1. The first My Hero Academia Banner Contest is here! We are pleased to invite you to participate.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and place your vote.

Dismiss Notice

The Intelligent Hip-Hop/Rap Discussion III - Part 5

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Reznor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. La Flame might flex and take your bae

Where did I say you can't state an opinion? I don't give a shit what others think about said artist, but by quoting me it's like you're waiting for a reply from me. You could've just state your opinion without quoting and I wouldn't have answered. Since you did, I replied. Why quote in the first place?

2. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

Yeah..they do that every year...Grammys are a joke

3. Skaddix Well-Known Member

This year just stands out as Racism as the only answer. Like there is no possible other answer.

Kacey is a fucking no name and didn't even light the sales charts on fire or dominate radio play.

They didn't even cop out and give it the white guy in Post Malone. They gave it to the generic white girl.

And they wonder why artists boycotted and Drake showed up just to Ether their ass.

4. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

Well you are acting butthurt enough about my opinion that it seems like you would rather I just never have said it.

Your responses say otherwise

I just quoted you because you mentioned something I felt like giving an opinion on. Just seemed more natural. I wasn't calling you out or anything. You weren't the only one who mentioned it, you were just the first one I clicked on to quote.

5. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

They had a Spanish chick singing Motown hits bro...

Pusha T was mad as fuck!

6. Skaddix Well-Known Member

7. La Flame might flex and take your bae

That's why I usually avoid debating about music. You can't quote someone by the name of "La Flame" about Travis Scott being trash. And again, I don't mind you stating your opinion, but you quote me like you want me to answer you.

How? as I said it's like you were waiting for my reply. You can say whatever you want about whoever you want and I wouldn't care.

Sorry if it seemed like i'm attacking. I just don't like debating about who's good and who sucks in music because you can't debate people's taste.

8. BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

9. La Flame might flex and take your bae

10. BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

11. Wild Love

Catdank Faction:

:lmao

Cardi b is ass foh :camby

12. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

You're dipping into the same shit everyone used to criticize you for before you left. Have you even heard Sicko Mode or watched the video?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  13. MO

14. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

Cardi B>>>>>>>>>>Eminem:ho

15. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

Everyone used to criticize me? Must have been private because that didn't happen in here. Yes, I have heard it. Drake was solid, Travis was crap. He is garbage period.

16. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

Yeah because you gave this massive criticism without ever really backing it up. It was out in the open.

Also that was the best music video from last year

17. ~Gesy~ Freshly drenched in coochie water

I'm probably the only one who prefer Travis Parts over Drake's. That nig phoned it in on that track. :notrust

18. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

Nah I think Travis was better on that song. Before Sicko Mode/AstroWorld. I didn't really care for him, nothing really made him stand out for me.

19. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

You must be mistaking me for someone else. When I was posting here I was giving full album reviews with break downs of every song. At least for albums I was judging. Most memorably I wasn't a big fan of Lupe and people talked me into giving him more of a chance so I did it for his first 2 or so if I recall right.

Music video and song quality are 2 different things. I don't watch music videos so have no input on that.

20. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

I'll give you that. In this case both were good. And you can't fully experience the song without the video in certain situations, like this one.

21. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

Eh, going to have to disagree on that. Songs come first and presumably with no video direction in mind as you are writing and recording them. What a director does with a video is a whole different thing.

Either the song is good or not. Granted, a video might make you enjoy a song more but that doesn't really change what the song was and is. If you need visuals to enhance your song your song needs to be better to begin with.

Maybe that is some of the disconnect too, is how we each judge songs. For me as someone who writes and records, part of how I judge is against myself. I ask myself "how long would it take me or how hard would it be to replicate this song". With guys like Travis I feel like it would take me a day or 2 to come up with their level of quality for an entire album. For guys like Cole, Jay-Z, etc....I don't even think I can replicate it.

22. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

The song is good. It's just not the full experience without the video. You can usually tell what songs are meant to be experienced in their entirety, usually they're by Kanye. The most famous example would be Thriller though.

23. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

I guess that is a fair point but Michael Jackson was a music genius and I can believe he made a song thinking further ahead. With guys that make music like Travis I am not buying that level of conscious thought.

If you need another reason to know something is wrong here look at who he is fucking. He hit Kendall and Kylie Jenner. Look at the guys these women choose:

Kanye - Lost his damned mind
    Lamar - OD
    Scott - Alcoholic
    Bruce - Cut his own dick off
    Travis - Just listen to his music.

But seriously, he is terrible.

24. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

You're missing the point. It's not about MJ (he didn't even direct the video), it's about not getting the full experience from just the song. There is a clear difference in hearing Thriller and actually watching the video.

25. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

2 different convos. I agree you can get a different experience between a video and a song. Heck, that probably applies to most songs/videos. I am talking about it not changing the quality of the song.

Ultimately though, it doesn't matter either way. It is 1 song (even if I thought it was good and I don't) and he has been bad in every one I have heard. Not Drake bad where I think he has some talent but can be super corny but bad as in how he ever got famous to being with is crazy to me. No talent.

26. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

You haven't heard the entire album so the argument is invalid. I wasn't impressed by him either before I actually gave it a listen.

27. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

You don't need to hear an entire album to know if someone is good or not or if you like them. It isn't like he had some drastic style evolution. Did he hire a ghost writer and become better lyrically? Did he drop the autotune? Did his flow improve? I listened to enough of the album combined with previous stuff I heard to know he didn't go from terrible to should be grammy winner unless his competition is borderline retarded.

28. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

Until you listen to the album you don't have a leg to stand on here, because my initial statement was that he should have won Album of the Year over Cardi B. I listened to both albums, fully, and AstroWorld was better. Whatever qualms you have about Travis Scott are irrelevant, because they're only from what you have heard so far.

29. MO

The only reason she is big is because of payola and sympathy.:ho

30. Cyphon Brotherhood of the Beard

I have plenty of leg to stand on because I never said he shouldn't have won, I asked how bad the competition must be if he should have one. If he is terrible (and he is) and still should have won well then....Enough said.