1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The horrors known as the One Piece dub (May contain spoilers)

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Archive' started by Masaki, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Link removed

At the moment, this site is down (should be back up tomorrow). However, it gives detailed descriptions of the changes from the amazing One Piece to the "dub". These include changes on character development, important cuts and edits, music, scenes, dialogue, and even storyline.

Discuss what you know and what is listed in this site.

Edit: In addition to these, text all over the show, English and Japanese, have been removed, as well as cigarettes, sake/wine/beer etc, guns, and some knives.

Many fight scenes have also been cut, and knives are often placed further away from a person's body than originally.

Edit2: The site is back up!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Wing-Zero Whoa!!!

the dub scares me i cant even stand to here the word "zolo"

3. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

Sanji's voice also harms my ears.

4. Kucheeky Badkuya ->-

Zolo and no blood. They cut out Captain Kuro's seen were he starts oblirating his own troops in the manga there was blood everywhere.

5. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

And they made "Zolo" make an excuse about Mihawk's attacks affecting his performance!

6. ChickenPotPie HAH.

My biggest gripe with the dub is that they took away the original BGM and replaced it with forgetful organ music. It seems like all the scenes in One Piece have less than half the impact they once had.

7. Kaiten Hakkeshou Kaiten

The only voice in the One Piece dub that doesn't make my ears bleed and give me hives is "Zolo's". I personally think his voice is tollerable.....

Oh and I like the theme song. *runs away*

8. Daniee Merc with a Mouth

I also hate this the most...I just can't watch the cool Luffy moments without hearing "GomuGomu Bazooka" in the background:sad

9. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

4kids makes me sooo angry! they changed and/or screwed up EVERYTHING! i really hope they stop dubbing it and it gets licensed by a better producer. or better yet, i hope nobody dubs it XP.

10. Axass -Avenger-

The super soakers are the stupidest thing ever. 4Kids should be incriminated for "atrocities against the human race".

11. TDM Toast

The one thing that pissed me off the most was Sanji's voice, eaugh it was like hearing someone beat a shark with a frozen cat!

12. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

You forgot cork guns, cap guns, removal of random guns, and changing the colors of others. Plus changing a scene where Sanji held a gun to him holding a Katana up to Miss Allsunday/Miss Sunday.

I also hate "Miss Sunday"'s southern voice.

13. Sanji inactive Member

I could go forever talking about how bad the dub is. Let me just say short that the dub has to be the worst fucking dub I've ever seen, and I've seen bad dubs.

14. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

erg I swearr everytime I hear yami... er Johnny in Dub Piece I always get the impression that I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere Johnny jumped in the middle of Luffy and Arlong and yelled out "NOT SO FAST ARLONG! FOR YOU HAVE ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!!!!"

Not to mention turning Laboon into A FREAKIN' ICEBURG!

Skipping Little Garden one of the GREATEST arc's EVER!

I mean no Mr. Prince! HOW COULD THEY DENY US MR. PRINCE?!

And well it just plain sucks.

15. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

16. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

One time I was ranting about the dub to someone on MSN. I was ranting to the point that there was an adrenaline rush in my fingers so I could type faster.

17. GTOnizukadude Great Teacher Gai

The only good things about the dub are "Zolo's" tolerable voice and the fact that they skipped the Apis ark. Other than that, 4kids is satan incarnated into a TV channel.

18. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

What's sad is... in the link in my first post, you can basically get episode summaries from the edit lists alone.

19. kapsi Banned

THis thread is funny.

20. Maffy the Love Doctor Turkey can never beat cow.

that's cuz the dub is sooo damn stupid that it becomes funny. i'm sure we can all agree that the only reason why any one piece fan would ever watch the dub is just so they can make fun of it :p.

21. silverwings Hero of Time

I last heard it was 22 episodes skipped and 10 episodes spliced.

Alabaster is just a hollow shell of its former self and I really don't want to know what they do with Chopper.

I do want to see them handle the goatman. Cuz that will be hilarious. :laugh

22. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

The site I posted in my first post is up now. You should look at it, dub episode 38 in particular.

It shows all 20 levels of hell that the dub has been through.

Edit: It seems to be down every night due to daily bandwidth.

I just heard dub Buggy speak. It's like hearing Ginyu and Frieza speak at the same time... out of sync.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
  23. General Shino Member

Its actually quite funny

You should really watch the dub.... they dub One Piece so much its funny... remember when Nami was trying to get Baki drunk so she can take his maps... heres how it went in the Dub

Baki: Nami... you should try my new brew. I call it Grapefruit Punch!
    Nami: Wow! It tastes delicous Baki!
    Nami (thinking): This is great... All I have to do is wait until they get acidic indegstion from the Punch and pass out....

Obviously they couldnt say drunk... but how can you pass out from grape fruit punch?
    -Oh here are some of my other favorite dub thigns they did
    -Sanji has a lolipop instead of a cigeratte
    -Whenever Usopp gets scared from a fight Zoro imitates chicken sounds like a 5 year old
    - They gave Shanks a british voice.....

If you guys have any other Funny things or quotes you found amusing from the dubs please feel free to share it...

24. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

Helmeppo's hammer gun
    Sanji's VA: David Moo

25. mgrace Guess Who's Back?!?!?!

I watched an episode of One Piece and found the voices were v ery similiar to Muscle Man.. which I always fell asleep through due to long days at work....

Yeah convince me to watch one piece...

26. Hermie Kakuraffe

27. OtacontheOtaku ~Sex Guru~

One Piece could have been one of those shows that truly surpassed all others in America. Then the absolute and total fucktards at 4Kids got their hands on it. I actually wouldn't be even half as pissed off as I am if they didn't promise to maintain the quality of their series in the future at last year's Otakon... before coming out and showing the absolute and total rape of this show. I actually think in it's original stages, the people at 4Kids may have actually tried to keep this promise, as they simply translated the first opening theme to English. I'm guessing one of the Amazing FOXtard Executives? thought to their brilliant selves with a shit-eating grin "hey, you know what a pirate show needs? Hip hop, cause as you know, those kids today love the hip hop, especially that rising new star MCHammer - He's pretty popular right? Let's get him!". Then of course going by 4Kids even more brilliant logic, guns are of course very bad, so anyone who sees one is immediately going to go out and grab a 17th century style pistol to shoot up their school, cause who's gonna teach them it's wrong, their parents? No way, not when there's Yoga, Swinger Parties, and as much beer as those wacky parents can do out of a beer bong. It's funny, they get pregnant early, don't have a childhood, then re-live it when they can leave their kids in front of a TV show or video game... it's HILARIOUS...

God I hate American society.

28. stormbreak ......

In the flashback in episode 4 i think. When the guy gets shot in the face Shanks says "Tell that guy that it was only a cap gun" the horror!

29. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

A. You just got repped.
    B. I just watched the episode of Pokemon that they cut out for gun use. It created major plot holes.
    C. And I just love how knives and swords don't make blood come out.

A little kid: "I'm going to slash this knife into your stomach. Don't worry, you won't bleed. 'Zolo' didn't bleed when he was slashed by Mihawk on TV"

30. Amatsu Jammin' with whole wheat bread

You are awesome! XD