1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Edit List Report; # 13

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Naruyamcha, Nov 26, 2005.

1. Naruyamcha Banned

Episode thirteen, episodio trece, chapitre treize, kapitel dreizehn, cap?tulo treze, capitolo tredici, hoofdstuk dertien, well, you get the idea....
    Sorry I was late, though, I was doing research on the techniques.....

Episode 13: ?Haku?s Secret Jutsu; Crystal Ice Mirrors?

1) Hijutsu; Sensatsu Suishou was translated as Secret Jutsu; A Thousand Needles of Death

2) In the dub, Tsunami quotes, "I'll do anything", while in the original, she said something like, "I'll bite through my own tounge and drown in my own blood" when Gato's thugs threaten her..... Kinda suggestive if you ask me. But the original dialogue seems too graphic for the American/Canadian audience...

3) When Kakashi disses Zabuza and describes Naruto after Sasuke knocks down Haku, he is zoomed out pretty fast on the dub, whereas in the original

4) Hijutsu; Makyou Hyoshou was translated as Secret Jutsu; Crystal Ice Mirrors. So, the ?Demonic? part was left out, probably will be kept on the DVDs

5) When the screen goes black, only one bloodspurt is shown, whereas in the original, many a bloodspurts are shown

Well, that?s that, another episode where the edits are 5 or less......
    Then again..... OK, discuss

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
    Tags:
  2. TenshiOni Active Member

You forgot how the changed Tsunami's threat to the two samurai.

In the dub, she said, "I'll do anything," while in the original, she said something like, "I'll bite through my own tounge and drown in my own blood."

Sticking this. :tem

3. krzyvietboi2k5 Why am i surrounded by idiots?

Better late than never keep up the good work!!

4. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

Heh nice job man. Well I just kinda wanted to say to everyone here that I have a website dedicated to finding anime editz or differences in the japanese version and english versions of anime. Currently it only features Naruto. You can find it at by Semptimilius. Currently I'm working alone and it's hard work so I'll a couple episodes behind the toonami schedule. I will catch up though by the 1st day of December. Please check out my site. ;)

Some editz that Naru-chacha didn't catch... Well let me just point out these are really minor and hard to find. I'm not 100% about them all either. I'll confirm them in a day or two when I can get the english version on my comp. for future comparisons.

1) When Naruto kicks the two samurais blood flies up in the beginning of the episode. This was removed in the english version.

2) A pointless edit but at one point while Naruto is talking to Inari after he saved him from the two samurais, Naruto smiles showing his teeth in the english version while in the japanese version he only has a line drawn for his smile.

3) Another pointless edit, while Kakashi compliments Sakura on the bridge, in the japanese version she sticks out her tongue the whole time as he gives her the compliment. In the english, she smiles and then sticks out her tongue a few moments later...

For more editz concerning Naruto check out my site ;) and I should have everything up in 5 days.

5. narutofan1010 Aka no Mahoutskai Magired

hey at least appreciate that there was any blood in it an plus i beleve that they made up for it with the blood streaming down Sasuke's face

6. krzyvietboi2k5 Why am i surrounded by idiots?

There kept most of the blood in, why didnt they just keep the rest of it in??

7. Naruyamcha Banned

I guess I missed that, since I had the volume low, and the CCs turned off....
    *goes to edit the edit list (oxymoron!!)*

Thanks, Mike ^^

8. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

Fast work again. I wasn't disappointed at all in the edits. They're keeping it to a minimum, and I'm liking that a lot. ^^

9. Naruyamcha Banned

Thanks to all for your opinions, and thanks to you, TenshiOni (Mike), for pointing out Tsunami's line

10. narutofan1010 Aka no Mahoutskai Magired

you have to remember krzyvietboi2k5 that the show is only rated TV PG now if it was TV 14 than they probably would have left more bloodin there but this is toonami so a PG rating is a rather astounding feat

11. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

The soccer moms would have had a field day if they kept the "I will bite out my tounge and drown in my own blood" line in.

12. Manetheren Ero-Sennin Approves This Post!

These could very well be post-Japanese airing fixes done for the DVD releases. I know there was an issue with several images of Kakashi being changed during the Bell test, that were deemed to likely be the same thing.

I know that several series have done this.

13. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

What do you mean by post-Japanese airing fixes?

14. Manetheren Ero-Sennin Approves This Post!

Sometimes the animators will go back and fix problems with the animation in episodes after they have aired on Japanese TV.

Due to the speed they have to put out episodes for a weekly airing, sometimes they get sub-par animation in certain scenes (Naruto, sadly has quite a few of them).

Since on DVD these scenes are ALOT easier to spot due to the increased quality, often they will fix these mistakes for the DVD releases.

Since no one actually does Naruto subs off the DVD releases though, it is really hard to tell if this is the case without having someone that has the official DVD releases in Japan.

15. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

Very interesting...I didn't know that. Well I can't really do anything about it for my website since I don't own Naruto DVDs, so I shall continue using the TV episodes for my comparisons. Thanks for the info Manetheren.

16. TDM Toast

The "I'll do anything" may be less graphics, but it's also

17. TsukasaElkKite Yuri Fangirl ♥

YES! another well edited episode! kudos to Viz!

18. icoselitham Lost

19. vick86 The Dutch Wolf

I have to correct you on that one. In dutch hoofdstuk means chapter. The correct translation of episode is aflevering. Anyway thumbs up for writing these editlists

Same with kapitel it should be folge dreizehn.

20. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Some of those minor edits you guys are talking about might've been made by the Japanese anime producers for the DVD release.

The same thing happened on Fullmetal Alchemist and people were whining about Funimation "butchering" the series.

21. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

Well I wasn't aware that Japanese anime producers changed the show for DVD release. It does make sense though why they would change it. Due to the fact that I don't own the Naruto DVDs I will have to continue using the fansub releases for my website ( . I will continue getting every detail changed even though it might not be a VIZ MEDIA edit.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2005
  22. kakashi1234 legendary ninja

you guys are pretty good at finding them edits keep it up:D

23. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

Thanks, I tried my best to get every detail.

24. TheVileOne Peace Loving-nin

Because I dunno, they make little changes here and there when they go to DVD because there's not as quick a deadline when they get it ready for air time.

25. Alaris New Member

If you're gonna correct him about his other language translations, then i guess i can too :p.

Capitulo Treze=Chapter 13

Episodio trece=Episode 13

Easy as that, jeez. I'm taking spanish classes so i should know.

Also, good ep, at least some blood was shown this time, unlike all the past edits. :p

26. mistergin Less Talk, More Stab!

Beggars can't be choosers but you'd think that at the hour they show at (1am) that there'd be less need for censorship :(

27. Gaaraofthedesert287 demon of the sand

u forgot when kakashi tells zabuza about the three and calls naruto a knucklehead ninja but in the manga he calls him a maverick showstopper but it might be different in the japanese anime too watever

28. OniTasku [Weeabro for life]

Heh, we just can't have that on TV, eh? Though, I really never thought it that bad when I first read/watched it on the original. =/

29. nightmarenny Member

Which is very said. It proves that people only look at the words not the context. Yes that is alittle graphic but its just about the noblest a redeaming thing about human. The mother loved her son enough that she would unthinkingly kill herself to save her child. How would that take away the morals of children?

30. joby2too Webmaster of Anime-Editz.net

Guys come on, of course that dialogue had to be changed. This show is on Toonami, its meant for younger viewers. Most of the time the characters don't even use the word "die". They will use something else like "destroy". So obviously this line had to be changed.