1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Last Hope ??? // I retire.

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by d3vlabs, Oct 3, 2006.

1. d3vlabs

I don't think I posted in this category before so this is going to be a bit long. Just read the stuff in bold if you are not bored enough to read it all.

So I've been on these forums for over a year now. I was reading this BEFORE the longline of fillers started. I starting watching Naruto when it was downloadable on sharereactor (the largest ed2k index site at the time which was seized many many months ago) and Anbu/Aone only had it up to ep 60 or so. Bakasan wasn't even in the scene back then. Shin-Otaku,DB and few other groups trying to speedsub came much later. You get the picture.

Back then Naruto was what it was meant to be: straight coco, no baking soda. When the anime run out of episodes i jumped straight to manga without questioning if it wasn't sane to read black/white comics for many hours a day. damn I even learned how to use irc so i can leech inane releases.
    I watched up to episodes 135 and then i lasted few filler episodes.

I'm a forum whore basically thanks having a lot of free time by having no other responsibilities than keeping a job and doing some web development (mangahelpers.com, rapgodfathers.com, etc). I usually keep NF forums open in a window and read all kinda threads for fun while working. I must say that posts in "save sugar" thread as well as andolivera and shroomsday' work made me smile-big smile-big smile-big smile-big many times.

The point I'm trying to make is that I read these forums very throughly.

I've read about that part 2 manuscript which leaked before season2 manga started.
    I've read about at least 3 kishi's interviews
    I read about presentation at Studio Pierrot where someone had the balls to ask the question "when the fillers end" and got the infamous : next spring" response
    I've read probably 90% of theories posted here based on Dattebayo's saying, some sketch panels, some dvd covers, posters, movies, misinterpretation of new openings, etc, etc etc.

My favorite part of NF is one thing that you won't find anywhere else, THE THEORIES. Since some of the masters here believe in yondaime =al, tobi = obiti, a few filler ending theories is easy work for them.

The numbers for ending episodes that appeared in the theories were 150', 166 or something, 180's, and then like the last straw it was that magic 200 number. There was all kind half bs'ed theories that made fillers ending FIT under episode 200. and regardless, for me the 200 was the most plausible theory, after such a long wait, we deserve our part 2 at a nice even # and here's another spoiler
    Spoiler:
    sasuke's appearance in manga chapter 300 did make it seem that studio pierrot might have a thing for the pretty numbers. cmon 300 for sasuke, 200 for part2, how sweet would that be.
    . Another thing about 200 is that VERY few theories actually tried to see past that #200, i mean i thought it was believe that if fillers would stretch to that far of a number, they had to end there.

But back to situation at hand. Most of the sources were proven false or incorrect, we are moving closer to 200 and even with Dattebayo's YHBT release at 200 saying that Kakashi's Gaiden is right around the corner, what do we get?
    An unseen thing, a 90 minute filler. Even a skeptic when heard of 90 minute special coming after episode 200 thought of kakashi's gaiden as a SURE THING ON LOCK. And before that guess what, a cut and paste of some random sasuke rescue arc battles with 5 seconds of sasuke basically telling us to keep on watching the fillers.

So now after updated/re updated Cal Syobi titles we get that fillers will go on to 206 and pretty much beyond. The last thing here that does give me hope is the new opening that is coming in 2 days on a Thursday
    which will show if Studio Pierrot has any plans to show us the beauty that is part 2 of naruto manga or if they will keep milking this cow while naruto collects cash worldwide without showing any quality content. excuse my language but THESE FILLERS ARE WORSE THAN SHIT. I don't even want to introduce someone who hasn't watched naruto to this anime cause they going to see mizuki the tiger.

Once again, studio might change endings whenever they feel like, but new openings are a strict rule. every season. which is 26 or so episodes. and you can tell that they are not going to stop showing fillers at the middle of the season and jump to part2 when they have a chance to show more SHIT for material and probably make close to same amount of $.

So, I'm crossing for my fingers for Thursday's new opening and it's relation to part2. This is my last hope. If not, then it doesn't really matter. spring 2007, episode 300, pick any far fetched theory.Naruto will be klled by fillers completely by then and even part2 won't cancel out the filler effect.

P.S. Now you might say that I have a problem and that I need to get away from computer, try other things for excitement. Well as weird as it sounds this naruto thing is one of the few things that keeps me peaceful and happy. yes its a cartoon for kids, but the way it develops and the theories that i generates is just f*ckin amazing to me. If you wouldn't feel me on that, you wouldnt find yourself in this place.

Tags:
  2. Mat?icha

o man, i cant wait for that.

3. iander

I know what you mean, I dont know if i could keep watching the anime if theres another season of fillers.

4. koopo

For 1 years straight I've been yelling that if Part 2 is to start it will start of with a new season. Any argument that it would start by episode 200 was a stupid agrument..

Anyways, there will be no new opening by episode 203-205 whith will air in 2 days. This was told in another thread posted this week, I won't bother to look it up. Sorrry.

1. Part 2 start by episode 209
    2. Another season of filler

There will be no Part 2 start in mid season therefor another 24 episodes pure filler. I can't seem to say this enough.

5. dragonbattousai

Yep it is all up to the New OP/ED. If they show nothing about Kakashi Gaiden or Part II, then Naruto is in for another season of fillers and I believe that this next set would be the final set to kill off the rest of the anime watchers.

6. Takekura

9th Opening will tells you the truth...
    whether fillers or PART 2...

7. phm

Yeah, the new opening will be an important hint. And I'm tired of the fillers too. At least you did something smart, you went to the manga. Personally I've decided that if 210 will be filler, I'll start reading the manga at least until it will be confirmed that the fillers are ending. I've allready started hating Naruto, so waiting for another season for the fillers to end, will make me hate Naruto completely and then even Part 2 will be too boring to watch. Maybe I should have realised that earlier and the only reason I'm still waiting is because there is a small possibilty that part II will start on the next season.

8. homeownage

lol - dude they could keep the fillers going till 2010 god knows - but once it comes back, everyone will like it and everyone will flood back i know .

also you notice the change in graphics from episode 1 to episode 135? its always getting better over time. Lets hope after all this time the quality of anime will be
    exponentially better. it better be

im a lucky one who only got fast internet and started downloading naruto at episode 185 - when i started watching the series had finished ages ago and everyone was busting themselves for part 2

i only have to wait a while :)

9. Panagiotis

Hello lads. Im watching naruto for 2 years now and im in the same desperate situation like you all are. We all wish for part 2 to come fast but we all come up with theories that stress us beyond imagination for 1+ year etc.

I don't know how the interviews works or how people can manage to get a word from the studio or kishimoto. But if lets say someone send them an e-mail( i doubt its that simple) will he be able to get some feedback? Is it so hard for them to actually say that part 2 will start at episode XXX? We are all getting tortured here. Im pretty sure that the owners of this site could have had more chances to get some feedback since they are supporting naruto with this site and they manage to spread out the anime and the naruto getting more and more popular in all countries.

Anyways any reply to this would be appreciated:)

10. Squall Leonhart

Somehow I got a feeling we won't see any part 2 hints in the new opening :(
    I recommend the anime watchers to start reading the manga, like I did.

11. The Fourth Hokage

the fillers wouldn't be so bad or hard to bear if they didn't suck so horribly. I could deal with it if they were at least as good as the Bleach filler. Maybe we should take the focus off of Naruto. Damn, put it there so that we can see that he left with Jiraiya. Let the fillers be what happened in Konoha while he was gone. I mean damn, if Naruto has been looking for bugs and curry then when does he train with Jiraiya?

The fillers should've shown Naruto leave with Jiraiya and then follow Konohamaru or somethin. Perhaps other characters such as Shino, Kiba and Hinata that don't play a big role in part 2. It's just a thought.

12. Leanne

The thing I don't understand is, why more fillers?
    The manga is far ahead now, the purpose of the fillers is gone.

13. Broleta

14. Tika_Veilan

Is not it obvious that we are gonna have FILLERS for the next season? Don`t expect to get hints for Part II in the new opening.

Nope. As somebody mentioned in some other thread, when the anime Naruto started the manga was three years ahead. [With help of some fillers Part I was running for two and a half years.] And we had fillers for how long now? One and a half years, that is. It is only reasonable for Pierrot to continue to widen the gap between manga and anime.
    Though I would prefer to have my year-long dose of animated Naruto NOW and then have another year of fillers.

I would like to see you justifing your prediction.

Obviously, fans in Japan are liking the anime even in its current state so what`s torture for us is OK/cool for them. Don`t forget that Japanise are also very patient. They will continue waiting for the better times to come so the anime won`t be cancelled in one and a half years (I am assuming that`s gotta be the maximum possible extra time) continuation of fillers.

And let me remind you that 1-135 peisodes of Naruto were not redone by filler teams or changed in any other way. When we will get Part II material, we can just pretend the fillers never happened. Voila, and here it is - the excellent series with episodes based on canon material with plot and character development. Serve hot.

What is somebody bashes Naruto basing their judgment on that bad stuff that fillers are made of? Well, just show them the canon material and if *gasp* they don`t change their opinion then we have some serious problems. But it`s just easier to discuss Naruto with people who know the fillers do not contribute to the anime and view them as separate content.

15. Shika-Chou

Part 1 ended at around chapter 239-ish. There are currently about 90 new chapters. Each episode consists of at least 3 or 4 chapters. We might be able to get 1 season out of it I suppose but then we'd be stuck in another filler predicament.

I'm sure the animators could always extend fight scenes and whatnot, but how much of a difference could that really make? I guess it also depends on how they're planning to air it whether in intervals (ie. after each arc show a season of filler like the tea country arc race); or show part 2 altogether as a whole.

Given the high ratings they have anyway, they really have no reason to start part 2 yet. They will just continue to make money off the fillers until they have enough chapters to animate part 2.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  16. Leanne

In that case.. why don't they just give us only Kakashi's Gaiden. :)
    That would be ok..

17. Shika-Chou

That would be pretty sweet

18. Pyre's Plight

If they string on things for another 52 weeks, then Naruto will lose some of it's illegal fans, possibly permanantly. I for one have no interest in watching the anime the way it is now, but I'm no longer feeling the excitement I was when in the past when I waited for new episodes and finally, the end of fillers.

The fillers will end eventually. Until then, there doesn't seem to be much on a Naruto anime worth watching.

19. Aizen

i watched the anime until 170, then i realized that it wouldnt end before episode 220 or something (yes, i think that the fillers will keep on going untill ep 220 or longer)

after all that torture (31-32 eps of fillers) i decided to read the manga....
    let me just say, it was the best thing ive ever done!
    if i had seen 50 more filler episodes, naruto would have been completely dead to me.... and part2 wouldnt fix all that torture

btw: 80% of the people watching in japan doesnt care about the fillers.
    cuz so many of them are from 7-11 years old.
    so "sp" could continue for at least 2-3 more seasons :(

advice, read the manga! :p

20. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Unless Studio Pierrot is made up of complete fucking retards they should put fillers IN part 2 and not just BEFORE. Do one arc then filler then canon then filler... The way they're doing it now is just like someone else said, it's like chewing the same gum for 24 hours straight.

Part One was a complete failure juust for this reason. There was almost no filler so no wonder we have this great one and a half year shitfest. If they had actually put some filler arcs inbetween the canon arcs then this wouldn't have happened and we would've had an anime that was actually watcheable.

21. BattousaiMS

Actually I can pretty much assure you that unless they turn the short more interesting fights longer with anime livable filler fight moves like they did in the chuunin exam saga, you can bet your monkey ass that even Part 2 won't save Naruto anime. The reason being simply that Part 2, has been very sub par in terms of action and story development based on the main characters. If fact, most of Kishimoto's emotional development isn't much appriciated much to their regards. You have Naruto turned into the new king of angst foremely held by Sasuke but at a gayer level. Sakura's overstrechted fight which wasn't that spectacular. Kakashi being the same old 'iam a Sasuke ass kisser even after I decleared in the end of part 1 that I won't be playing favoritism anymore' unchanged and did I mention how every Sasuke, Naruto fans and angry parents who gonna lay the smack down on Sai for his words?

22. Sabakumike

hahaha soz i made a simlar thread to this about my theory on how long fillers mite go on for, and you may be right, fillers probably continue due to not enough chapaters in manga

23. X3x3non

I wholeheartedly agree. 209 double or nothing. I have a bad feeling though. Deep down i know it won't happen. We are just being too optimistic.

This is what i don't get, why do they keep working with the same boring material?

24. Wondermilk

I was never tired of the fillers, never diappointed, etc.

Ironically, I started watching Narto when there was alteast 140 episodes.

I stopped around 136 because I thought it was oddly sucking and disappeared from the forums and show for a year. I come back to see if the series picked up around next september(I stopped watching sep2005) and it appeared it wasn't manga plot (then I still didn't understand what was the problem was...) but eventually I found out what fillers were, what the problem was and I stood away.

Then I didn't really anticipate the p2, I just waited an occasionally checked around to see if it was announced. I even watched the one-shot fillers (And I liked the one shot ones, just hate the arcs). Even now, I am still cool with waiting for the fillers to end and p2 to start. It's sort of like FMA. As soon as the series finished, I read the manga and liked the manga more.

I'm not sure why I haven't done that for Naruto, but I just think its because I don't really care? :huh

But yeah, I can wait, and I just don't feel like reading the manga o_o

25. lazer85

i agree, you have way too much time on your hands but everything you say is pretty realistic. If the fillers don't end for another season, a majority of the older viewers will at least temporarily abandon naruto, and I bet a whole lot of them will never come back. I know plenty of people who have stoped watching and don't really care when part 2 starts as of the begining of the summer. They probably won't watch it again. And yes, I know they are marketing more to the japanese but you have to beleive some older japanese viewers are just as tired as us sub-watchers (and loss of the sub-watchers means loss of merch sales too). Now that leaves them with a bunch of kids, which means they will market even more for the kids and even less for the older viewers. If this happens, when part 2 comes around, there will be little or no hype about it. Little or no hype gives them no reason to animate it. Animating it would be more dangerous then running fillers forever. The akatsuki and sasuke hype isn't going to survive another 3 seasons, and among many it won't survive another one.

Basically your 100% right this is probably the shows last chance to continue becoming more and more successful as it had been doing until recently, their last chance to avoid digging themselves into a hole.

It seeems to me that the studio is playing it by ear and is waiting til the moment the filler stops making them money to start part 2, but their playing with fire now.

The ONLY way naruto's popularity will survive the next season without part 2 and without butchering the story so that no intelligent adult could ever enjoy it, is a season long filler arc that's 90% as good as the cannon material, better than Bleach's decent filler. And we could use a date to wait for.

And I really don't think a 90 minute filler special is going to keep anyone watching who otherwise wouldn't.

26. Production

I could so stand 8 weeks of filler then cannon again. But, 1.5 year of crappy shit that they`re giving us is too much.
    Next opening better be kg or part 2. Or i`m giving up on naruto.

27. Captain Gir

earlier today i went to the very last page of this forum and i saw how people were complaining on how horrible the fillers of the ?tea country? (just after the 100's with the enemys from the chuunin exams)..thinking back on it it was only 3 episodes maybe and they were like its SOOO horrible i cant stand it, i laugh at wat is compared with this and back then

28. Konoha

i guess were gonna stuck with 13 year old naruto but since 2000 hes now like 19 or 20 awesome :p

29. Captain Gir

30. Kromagnum

When I started watching Naruto, I flew through all the episodes that were out, and when I caught up to current, it was the Tsunade arc. I awaited impatiently, every single episode, each week. Fast forward a bit. The week I saw Mizuki turn into a tiger, I stopped watching. And I haven't watched since. In fact, I've rewatched the canon episodes all the way through, countless times. But I refuse to watch this shit they are producing now. I know they aren't making any money off me, and they don't care. I don't really blame them. Actually, I do buy a lot of the English Naruto merchandise, including the uncut dvds, and I'm sure they get royalties off that. All I'm trying to say is that if this next season is yet another filler season, I may just give up completely and say screw part 2.

They need to mix the fillers into the canon material instead of giving us 1.5 - 2 YEARS of filler at once. The tea country arc was the only filler arc that I know of that was mixed into part 1. If they'd have put two or three filler arcs into part 1, between arcs, we wouldn't be stuck where we are now. And here's hoping they learned from their mistake, because if they try to show part 2 all in one shot we'll be right back in this same situation in a year. (assuming we are actually out of this situation by then)