1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

the manga vs the anime

Discussion in 'Akihabara Records' started by EMPRA, Oct 13, 2004.

1. EMPRA ?allen Angel

from what you've seen, do mangas usually cross over to animes well or itz all different al together what are your thoughts...

Tags:
  2. Code Zoamelgustar

It's different. Depends on the anime. Most cases if not all so far the manga is better than the anime. There are some where the anime WAS better but then the manga just becamse a lot better than the anime like FMA.

So manga but it really depends.

3. meihinote 我愛睡覺.

Depends on the person, too. I think FMA as an anime was better than the manga, period. But that was a particularly good crossover.

I find that mangas are generally better, mostly because they tend to be darker and illustrate feeling better.

On the other hand, animes that crossover to mangas are almost always bad :p

4. Sarachi la fine

I agree fully with you :)

5. Fullmetal Moderator

well it actually depends. the anime is probably best since you get to see storyline through the magic of animation instead of happen to just see still images and letting the imagination run wild. also some animes make better drawings and pickout better clothing than compared to the anime

6. DeathNote Chouji Must Die

The manga usually has a more authentic feel to it, for me atleast. This is because the real author/artist of the manga is actually drawing it to how he sees it. In animes its the copy cats that draw, not the original.

For example the whole Tsunade/Orochimaru Arc that just finished on JpTv sucked. It looked alot better on the manga, but in the anime it just pretty much dull.

The anime doesn't mess up all the time but they it is bound to especially when the people drawing aren't the original artist/author.

Overall reading the manga AND watching the anime is the best choice. Win Win, there is no losing.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  7. NeoHaku Kiri Sato: Jounin

Both manga and anime are beautiful in terms of art. Can't decide. But if I had to choose, anime, in terms of adding more detail...and manga, in terms of originality.

8. ahheng21 Singapore's SpamKing

i think i would prefer anime... likes to see things move

9. Penfoud Shichibukai

Depends on what serie, but I like manga more than anime in most cases.

10. mow <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

I prefer the manga, the artwork trully shines more in it and plus there have been so many animes that completely butcherd the manga, Hellsing is a good example

11. Aryael special

i like manga better. for the most part, it's usually manga to anime. so you get more originality and what the author intended w/ manga. but sometimes, like w/ escaflowne, the manga basically changed everything, even the character designs, and that ruins it.

i prefer manga cuz you can get through it faster and it's portable.

12. Noex Member No. 4154

that depends on wich was first and if the second is true 2 the story i think ;)

13. Jh1stgen Active Member

Anime can change anything they want from the manga. And if there isn't a gap between the anime and manga, there's tend to be boring fillers

14. Noex Member No. 4154

but u want it 2 be true 2 the story right???

15. onlythestrongest EroKage

The manga tends to be better cuz it sticks with the creators original intentions and u can let ur imagination animate the story. Anime adaptions are of course good when the creator stays involved. And of course talented voice acting, animators and good soundtracks can make or break the anime.

16. PATMAN ASDganp90 sd(*)(* 0989()*)

Manga all the way!!! 1) you don't need some sort of screen to watch, you don't have to wait to download it and also.... It's portable and faster to get through the series

17. Jh1stgen Active Member

Take inuyasha for example ... god damn, the anime ruined it so badly

18. Freelancer_ New Member

OK its pretty simple eveyone knows that if the manga is good enough there is going to be a anime from it.

19. Kimun* Not a Baker.

Manga. I mean, animes are just extra compared to the original story. To me it's like comparing a book to a film adaptation.

20. Princess Ari Akatsuki Tea Girl

I have to say that it really does depend. Alot of the manga I buy have been anime series i have watched, and they have seemed to crossover well. With manga, i find there is usaully much more detail to the story, I guess its just easier to do that with a manga rather than an anime. I know that after I read CCS: Master of the Clow, it was far cuter and sweeter than the anime (something I didnt think was possible) I agree with Kinum* that the anime is often an extra compund to the story. For example, I think that GetBackers manga has a slightly different feel to the anime, but its not necessarily a bad thing.^^

21. Uchicha Itachi KS: Uchicha-Sama

i prefer the manga.. I got used to it..

22. Speedy_Shrimpo Super Speedy!

23. Filipz Leaf Hidden in Sand

Manga is much better ... (that should be the poll )

24. Kratos_Aurion New Member

Hmm i would go for anime because with manga all you do is read and i like it when they do a song at the right time and such

25. ninamori Well-Known Member

I think that mangas are better because they usualy go deeper into how people are thinking and the art is of higher quality. Also when you read a manga, you get to make up your own voices of the characters that fit better than the anime (because it's all opinion). When I read a manga and then watch the anime, I'm dissapointed alot because they leave out too much stuff and the voices are all wrong, but when I watch a anime, and then read the manga, I end up understanding more about it than I did before.

26. Aruka Miss Demeanor™

I love them both, but I prefer manga.

27. Kakashi_TCN Dark Shinigami

i perfer the manga. because you could just picture it in your head

28. mpthread Medic of Doom

Let?s take berserk as an example. A lot of people liked this anime but absolutely hated the ending to it. So if we line up the episodes with the volumes of manga it goes episode 1 covers the first three volumes of the manga, needless to say a lot is left out. Then the series goes up to episode 25, I think, which only covers from vol 4 to the first half of volume 12, currently berserk is up to vol 29. And in the anime, they left out a shitload of detail that explains what happens so a lot of people are only getting pieces of the story that are badly put together. So while some animes do a good job and rarely a better job, there are always these that turn a good manga series into a crappy anime series. Kenshin and Hellsing come to mind for being very bad compared to the manga.

29. sheena Well-Known Member

i like manga and the anime but some times there very differient it's hard to belive there the same thing'^^

30. Inuhanyou Wham

For the vast majority, the manga's have always been vastly superior, whether in quality of art, depth, characterization and absence of fillers. That and the small fact that the anime series's of said manga's can usually lose the original manga author's intent and ruin the series.

Some anime's in the minority that are usually somewhat close to the manga version in terms of entertainment value and at best much better, usually has to do with the fact that the story directors are skilled, or the manga is just that much unsatisfying.

Such examples of good adaptions/andor better then the manga's are : Full metal alchemist, Scryed, Trigun, Midori Days, and Card Captor Sakura