approved :thumbs

Me want to lose thee social life.

9. martryn Dick in hand

If I played, I'd want to play a male Aiel channeler who lost his memory in battle with the forces of evil up in the Blight.

And you can here! You are a CR of 8! Choose your classes/race with great care.

10. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I would love to play an Cairhien lord and master the game of houses and plot my way up. Damn, I need to get myself some new geek friends. I'm so alone! :crying

I plan on making a character in 3d Edition of AD&D. Ok?

11. Aruarian Well-Known Member

If DnD has Alchemy, sign me up. :oh

12. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

I agree. My d20 modern adventure has tweaked the hell out of the rules.

DnD's rules are only really good for levels 4~10 or so.

I never care much for the history and stuff.

Most of the friends I play with no more of it than I do, so I use my own settings.

I'm actually thinking of working on a Narutoish pen and paper.

I saw a Naruto d20, but I think d20 isn't the right system for DnD. I thinking of making it a white wolf system.

13. martryn Dick in hand

It does, but what sort of alchemy are you talking about? Full Metal Alchemist? That would be more like a Transmuter. Alchemy in DnD is all about potions.

14. acidzerox On a mission from God...

D&D....sign me up. Hey Martryn, I want to be a Hexblade! Ha, sorry none of you will understand that refrence. You can call me Drakx Blackmoon. I fear nothing! And thanks to a DM that well, lets just say he likes to make things interesting that way I didn't just say that he sucked. I have Uber power items.
    Anyways, I've played Vampire the Masquerade the LARP version and have to say the my money is on old fasion pencil and paper tabletop gaming. But I will probably play D&D online when it comes out.

15. TheChoji Banned

Dungeons and Dragons Online looks pretty tight. I just saw three or four previews of the game and from the information I've gathered the races are human, elf, dwarf, hafling, and some type of half-golem. The classes are barbarian, bard, fighter, wizard, cleric, sorceror, rouge, ranger, and they will add in monk and druid pretty soon. I can't wait for it to come out next year.

16. martryn Dick in hand

Yay, new members I never added to the members list. Sorry. I seem to forget about FC's I start.

17. uncle jafuncle sustenance proxy

I have the core rulebook...problem is that out of all my friends I've got only one who reads WoT so everyone else would rather play Modern D20 or 2nd/3rd edition DnD. As for male channlers: there is a madness system. Your madness points grow with every level of male channeler you take. You roll for them just like a hit die. The higher your score, the harsher the effects of channeling become. Eventually, everytime you try to channel you have to make a sanity check. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, I'll join for 2nd Edition DnD, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, and the Dragonlance novels(Legends and Chronicles anyway...)

18. acidzerox On a mission from God...

Oh the joy's of D&D and the gaming that will be had this summer.....mmmmm....D&D. I can't get ehough of this game. The online version is going to be sweet. I know it's a little off topic but kinda isn't has anyone heard about Never Winter Nights 2? I just read an article over it and it looks like it could be really cool.

19. MYK Devoted Otonin

Count me in.... Here's my character:

called Lin the Mad, went insane after possesion by lich and subsequent exorcism...level 5 Sorcerer with a major red dragon bloodline and pseudodragon familiar (my DM approved this...he's been playing since version 1!) Um...if you want more of her stats, etc I can post those later...

20. martryn Dick in hand

Hmmmm.. I need to start posting in here more. This FC could be alot more active i think.

21. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Care for a ressurection? I know a high level preist....

22. MYK Devoted Otonin

Yay! Bring back my psuedodragon (she died...:cry)!

I talked with my DM recently; he said that Lin has gained a level (Sor 6/Bloodline 1--I think) and that the next adventure we're playing is centered around her. This, naturally enough, means that I get to play merry havoc with the rest of the party and their lives smile-big :evil

23. martryn Dick in hand

Yay, a 9th level cleric!

Raise Dead

Yay, the thread is alive for a little while longer.

I have my Sunday game in about 3.5 hours. Have 8 people, including two chicks. Yes, that's right, I've got chicks in my DnD game. I'm plotting currently to kill off the cleric (Wee Jas) 3/Necromancer 3/ True Necromancer 3 in today's game. That player always cheats on his die rolls. He's got more HP's than the equal level ranger because he rerolls one's and two's on his die rolls. The fucker.

24. martryn Dick in hand

So, my current game:

I play a dwarf druid 4/ranger 1 going into Beastmaster next level. And then... Dread Commando! I know, pretty fucked up, right? His name is Tulip and he rides a Dire Bat named Furry. And his next animal companion will be a Dire Ape! When I hit level 12 and take the Leadership feat I'm converting my Dire Ape into a cohort with the Awaken spell. I'll round out my animal companions with a shit ton of Dire Wolves.

25. Kaki Condensed hits harder

Wow, at first I read that as berserker. Why is your name tulip?

Damn, it's been a little while since I had a session.

26. martryn Dick in hand

His given name is Paard Ironblade, but after abandoning his clan with his twin sister for the call of nature, he decided to take a more natural sounding name. And that name is Tulip. He's sorta psycho, since he's not been around human contact in about twenty years.