1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We want YOU the community to help contribute to the new Spiral Rep titles!

Please, check this thread.

Dismiss Notice
  5. My fellow ningen! It's time for another Dragon Ball Banner Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  6. [​IMG]

We are going to give one month of coloured usernames to a couple of NF users.

Please, check NFs Valentine's Day Event

Dismiss Notice

7. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

The Epitome of Ichigo's Powers

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by MShadows, Jan 6, 2019.

1. MShadows Deathbat

Most of you probably know that a new version of Ichigo has just been introduced for Brave Souls.

"All of the power that resides inside of me... with this I'll defeat you!"

This new Ichigo has been designed by Kubo, and apparently it's a version of him that has unlocked and mastered every aspect of his powers: Sinigami, Hollow, and Quincy.

Spoiler:

Now in the final arc Ichigo learned the truth about his heritage and thanks to Ouetsu he got a hold of a real Zanpakuto: a dual Zangetsu, with each blade representing an aspect of Ichigo's powers.

We got to see his actual Shikai, a newly improved Hollow power-up, and his actual Bankai. But if you stop and think about it for a second, Ichigo had barely been introduced to his real powers for not even a day, and even he himself admits that he's still far from mastering them when he uses the Horn of Salvation form, as he couldn't even access it at will.

Despite his massive power, Ichigo without a doubt still has a lot more room to improve and properly learn about his powers.

This new Ichigo combines all of his powers as we see Blut marking along his body, a left arm that has been Hollowfied, and in his right arm what looks like a Quincy bow created from Getsuga-like reiatsu. The outfit looks strikingly similar to his former Fullbring Bankai gear as well, noting the "X" shaped wrappings on his torso. His outfit now has four, ankle length tails as well, which in certain positions remind of the "Ban" (✌) symbol which has been previously featured as the guard of his Tensa Zangetsu as well as the initial stage of his Fullbring Shinigami Badge. And what's more, he's got the "Dangai" hair, as well as an overall look similar to his Mugetsu scheme.

If you look at the gameplay vid I posted above you can see him firing Heilig Pfeil from his bow, fire Getsuga infused Heilig Pfeil, and swing his blow like a Zanpakuto in order to fire massive Black Getsugas as well.
    With his left Hollow arm he seems to be able to fire off Cero Oscuras-esque energy blasts.
    As for his ultimate attack, it starts with a tall surge of light that is curiously similar to the ones released by the "Quincy Vollständig" forms , which is followed by the armor-like wrappings that clad his right arm unwrapping and shaping once again into the "Ban" symbol which has been always associated with Ichigo. The ensuing reiatsu blast is claimed by Ichigo to be made of the entirety of his powers, which should combine his Shinigami, Hollow, and Quincy parts.

Could this new version of Ichigo be more than just a throwaway design for a mobile game? Could Kubo have actually meant to show us what a true EoS Ichigo with the entirety of his latent powers unlocked and mastered would look and be like?

Discuss!

:Mshad

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  2. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Through the story, Ichigo's Bankai jacket gained a new tail each time he unlocked access to a new power. He got a second tail for his Hollow powers in the Arrancar arc, then a third tail for his Fullbring in the Lost Agent arc, but then the last time he used his Bankai in the story there was no jacket.

If the fourth tail is because of his Quincy powers, then it's kind of lazy to only describe "all" of his powers as Shinigami, Hollow, and Quincy.

As a matter of fact, there was no acknowledgement or indication that the Fullbring tattoos on his shinigami form randomly disappeared after the Royal guard training began. And not those Fullbring tattoos are randomly replaced by Blut markings? Lazy af.

About as lazy as Giriko, Ginjou, and Tsukishima doing secret training with Ganju, then none of them doing a single thing in the entire final arc.

3. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

It's a shame as a unit there's nothing particularly special about him in-game. The trailer highlighted his Blut but he has neither poise (unit doesn't stagger when hit so it can keep attacking even while taking damage), damage reduction nor boost (increases stats for a short period of time, usually about 30 seconds). Cool form though and easily better looking than Horn of Salvation.

4. MShadows Deathbat

I don't play the game so I can't pronounce myself regarding his in-game stats and so, but that's a shame. For all the hype I guess he should've been a better character then.

I'm really curious if this could be the form 27 year old Ichigo from the Epilogue would take when leaving his body. Assuming by that time he'd completely mastered his powers.

:ramsaythunk

5. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

I mean he's not a bad character at all (actually quite a good one), he's just missing something to separate him out distinctly from other units in terms of stats/abilities instead of looks. Just to put it in context he was released for the third anniversary of the game's English/Global version, comparatively the Ulquiorra that was released for the game's Japanese third anniversary a while back is much more distinct in terms of ability (while also being very good).

Could well be, he looks a little younger than EoS though.

6. MShadows Deathbat

Tbh, I think it's the shorter hair that makes him look older in the epilogue. His face is the same to me.

7. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Fair point, and there's no in-game EoS version to compare him to either.

8. The Supreme God GODSPEED Aka Thespiritdetective . Grumpy lumpy.

And yet not in the manga

:blobsad

10. MShadows Deathbat

I don't even think it's a Bankai as there's no Zanpakuto in sight and the bow seems so be made from Getsuga like reiatsu.

I'd love to see an explanation as to how exactly all his powers mesh into one another.

11. DSTREET45 Kienzan Master

Pretty much the only thing I could say about this.

12. Blade row row fight the power™

:tupac

13. Xhominid The Avaricious

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what Kubo is ultimately aiming for with Ichigo and thus is more in line with canon than Ulquirroa's 3rd Form with the Hyogoku transformation.

I mean he did outright leave that Ichigo still doesn't have full mastery of his powers yet he was able to bring the fight and ultimately was the main lynchpin in taking out Soul King Yhwach for good, showing just how insane his powers are even BEFORE that point.

If anything, Ichigo's true power must be utterly OBSCENE once he fully masters it.

14. Jouninja Well-Known Member

Finally, so this is Ichigo's TRUE power if Bleach had kept going?

He probably would have used it on aliens by this point though.

15. MShadows Deathbat

While this was obviously made for a game, it doesn't really contradict anything, since Ichigo is still far from completely mastering his power.

Yes, he gained his true Zanpakuto, but he didn't gain it with full mastery :lmao The real training to mastering his powers should only have begun afterwards.

Possibly. Tbh, this is a much more accurate representation of his powers meddling together.

While I liked the idea of dual wielding, having his Shinigami/Hollow powers and Quincy powers separated didn't seem like the proper representation to me.

16. Xhominid The Avaricious

That should be the ringer for you to realize how scary Ichigo actually IS now. Even in his True Shikai variant, he had no problems moving away from 7 Sternritter and didn't even seem to sweat when it looked like he had to fight all 7 of them before Byakuya intervened. He took a punch from Meninas and shrugged it right off and was able to bring the fight to Soul King Yhwach even in Shikai for quite a bit of time.

His Bankai's power was so much, Yhwach just straight up broke it with pure hax rather than even FEASIBLY try to fight Ichigo on equal ground with it and after it was fixed, CONSISTENTLY tried to break it.

Full Mastery Ichigo should be some insane nightmare to be honest.

17. MShadows Deathbat

Well, there's that line from Yhwach when he was fighting Shikai Ichigo, and he says that Ichigo regained the power he had against Aizen, which would make True Shikai Ichigo comparable to his Dangai self. And that's without the Horn of Salvation.

Yeah, Yhwach wanted none of that Bankai. It was too strong so he had to bullshit his way around it.

Remember how a severely weakened Ichigo managed to kill Soul King Yhwach with a single Getsuga Tenshou?

Kappa

18. Xhominid The Avaricious

Yeah and that's why I think it's hard for Kubo or Narita to put Ichigo into any more novels. It's not that he's too weak or "that his story his done"(we can say that for alot of characters, to be frank, that reappeared in this novel again), it's that he's too fuck off powerful to feasibly bring back without him basically solving everything with the ease of brushing your hair.

The guy was supposed to be the next Soul King by Ichibei, made Soul King Yhwach his bitch despite LOSING his Hollow and Quincy Powers and needing to depend on just his Shinigami powers. And the Novels exclaimed he got those back after Yhwach's defeat after awhile as well. Ichigo may not have any hax or a multitude of special techniques... but none of that matters when he has such. Insane. Raw. Power.

And if THIS is Ichigo's end result, his full Mastery of all of his sides, my fucking god at how insanely powerful he is now.

19. MShadows Deathbat

Sometimes it's better to move away from the protagonist for a while, but I hope we do get to see Ichigo by the end of this novel. I don't necessarily want him to come join the fight, but I just want to see what he's been up to 6 months after the defeat of Yhwach.

You know what I really hated after Ichigo got his true Zanpakuto? The fact that he stopped interacting with his inner souls.

When he drew upon the power of his hollow side by donning his Horn of Salvation I was expecting some inner dialogue of Zangetsu maybe teasing Ichigo for suddenly using his powers when not even 2 years prior he was scared of them. There was so much potential for some banter between them, and maybe even some possible development for Zangetsu now that Ichigo had accepted him fully. Seeing them bond further, while still keeping some skepticism on Ichigo's part due to their past would've been golden.

20. Xhominid The Avaricious

Remember that Kubo was rushing through because he was so utterly fucked up at that time so he couldn't add much of those details if he wanted to.
    So it's obvious these novels is tying up the loose ends that he couldn't fully cover.

21. MShadows Deathbat

But still, I want to see Ichigo's inner hollow again. He's my fav character.

:noah

22. Millón Vasto Damn, I'm even thiccer then Jiren!

Seems to me that this is ichigos hypthetical true ultimate state.

Its bassically the fully mastered dangai form of ichigos true zanpaktou while learninf actual racial abilities.

Guess this kinda shows how kubo hypothetically views how ichigo would eventually progress.

Fullbring is back too in full.

Its like that pre timeskip mastered h2 form.

And a hypothetical hogyoku ulquiorra.

I do like kubo answerinf hypotheticals atleast. Even tough he should have used his time better and written it in the story.

Well atleast kubo answerded the age old question.

Ichigo is not a one trick pony he can actually learn moves.

The desing is awsome tough

23. MShadows Deathbat

Yeah, this is likely what Aizen was expecting Ichigo to achieve.

Remember that the H2 that fought R2 Ulquiorra was actually at half power :hestonpls

This is an Ichigo that is not only at full power, but mastered the form as well, which should make him even stronger.
    Would've been really dope to see this in the actual series. Tho, I think the full mask would've looked even better.

I don't really remember, but where was H2 pegged on the Captain tier? And where would this guy be placed?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  24. Millón Vasto Damn, I'm even thiccer then Jiren!

H2 was pegged everywhere. Honestly his power as was r2 ulquiorra was always controversial. It depends on who u ask really.

Some pegged him as weaker then stark. Others pegged him at yama level or higher.

His power however was always generally pegged above junior pre timeskip captains.

Some also said h2 might even be stronger since he is half of dangai ichigios power. Others tought he was all of dangai power since quincy zangetsu revealed he was bullshitting ichigo and thus one could interpret it in a certain way. Point is h2 ichigo raped ulquiorra so his upper limit is hard to gauge.

I mean mullet aizrn intended to devour ichigo so he somewhat places value in him. I mean fkt ichigo could also feel his reiatsu.

In short i have no idea.

Yeah aizen does prolly expect ichigo to used a h2 esque form. Infact he did not even expect ichigo to have a zanpaktou attached to his arm like his chrysalis state did. The fact he intended to eat the fucker implied he did not consider h2 to atleast meet his mullet form.

25. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

> Literally got no diffed twice
    > Needed help from Aizen or Uryu to do anything
    > Needed Yhwach's powers turned off completely to be able to actually kill him

Strange definition of making someone your bitch unless you meant it the other way around. :lmao

Maybe if he'd actually focused on learning Quincy techniques, he'd have developed some Schrift like ability that would have neutralised Yhwach's hax. Considering that was what he actually needed, all the raw power in the world is utterly useless if your opponent can just bring himself back to life endlessly. Even if Yhwach couldn't break his Bankai, or if Ichigo came at him with literally everything, it wouldn't have mattered.

26. MShadows Deathbat

Hmm, tbh I consider H2 Ichigo stronger than all of the Espada.

IMO R2 Ulquiorra is the strongest Espada and H2 Ichigo casualty stomped him at 50% power. That's crazy!

For Aizen to have been expecting that form to be the end of Ichigo's evolution, as well as planning to devour him after undergoing his Hyogoku metamorphosis I'd say a fresh H2 is at least Senior Captain tier.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  27. Millón Vasto Damn, I'm even thiccer then Jiren!

I kinda think h2 is atleast senior captain tier 2.

I mean he has white alone was edging out isshin who actually released engetsu in full.

Databook unequivobly states yammy is the strongest and that he doesnt care about the espada. He only respects ulquiorra because of his power this leads me to believe r2 ulquiorra>espada bar yammy.

But yeah h2 is hard to place.

28. MShadows Deathbat

Yhwach had the bullshit hax, of course. But the fact that a severely weakened Bankai Ichigo could still kill a Soul King empowered Yhwach with just one Getsuga Tenshou is nothing short of amazing.

If it weren't for the retardedly stupid Almighty that allowed him to bullshit his way back to life it would've been over right there :lmao

29. Adamant soul Well-Known Member

He put "Everything into that one swing" according to the manga so it wasn't a simple Getsuga Tenshou. Nevertheless he would never would have landed the hit in the first place if not for Aizen.

Still think he should have gotten a Schrift/Vollstanding instead of just getting a new Shikai/Bankai. He used Blut Vene to block Yhwach so I thought Kubo was going the route where it would take a Quincy to kill him (technically it did but the arrow of plot was complete bullshit).

30. Xhominid The Avaricious

Come on, atleast remember reading Bleach rather than talking nonsense, especially since as stated Yhwach only made Ichigo his bitch due to the Almighty, not through his own strength. He even admitted he had to do what he did because his Bankai posed such a threat to him he had to do that.

It didn't matter if he put everything into it if he was still able to kill Soul King Yhwach with it despite only having his Shinigami powers at all. And all Aizen did was lead Yhwach into confusion again because Almighty is one BS power that can't just be powered through.