1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

The Fighting Game FC

Discussion in 'General Fanclubs' started by Omega id, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Join this FC if you enjoy what is probably the only genre of gaming out there that truly test your skills and reflexes against other players. This is for commercial games only (meaning, no Mugen related games).

The Fighting Game FC

Refer to this Wiki page for an in depth summary on Fighting Games:

The main purpose for this FC is to get people into the fighting game genre and possibly get those people to grow a sort of enthused interest in the genre (possibly taking it to levels of competitive gaming). So even if you are not into fighting games but are interested in learning more or how to get better at them at a high-level, this is the place to be...

Members:
    1. Omega id (Founder)
      King of Fighters XI | Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike | Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
    2. Chamcham Trigger (Co-Owner)
      Guilty Gear XX | Samurai Shodown 4 Special | Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike
    3. Final_Ultima (Co-Owner)
      Guilty Gear XX Accent Core | Hokuto No Ken | Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike
    4. gesy hyuga
      Dead or Alive | Mortal Kombat | Street Fighter
    5. orochiwonka
      King of Fighters '98 | Real Bout - Fatal Fury 2 | Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike
    6. Duy Nguyen
      Capcom vs. SNK 2 | Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike | Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo
    7. Lucifer the Light-bearer
      Guilty Gear XX #Reload | Super Smash Bros. Melee | Soul Calibur 2
    8. Kyuubi Naruto
      Street Fighter Alpha 3 | Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo | Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection
    9. itoikenza
      Street Fighter Alpha 3 | Soul Calibur 1 | Tekken 3
    10. Violent-nin
      Mortal Kombat | Street Fighter | Super Smash Bros. Melee
    11. Tristis
      Soul Calibur 3 | Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection | Virtua Figher 5
    12. Blood Riot
      Capcom vs. SNK 2 | Garou: Mark of the Wolves | Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
    13. Qrαhms
      Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection | Soul Calibur 3
    14. Ichiro Miyata
      Mortal Kombat Series | Soul Calibur 3 | Marvel vs. Capcom Series
    15. God Enel
      Super Smash Bros. Series | Guilty Gear XX Series | Street Fighter Series
    16. Tsukasa009
      Soul Calibur 3 | Tekken Tag Tournament | Virtua Fighter 5
    17. HEATAQUA
      Dark Stalker Series | Samurai Shodown Series | Super Smash Bros. Series
    18. Pika-chan
      Narutimate Series | Naruto GNT Series | Tekken 3

Latest News:
    *The following list will hold up to 10 updates, with latest news from top to bottom, oldest update will be removed after exceeding it's tenth position on the list.

10/17/07
    Spoiler: !!!STREET FIGHTER IV ANNOUNCED (Click for Teaser/Trailer)!!!

My brothers (and sisters?)... you can all look up at the sky, raise your fists and yell as hard as you can! A new age, prepare yourselves.

9/16/07
    Spoiler: !!!Exclusive Evolution 2007 combo videos available for download!!!

Four great combo videos exclusively shown in Evolution 2007 have now been released for download on web.

NKI Volume X - Super Turbo Shinanigans (28mb)
    here

Variable Atmosphere (319mb)
    Click here to view

Not Hardcore - Vid of Dreams (115mb)
    here

S?F Guile Exhibition (Evo2k7) (212mb)

So which ones are well worth seeing? All of them, especially the guile exhibition by Majestro's over @ SonicHurricane

9/15/07
    Spoiler: !!!New 3D Samurai Shodown game announced & KOFXII Scans + Info!!!
    Click here to view
    Click here to view
    Click here to view

This is pretty old news, but just incase anyone missed it. This is a few month old and no new updates have been made since

9/15/07
    Spoiler: !!!King of Fighters Maximum Impact 4 on Taito's Type X²!!!

***Thanks to SNK-Capcom.com

What happened to Maximum Impact 3? Did I miss something?

9/14/07
    Spoiler: !!!New Tekken 6 Match Videos on Youtube!!!

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 1 - Bob vs Ganryu

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 2 - King vs Jack-6

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 3 - Lee vs Julia

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 4 - Lee vs Kazuya

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 5 - Bob vs Kazuya

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 7 - Armor King vs Kazuya

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 9 - Bob vs Kazuya

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 10 - Miguel vs Bob

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 12 - Miguel vs Lei

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 13 - Heihachi vs Lei

# YT - 鉄拳6 NO 18 - Lili vs Xiaoyu
    ***Thanks to Kyuubi Naruto for this info

Rules:

-No Hentai/Yaoi.
    -No Hotlinking to large images (just links).
    -List Top #3 favorite commercial fighters before joining.

Banners/Tags:

Feel free to talk about Fighting Game Music, Characters, Art (fan or official) and anything else related to commercial fighters. Discuss indepth strategy, pass on tips and suggestions, post match and combo videos related to your favorite fighting game.

My life revolves around fighting games. I have committed a year worth of my life to mastering it various fighters from 2D to 3D, you may think I got no life but I make money this way ^_^; and competition is fun... getting my ass kicked just keeps me coming back for more...

Also, keep in mind I will be updating the first post with the latest fighting game related news, so its going to be a pretty big first post... I am hoping to get some help here (Ultima? Chamcham? if possible...).​

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
    Tags:
  2. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Joinage Please.
    Street Fighter 3
    Samurai Shodown
    Guilty Gear XX (subject to change real soon due to current version out >.>)

I guess I'll ask for coowner if you need one.

Spoiler:

3. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Hows that? :p You weren't specific on the Samurai Shodown game so I put Samurai Shodown. :p Though I am guessing your favorite one is 2 (or Tenka)... whichever one has Chamcham on it :p

4. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Tenka's a big let down. My favorite samurai shodown is between 2 and 4 special (the version that was only released on the play station). Both had Cham Cham in it, but 4 had the bonus of having Cham Cham AND Shizumaru who happen to be two of my favorite characters in the series. The only reason why I also fight with 2 as my favorite is because of the fact that Cham Cham was only playable in VS mode for 4 special. You couldn't use her in story or even practice mode, but that was a minor inconvenience considering that version of her was easily much better than her SS tenka version. Bah just put down 4 special.

Spoiler:

Click here to view
    Click here to view

5. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

You sure know your Samsho :D My favorite one is actually Samurai Shodown 2 (and always will be). I just like the roster and how it played, though I must admit I have grown attached to Rera (she is the only character I use in later Samsho's). Shizumaru is pretty cool too :D

6. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

joinage..co-own if possible

i love street fighter,dead or alive,mortal kombat,and soul caliber

7. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I always make sure to study the games I'm into as much as possible from game mechanics to the story of the game, to little facts and tidbits about the game's development :amuse.....yeah I kinda don't have many other hobbies :S. As for Samsho2's roster, you're definitely right about the roster. It was one of the best, though I've always liked the selection of characters in each game. The designs were always so good in their games. Even 6, with its kinda disappointing game play, had a good roster, though their roster consisted of pretty much ever y2d samsho character ever (besides the hand held versions) so it's kinda hard to go wrong with that.

Rera was okay, but since I don't like Nakoruru or Rimiruru (I don't know why I hate them, I just do like applejacks), I'm a bit turned off by Rera since Nako and Rera are pretty much the same person.

So what games are you interested in talking about atm?

8. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

gesy, sorry but I am only taking mods or admins as coowner cause I might need someone to help me edit first post when ever I am not around :p

Also, of the four games you listed, please choose 3.

@Chamcham

I was going to bring up that new 3D Samurai Shodown game, donno if you heard about it, but I am hoping to see Asura as well as Shiki on there. I uploaded scans a while back on my forum, check it out (Mostly KOFXII info):

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

OMG that site was yours? I'm actually a member there, but forgot the URL so I haven't been there in a loooooong time *bookmarks*

As for the new samsho game. I heard some rumors, but I don't know what to think about it since I doubt Cham Cham's gonna be in there. I figure if they add shizumaru then I can cope, but only time will tell how things turn out. I figure Asura and Shiki will be in it considering that Shiki's such a popular character (despite being in the 3D games) and Asura is quite important to Shiki's story. As for KOF 12, I'm really interested in this one due to wanting to know how the story turns out. As we know Iori was stripped of his power like Chizuru was in 2k3 I believe.

10. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Yeah, I run that site, at the moment I am trying to revive it (sent a bulk email to all the members) and I am going to start readvertising, lol. Anyway aside from that. I liked Asura in his 2D form (Neogeo Battle Coliseum) and I hope to see him in future 2D Samsho games (if ever).

I also wanna play shiki's daughter (forgot her name) but she is from way far into the future...

As for KOFXII, according to info its going to end the "Ash & Friends" saga... which makes me wonder if the new saga is going to introduce the "future" characters we all want to see (Kim Jae Hoon/Kim Donghwan & Rock Howard :p).

11. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I could never use Asura well in NGBC. I knew a few players who'd hand my ass to me with him though. I was a Mai and Kim player, with Fuma and Akari as my second team. There were so many fun characters in that game. It was pretty much what Capcom fighting evolution should've been....well not exactly, but almost. Oh and I think Shiki's daughter is named Mikoto, and Asura might be the father. I forgot.
    Yeah I pretty much knew this one would top it off because of my misconception that all of the sagas were trilogies (Kof 95-97, Kof 99-2k1. 94 isn't considered part of the Orochi saga for some odd reason, and 98, 2k2, and of course neowave are dream matches). Since Geese is still living in the KoF storyline unlike the AoF-FF storyline, I wonder how Rock would fit into things.

EDIT: wow my avy's still up on your site XD
    I gotta make a sig that won't kill people's internet there.

12. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

street fighter, mortal kombat..dead or alive:oh

13. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

KOF94 was kind of standalone (like the prologue to the series) where 95+ braught everything orochi related. I think the reason why its like that is because KOF was originally supposed to be like a brand new Fatal Fury game till SNK decided to make it an original series (or something along those lines). I forgot the whole story.

Anyway, although KOF is none-canon to the Fatal Fury time line there are many things that hint otherwise, mainly the introduction of some Fatal Fury characters in later KOF years which just so "coinsidentally" happens to be the same year as in the fatal fury games (year as in storywise). The one big contradiction are the AoF characters timeline, them being from the 70's yet not having aged a bit in the KOF series.

Although Mark of the Wolves and KoF storyline are entirely not related I still beleive its the same universe (and that SNK intends to at one point, eventually add more Fatal Fury characters to the KOF roster). Heck, Gato and B.Jennet were recently introduced, they are Mark of the Wolves characters and the MotW timeline is close to KOF's current timeline.

@Gesy

thanks, and I apologize for any inconvenience :p

14. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I see. I just figured that since Rugal was in 94...but now that you mention it, 95 is the game that actually really started bringing a story together. I still remember when 94 came out and I was all hyped about it, and then I saw Athena and Kensou in the game and laughed my ass off due to the fact that they're pretty much the oldest characters SNK has in that series. :laugh
    Well the thing is that KoF losely follows the AoF-FF story line, but merges them together in a sort of blur, so that Ryo and Terry would be in the same radius, because if they followed the actual timeline, Ryo would be much much older than Terry. In the end though, they still had the same basic story such as Geese killing Terry's father in both KoF and FF, as well as Ryo saving Yuri in the same fashion as AoF1. I guess they blurred it up because they figured people would focus more on the current storyline rather than anything else. In the end though, Geese presumably dies in FF, while he's alive and open about it in KoF even entering in the 96 competition, and also being influential to Billy Kane's story in each game he's in. I figure that the Mark of the wolf characters follow a similar storyline their respective game for simplicity sake, but I could be wrong.

Well it's a similar story, but a different universe when you think about it. The very fact that the AoF characters are not aged shows an alternate universe where the events of AoF and FF are parallel, but other than that fact and the Geese factor, KoF seems to follow every other side storyline that FF follows, so it's only natural that we'll see some Mark of the Wolf characters popping up. Same people just an alternate world, so the stories and everything else will be almost the same. Either way they're all valid story lines.

15. orochiwonka kukuku...chocolate

love fighting games, would definitely like to join. my favorite games(well, a few of my favorite games) are KOF 98, Real Bout Fatal fury 2 and street fighter 3 3rd strike. although I've been playing fighting games since the early 90's i've never been a really big hardcore competition player, so hopefully you guys can teach me alot.

16. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Thats my job, Orochiwonka. Those are some good choices. I myself am a fan of the Real Bout series (battle system is great) but not many people take it competitively, though Real Bout Fatal Fury matches do spring up once in a while on Go For Broke...

@Chamcham

Yeah thats pretty much how I see it (an alternate universe).

17. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I could give tips on bread and butter combos, and some tactics. I don't know if I could be as good of a coach as Omega Id here though. Seems he has knowledge of how to actually make combo videos to upload and whatnot. Oh and you picked some really great choices for fighters. KoF 98 is still my favorite of the King of fighters series with 2k2 as a close second favorite. I'm mostly a Joe, Mai and Leona player with Li Xangfei used as a substitute in the games she was available in. Third strike is my favorite fighting game...actually my second favorite game of all time I'm mostly a Ken/Makoto player though I know a bit with everyone. Real bout fatal Fury 2 is simply a masterpiece, though I must admit that I'm one of the people who never played it seriously like Omega said :(. In fatal fury games I'm usually a Mai/Joe player (except in Mark of the wolf when I had to switch to Hokutomaru), in Real bout FF2, I just had to become a Li Xangfei player. She was just too cool. Who do you like to use in the games you listed?

18. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

This is a side sight indeed... Here I thought a majority of the people that would join are at least Tekken players...

Oh well, in due time.

@Chamcham

In RBFF my main was also Li Xaingfei, followed by Rick Strowd(he is the reason why I love Vanessa in KOF) and the Mario-on-steroids-character - Franco Bash, as for her KOF introduction I liked her most in KOF'99.

Sadly, Franco Bash doesn't have a picture on his wikipage...

19. Duy Nguyen Turtlin'

I'm down and you all know what I like, teehee.

20. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Ok, so Capcom vs SNK2, Street Fighter 3 - 3rd Strike and Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo it is... welcome to the FC, Duy :p

21. orochiwonka kukuku...chocolate

In KoF 98 my mains are terry, kyo and yamazaki, though I sometimes like to mess around with heavy D! and lucky glauber, in RBFF2 i mostly use Andy and
    rick strowd, and in sf3 3rdstrike I use akuma, yang and remy. speaking of king of fighters 2k2, i've had that for a while but only recently started really getting into it, I'm trying to get good with vanessa but her lack of range is tough to get over when playing against mainstays like terry, ryo, kyo etc.

@Omega id: I've been a casual player of tekken ever since part 1 on playstation but I always felt like the movelist was a bit daunting, I also didn't really like how they changed jin's fighting style in 4. When it comes to 3D fighters I'm more of a DOA person myself, I just love it's countering system and how fast paced it is.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  22. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

KOF2k2 has a great battle system (though I still find myself playing KOFXI more).

Vanessa is great in 2k2 and KOFXI, she is always in my team in any KOF game that she is in. Do you know how to do custom combo's using activation in 2k2? Kyo & Vanessa have some pretty mean custom combo's. Vanessa's custom was pretty popular in 2k2, I think SNK saw this and decided to give her the ability to go in custom combo mode in KOFXI (next to Duo Lon she is the only other character with a Custom Combo activation super in the KOF series so far).

Angel is also a great character but you need slick and fast fingers to play her. She's another power house I love to play. Too bad she isn't in KOFXI (hopefully she will be in KOFXII).

Well the reason why they changed Jin's fighting style was to make him more original, after all they brought back Kazuya, and in 5 Asuka kind of replaces Jun.

Some of his old moves are still there though and the change IMO were for the better.

As much as I do prefer 2D Fighting Games, I gotta admit Tekken (5) is the bost balanced fighter I've played. The tier list in Tekken is basically determine by who has the easiest time winning, anyone using any tier character can win in Tekken 5 so long as they know what to and what not to do. In a way your chances of winning a match are just that... chance, not luck. Though you gotta learn the characters thoroughly... its why I've been more attracted to Tekken recently.

I like DoA, but the only thing I disapprove about that game is how you can cancel nearly any stun animation into a counter. You can also counter while your in the middle of a string... thats like saying Terry can power geyser you while he is in the middle of a ground combo... and counters in DoA do a lot of damage.

@Chamcham: BBB endings-
    Link removed

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  23. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

24. Final Ultima Branding Breach

I don't know. Last time I checked, Tekken 5 was fairly balanced, but by no means the most balanced fighter I've played. Although, if you're refering to Dark Resurrection or something, I have very little experience with it, so I can't judge.

P.S. I demand a special position in the FC. XD

25. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

CoOwner-ship next to Cham :p nuff said...

Random Subject:

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat - Ken vs Raiden

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat 2 - Ryu vs. Scorpion

Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat 3 - Chameleon vs Akuma
    Book info

3 picks up from where 2 left off, Part 1 and 2 got nothing to do with each other.

Also, before I add you Ultima, you gotta gimme your Top#3 fighting games :p

26. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Edit: Sorry double posted again (last night the forum was refusing to post my messages =/ I got annoyed).

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  27. Final Ultima Branding Breach

I thought you knew already, but fine. Guilty Gear XX /\Core, Hokuto no Ken and 3rd Strike.

The Street Fighter vs Mortal Kombat series is an entertaining watch. Shin Akuma Level 2 and the use of the Proton Cannon in the third one is just silliness though. XD

28. Omega id 究極幻&#2481

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  29. Final Ultima Branding Breach

30. i luv blue I LUV BLUE