1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

The Intelligent Hip-Hop/Rap Discussion III - Part 5

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Reznor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

Em's response to MGK.

Long story short: I'm more famous and successful than you.

3. Sansa Princess.

Just heard it

On first listen, its nothing scathing and MGK's track edges him out but I'll give it 2-3 more spins before I make a concrete opinion on it

4. Sansa Princess.

Both of them take Ls in this but I think Nicki took the biggest L.

She's been trying to black ball Cardi (and other female rappers) for years, and talking shit about Cardi and other female rappers so Cardi checked her. Granted it doesn't make sense when they both have security detail, but Nicki likes to talk that shit, but tried to run when Cardi ran down.

Then after she starts trying to play the victim on her radio show after as if she hasn't been trying to bully people like Miley Cyrus on national TV because she knows those kinds of people won't check her. Nicki is weak.

Also, Russ takes a L for having Purrp jumped after he got out the bathroom in Germany. That man disrespected your (dead?) sister and all you do is get The Haitian GInyu force to run down on him and jump him and you don't even hit the nigga personally. Purrp takes an L for getting caught lacking, but Russ takes a bigger one as usual.

5. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Em had better bars and flow but it wasn't scandalous enough to be memorable.

He wins it but I gotta say..if this is the best he got..it means he's kinda washed. Em from 15 years ago would have broke the internet with the crazy shit he would say.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 7:18 PM
  6. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Drake/ Pusha's lyrical spout was miles ahead of anyone else's. Too bad it ended prematurely.

7. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Oh shit! Em might have woken up the sleeping giant! :laugh

8. Lucifer Morningstar .

It didn't seem like he was trying very hard (more annoyed that he got a response from such a mediocre rapper), and he still countered basically everything noteworthy MGK said, and got back at him too with much better bars. I was actually surprised by Em's song-making on this one, much better song than most of the trash he has made in the past couple years, imo. I don't see why a rap diss needs to be scandalous to be memorable. Some of the best rap disses didn't have much of that. And that Diddy line might blow up.

9. Sansa Princess.

The more I listen to it, the less replay value it has for me.

Honestly don't think this is a body slam from Em in any way.

If it stays as a 1 track exchange I'll say MGK won 55/45, Rap Devil felt like it had more of a punch behind it while Killshot just felt like Em deferring to legend status to shut down his criticism.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  10. U mad bro Well-Known Member

Two reasons for that one he barely feels like he needs to respond to mgk. Most of the shit he said wasnt legend shit. He legit could call that dude label and get him curbside tossed. Which is why he went the son route.

Second reason 2018. Even he has restrictions on what he can say. Especially at his current level. Censorship is strong now. No more nutting on your baby's car seat bars lol.

Mgk didnt put out anything that memorable either. It was at this level. The real disrespect would probably be reserved for Budden anyways.

11. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Meh Em's diss was tame. Disappointed as fuck tbh

Peak Eminem would've absolutely annihilated MGK.

Pretty telling for MGK to go against a nearly 46 year old Em. Would he do that against Em in his prime? Fuck no :skully

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 8:18 PM
  12. Juub Well-Known Member

Neither of them one. Both had solid bars and spit facts but I don't think any bodied the other. Eminem came back with the predictable shit "I got more hits than you, more fans than you etc" but can't fault him because MGK also came with predictable shit like "you old, you washed up etc".
    This old dude is still around lol?

13. Sansa Princess.

Anyone peep yung bans have schizo moment and saying he got off the phone with Russ and saying ain't no beef then a couple hours later saying he got hacked and it's fuck Russ 4L :lmao

14. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Yeah that's how I feel. Neither song will be remembered within 2 weeks.
    Didn't even know he had Twitter. :lmao

15. Raniero 『 』

Ya'll niggas are bugging :lmao Every single line was hard hitting.

Em absolutely decimated MGK. It was almost cruel what he did to that man :dead Em basically giving him more attention than he'll ever get again, just to skin him and hang him up in front of the entire rap game.

And diss aside, it was actually a fuckin' banger and a good track if you appreciate pure hip hop

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 4:02 AM
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Nah I'm a big Em fan but this is a L by him. Biggest diss line was against Diddy ffs :dead

MGK went in a bit harder by going against Kim, Em's daughter and kept it more relevant towards Em. His lines stood out more. Em was pretty subdued.

Prime Em would've been more offensive than this, such disrespect to prime Em if you guys think this 46 year old Em diss track was banging :scust

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. B Rabbit OL's Best

Eminem won. For the simple reason during the Sway interview he stated he wasn't going to give this his full attention.

Plus he already stated in that same Interview why him and Dre didn't go balls out for this diss track. Just this new age SJW.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. B Rabbit OL's Best

Plus Eminem got the W. Cause hid Video is on pace to make a Youtube record plus he'll, again have the number 1 highest selling Hip Hop album of the year. Again. For like....his 6th time. Where no promotion was made for it.

Also Joe Budden is going to drop it because after the Sway interview Budden lost any credibility.

19. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

It was a really good interview btw. Especially since I don't remember the last time Em did one.

20. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Of course..he could've picked a more challenging interviewer than his own employee..but Whatever lol.

21. B Rabbit OL's Best

Yeah basically won all the Joe Budden beef doing that by stating that

A.) Crappy rappers who don't sell need an opinion on my work.
    B.) Especially when I try to help you in your career.

Kinda exposed Joe to be who he is. Especially when he comfirmed that Joe is and was a wife beater.

22. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Explain this one for me. You're talking about how Joe was saying that Em never promoted Slaughterhouse?

23. B Rabbit OL's Best

I mean Idk too many Interviewers who can handle the scope of what someone like a Jay Z or and Eminem.could bring to their show.

24. B Rabbit OL's Best

Basically yeah. Thats the only reason they have beef.

Lets not forgot Joe had an entire song dedicated to Eminem. Talking about how Ems his idol and shit. Slaughterhouse was put on pause and now Joe wants to call Ems album shit.

Even if Revival was shit. Eminem did everything he can to promote your shit. And your just blasting the guy who spent some years of his life trying to help you.

I remember very well that Joe Budden recieved better attention and more fame when it was known Eminem was lobbying for him.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  25. Raniero 『 』

Nah, dawg, the problem is that MGK is so irrelevant, there was nothing else Em could have said that couldn't have already been said. Selling way worse than Em ever did at his age despite calling Em old and Em still selling better, praising Em in the same breath he criticizing him (who does that shit in a diss?), an Em stan who'll always live in Em's shadow like every white rapper, Em giving him more publicity than he'll ever get again--all of that shit was hard and just straight facts. And if you want talk about getting personal, bringing up G-Eazy fuckin' Kelly's ex was just cold.

MGK's diss was wack because all he could say was that Em used to be better, he's old, bitter about how much these new rappers suck, and his beard is weird? In the first place, MGK doesn't even have enough cred as a rapper (he's garbage) to even come at Em or be in his radar or even be taken seriously. How you gonna come at a man for not being as good as he used to be but still being worse than what he currently is and ever will be? That's an L in of itself.

Edit: And you tripping if you think that shit wasn't a banger. Good beat, nice flow and switch ups, funny punchlines. Easy repeat value and better the more you listen to it. MGK's diss got stale quick.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 5:02 PM
  26. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    I guess, I ain't got the motivation to argue really cuz I am an Eminem fan but I felt like his old diss tracks like Go to Sleep, The Warning, Bully, Canibitch, Hail Mary etc were much better than Killshot. He put effort into that shit and owned. He was spitting venom behind those tracks, here he was a bit subdued.

27. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    I wanted something like this basically :cat

28. Raniero 『 』

Em's beefs with Ja Rule and Benzino were a lot more personal. In comparison, his beef with MGK is just him giving his son a spanking because he talked back to daddy.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  29. Pocalypse Well-Known Member

England
    Good lord keep making it more personal MGK so we could see Em spit a track like this again :bury

30. Hit The Badass Well-Known Member

Like people said Eminem's beef with MGK isn't even personal to begin with. He was just tell MGK that he isn't worth his time

Though i would like to see Em go all out once again