1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The Lord of The Rings: Third Age

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by theoneandonly, Oct 10, 2004.

1. theoneandonly is back to his origin

What do you think about the game?

Tags:
  2. ?pamham New Member

The game looks sick. Ive only read a preview of it tho. So I really cant say much.

3. theoneandonly is back to his origin

The game is developed by Square-Enix. But I hope it doesn't use the concepts of Final Fantasy series..

4. ?pamham New Member

Isnt this the lotr game thats the rts? So Im pretty sure its not goin to go the same way as the ff series.

5. Nintai The Dark Side

I have the game and it's fun. It's a little like an RPG but mostly action. My favorite feature is the ability to see the weapons, accessories, and some other equipment on the actual character rather than simply equipping. The story line was garbage to me... but the actual exploration and battle was excellent. Not to mention the graphics were great. I liked the return of the king better because you could go online, but I lost interest in it after a month or so. I was able to beat this game once alone then I also played with my bro and had as much fun the second time around. Now that I am on that subject I should mention that LoTR: The Third Age has NO online capabilities BUT you can team up w/ a friend on the same console and wreak havoc together. There is also a function called evil mode where you can play as the bad buys in a set environment while advancing through levels until it ends and you get items you can bring back to your normal game.

The best parts of the game for me were the fight with the Balrog "graphics were almost perfect" and moving through moria. The graphics were so amazing and expansive. I was surprised by how far the map went without the need to reload. Also the fight for the keep really stands out to me. I highly recommend this game if you are into this type.

Overall score: 45/60
    Graphics: 9/10
    Battle: 10/10
    Storyline/Characters: 3/10 [characters unrelated to J.R.R's LoTR are shifty at best]
    Playabilty: 8/10
    Load Time: 8/10
    Multiplayer/Online: 7/10 [2 player only w/o online capabilities]

To answer theoneandonly: I love Final Fantasy BUT this game is nothing like it. I think you will find it a pleasant addition to your collection. ;)

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  6. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

WoW Super old bump. Anyway i enjoyed the game too, was actually thinking of playing it again. I actually enjoyed the story though it was nothing special but i agree with the battle system and graphics being great.

7. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

it was good, but it had the stupidest end boss EVER.

8. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Worse then halo 3's final "Little ball of doom that can be defeated in one hit" boss? :huh

9. Vonocourt staccato, stilted, and halting

It was the eye right?

Couldn't they have just pepper-sprayed it?