• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

MCU The Falcon and The Winter Soldier (Disney+)

Skaddix

I do love how Marvel can get away with Retcons and no one gets mad.

Nothing to suggest he was a Baron the last time we saw him in Civil War.

Also seem to be getting thunderbolts setup or Dark Avengers for the name brand.

Got Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk) as the logistics, Baron Zemo as the Strategist/Tactician Field Commander, got Yelena as Black Widow so Assassin, got Taskmaster as your jack of all trades....maybe Ghost as your Hacker/Stealth type, Hammer if you want a tech/iron man type, abomination if you want muscle but not Ross as Red Hulk...stretch for a Baron Mordo or Agatha if you need a Spellcaster.

Fleet Admiral Akainu

It's not about whether it's bad or not. It's literally not a retcon because that's not what a retcon means.

well he was listed as a black ops mercenary in civil war when tony did his background check

and it certainly would have been more difficult for him to impersonate a doctor if he was a famous rich guy

retcon or asspull, the baron thing really is out of nowhere story wise

Skaddix

I really dont care about the distinction between retcon or asspull that much not really relevant to my point. Call it what you want, the point is nothing to suggest he was a Baron before this series. However, I dont mind the change.

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
It's just funny because when he was telling the story about how his family was killed, I imagined them in a dirty kitchen hiding under a table or something.

But here he is with his own jet and collection of classic cars. Dressed better than he ever did in Civil war.

:lmao

~Gesy~

Freshly drenched in coochie water
I also thought his story was satire about how big corporations overlook the lives they may have destroyed in their day to day operations ...lives of the less privileged.

But now I have to look at it a little differently .

Vagueness

I'm not sure why you would have that interpretation in the first place. Zemo's story was never about class warfare or whatever you mean. It was about the dangers of unchecked hero worship and the pointless cycle of revenge.

Unicornsilovethem

They're so fluffy!
A few too many convenient things in this episode for me to enjoy it. Zemo was an intelligence officer last time we saw him. Now he is not just very rich (dude just broke out of prison, why is nobody keeping lookout on his private plane?), but he is also a lifestyle criminal who knows the ins and outs of Convenient Criminal Hideout. He knows exactly who they need to talk to, and gets a meeting in a minute. Sharon jumps in at the very last second that they need her, and surprise, she also knows exactly where to go. The scientist needs only a nudge before he tells them his entire life story. And it turns out the scientist only became associated with Convenient Criminal Hideout a few months ago, so Zemo either 1) definitely could not have known to look there, or 2) his high-tech isolation cell came with a TV hooked to Convenient Criminal News Network.

I'm not even mad they made a joke of how they broke Zemo out of prison, "oh, and.. it's already done". But Bucky did it on his own. The Winter Soldier broke Zemo out of prison. A single inconvenient witness or camera and the guy's pardon is gone forever.

I do love how Marvel can get away with Retcons and no one gets mad.

Nothing to suggest he was a Baron the last time we saw him in Civil War.

Also seem to be getting thunderbolts setup or Dark Avengers for the name brand.

Got Thunderbolt Ross (Red Hulk) as the logistics, Baron Zemo as the Strategist/Tactician Field Commander, got Yelena as Black Widow so Assassin, got Taskmaster as your jack of all trades....maybe Ghost as your Hacker/Stealth type, Hammer if you want a tech/iron man type, abomination if you want muscle but not Ross as Red Hulk...stretch for a Baron Mordo or Agatha if you need a Spellcaster.
His name is literally Baron Zemo.

Fleet Admiral Akainu

I'm not even mad they made a joke of how they broke Zemo out of prison, "oh, and.. it's already done". But Bucky did it on his own. The Winter Soldier broke Zemo out of prison. A single inconvenient witness or camera and the guy's pardon is gone forever.

to be fair... its not like bucky doesnt have 70 yrs of experience being a ghost while completing missions of this nature

Fleet Admiral Akainu

From a camera on a dirt road in the 90s before the interwebs, with several hours before anyone realized something was wrong. Not from a max security prison.
but that doesn't mean he's gonna get caught tho

>off the grid for 2 yrs unable to be tracked by sam, steve, and nat with the world's security council labelling him a myth for 70 years
>prison security cameras will be his undoing

Jake CENA

BAH GAWD KING, IT'S JAKE CENA!!
MCU maybe has a different definition of the word "rich"

Tony Stark is rich since he has a way higher net worth than Baron Zemo and the latter classify himself as poor lol

wibisana

still newbie
in civil war we are suppose to feel sorry to zemo.feel relatable

but him being rich AF like that i cant relate despite him losing family in Sokovia.

but overall i dont mind, since i dont plan to watch civilwar again

David

an accident
This keeps getting better. Episode 4 was uncharacteristically brutal, and the brutality was well-used. Wyatt Russell put on a pretty solid performance as Walker. Also loved how epic the Dora Milaje were.

Spoiler:
It was great seeing them put Walker in his place.

Cardboard Tube Knight

Fatality....

Reminds me of Joker all it takes is one bad day and Walker had one very bad day.
Nah, the man wasn't alright from the start. I actually rewatched the other episodes and there's these moments when you can tell he isn't right and he is just fighting with something inside. It's in the camera angles, shot composition, music, and sound design in those moments too. I think on the first watch through I thought I imagined them but watching them right before this it's 100% apparent.

Skaddix

Nah, the man wasn't alright from the start. I actually rewatched the other episodes and there's these moments when you can tell he isn't right and he is just fighting with something inside. It's in the camera angles, shot composition, music, and sound design in those moments too. I think on the first watch through I thought I imagined them but watching them right before this it's 100% apparent.

Fair enough whatever they did in Afghanistan probably fucked him up.

Top Bottom