1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Festivus Godzilla FC!! (Monster of Monsters)

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by MartialHorror, Apr 23, 2005.

1. MartialHorror

WELCOME EVERYBODY TO THE OFFICIAL GFC!!

And no the GFC does not stand for General's Fried Chicken (Undercover B. joke) it's the GODZILA FC foo. Or in Japan they like to call us the GOJIRA FC.
    This FC is for anyone who enjoys watching Godzilla or Daikiaju eiga (giant monster movies) in general or would like to know more about Godzilla and think he seems cool. He is King of the monsters.

Ive been a fan since I was 10 months and collected all of the movies at a young age. There's currently 28 japanaese Godzilla films with the most recent having come out in December. We can use this place to discuss Godzilla and other giant monster matchups etc.

Owner:
    1. MartialHorror

Founder:
    1. DrunkenYoshimaster

Co-Moderators:
    1. ANBUWOLF
    2. BushidoPunk
    3. clockwork
    4. Blu Tullip
    5. Ryuujin

Members:
    1. UltraSynapticSeizureNinja
    2. minou
    3. Mecha-Kisame
    4. Gooba
    5. superman_1 (formerly known as brownboyd)
    6. Donkey Show (occasionally known as Donald Sutherland )
    7. suPMah
    8. michaelbirotte
    9. Cava
    10. mosquito
    11. Teijin
    12. Sakura276
    13. FEFFRock
    14. g0dzi11a
    15. Anbu Jake
    16. anime_freak
    17. xXGaaraXx
    18. 5th_gene_godzilla
    19. Reznor
    20. Stabbo
    21. Tsukuyomi
    22. skmt999
    23. Kage_Kama
    24. theoneandonly
    25. hinata_kirei
    26. anime606
    27. evrangel7
    28. Batanga
    29. azn_sephiroth
    30. king gidorah
    31. Chamcham Trigger
    32. Lain Iwakura
    33. Chidori Toad
    34. Ghidra
    35. gaara_92
    36. Dragon8
    37. Kisame-sama
    38. Sasuke Sharingan

39. Cynycyl

I've made a couple crappy banners with my paint skills, but theres lots of great Godzilla images online so feel free to make more. Also my webspace is limited so please make an account here to host them yourself (well Ill just link them since I can only post 4 images a post):
    or

Well here's some better FC Banners from the mods. First is by BushidoPunk. Second is by clockwork. Third is Blu Tullip's. Fourth is by Ryuujin. Host these on your own too.

Also go here to see some Godzilla music vids I made back before I got to college and had free time. Theyre pretty cool, and I tried to do drastically different music in each (everyone else there has cool ones too but they have more and ussually much larger filesized ones so if you dl theirs besides Rogues dont do more than 2 a day since youll overload the server):
    Link removed Let me know what you think

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Mecha-Kisame

Godzilla ... one of my child-hood heroes. I'll never forget Godzilla VS Gigan, the one where they actually talk. "Anguiris!"

3. Viciousness

Lol yeah, those 70s godzilla flicks were wacky, but GvsGigan is one of my favorites. The japanese version didnt have the Kaiju voices dubbed over but instead put up bubbles next to them when they roared with the text in japanese like in a comic as the alien tape translated their speech.

We could always use more members who are familiar with the films :) . So howd you like to join?

4. Mecha-Kisame

They didn't actually talk in the original version? That's depressing, I always wondered what they would have sounded like.

Of course I'll join!

5. Viciousness

^lol, yeah all you hear is that recorded sound that is what plays under the english voiceover and sounds like a cassete tape rewinding, then you see a word bubble with japanese text pop up. But the English version was really funny "Angilas, something funny's going on, you'd better check!" "OK!" and in the jp one they just wrote OK in english.

Thanks for joining and congrats on post 300. Hopefully more people will come soon.

6. Gooba

Hellz yea I am in. Godzilla>Kyuubi

7. Viciousness

^agreed. Theres been alot of Godzilla vs threads lately. Id personally like to see Monster Island vs the Bijyuu's. Or maybe Godzilla vs the Akatsuki Creature that absorbs them perhaps.. And congrats on post 1200..strange people keep joining here on their multiple of 300th post.

8. BushidoPunk

Sweet Jesus nailed to a piece of 2x4, yes! This is the FC I've been waiting for.

I've been a hardcore Godzilla fan since I was in elementry school, hardcore! I've seen all the Godzilla movies and he is the mother fuckin' shit.

Sign me up!

9. superman_1

sure i will join.......but i like the new godzilla they had in the godzilla movie in 2000 or 2001.... the old godzilla from japanese movie looks very cheap and is that much fav of mine..... i like the godzilla that was in hollywood movie..... n e ways...since this fc is about godzilla ....i will join........

10. Viciousness

Cool, you seem to be pretty knowledgable. Dont run into many others hat have been hardcore fans for so long. Im a steelers fan too, lol. Howd you like to be another co owner?

and welcome brownboyd, I think the movie youre talking about is Godzilla 2000 since it came to the states in 2000. I personally have a soft spot for the older films and feel like alot of them are classics. But I can definately understand if you didnt grow up with them preffering the newer ones. The US one really didnt feel like Godzilla to me since he ran from danger and was killed by missiles. But the CGI was excellent. He is in the latest Godzilla movie too breifly as alien controlled monster attacking Australia. The real Godzilla shows up and thrashes him. Its pretty cool.

11. Viciousness

Yeah. Godzilla Final Wars. Ive seen it raw after getting it off IRC. you can find it in #sfx-japan on irc.rizon.net . They said it will be the last for 5-10 years in Japan, though there were rumours of an Imax Godzilla vs Hedorah (the smog monster) being directed in the US by Banno who directed the first GvH in 1971. welcome to the club!

12. clockwork

SNAP FOOL! I love Godzilla! I'm in!

13. MartialHorror

When is Final Wars coming to U.S? and I dont mind spoilers! What monsters are there!? Please tell me!!! I also here it has a pretty big budget for G-movie.

Out of all the other recent G-movies, I havent cared for any except the Godzilla Vs Gedorah Vs Mothera or whatever. Great special effects and action. Even some surprising plot turns

14. Viciousness

Welcome clockwork, Thanks for joining!

Well theres alot in this one. You can see stuff from it at this website
    The kaiju in it are Godzilla of course, Manda, Gigan, Ebirah, Mothra, Rodan, Angilas (Anguirus), American Godzilla, Kamakiras (Gimantis), Kumonga (Speiga), King Shisa (King Seesar), Minilla (Minya), Hedorah, and Monster X.
    also
    Spoiler:
    Kaiser Ghidorah which is supposed to be final form of Monster X, and is basically King Ghidorah with 4 legs

Hope I didnt forget any. Also the Planet Xians (Xillians), and the Goten-go (Atragon) play a large role in the film. I assume it will be out in the US sometime thie winter. Not sure if theyll do dvd, theatre or what for a release.

15. minou

^ thanks yoshi for the pm

yeah hope they will do dvd

16. MartialHorror

So the American Godzilla is really in it? Wow. Main villain or just a small scene?

17. Viciousness

Youre welcome minou! Im glad you could make it.

Just a small scene, he's done in cgi and it looks really good. He and manda are the only kaiju done in mostly cgi. And I really like the lighting he's given for his first appearance in Sydney. When the real Godzilla show up though he doesnt last long. THe main villains are Gigan and Monster X.
    Well Im going to bed then Ive got a 16 page paper due monday so I might not be back for a minute. But please feel free to join and put the banner in your sig. Just leave a post here and Ill add you sometime mid week when I return.
    Thanks for joining everyone so far, I guess that makes 10 of us in one night.

18. Donkey Show

You realize since he is one of your childhood heroes, I'm going to have to ride him now... :oh :laugh

Lemme in. ^^ Gojira all the way!

19. suPMah

count me in!
    i mean who can forget the animated "godzilla and son" that was on cartoon network -_-'
    but seriously, he's probably the most kickass film-monster ever (except an even more awesome monster from a weird korean movie from the 70's (a round object with a large mouth that ran around and made a weird noise while attacking the hero with arms made of slinkies :D))

20. Donkey Show

Ugh... Gozilla and son... >.<

21. Viciousness

Welcome guys. Glad you could make it.

lol, suPMah. I think you mean the old 70's hanna barbera Godzilla cartoon. I dont think Godzookie was his son, more like a distant relative. But yeah it had a pretty memorable op, and one of the first multiracial casts in a cartoon, after Johnny Quest.
    Can't think of which Korean film youre talking about. There is this really funny one called APE, where the monster i pretty cheap looking, flicks off the Camera and does alot of crazy things while this american businessman curses every 5 seconds.

22. BushidoPunk

I remember watching a couple of the Godzilla cartoon episodes. Man, were those strange or what?

23. BushidoPunk

Caption: That's right, bitch! Who's your daddy?

24. Viciousness

^lmao! Even though Angilas and Gigan are like my second favorite kaiju. That was such a cool animalistic battle.
    Anyway Im out for the weekend, huge paper to finish. The co-mods are in charge anyone who wants to join can leave their name and Ill add you later. Also for working on our next banner clockwork is also a co-mod. I like the idea of having 3.
    And then there were 12.

25. RaitoRyuukashin

Ima Join and my Favorite besides godzilla is Rodan.

26. Cava

OMFG I LIKE GODZILLA TOO!! OMFG I DON'T BELIEVE NARUTOFANS LIKE GODZILLA! OMG OMG!! DRUNKENYOSHIMASTER YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok when i first saw your avatar it was gigan and i was like, woah someone likes godzilla but i thought only 1 person but now there're so many ppl i'm like wow. :laugh can you send me final wars?? i wanna watch!!!!! btw i REALLY liked the heisei(1984-1995) and the alternate universe series(2000-2005). i didn't like the original godzilla series lol, it was kinda corny.. the suits were crappy. BUT, the new godzilla vs mechagodzilla vs mothra WAS REALLY COOL, i haven't got to catch it, but i saw godzilla vs mechagodzilla already. AHH I'M SUCH A BIG FAN OF GODZILLA!!! I LIKE WATCH IT SINCE AGE 7?!!!! and my favourite monster is king gaidorah, yea :amuse .

things i really liked about godzilla:
    1) the 3 ways battle which sometimes they can make it so cool with- like GMK. (godzilla vs mothra vs king gaidorah) (2002)

2) the new mechagodzilla (kiryu) suit. i love it. and the scene with kiryu flying right into godzilla, sending him flying lol.(2003)

3) orga, he's menacing and growls in a sexy voice. (2000)

4) megaguirus flying from the sky like a phoenix burst with flames, hell nice scene (2001)

5) like, wdf? OF COURSE GODZILLA! THE LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and thanks again drunkenyoshimaster for making this FC.

27. BushidoPunk

Michael and Cava, you guys are in.

By the way my big green lizard fans, I have made a banner for our beast of an FC.

If you want to use it, go ahead. If not, then I shall weep forever :crying

28. HollowDreamer

come on people u know godzilla rocks and is king of the monsters join people

29. BushidoPunk

Godzilla r0xx0rs my b0xx0rs.

30. HollowDreamer