1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

The most extreme examples of procrastination thread

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by Solar, Oct 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solar on a Forums Break

So I have a senior thesis due. I actually took the course titled "Senior seminar" during last year's spring Semester (Jan-Jun '05) Everyone that was a senior has already graduated, and recieved their diploma. I walked with everyone at the graduation commencement ceremony. And yet... I have this freaking paper that was due in May.

Currently my grade for the senior seminar is an incomplete. I have until the next semester begins before the grade becomes an "F" and I have to pay for the course all over again. I am currently jobless and without a diploma in hand, am planning to go to grad school. My Dad thinks that I am done with undergrad and that I have my degree.

Right now, I have the books for the Paper, but I haven't actually begun writing anything.

Putting things off is a theme in my life: I haven't washed my car in 2 years.
    I have a broken rear tail light I've been meaning to fix for a year and a half.
    I have a load of dress pants I've been meaning to take to the dry cleaner for 4 months.

The list goes on.

I invite all procrastinators to do their best to trump my masterful game of post-poning life's events.

Bring it on.

Tags:
  2. CrazyMoronX Old Man

I have a book I've been meaning to finish reading, that I haven't read in 5 years.

I have a book I've been meaning to work on writing that I haven't touched for 3 years.

I've been trying to "get back to the gym" for 2 years.

I've been meaning to ask a girl out for about 8 years.

PS: The true procrastinators will put off replying to this thread for months to come.

3. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

I didnt ask this girl out for 6 years, never did and I never saw her again.

I did my entire Senior and Junior papers 1 day before they were due and I got 2 A's. How did I get 2 A's? Well im just good like that.

Ive been meaning to replay FF7 over again, even though its a great game, I just havent come around to it.

4. Keramachi Fight war, not wars.

I've been meaning to work on an english project.

5. Voynich MADDER RED

Last year of highschool, I had my final paper due in December. I wrote it on the last day before the exams which was uhm... halfway June. I passed though.

I was suppose to get a job and found a nice place to work, but I had to hand in my resume. Handed it in 3 months later...of course the job was already taken xD

6. SillyRabbit123 ...

my history teacher assigned a project last month that was due last mon. i pretended i was sick so i could finish it and just started right now. i realized if i wanted a C i needed atleast a week but here i am on the comp. sigh.,,.,....oh ya! could u plz sign up for the non naruto fan club jappopaloozian?

7. JAPPO Orochimaru's Reincarnation

Only those with a weak heart may join. Anyway good luck with whatever this thread is about

8. numerrik the numerrikal one

how about the govener of the most liberal state in america trying to get sugar banned as a drug?

9. NarutardKK l'Cie

I'm supposed to be doing a group project that's due tomorrow but I'm sitting here typing this post instead....mind you it's a group project....

Not to mention procrastinating on my fanfics and story
    Not to mention procrastinating on doing the dishes
    Not to mention procrastinating on many many other things

10. Cyberwaste A Cult of Personality

I waited 11 hours to post in this thread. :)

You can't be a procrastinator, you started this thread in the A.M.! No real procrastinator wakes up before 1pm. ;-)

11. road_rash martial artist

I do my friend's HW, who's at MUCH higher ranked classes then me, so I don't have ot do my HW >_>

12. Archssor ~ Carpe Diem ~

I don't really procrastinate luckly... :whoo

13. ez Jesus Christ

I have a 15 Page report, along with a speech do Novemer first. I have not begun and I don't plan to anytime soon. :( Curse my lazy ways!

14. crabman Jamin'

Ur just like me....... minus the "get back" to the gym part, i still need to get to it first.

15. camus Absolute Zero

I have Machine Dynamics homework and Applied Thermodynamics homework both do tomorrow and I have just started well not really since I'm posting this instead. looks like its going to be a long night and so the life of the procrastinator.

16. justafase They called him 'Astro Man'

There was this one ti

17. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I once read a book, and wrote a 15 page essay the day before it was due. The book was Joseph Andrews (the satrical comeback to the 18th century novel Pamela Andrews), and it wasn't a short read either. When I told the teacher what I did, after he gave me an A ofcourse, he started laughing and was a little disapointed and proud at the same time :_

18. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

I've been meaning to ask a certain girl out for 2 years, I'm missing 50% of the assignments in my Biology class 'cause I never got around to doing them. My first huge repot I did in seventh grade. We had the whole year to create a huge science experiment thing, I didn't research anything till the day before it was due and I ended up with a B. I'd say that last one was the best one I ever did.​

19. ez Jesus Christ

Another one is, I've been planning to get in shape for about 10 years now...Guess what, I'm still not in shape! :)

20. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

I put off life for almost 27 years because I was scared of old white guys with lab coats.

21. Tousenz Banned

I was supposed to change my sister diaper.

That was 16 years ago.

22. Tayuya (the banned one) S-Ranked Evil Bitch

Hmm, usually I don't finish my games even though I can at anytime and I always do my homework the minute before it's due.

>_> And I always get good grades. Pathetic.

23. xeno Emmissary of Dance

My paper is due in class 10 hrs from now. . . . .I haven't started yet. . . . . . and yet I'm posting here. . . . . .

24. Ha-ri Dai Gurren Brigade member

My english project's due in 14 hours and I need to read and summeries 14 short stories before then.

25. DaKeR I love drums

I got a C-D today in a test....studied 10 minutes before

26. Niabingi Skyentist

I have been to two lectures since uni started as I just keep thinking to myself its not really important that I go in today I'll start seriously next week or tomorrow etc etc (I usually have this thought when im meant to leave the house)

27. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

I'm sorry, I would have posted here ealier but....I just had so much to do!

28. chunks pimpled and angry

BUMP

Misery loves company.

My paper was due at 4pm today and I just started. (I want to stab myself.) Never started a major paper earlier than the night before. Never studied without cramming with an all-nighter. And I'm ALWAYS screwed when it comes to finals because we have self-scheduled exams so I tend to take all of them on the last day possible. But not this year!! I swear.

29. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

lol, i think i'm the biggest procrastinator!:nuts

I have like 15 RPG games that i bought and i still haven't play them, and i tell myself everyday, that i would start the next day playing, and never do. To busy thinking how many hours would be spent and when the next game comes out.

If i have a project due in a week, i get myself pumped saying how i'm going to organized my time and how i'm going to ace my presentation. I spent 6 days repeating that to myself, until i get a reality check in the night before the presentation.

Thanks god i ace them or i would be in deep shit.

I tell myself, i will read all the books that i bought during the summer vacation and then when the vacation come to an end, i remember that i wasn't able to read none of those books.

30. CWar バージョン1.0

I don't know about extreme, but all of my college work are finished an hour before class starts. The other hour for traveling. Best of all, it always gets about A-C range. Once I had a Geography essay 3 hours before class which I had totally forgotten. Everyone was saying how they worked days for it. Finished it up in that 3 hours. I was the highest in the class with an A+ LOL.

Another is guitar. I told myself that I will learn to play a guitar. Bought the guitar. But I was just too lazy to go buy the amp. It was only about 3 years later, today, I bought an amp, and learned to play the guitar.

And just today. I'm supposed to have my medical checkup 6 months ago, or I couldn't signup for next semester. I've just made an appointment today, and they were saying like it was supposed to be due the first week of 6 months ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.