1. cookingcontest
    Show us your cooking skills in the 12th Cooking Contest, Meats/Fish!
    Deadline to enter is August 20th at 4 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Writingcontest
    Vote for the entries of the Alley's Writing ContestHere!
    The deadline for critiques Ends at August 4th.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is August 17 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The end of Act 3

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by Lawliet, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Lawliet

All acts so far had a transition in them. I don't see a transition in the current situation. With the scabbards jumping kaidou, Luffy being there too but just waiting for the scabbards to need his help. How is there going to be act 4?

I don't see a transition at alll.

Tags:
  2. Fel1x

Alliance is fucked up right now. everything went wrong

Scabbards are game over next chapter. Luffy and Yamato can't do shit. Nami is captured, Marco is probably busy messing with BM's crew. Usopp and Chopper are busy running away from the Numbers

so what do you think comes next? I can't see total defeat of the alliance (another rescue arc? won't happen), but can't see final stage of war right now too

The only things that can save the day are marines or BB. like few seconds from whole alliance members execution

3. Lawliet

You underestimate the alliance too much

• Neutral Neutral x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Samehadaman

Flag:
    Portugal
    Unless the whole plan is retarded, I assume it is at this point that everyone attacks.
    Luffy, Kid, Zoro, Law will come out of hiding. They are not that far.

Of course Kaido and Big Mom can kill someone before that, but that was always the risk.
    The part of using surprise on Kaido as advantage was actually quite successful, they managed to open the fight with a clean hit on him by multiple fighters, Kanjuro and Sasaki are already neutralized and all the alliance top fighters are in good shape.

It looks dire in the same way fighting two Yonko crews looks dire regardless.

On Marco I agree, that he went to check on a shadow before the attack is fairly dumb, but he is a pinneaple after all.

5. Dragon D. Luffy Retired Staff

Luffy starts fighting with Kaido next chapter. Loses the fight. Someone rescues him (probably Yamato). The strawhats leave Onigashima. Act 4 will start a few days later in Wano.

The alliance's plan is actually pretty successful so far it's just that this is likely to fail because it's too easy (and Act 3 is supposed to be a tragedy). So chances are it will fail because yonkou are too damn strong and Luffy will need another power-up (awakening and/or G5).

6. Beast

I think this is the transition, kaidou is gonna destroy the scabbards and it looks like they are about to die, switch scenes to reverie and the rest of the world.

7. Corax

I think we will have tragedy ending for act 3 (Kaido and beast pirates kill/beat Scabbards). And after this short break for Reverie.

8. Vengarl

I have my own theory but I dont want Oda knowing I'm onto him.

9. Corax

I can see their plan partially failing (some Scabbards might die and entire alliance might be even cornered for some chapters). But overall?No. In this case Kaido will slaughter Flower capital citizens (as he said in this chapter). A very huge strike for Luffy's Wano's savior/Joy Boy 2.0 reputation. This won't happen.

10. Fel1x

I can see act 4 as remaining alliance + Sword against BP+BM part 2

and yeah, after tragedy of act 3, remaining alliance will retreat

11. Walker

The scabbards will be wrecked by Kaido. All knocked out unconscious, everyone looks on shocked as Momo is about to be executed. End of act three. Then Marco comes and saves Momo, and uses his healing powers on the scabbards at the beginning of act 4. And that's when the real war starts and everyone get's their designated opponents.

12. Fel1x

our threads are quite similar. didn't see that thread before creating mine

probably they should be mixed

@Kinjin @Soca

13. Dellinger

It is game over for the simple reason that this fight is moving to the Capital. Kaido and Big Mom will mop the floor with them.

14. Kamina.

Personally I don't think the alliance are taking a big loss here anymore. Tragedy might just be limited to the scabbards and then we get running simulator for a bit to the capital where Odas lover and co start the fight up.

Of course that leaves Big Mom just standing there so could be completely wrong

15. Whimsy

Rescue Nami arc incoming

16. Neo Arcadia

No, it's actually smart. If Neo Rocks has reinforcements on the way, it's much better to identify and deal with them at sea than to let them make landfall and surprise the Alliance.

17. Tenma

Kaido's revealed intentions to lay waste to Wano means this Onigashima raid won't be successful and he will begin 'Wano's last day' to up the stakes- sort of like how the civil war in Alabasta could not be stopped prematurely in Rainbase.

My guess: The scabbards fail and get wrecked, possible death/crippling of one of them- likely Kinemon. Kaido and his Calamities head off to Flower Capital to execute the 'last day of Wano' while he has the Flying 6 hold down the SHs at Onigashima. The F6 are beaten but the alliance is stranded in Onigashima. The alliance somehow finds a new armada to sail back to Wano (Drake turning would be my guess) for the final battle in Act 4.

18. Vengarl

To add to that, I think Big Mom will have to be overcome at Onigashima before the alliance makes it back to Wano. Kid and Drake will be the first ones to make it back to Wano ahead of the others because they have been gunning for Kaido and dont care about leaving others behind. Maybe Law and Marco as well. Gyukimaru, Hawkins and Tamas army of subdued Headliners will be the only defenders of Wano until the others arrive from Onigashima.

19. Mariko

As I said, act 3 will IMO end with chapter 989, act 4 starting with chap 990.

So still 3 chapters to set up the dramatic transition.

In other words, 3 chapters to have the side chars going down before the MCs turn serious.

Luffy and Yamabro will be busy with Ulti and Who's Who

Zoro and Kid with the headliners

Law doing rocket science new plans

Sanji nosebleeding

Jinbei and Robin making a baby.

After what they will all gather and the shit will start real.

What will be the turning point?

Hard to tell.

20. Lawliet

I mean, I could see an act 4 happening, but it's just going to be weird for me. All ends of all acts so far were new threads being created for the arc.

Everyone and their mother is on the same island now so what transition or plot point needs to be added.

It's going to be weird if the "tragedy" is Luffy and coo losing temporary.

So maybe I guess it might just be the scabbards losing horribly or possibly one or two dying. But idk. Like the fight started.. Just let it happen.

21. Mariko

Hmmm...

I guess as ppl think it (the turning point) will be some serious KOs (deaths?), all the side chars being defeated in despair, Kaidou proclaming his definitive victory over the Kozuki clan.

After what all the MCs (Luffy, Zoro, Kid, Law and the others) will finally open the 4th arc by defeating their own opponents and joining to face Kaidou and BM.

Luffy being seriously furious for some reasons and pulling an MC punchline.

22. Sabo

Flag:
    Australia
    Scabbards will all be captured and when things seems like it’s all over Novas (Drake and Hawkin included) team up and save the day.

And at end of arc when everything seems to be over Kizaru and Green Bull arrive!

23. Zeta42

Act 3 is the end of Wano
    Acts 4 and 5 continue into the next arc

24. Vagrant Tom

Do we need to have more acts?