1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

[DC] The Flash [CW] | Not the saviour of the universe - Part 4

Discussion in 'Comic Book Theatre' started by R3ZSN0R3, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    That was a fun episode. I felt bad at laughing every time Ralph got in contact with the acid because he was in pain but the way he screamed about it made it too hilarious.

His new suit is better but I hope they don't forget he's got 2 more that resemble more his canon look.

They should get Mark Hamill next time so that it's a full Trickster family reunion.

The way they're making Caitlin switch into Killer Frost is becoming quite a running gag. Noticed how they brought back that throwaway name from S1 of her highschool bully that messed with her and that was how they got her to switch.

Barry's scenes in prison were cool, specially this one.

I don't wanna distrust of Goldberg's Dave/Big Sir but after seeing how DeVoe kept his eyes on Barry and co. all along with the Samuroid's chip at STAR Labs and also in Barry and Iris' loft the week before they married and how he went through all the trouble of designing a speed barrier cell (not even to imprison him forever but just so that he wouldn't be able to rescue Caitlin from Amunet) that I doubt he'd just settle for having him locked up in Iron Heights' non-metahuman wing and without knowing what he's up to. Dave/Big Sir could just have an elaborated story to make him earn his trust...I guess that next week will provide answers.

And that girl has to be Dawn Allen. I'm beginning to wonder if she might be the one thing that DeVoe and his chain of possible prediction events couldn't foreshadow. She and the Speed Force "symbols".

2. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

Maybe it is, say, DeVoe, who is testing his new mind reading powers from Dominic by something like focusing it on a shared channel with such an infant creature through Cecile in order to keep tabs on them and also measure the extend of his powers for whatever it is that he wants to accomplish with the "Enlightenment"?

And yeah Bulbasaur is very cute now that I think on it. :thunk

3. Amol Chief of Wisdom

Oh Barry for a forensic expert you are such an idiot.
    How could you have missed such a obvious camera!
    On that note,
    BARRY RAN TO FREAKING CHINA TO AND FRO IN JUST ONE SECOND.
    Holy shit that is like 11640km distance. So double it as Barry also made back to Central City 23/24 thousands kilometers per second.
    That is very very fast.
    And yet he still got caught on camera.
    What kind of camera was that?

4. Gunners .

In a few episodes they will be talking about him having to achieve mach 5.

5. Indra I can't stop eating

Enjoying the season so far. It's light, but average.

Hoping for it to get more serious. I don't really care for that terrible actress playing the metal villain, horrible accent too.

6. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

We have no idea how long those cameras idle at the far end of their rotations. He just had to make it there and back before the camera made half a rotation. I low-balled it at 5 seconds. That puts him at 1.3k times the speed of sound. This is still just a guess. I'd have to go in, frame-by-frame, and get the rotation speed off the cameras in order to get a more accurate time frame.

Edit

When Barry phased his hand through the glass to grab Iris' hand, the two have them had like 20 seconds to stare forlornly at one another.

Edit edit

On the other hand, Barry does wait several seconds after the camera stops before he leaves his cell. And we know that another second or two passes in real time after that because we see Big Sir rolls over in his sleep before Barry snatches him up. Still probably closer to 5-10 seconds :hm

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  7. The World KATTA

Still doesn't change the fact that there should be no way those cameras can pick him up :lmao

8. The World KATTA

leaves obnoxious lightning glare on photos :goose

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Linkdarkside Ninja of the West

Poor Barry, so much for no good deed goes unpunished.

the episode also malked the first time Barry used his superspeed to go to another country.

10. Sloth Enchanting your damage.

Not quite. He ran to Nanda Parbat in an apisode of Arrow. Somewhere vaguely middle eastern.

There may have also been hints in the show that imply he has gone international off-screen. Maybe not, though. :hm

11. IchijiNijiSanji Well-Known Member

I think I vaguely remember him either taking iris to or bringing her food from paris in the show

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Ruse Anker

England
    I haven’t watched since like the first episode, is it better than last season?

13. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    Liked the past references to the previous security breaches Mercury Labs underwent before it got raided again.

Dwarfstar's powers were well handled, very cool effects too and I liked how he carried with him anything that could be used as a weapon just by supersizing it again just by grabbing it and how he also could do it by beaming his power into any object from a distance. That must be what it'd be like to have something like the Pym Particles in the palm of your hand.

Lol'ed at the way Iris accurately summed up Season 3's plot when Cisco and Ralph were in the 3D model from last Season.

I'll miss Big Sir, it's amazing how quickly they got us to care for his character and the well written friendship with Barry. Goldberg played him well. And what he told Barry about how thanks to him he was reminded what feeling hope felt like reminded me of what Henry and Joe and everyone has said before, that Flash is here to give the city hope. So even when behind bars he still saved the day for one guy. Plus Big Sir is smart so by default he no knows Barry is Flash but the secret will be kept with him now that he is living with monks.

Warden Wolfe at the end of this might end up either fired and locked up, point is someone else will have to handle the prison's wings, the metahuman one esp. And IIRC the future showed that it was Julian who was handling it so, food for thought.

14. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
  15. Amol Chief of Wisdom

DeVoe has been mind raping his own wife into loving him ?
    I did not see that coming.
    And Power of Luck Too Strong.
    nerf please.

16. The World KATTA

17. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    So these two did a short film. :awesome

18. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

The Fiddler is the 2nd character they have genderbent after Top. But unlike the latter this one still uses the fiddler as a main weapon.

Now how do her powers mix in with DeVoe's bus metahuman recipe soup?

Anyway, the next episodes' synopsis and titles up to 4x20.

19. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

You were right @Amol the good luck charm powers + the other ones is too strong.

20. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Every superhero show gotta have a "what if my girlfriend had my powers" episode.

21. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    Just one hour left but:

Problems in paradise. Yikes.

No wonder an upcoming ep is called "Losing Yourself".

22. Amol Chief of Wisdom

I expected at least one kiss from Villain duo.
    So disappointed.
    Anyway, I kinda didn't like how Flash and Dibny just stood their while Devoe was taking over Fiddler. I don't care if it was futile effort, they should have at least tried. How would they know what works against those force field if they never tried to penetrate them every time they encounter it?
    I don't like my heroes when they don't bother to 'try'.
    And I still have no idea what could possibly be Devoe's plan. What can he accomplish when he gathers power of all those metas?
    I doubt it is something in the line of world domination. He wants to 'enlighten' the world whatever it means.
    Maybe Global level mind control?
    or turning humanity into A Hive mind?
    But dunno why he needs those specific powers for that.
    At least this season has respectable mystery unlike previous ones.

23. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    I liked that even though Barry is a free man now that does not mean everything's back to normal, he can't practice his job until all of the city and there's undeniable evidence that DeVoe is truly alive. That feels like things will come to a head and the city will find out that DeVoe is The Thinker and responsible for the events ever since that bus.

DeVoe is just too haxxed. Bad luck charm to cut Izzy's strings, brain aneurysm from Dominic to stop Barry, casually rezising a junkbox and throwing it like Dwarfstar and Kilg%re's ability > the proto Cerebro Inhibitor. Once Harry calms down he needs to fix that and make it stronger.

I wonder why and how DeVoe is able to sense when Cisco is vibing. Something similar happened when he was trying to find his lair in 4x09 and he ended up getting hit as well. Probably it is all related to the pocket dimensions which was a neat discovery.

TBH Izzy's body won't last longer either. Every body he swaps eventually wears off because his consciousness still carries his super meta human brain and limitless thought with it. At this pace they might actually go and make him develop or end up in a A.I. body just like in the comics, that body won't exert any energy and he will be able to do anything. Worse, he would be even more untouchable than ever.

Poor Ralph, that scene as Izzy was being brainwashed (literally) was sad. She made for a good potential Fiddler. At least we know they can pull off those skills with a fiddler and it can still look cool.

Nice to see that Fallout was included in the bus meta list of his. Although he in particular doesn't have his powers yet. Just like he doesn't with the Weepers. Unless they just are subjects that he was hoping for to get.

The final scene with Barry and Ralph was nice.

24. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru
    Pics of the next ep. Featuring the Flash Family.

25. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

Flashtime 101.

26. Amol Chief of Wisdom

It is a great concept.
    Tbh they should use FlashTime to battle Devoe.

27. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

:dead

The episode managed to land the right emotional beats as well, Killer Frost's "don't let anything happen to Caity" was brief but very soft from her.

And the final scene between Harry and Jesse has to one of the most touching so far of S4. Her mother's words are the exact same that Earth-1 Tess Morgan said to the original Harrison Wells.

Jay's retiring...maybe he will settle down in Earth-1 once he's done training "her" to take over Earth-3. (TBH it was weirdly worded so it could be either a man or woman)

Mystery Girl has interacted with pretty much everyone so far except Joe and Iris. Could be Dawn, could be Irey West Allen (the daugther of Wally actually) or Jenni Ognats/XS but in all likelyhood it gotta be Barry and Iris' daughter so Dawn has the most chances. Her purpose still remains as much as a mystery like DeVoe's plans.

28. Sennin of Hardwork Tales to Astonish Moderator

Peru

So Melting Point transfers meta powers from one metahuman to a normal human, that is the thing in it as far as I can tell and he did not just made Barry changed them with Iris but someone else called "Fry", with fire powers, with another normal person. (It seems the team already knows who this Fry is as well)

And they made a somber note on how even more OP DeVoe could get if he gets Melting Point's powers. But like I have been saying for the last couple of weeks, at some point one of these metas could end up being a huge problem to DeVoe. This one could be it if they play their cards well.

It also kinda makes sense why the rest won't try to get involved. They could run the risk of all getting their powers extracted.

Harry's Thinking Cap is pretty impressive. Pretty curious where this is gonna go.

And a preview of where Iris and the rest of the Season will go

29. The World KATTA

i don't know what you're talmbout; Barry's trapped in the speed force, Oliver died on Lian Yu and Black Lightning is a myth.