1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

Voting for the first Konoha Country Club Poetry Competition is live!

Please check out the Entries here.

Place your votes in the 1st Choice Vote thread here and the 2nd Choice Vote thread here.

-- NarutoForums Staff

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

the glorious lebanese army kills civillians on purpose.

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by The_Unforgiven, Jun 2, 2007.

1. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

This is the picture of my dad's cousin. He was killed by the lebanese army on purpose when he was trying to run away from nahr el bared camp. The whole story is a tragedy, and you do need tissue paper. This is the story told by his 13 yo son:

On the tuseday in the same week the army attacked the camp, people started running away when they heared there was a truce between the army and the militants. So my dad's cousin " Alhaj Nayef" who works as a bus driver took his bus and filled it up with people from the neighbourhood and decided to go out. After the place where you leave the camp, a couple of armed men in civillian clothes told him don't go in this street, this one is more safe. So when he went to the one they told him to, they started shooting at the bus. NAyef stopped and got out to see what happened. when he got out, men from the army came and shot at him, and he got a bullet in his head. When he was dying they started beating him up with their guns and kicking him with their feet. when he knew he was about to die, he said " I bear witness that there is no god but Allah" and then one of the army spat at him. Then they took his son and another man out of the bus and accused them of being with the militants. remember, the bus had about 40 women and his son and 2 other men. when one of the men resisted, they killed his pregnant wife in front of him. Then they took the 2 men and his son to an army base and started torturing them with electricity and beating them up like hell. After 2 days, they released them and they were all bruised like shit. Remember his son is only 13. Heck he doesnt even have hair on his face. At his funeral, he told the story as he saw it to a press member who said that he will publish the story and make sure the army men that did this get punished.

This man used to own a falafel store. I used to go there like naruto goes to Ichiraku's . His name is " Abu suleiman bhar". He was killed by accident.
    LOL CLASSIC UCHIHA SOMEONE MAKE PIC NOW

So unless the army gets a good exuse for killing these people, they are gonna stay criminals IMO

Tags:
  2. GrimaH Absurdist

I remember you posted a thread about this in the plaza.
    What the fuck, that's brutal and senseless.

3. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

If there was no religion (Islam or whatever), these fucking extremists wouldn't be at war.

4. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

5. GrimaH Absurdist

Fuck you, you asscunt, coming in here to flamebait in this situation.

6. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

Don't give in to the trolls. Just neg rep instead.

8. sel Agatha, This is Magnus

Hamoodi thats just too sad T_T

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi raji'un

9. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

10. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

I'm serious. If there was no religion, these people wouldn't be trying to murder each other, at least in my opinion. Sorry if I offended any of you.

On topic: It's very sad. That picture made me cringe. :(

11. GrimaH Absurdist

Wait, has this made it to the major news websites?

@Schenkel: You could have done so much better than post in a thread by a Muslim denouncing a show of violence that religions like Islam start wars. Don't do that again.
    That said, I shouldn't have burst like that.

12. The Fireball Kid Respect the Mustache

I don't think so. I looked up "Lebanese army kills civilians", but other stories came up.

13. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

I don't think you'll find it in an english website. Afterall the lebanese are more drawn towards the frensh.

14. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Though, the situation still looks like a mess, I don't really get WTF is happening and why ? Here are some questions :

- who provoked who ?
    - who are those "Fatah Al Islam" guys ? Are they even palestinians ? 'Cause many say they're not
    - what is the purpose of fighting the army of a country where you have been given "shelter" (as I understand, Palestinians are treated very badly by the Lebanese anyway) ? More right ? Respect ? (reasons I can understand) Or stupid religious stuff, like, turning Lebanon in an "Islamic" country ? (a reason I hate)
    - Am I correct to say that the civilians are caught in crossfire between two groups of idiots ? An incompetent army that sucks at threat evaluation and a group of mysterious people ?

I don't understand anything ! It's even worse than the war in the Balkans (who was also very un-understandable, even for the people implied) !!

15. Aokiji Well-Known Member

STFU moron. You fail on all accounts. There are 5 billions of ppl, who don't do any shit and still have a religion. If there's a reason for killing than it's ppl w/o honor and morals, who say "I don't believe in anythig and I don't give a fuck, if other ppl die, as long as I'm fine."

EDIT: May he rest in peace Hamoodi and I hope you get over it. Srsly, i almost forgot to say this.

16. Purgatory Banned

This doesn't surprise me. This somewhat reminds me of the Genocide in Rwanda. Resist the men in army suits, you get a bullet in the head. They always shoot first and ask questions later. I'm ashamed to say that I share the same God Damned God as they do.

17. Aokiji Well-Known Member

Yo SchenkelMcPoo, if i posrepped you by accident, plz put it in your sig, so you can show how cool you are.

18. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

The army attacked a group of soldiers for aFateh al islam in tripoli. The main fateh al silam Hq attacked army soldiers near the camp.

A group that no one knew about untill 2 weeks ago.

They're a mixture of many arab ethnicities.

The thing is, they aren't from the camp. I know people from the camp would kill lebanese men, but they would never go against the army because they know their families and relatives will suffer. But when you come from outside the camp and don't give a fuck about the people in it, then you'd go against the army.

You're right.

And what people are starting to think is that some lebanese patrty implanted them in the camp to go agains Hizbollah and make a sunni shia war then they just turned against them

19. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Hum... I've been suspecting that... I hate it when mysterious political plots are set in motion without regard for the people. I hope the "Civil War" plan fails and the situation gets better.

20. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

Well, if that was their purpose, they can repeat the plan again and again.

21. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

t4rok, you know french, can you check for the story in french websites?

22. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Well, they aren't being much clearer, but they frequently say that the group is very suspicious to its affiliations and goals, and that it does seem there are strings behind them. Now to know whose puppets they are...

I'm currently checking... Today, at 13:06, the figures are of 40 lebanese soldiers and 41 insurgents dead. Also, 5000 civilians are still trapped in the camp, trying to get out attracts fire without warning, the soldiers being stressed and hardly differentiating insurgent and civilian. 25,000 have already escaped to neighbouring camps or cities.

Also, the French press seems pretty assholic toward the palestinians. They say no one among the civilians has died. But your cousin just did, and other people were beaten. France may be covering the Lebanese Army to protect its ties with Lebanon.

Also, the Lebanese Command says they won't stop their operations until the insurgent group is eradicated. They are making progress inside the camp and trying to secure the main area of the insurgency. This morning, the radio said the army took care of snipers and are progressing.

We can say whatever we want, I certainly feel sorry for the innocent lives lost, I understand anger and the fact that the Lebanese Army will have to answer some questions about the behaviour of some of its soldiers (Sadly, they risk of being blanketed from trials), but I still think it's better if that "group" is disposed of.

23. The_Unforgiven Grazie Paolo

i meant that you look for the story of my cousin. I know the news by heart. whst do you think my dad does all day?

24. sel Agatha, This is Magnus

Hamoodi - There was an article put up on BBC today around midday GMT

This is interesting

25. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

Ah, heu sorry. I just rechecked the updates about the battle, casualties are mentionned, but nothing about your cousin and the attacks on civilians by soldiers from the Army. As I said, France may be covering them.

But I just thought about something, I read this from your original post :
    ... Could it be that it was a trap from one of the parties ? I'm paranoid, so I happen to make wild guess, currently being, what if the insurgents lured the bus into a dangerous zone to have the civilians shot on purpose by the regular army, in order to bring a feeling of hate among the palestinians so they'd side with the insurgents ? Or that they used the size of the bus to have cover while advancing on regular troops in this street ? It's maybe wild imagination, but I'm serious. In some wars, this tactic is used on purpose, and civilians are always the ones that pay the most.

26. Vom Osten God save the Empire

Look up the atrocities of athiest states, like Soviet Russia and China, dont forget Cambodia

27. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

why would the army kill civilians on purpose? i am pretty sure they dont do that

28. ToPocHi Member

Hamoodi, I'm really sorry to hear what has happened there.

While I'm not well-versed with what's going on there, I can safely say that with such occurences, the value of life becomes unsubstantial and men become foolish and act without proper contemplation at the spur of the moment.

Thus, the folly of man that's been unending since our very existence; the importance of many of us who are well aware of such horrendous deeds to take note and ensure that such incidents does not repeat itself.

That said, history keeps repeating itself anyway for reasons unbeknownst to us. The few enigmatic and unanswered questions in the puzzling subject termed 'Life'.

My condolences again Hamoodi. My prayers go with you, the deceased and all victims that suffered from this abominable event.

29. DemonAbyss10 Demigod

Ok hamoodi, i just granted your cousing and those civilians a moment of silence in my mind.

Based on what i read, i came up with something.

NOTE: this is all mainly conjecture, but oh well..

Lebanon and french ties... hmm... and how would syria/fatah al-islam calculate in the mix... somehow i feel all sides of the equation are being manipulated by another, as of yet undisclosed faction.

THis seriously reeks of the kind of politics i just hate, the kind where who you necessarily think are the "good guys" pherhaps arent. Its just a hunch, but i think things are about to get far worse for the refugees...

and as somone said earlier it does seem very simaler to the balkan war.

as for the people blaming religion and athiesm, STFU and stop generalizing. Its not the actuall religion thats wrong, its some of the people who worship it. Thus it does not equate to being religion at fault, but makes it so that a fraction of the believers are possible extremists. This can also go for athiesm or any other religion. This part of the arguement is over, any more religon and athiesm bashing/blaming and ill lynch all of ya -.-

as i said before that rant against bashers and generalizers, alot of things are similar to the balkan war, but there are plenty of differences too. I find it extremely odd that my local US newspaper had the BBC article in it, but all the news networks are denying coverage...

I swear there is a middle man/group that is just manipulating everything, and if i said the county i believe its located in, id prolly get tons of neg rep for it saying i just hate such and such.

30. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

True, the main difference being, Army and insurgents are mostly of the same religion, with a fair share of christians in the Army, so it's not as ethnic as the Balkans. Wait, no, its certainly not ethnic at all.
    Then, it's a group of foreigners throwing chaos, which wasn't the case in the Balkans.
    And it's limited to one camp, and not whole of Lebanon.

The main ressemblance is : it's hard to understand what's happening and why. And that people suffer because of both sides.