1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 Vita The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Kaitou, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Kaitou

The game has been out for weeks in North America for both PlayStation 3 and PS Vita. It will be coming out in Europe later this month. I got both versions of the game (Thanks XSEED!) and I'm having a blast. I played a bit of the Japanese version back in 2013 and really wanted this game to come to the States. The sequel is coming to North America and Europe as well.

Being full 3D is a bit different than the previous The Legend of Heroes, but it still has the classic features from them. Unless you can play your PS3 just fine, I would recommend playing it PS Vita. I heard it's the best version (although I haven't noticed yet), but I can't touch my PS3 anymore. A bit too hard. But I still have a bit of a backlog so I will definitely get back at it.

If you liked the whole school-setting from Final Fantasy Type-0, you might enjoy this game. It has characters with different views and different backgrounds, which is cool.

Tags:
  2. DragonSlayer

Hopefully this will make its way on Steam at some point, I don't own Vita and don't really feel like buying PS3 games at this point of its lifecycle.

I actually started Trails in the Sky last week and liking it a lot. So if it's anything similar, I know I'm gonna like it.

3. Kaitou

Story-wise it definitely has a different feel from the other games and reminds me a lot of Final Fantasy Type-0, although I'm liking this set of characters more so far.

The way things are going with XSEED, a PC version is definitely possible but it's something I see happening after the first game comes to North America or maybe a year. Maybe in some months if we get lucky since porting it to PC might take a while (Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus on PC, for example.)

4. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

>Turn based JRPG
    >I don't own it

Shame on me, correcting this now.

Well I say now but it won't be this instant unfortunately.

5. Kaitou

6. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Bought it! (*?∀`)♪

It'll arrive on the 13th.

7. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Got it! ^_^

I'd love to show you my Lionheart Edition but my phone's being a little jerk and won't finish sending the pictures to my email 8U, I dun wanna get the cable either.

I'll post it later though!

Soooooooooooooooo excited!!!!

8. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Here it is! The collectors edition, and a few pages of the artbook! No spoilers, just a few of the art bits.

Spoiler:

9. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

The combat system is sooooooooo great!

If you think and play right a fight can be super easy but make the wrong move and play sloppy and you get wrekt.

10. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

So... I finished it, about 70 hours. I won't tell you how the ending made me feel cause that would give too much away... Let's just say... the second one needs to move its ass and make it to the states.

Glad I got the limited edition though, the book answered some of my questions about the sequel and the ending.

Whoo... I feel MUCH better now.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  11. Kaitou

Sequel is indeed coming to the US....and this year.

It was a great game indeed. :hurr

I need to get the limited edition though. I only got the digital version that XSEED sent me.

12. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Ugh that ending man... If I didn't have the book I would have been in turmoil allllll night.

It has a section dedicated to the sequel though so it put me at ease.

The next one can't come fast enough it just can't.

Oh, oh Kaitou, spill the beans, who'd you pick on October 24th?

13. Kaitou

She's kawaii as fuck.

14. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Omg YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. We are now best friends lol.

I don't care about the trophies man, I picked Fie for eveeeeerything.

She's my Chie for this game.

Speaking of I haven't felt such a rollercoaster of emotion while playing a game since Persona 4.

This definitely beats out FF type 0, I couldn't connect with any of the characters and the first scene is someone dying you don't know or care about yet -.-

This one does everything right character and story wise.

15. Kaitou

I always liked Fie as a playable character as well though. Her S-Craft was mighty helpful, especially when I needed to get that 8 enemies trophy.

I definitely agree that this cast beats out Type-0 though. I felt instantly involved with this cast as soon as the prologue ended. Type-0 took me a while.

As for Persona 4, unfortunately for you though, I'm more of a Yukiko guy.

16. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

I always played as her when given the chance. When I can choose my party is always Rean, Fie, Elliot, and Laura/Millum and Alisa as backup. I don't really like Elliot but he's the best healer hands down, Emma doesn't have an AoE heal so yeah..

Jeez that Nosferatu boss and the one before last... ashen something gave me a buttload of trouble though, if you don't position yourself exactly right it's a complete pain @_@

I thought Yukiko waaaaasss too boring for me personally, I like Chie then Rise.

I'm working on the ladies that aren't in the main cast now. I'm on Ayane, I already finished Ai both freind route and lover route.

17. Kaitou

I always used Alisa during the beginning to build up health and CP, before she gained her S-Craft in Chapter 3. That was really helpful.

I do think that both Elliot and Gaius are a must for any team, really. As for me liking Elliot, well, he isn't a bad character but he remains me of Tails (Sonic) and Sho (Yu-Gi-Oh GX) for some reason.

I really hated both Jusis and Machias at the beginning though. That shit was annoying.

18. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Yeah Elliot's too shy, he's kinda boring imo. Gaiuse has good crafts that's for sure.

Alisa probably is a decent replacement considering blessed arrow is really great. Resounding beat is useful in it's own right though, against the mech just before the final boss it kept my hp up without me having to do a full heal.

Fie and Rean got me through some tough battles, if there's a boss you can faint that boss is practically dead before the fight's started, I have impede 2 on Rean and Fie, so basically we faint and it never gets a chance to recover due to delay crafts and all attacks are critical when the enemies fainted. Totally abused it for that Hydra boss.

I couldn't come to like Machias and Jusis as much as the others. They're both childish in their own ways and I wish Jusis had the sense to just ignore Machias.

Oh btw am I dumb or did that twist about C's identity come as a shock to you too?

19. vanhellsing

playing this and man this is so good stuff , also emma is the best girl and Im hyped for cold steel 2

20. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Ikr? Needs to be here already....

21. Kaitou

Yeah, Machias' prejudice against nobles got old pretty fast, and his character is too overprideful is annoying too. I also got annoyed when he was mad at Rean in the beginning.

I lowkey was expecting it, like no lie. You aren't dumb though.

22. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Yeah her epic defense and damage nulls are great. I could probably switch her out with Laura and not be worse off. Although Lauras damage really is amazing at the start of fights.

Oh you were? I thought for a second whose name starts with C? but the only person I thought of... he was so far at the back of my mind.

23. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

24. Kaitou

I was thinking this came to PC for a second, haha. :lmao

25. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Oh no x} but looks like they got something else. Seems interesting. Didn't expect anymore of their games to come to PC at all.

26. Millefeuille

The screenshots for CS2 have me super hype.

Sharon, Toval, smug Millium.

:heart

27. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Oh look!

September 6th 2016!

28. Zeta42

So happy I discovered this series. Although ToCS is not ideal as an entry game, I don't care; there's lots to do, and that's what I like in games. I've almost finished my first playthrough, will do a NG+ before proceeding to ToCS2.

Fie is great, but Towa is the only one for me.

29. Nep Nep

Catdank Faction:

Fie is my fave personally.

If you uh... want Trails of Zero and Trails of Azure translated, I can hook you up by the way. They link right to steel and personally, they're my favorites in the series.

30. Zeta42