1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

The Intelligent Hip-Hop/Rap Discussion III - Part 5

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Reznor, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    word. em nows how to do all that extra shit with a nice flow instead of those awkward flows that his core fans, for some reason, love him for.

2. erictheking stressin like a muthafuckin drug dealer

Peru
    Oi this is serious :privatepuppers

3. sworder    

em is still the king

4. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

Stop it. Rhyming fast throwing a bunch of words doesn't make you a goat.

Black thought is my goat

Good thing the homie @LayZ knows

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

6. Mali ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็

Flag:
    Portugal
    talk to 'em vault!!!

7. Cubey

You niggas gotta check out the full mixtape, dj Kay slay really puts on for rap :blobsweat

:heckk

8. erictheking stressin like a muthafuckin drug dealer

Peru
    Goosebumps when Jadakiss comes in. That man never fails.

9. erictheking stressin like a muthafuckin drug dealer

Peru
    1. Intro f/ The Outlawz (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    2. Jealousy f/ Busta Rhymes, Tech N9ne & The Game (prod. by Trackateering Music)*
    3. Wild One f/ Rick Ross, 2 Chainz & Kevin Gates (prod. by Trackateering Music)*
    4. Lights Glowing f/ Sheek Louch, Styles P & Scarface (prod. by Trackateering Music)+
    5. Super Trick (Skit)
    6. Regulate f/ Jadakiss, Lloyd Banks & Joell Ortiz (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    7. Story Of My Life f/ Papoose, Mysonne & AZ (prod. by Trackateering Music)#
    8. No Regrets f/ Bun B, Fat Joe & McGruff (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    9. Cold Summer f/ Kendrick Lamar, Mac Miller & Kevin Gates (prod. by Streetsweepers Ent. & Ty Sticks)^
    10. Gangster Rhythm f/ Uncle Murda, Trick Trick, Z-Ro & Ra Diggs (prod. by StreetSweepers Ent. & Ty Sticks)
    11. Can’t Tell Me Nothing f/ Young Buck, Raekwon & Jay Rock (prod. by Trackateering Music)*
    12. Hip Hop Icons f/ Ice-T & Kool G. Rap (prod. by Twins Productions & Trackateering Music)
    13. It’s Harlem f/ Dave East, Ms. Hustle, Vado & Jaquae (prod. by Boogz Bond)
    14. This Is My Culture f/ Ransom, Papoose, Jon Connor & Locksmith (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    15. Respect The Cipher f/ Loaded Lux, Mistah Fab, Termanology, Ms. Hustle, Nicky DS, Oun P & Ras Kass (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    16. A Million Bucks f/ Troy Ave, Nipsey Hussle, Rocko, Vado & Fatman Scoop (prod. by Chris Prythm)
    17. Death, Murder & Mayhem f/ Beanie Sigel, Freeway, Young Chris & Tracey Lee (prod. by Juco Brix)
    18. Coast 2 Coast f/ E-40, 3D Natee & Troy Ave (prod. by Trackateering Music)
    19. Fuk Da Party Up f/ Juicy J, Project Pat, Meet Sims & Ms. Hustle
    20. Stage 2 Haters ( Skit )
    21. Keep Your Eyes Open f/ Maino, Young Buck & Nick Grant (prod. by Trackateering Music)+
    22. Rose Showers f/ French Montana, Dave East & Zoey Dollaz (prod. by Trackateering Music)+

:obamabury my God.

10. erictheking stressin like a muthafuckin drug dealer

Peru

WHAT!!! :bang:bang :bang

11. Sansa Princess.

SONG MAKES ME WANNA ROB MYSELF AND KNOCK A NIGGA OUT WITH A LEAD PIPE

12. sworder    

right, cuz das all em does. rhyme a bunch of words

not make metaphors and wordplay that most people don't even notice when they hear it the first time :wow

13. Vault Time: Donut of the heart

oh right i forgot he forces words to rhyme which dont rhyme which ends up in weird accents. Such a complex rhyme scheme

Okay quit playing with the scissors and shit, and cut the crap :wow

that's y'all goat though

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Cubey

Don’t even bother with that nigga, he’s a stan. Got saltier than the Indian Ocean when I said em fell off :kobeha

That said, em did kill that shit. Anyways, bump that Kay slay mixtape :bury

15. sworder    

The only moment I’ve talked about Em before now was when Rap God released and that shit was insane and you were talking shit like every dumb hater instead of just appreciating a good song

Just cuz Em fell off doesn’t mean he can’t make sick ass music now and then

16. Cubey

You literally posted renegade and said it would fly over my head. That is a classic em verse, but hardly something you can’t catch, and this was while talking about how em fell off in the ‘10s.

You don’t know shit about rap. You call me a hater when I consider em a top-tier lyricist, that’s how I know you’re a dumb Stan.

17. sworder    

I was shitposting, I am well aware you have been posting in this thread for years. Sorry you thought my shitposting was serious

I don’t care about knowing about rap. You knowing a bunch of shit rappers that I don’t like means what to me? Absolutely nothing. Good thing I’ve never claimed to be a rap connoisseur so you can’t even claim I’m a hypocrite

You were hating so I called you a hater. Don’t blame others for the way you portray yourself :kanyeshrug

18. Cubey

No ones hating. Em fell off. Calling that hating is you being s Stan period.

19. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

I do agree with Cubey that Em fell off. Even that Rap God track you like so much doesn't hold a candle to his earlier work.

Problem with Em is that he has became exactly what his old self used to rebel against. He went from throwing shots at pop artist for being so artificial, to featuring them on most of songs.

Not saying he should go back to being a rebellious anti-establishment punk at 40+ years of age..but I wish he went back to making rap albums that feels raw and real as opposed to something that sounds like it was factory manufactured .

20. sworder    

no one's saying Em hasn't fallen off. that's what cubey pretends I said cuz apparently he holds a grudge about something i said years ago or something

yes he's not as good as he was. he can still put out shit that's better than most rappers out now, chloraseptic remix is fucking fire :kanyeshrug

21. Cubey

No this nigga got salty when I said rap god was disappointing and posted a 2002 verse as evidence that he still had it. Topped it off by saying the shit would fly over my head :gokuskully

Ain’t no grudges, stanibus. You’re just dumb.

22. Cubey

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  23. erictheking stressin like a muthafuckin drug dealer

Peru
    All-time classic.

In my head there was only this Bis.

24. Cubey

You gotta peep 2010’s melatonin magik bro. Amazing album, featuring underground legends like dzk, warbux, copywrite and bronze Nazareth. Among others. One of my all-time favorite rap albums, easy.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  25. TaoCS New Member

My Bro keeps bumping this hard, and every time I hear it my pockets get emptied and I have a black eye.

26. Sansa Princess.

Rap God is a trash tier overhyped song that nibbas are gonna say is flames just because it's Em's work.
    The most popular part of that song is when he raps fast and you can barely make out what he's saying, and chimpanzee wanna be rap fans nut all over themselves just because the nigga can rap fast.

His reputation precedes the quality of his work now.

So many people were calling that Freestyle he did where he was going at Trump GOAT tier, when honestly that shit was fucking poopoo, and they were only hyping it because it's Eminem and he was talking shit about the government.

27. Sansa Princess.

Also, making the argument that "he puts out shit that's better than most artists these days" is weak.
    Most artists these days aren't trying to make music with objectively good lyrical content. That's not the direction that rap is moving in anymore.

Artists want to make catchy songs that have a lot of replay ability, and that people are going to dance to. You think Lil Pump tries to make good music? Or Yachty? Or Play Boy Carti? These guys just wanna make turn up songs because turn up songs are what's popular and is going to put Ms in their bank accounts.

28. Itachі Man of The People

I wouldn't say Rap God is amazing but I wouldn't call it trash either. I don't like the part where he raps very fast but I like his first two verses in it.

29. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Nah, I wouldn't say it was trash. It didn't tip the rap game on an axis-- but it did serve it's purpose.
    This is wrong. The top rappers in the game are lyrical and have more impact than Pump, Uzi, Yachty etc..

Kendrick for example-- who is a better Em than Em is these days is light years ahead of these new cats when it comes to success and cultural impact

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  30. ~Gesy~ Well-Known Member

Lyrical music will never go out of style; While mumble rap is just a current fad that will eventually be replaced with something else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List