1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The less than great Hinata and Sakura debate

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Splintered, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Splintered

Dear gods people, I?ll never understand fandom.

Why is that every time either Hinata or Sakura is mentioned, both Hinata and Sakura fans start frothing at the mouths and go for the necks of the opposing sides? Now, I know there a lot of sensible fans on both sides, and in fact, fans that like them both.

But every other thread that mentions girls, pairings, or whocanbeatwho matches, somehow the Hinata and Sakura debate gets dragged in, kicking and screaming, and characters get bashed. It?s kinda silly to see every other page of a thread have something ?SAKURA IS SO _____ BECAUSE HINATA IS SOOO MUCH BETTER? or ?HINATA IS ____ AND SAKURA IS TEH SHIZNITS!!!!?

Sakura and Hinata?s characters are no way dependent on each other. The only thing they have in common is Naruto, and right now both Sakura and Naruto are concentrated on Sasuke and Hinata is nowhere to be found. The pairing wars can?t even begin to start, all we have is old evidence and that horse has been beaten to hell and back. You don?t see Lee fans fight with Sasuke fans for Sakura?s heart. -_-

It?s silly to see people try to make Hinata the main female heroine, and it?s silly to make it like Sakura could own Hinata in a second.

Sakura and Hinata don?t even interact! What?s the point in hating the other character just because you like the other? Sure you might have more reasons to be irked, but a lot of the bashing comes from someone threatening their fandom.

This war is almost as worse as the Tifa vrs. Aerith. No one needs another one of those.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2005
    Tags:
  2. MartialHorror

I like Hinata and Sakura.............so................

Edit- I guess I agree though. Tards and Anti's(We need a good name for them)

3. *ZOE*

i think that its fun in a way to make those two rival each other. it makes watching naruto more fun coz when you finished watching it you sit there and think or discuss what you think shoulld happen in the lives of our lil ninjas. but yes some ppl do get a bit carried away and the funny thing is both those characters have hardly any... character! they play minor roles really with the exseption of sakura every now and again.

4. Kurosawa

*From the distance Hinata and Sakura fans start closing into this thread*

Better run o.o;

5. Mizura

*blinks* Strange I thought that I had double-posted...

The situation was quite simple: people overhyped Hinata, and people overbashed Sakura. But the situation is nowhere as bad as it used to be, not with Sakura's current situation in the manga. There seems to be a mini-ressurgence in Hinata overhyping because of the fillers :smack, but all in all the two fandoms are no longer at each other's throats.

Personally I like both of them. I don't see the problem with that.

6. BattousaiMS

There was a war on that? You mean who was perfect for Cloud Strife? That's simple both are :laugh (he is a PIMP he deserves both of the girls).

As for Sakura vs. Hinata part...

I just hate it when some fans :shifty who throw Hinata on Naruto and claim that "she is perfect for him, because she is too cute" and that Naruto should suck up to her and fall madly in love. :cussing

Yeah right... how would you like it if I throw some random girl on you that you had no interest in and claim you two are perfect for eachother and should get married and so on.:rant

So yeah nothing personal on Hinata apart that i find her ugly and freaky (hey that's my opinion). It's all about the hinatatards.

7. Miss CCV

I like Sakura and Hinata, compared to before when I didn't like them at all.

There will always be debates oh which girl is better. It will never cease...

8. Lullaby

I like both Sakura and Hinata, its obvious who I like more but they are both equally great as characters. Sakura being a girl who worked hard from becoming a person who stood by and did nothing to someone who trains hard to accomplish something, and Hinata a girl who didn't have much self-confidence in herself and is part of the Hyuuga family, Hinata is working hard to change herself in her own way which has been stated.

I remember people used to bash Sakura because she was useless and couldn't do anything. But what I like about her is that she noticed that and she didn't want to protected all the time so she actually went and did something to change herself and become more useful, at first she wanted to be a ninja to stay near Sasuke now her goal is mostly to pretect her friends and she can now with her medical skills and all to heal her friends and she can also fight with them this time instead of just standing by.

And Hinata, we know Hinata has a crush on Naruto or she admires Naruto, either way that you see it. She also had no confidence in herself, but we learn that she actually does train hard and by watching Naruto it makes her feel that she can actually go out and change herself, in the Neji and Hinata fight she stood up and fought even if she was badly injured. We don't know about Hinata in Part 2 yet since she hasn't appeared but I think she made a big improvement since she must be a chuunin because Shikamaru said that Naruto was the only one that didn't become a chuunin yet.

So therefore, I like both Sakura and Hinata.:amuse

9. Amatsu

Meh I hate Hinata because of the Hinata fans superficial statement's of

"Hinata rules and Sakura's nothing but a useless slut."

Having to hear that for such a long time in this fandom get's so a Sakura fan. Having to hear stuff like "OMG HINATA IZ TEH STRONGEST GENIN EVER BECAUSE SHE FOUGHT NEJI!11!11" or "OMG HINATA COULD KILL SAKURA IN ONE HIT OR JUST BY LOOKING AT HER!!!111"

Seriously this is how bad NF was until the Anti-Hinata FC came around. You would even find a billion threads dedicated to Hinata's non-existant "features" including their claims of living in Hinata's jacket and that Hinata has Tsunade-esque boobs.

It's no wonder why people hate Hinata now. Mizura said it nicely. Hinata was overhyped while Sakura was overbashed and people just got sick and tired of it.

10. Lullaby

I only joined this month, so I never saw the overhyping of Hinata..and thank god. >_> I could've hated her if I did see boards about her 'boobs'

But I like Hinata because of her determination to change herself, but the thing I proberly don't like is what she wears and how damn shy she is.

11. Amatsu

Yeah well I just got sick and tired of having to defend Sakura constantly from hordes of rabid, obsessive, perverted Hinata fans. Heck compared to them the Sasuke fanbase was considerably more mature.

Probably the reason I stopped hating Sasuke... well besides the fact that I just didn't see him as being that bad anymore.

12. Mizura

Yeah well. The Hinata fandom has calmed down a Lot, and Sakura no longer needs "defending". So enough already. :notrust

13. Amatsu

She still needs defending! For as long as there are Anti-Sakura people out there the fight will never truly be over! ::dramatic pose::

Oi just kidding...

...But yeah we all know the Hinata fandom has calmed down a lot but once you got a taste of bashing Hinata it's just so hard to stop. :laugh

14. Mizura

Yeah well, try to limit yourself to the anti-Hinata fanclub, that's what it's for after all. :modsmack

15. Amatsu

Yeah well sorry! I am trying to quit you know!:amuse

16. Its because Sakura is lame and stupid and the worst character in history. And Hinata pwns teh f00s.

:huh

Spoiler:
    Thats why im glad sakura dies next chapter

17. Lullaby

Well, thats your opinion and I'm not going to go and try to make you change it.

But I hate Orochimaru but I don't go around saying hes stupid or lame.

Sakura's not perfect, like most anime girls tend to be, thats what I like about her she makes mistakes and is able to learn from them. Having her be nice, perfect and already strong ninja from the beginning isn't as exciting as seeing her develop her skills as a ninja and also from hating Naruto to becoming close friends with him and wanting to help him bring Sasuke back.

This is just my opinion of course, I don't mind Anti-Sakura people unless they say things like 'Sakuras such a bitch and should die' or 'Sakura useless, kill her off'. Shes a realistic character that you can relate to.

18. Amatsu

You know it's people like you which gives me more reason to NOT stop bashing Hinata. Thank goodness Mizura is a breath of fresh air.

Oi see this Mizura-chan? This is why I haven't stopped yet!

EDIT: Ironically the guy hates Sakura yet has her in his sig! :laugh

19. Its hard to spread the hate without visual aids. Especially on this forum ;).

20. Amatsu

But that's just the opinion of someone else though...:blink

21. Mizura

Aethos, you must have not been aware of the current situation. :notrust

NecroManc3r there is an isolated case. Just like LotU and Jiraiya-sama were isolated cases. Thinking that all Hinata fans and Sakura haters are like him is a generalization of the utmost idiocy.

22. Lullaby

Having a picture of Sakura thats basically bashing her, isn't really going to spread the hate or change anyones opinion on Sakura :blink

23. Amatsu

I'm not saying all the Hinata fans ARE like him! Are you mocking me?! IS THAT A CHALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLENGE?! :mad

Er sorry couldn't help but pull out the Stinkoman reference for that... :p

But the main point of this... I don't think ALL of them are like this but there's still a lot of them on the board and well with them around it's hard to not bash Hinata when they dare come around and bash Sakura... It's only fair and equal exchange that's all. They bash Sakura so I bash Hinata :amuse

24. kumagoro_usagi

But doesn't that make you as bad as them?

25. Amatsu

Not really... I don't really HATE Hinata. I'm very much indifferent. I tend to believe that I help weed out the HinaTards from the Hinata fans :laugh

Mizura-chan just doesn't like my methods.:amuse

26. kumagoro_usagi

Indifferent? From the all the fat jokes you sprut out about Hinata I thought you hated her. I'm indifferent to and recently joined the Sailor Hinata due to my love of the magic girl anime Sailor Moon. :sighs: memories.

27. Amatsu

Nah I just make all the fat jokes and stuff to piss off her fans. It actually works...

It's not the character who's the problem anyways it's the fans.

28. kumagoro_usagi

29. Amatsu

Well that's the difference. Whereas the Hinata fans hate Sakura for odd reason, I make out the impression that I hate Hinata in a way to counter their Sakura hate. Not that I care what the Hinata fans think of me in any case. It's not like I feel regret for it or anything. I mean it's their fault for bashing Sakura and not expecting it in return.

30. kumagoro_usagi

Still the methods are extreme. Though I do appreciate the Anti-Hinata fc for driving Hinatatards away. I used to hate Hinata so much I kept confusing her with a siren. I think I posted something like that when I first came across the Anti-Hinata fc in April.