1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The Naruto Fanfic Recs Thread

Discussion in 'Naruto Fanworks' started by Spectrum, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Spectrum

Making a new thread for this, because the old one (here, for reference) disallowed commenting on the fics, and in my opinion there's not much point to recommending something if you're not allowed to talk about why. We're obviously people who like to talk about things, or else we wouldn't be posting here, so... talk away.

Post your favorite fics here. Be sure to include at least the following:

Name:
    Author:
    Summary:

Also include the rating and status (ongoing/complete) if you can, as well as any pairings if it's a romance fic. Don't link to anything NC-17, due to forum rules (there is a thread for lemons and such in the Bath House section, which you can access if you're over 18), but anything else is fine--het, yaoi, yuri, whatever... have at it. And feel free to talk about why you're reccing the fic.

----------

I'll start off with one:

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Sasuke's return to Konoha, and everything that comes after it. Some people have changed more than they wanted or deserved to. (Vaguely AU. B.Y.O.Subtext)
    Rating: M

Hands-down the best Naruto fic I've ever read. Everything that could ever be good in a fanfic, this story has in spades. IC character development? That's why I fell in love with it in the first place. Actual plot? You bet, and a heck of an addicting one at that. Good writing? The author is insanely talented. Humor? Check. Action? Check. Drama/angst? Checkcheckcheck. Omg, check.

Aside from the SakuLee that very soon becomes apparent, there aren't any pairings, because the fic doesn't focus on that. It's all about character relationships, but all kinds, not just romantic. And, well... the fic is just good. Really damn good. Check it out if you get the chance.

That said, looking forward to seeing some more recommendations. :amuse

Tags:
  2. endgame

I think someone recommended this in the old thread, but the story is so good I'm recommending it again. :amuse

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Ten years ago Naruto died in the fight against Orochimaru. At least...that's what everyone was told.
    Rating: T

IMO the best Naruto fanfiction I have ever read. No pairings of yet, there are hints of SasuNaru, but you can probably look past that and consider it friendship.

Another fic set in the 'future', mostly drama with angst, but at times humorous and witty. The story & plot are very well written and interesting, and the characters are well developed.

Well my description sucked, I'm not good with words. Go and read it yourself, I definitely recommend it. :amuse

3. Katara

Hehe, I'm glad someone recommended it again, otherwise I would've re-recommended it. :amuse

To add to what he said, Walking Corpse is written like a novel. Her use of the language is amazing.

And yes, she really builds on the friendship between Naruto and Sasuke as friends in this version. ;) And she does it well. The characters are not ooc, except for the inevitable changes that time and trauma brought about so any changes that're there are understandable.

There are pairings that are indicated but nothing really serious--unless you check out the aff version of it. But they don't take center stage and are pretty much just background.

The plot, the scenes, all of it is just gorgeous to read.

~~~

Someone also recommended this before as well. But since it's not on the front page anymore, I'll bring it back up--for anyone who isn't reading this already. :amuse

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: After his training with Jiraiya is interrupted by an Akatsuki attack, Naruto makes a dangerous gamble with the Kyuubi in order to survive. [AU after manga 238] [Epic Length] [NaruIno]

This author has an eye for detail: the chapters are lengthy and descriptive. And you can tell that she puts a lot of effort into each chapter, not to mention the whole story. For example, she creates techniques, and give us the rundown of what they can do at the end of some chapters. It's really quite interesting.

The way she developed the characters' personalities following the time-skip is something entirely different. Most of them are nothing like what they are in the manga and it's very nice change. I don't want to go into anything specific otherwise I'll end up spilling the beans for something but it's very good read.

For those who can add to this 'review', please do. They're both must-reads.

~~~

And Spec, I just read the first chapter of Ripple Effect. Thank you for the rec! :) I've never read a fic based off of Sasuke but I'm liking it so far.

------

Also, are we allowed to comment on other fics like this or would you rather we kept it to separate threads to avoid spoiler issues?

4. Hitomi_No_Ryu

:sad Aww...No NC-17...there's really good one to want to Rec about too.
    *cough*
    Spoiler: If your interested...
    'Spiral Falling' on AFF.net
    *cough*

--------

Name: Naruto Primer
    Author: Link and Luigi
    Summary: Ever read Chicken Soup for the Soul? Well, this isn't really like it. But it has the same format filled with all sorts of short stories. You're BOUND to find something for the whole family! COMPLETED!
    Rating: K+
    Link:

The greatest aspect about this fic is that the author doesn't show favoritism for any one particular character. Instead the author insults everyone equally. Though first chapters may seem...stupid, its gets better further along. While most of the short stories are hilarious, a rare few tucks at your heart strings in raw emotion. I reccomend this to any Naruto fan regardless of your preference. And be sure to read 'Naruto Primer: Lost Chapters' soon after you read all of Naruto Primer.

--------

5. Spectrum

I've got no problem with it; it would likely make the thread more active (which is a major feat in our poor deprived fanfic section XD). Just use spoiler tags when discussing fic spoilers, I suppose. :wink

Gotta check out Walking Corpse, then, with two recs like that. And Hitomi_No_Ryu, the reason nothing NC-17 should be directly linked is because that's in line with the rest of the forum rules. That kind of thing belongs in the Bath House (if you're over 18, anyway... if you're not, you're kind of out of luck, sorry XD).

Anyway, a couple more recs...

----------

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: It?s said that beauty is only skin deep and that to truly know a person you have to look beneath the flesh to the soul within the casing.

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Things are not always as they appear, people are not always who they seem to be; where-ever you are, whatever you do, whoever you talk to - remember to always look Underneath the Underneath.

I think I recommended these in the first thread as well, but nevermind. :p The first story has a lot of SasuNaru friendship, and the sequel slowly evolves into shounen ai as it progresses (nothing much right up till the end, though). What I like so much about these two fics is that they're really in character, which tends to be an extremely rare thing when it comes to SasuNaru (or any yaoi/shounen ai pairings, really). The author takes it slow (as I said, the first fic is literally just friendship through and through), and it's much more believable that way.

The plots for both stories are also really good; they keep you reading. In Skinless, Naruto's spirit has been separated from his body by some sort of jutsu, and only Sasuke can now see and hear his incorporeal self. The trouble is that Sasuke, thinking he must be nuts, insists on treating Naruto's 'ghost' as a hallucination or something for the first part of the fic, not wanting to believe it's actually real. By the time he does realize, he and Sakura are already caught up in all sorts of trouble from the mission they're on, so they've got other things to worry about. As for the second fic, it takes place about six months later, and the plot basically focuses on Sasuke and Naruto's relationship as they train for and then take the chuunin exam again. Both fics are extremely character-focused, and like I said, they're actually in character, so yeah... great reads.

6. Hitomi_No_Ryu

I know...:sad ...can't until I'm 18! Oh I read 'Skinless' and 'Underneath the Underneath'. You have a good eye for award-winning fics!! Anyway here's another rec:

Name: Between Sun and Moon
    Author: Kaara
    Summary: Ino... in Team Seven. With two chronic cases of lonely orphans. A photogenic love triangle. Set after the Genin Exam. NaruIno, one-sided SasuIno.
    Link:

In a nutshell, this fic's pretty much about Ino looking at both her teammates in a new light and decides to help them become truly happy. I found this simple storyline making the fic quite lovable. The right amount of romance (if you can call it that) is used so it doesn't seem overwhelming or lame. This is not Ino we know from the Naruto series. Instead she is portrayed a girl who can't sit back and ignore the hidden sadness of the people around her without getting herself upset. Ino fans will fall head-over-heel for this fic.

The only thing I can complain about is Ino's Mom. It seemed way too easy for her to accept Naruto since she was so against him in the first place. Other then that...great fic. Good for when you want something different from the 'usual' fanfic.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2005
  7. Cornuthaum

I'm pretty sure that Squiddy is indeed a man, and would eat you alive for calling him a girl.

That, or an expressive lesbian judging from his interest in character such as Inoue Orihime, Sabaku no Temari and Yamanaka Ino.

With other words, he's a he. :D

But yes, Foxhound is great, along the best fics I read so far (and I read many of the Naruto fanfics, and most if not all of the "best" ones), along the likes of The SOC Puppet, Geno Calamari, Foxie-sama and Patient Mountain, who, as it seems, is also known as Wrath here.
    These four are, together with Kraken, my top 5 authors of the Naruto fandom . (Other good authors include refused! and Princess-tsunade, but the one's too lazy for his own good and the latter is troubled with too much work ... :( )

Alas ! Now to present a fic of my own ... ^^
    Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Tenten, now an 18 years old Chuunin, takes her first step as ANBU. Never did she imagine that a certain blonde would be the new captain of her team. NaruTen.

Although the lazy-ass known as refused has not updated BaM for almost a year (much to my ongoing protests) because of our shared addiction of World of Warcraft, he now (after rampaging through Blackwing Lair already) decided to take some time to write fanfiction again, especially Behind a Mask.
    It sports an interesting, if yet not-so developed plot (due to the lack of updates *grumble*), interesting OC's, hilarious humor (at least, it's exactly my kind of humor) and a love for details and descriptions.

Yay :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2005
  8. Wrath

!!! That's me! :occa

Oh, and Behind a Mask is a favourite of mine as well.

9. Cornuthaum

I discovered you being the great author of it just moments after I posted that (and will subsequiently edit it :D)

M'eh... another fic one should read is Flower Of Konoha by Princess-Tsunade ... unfortunately, the hime has been plagued with severe coursework at university, but I fervently hope that she'll be able to write more soon.

10. refused!

Blasted fool, calling me a lazy ass :notrust

Anyhow. Recommendations.

's .

Naruto & Temari are forced into a relationship by their respective villages to help the peace-treaty between Leaf & the Sand.

I really love this fic (but hate the lack of updates, though I obviously shouldn't be one to speak here). Think this is what (along with SOCpuppet's fics), intially, got me into fanfiction and - after rereading - also into rare pairings (and I'm talking rare but plausible here, not Gamabunta x Yondaime's ghost...)

11. Lackey_H

>.> I'm not dead!
    Betrothal's not dead!
    Er... Just... distracted. Yeah. That's it.

*runs the hell away*

12. Cornuthaum

You can not run, you can not hide. We will find you, and then chain you to your PC. *mwaha*

Another one !

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: A Naruto from a ravaged future is sent back to when it all began, to reverse the damage and heal Konoha's future, and perhaps the minds of two young genins as well... SakuNaru and SakuSasu. Pretty violent.

13. refused!

You keep telling yourself that :amuse

Nah, but I know how it is. Sometimes it can be painful to start writing again without the inspiration.

Anyhow, lets not turn this into a conversation thread.

by

AU ? Naruto is brought up and raised among the ranks of the Akatsuki. Now eight years after his departure Konoha is a very different place and forces are moving to start a war that he will unwillingly will be the catalyst.

Yes, it does sound awfully clich?. "We've seen this before", right? Actually no. It goes deeper than most naruto-akatsuki fics, and I find myself surprised at how well-written it is. We see a nice personalisation of a 'darker' Naruto, quite alot of character development, and an actual plot. This is one of those fics that starts our really clich? (actually, the clich? stops at 2nd or 3rd chapter), but then redeem theirself and end up -really- good.

Unusual pairings - I mean really unusual (HakuTemari, AnkoItachi), but the author does make it work.

14. Aternox

Hm... I read a lot, but only few fics please me... I'm so picky, it's awful. My tastes are a bit strange, I don't read for the plot, or the suspense, but for the author's wrinting's approach. To me, a well written one-shot, with an interesting rendering of the charas (and a good chara-psychology knowledge) is more interesting than epic ongoings. Xd

But there's a couple of fics I *really* love Xd.

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: History repeats in strange ways, and not all traditions or acts of kindness are readily apparent or easily understood. One-shot, moderate AU, set during the timeskip.

Noxie's useless point
    : This, is pretty perfect to me. I love one-shots, because they are generally more *thought* than ongoing (well, for a start, you can't come accross thos annoying High School AU in oneshots). Oneshots are short and punchy, and the best ones leave you an uneasy feeling when you're over with them. Repetition is one of those.
    To put it simply, it's Jiraiya POV, the hermit is musing over Naruto's first experience with killing. It's really well writen, intelligent, and the author should be more ... well, well-known.

Name: , and
    Author:
    Summary: There are many stories about how the Kitsune got their name... / (Sequel to Ki-Tsu-Ne) Sasuke's got some choices to make in his life.

Noxie's useless point
    : Icka is not well known in the Naruto fandom. But she is a true celebrity in others (DC, IY). Her fic, Kitsune, is one of the first Naruto fic I read. It was one of the first too. Recently, she wrote a sequel, and I was trully delighted with it. Her style is so nice and simple (and yet perfect and complex), it's such a relief from all the others "done to death" plotlines. She always ends up making something original... I worship her, I really do.

(Just because I can't resist quoting her : )

It was odd. He wasn't human, he was furry and he was happy for the first time that he could remember. Made him want to jump up and down, wave his paws in the air and drum his furry legs on the ground in a fast joyful dance. Or do something lewd with his tail. Yes, that was good.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  15. Lillian

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Rated M. [NaruHina]Ten years into Naruto timeline. Many of Naruto's friends have died. War tears up the peace that Kohona saw since the sealing of the Kyuubi. How to fix this? Time Traveling via Demon Kitsune, of course!

16. Hitomi_No_Ryu

Name:
    Author: purrfectly679
    Summary: [COMPLETE] After 5 long years, the heir to the Uchiha clan is finally back, engaged to a certain pink-haired girl... But old emotions reawaken as the 2 rivals once again meet face to face, eye to eye... And heart to heart? SasuNaru.

This is the best of the best when it comes to SasuNaru fics. Full of such detail and emotion that it WILL make you cry like a baby! The only major flaw is its crappy crazy-glued ending. Do NOT read the last chapter!! Fortunately for you, the author wrote an alternate ending. Read that instead...trust me on this one!:thumbs Here's the link to that alternate ending:

17. Katara

I read them both after your rec, and I like Ki-Tsu-Ne. A lot. I love how it's told. And the message is really nice.

Choices is a little...bizarre but it's...cute. Okay, that's definitely not the right word... Maybe "WAFF" is more appropriate. ;D
    Spoiler: On Choices
    But it doesn't seem like something Sasuke would suddenly decide, y'know? He's been going on about it for...five years? Doesn't seem like the type to give up on it so abruptly like that.

I'd totally agree with this rec, except for the fact that you didn't say anything about it!!!! =O

Action, drama, humor, even some romance. The way he tells the story is very nice, throwing in bits of the future as it comes along and not just throwing it all at us at once, resurfacing when it's appropriate. His characterization is amazing, in that they're believable, all the while recreating the situations with wrenches thrown in. And you get to see them all in a whole new light because he really develops them well. It's an excellent read.
    Spoiler: What I love in all of this?
    Naruto trying to fix everything while sober! XD

~~~

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: It was the greatest of insults. To forcefully cram such a perfect, beautiful body as his into this...this... child.

Honestly, I don't know what to say about it. :amuse It's something I think everyone should take a look at. A nice twist to everything we thought we knew; it can really get you thinking.

18. Miss CCV

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: If you're a SASUxSAKU fanatic like I, then you would definitely enjoy this fic! This has to be the best SasuxSaku fanfic I have ever read! Sakura is a little older and she is the top medical nin in the ANBU squad. She goes on a mission that will turn her world around when she leasts expects it. This fic is full of drama, romance, suspense, angst, humor, adventure, and every other emotion you can think of! It was so heart-wrenching, that it actually made me cry! Fanfics rarely have that kind of affect on me! I always recommend this fanfic to other people if there looking for a good one to read (especially if they're a SasuxSaku fan). I believe this was the fanfic that made me a huge fan of the angsty couple!

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: This is an extremely angsty one-shot about Team 7. Naruto and Sasuke are at odds with each other, and Sakura can't bear to see the sight of her male comrades fighting in front of her. She has had enough of this. The end result will break the hearts of the team members and even the readers. It's very well-crafted, detailed, and dramatic. I thought it was a very well-done one-shot!

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: This is a collection of extremely fluffy SasuxSaku drabbles. This are the best SasuxSaku drabbles I have read so far! They are very descriptive and truly romantic. They just make you go "awwwwwww!" and make you feel all mushy inside LOL!

Name:
    Author:
    Summary: Neji's leg is injured and he can't train or go on any missions. Naruto unexpectedly gives him a strange present: a bird...but it's not just an ordinary bird. This is my favorite Neji one-shot. It's very descriptive and has it's humorous moments. It also has great symbolism in it.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005
  19. cowabunga2k3

Name: Set In Stone
    Author: The Soc Puppet
    Description: AU. When the Leaf Village abandoned Naruto to die as a baby, the last thing they expected was for him to come back as a shinobi ? and perhaps an enemy.

Name: Bloodlines
    Author: The Soc Puppet
    Description: Knocked unconscious by Orochimaru's attack, Naruto awakes to discover a shocking secret about himself.

Soc Puppet is in my opinion, the best writer on ff.net for Naruto. He has a ton of other fics linked on his LJ, those are his 2 regularly updated on ff.net. CHECK THEM OUT. If you're a fan of Naruto and fanfiction, you will love those two fics.

Name: A Daemon's Artefact
    Author:
    Description: Five years have passed since the 'incident' in which Naruto lost control. Fives years spent with the Anbu and clothed in nightlife solitude. Five years and, he's out... When the Jounin exam comes around, will Naruto be there with the rest?

One of my favorite stories of the Naruto fandom, the author has a gift for poetry, his/her writing (not sure if it's a guy or girl) is amazingly descriptive and beautiful. It's not written as a poem, but some parts are just, well, poetic. Anyways, sometimes i'm not sure where this fic is going (it's been rewritten once) the pairings and whatnots are shady, but it's an addicting read.

Name: Something or Other
    Author: Geno Calamari
    Description: Hard to explain. NaruXSaku, the best one I've ever read. Prequel to Asinine Realizations.

Name: Asinine Realizations
    Author: Geno Calamari
    Description: Continuation of "Something or Other". Itachi draws nearer to completing his objective while Sasuke struggles to hold on, Naruto lives for tomorrow, and Neji watches it all unfold.

Geno Calamari in my books, is either the best or second best naruto writer on ff.net (him and soc can battle for the top spot). His fics are amazing in description and flow, you get sucked in instantly. Read everything in his profile, i just put his major fics as links. Geno knows how to write.

Name: Naruto: The Paths to Power
    Author: Indigonitelite
    Description: After failing to retrieve Sasuke, Kakashi disbands team 7 and Naruto is placed under Gai's tutelege. As they prepare for a second Chuunin exam at Hidden Cloud, events swirl around them manipulated foreseen and unforeseen foes.

Amazing story again. indigo really gets you into the thoughts of the characters, and you always know what's going on. I think he must be a psychologist or something, he's VERY analytical and the way his characters react to situation are amazingly realistic. indigo is one of the most underrated authors of the naruto fandom, he has a ton of reviews (348 last time i checked) but this guy gets absolutely no cred in the fandom, every1 just talks about kraken usually (no beef to kraken he writes an amazing story too)

Name: Genin
    Author: Flashfyre5
    Description: Naruto has tried for 4 years to pass the Chuunin exam and failed. Not because of a failure to win, (he's been the runaway winner of the final every time) but because of prejudice against him as a demon. Now a chance has come for him to finally advance, but then the shit hits the fan.

One of the older classics on ff.net, this is one of the first fics i read. It's an amazing work of fiction, though keep in mind that this is written pre Sasuke running away arc.

I don't really think that any of these authors is better than the other, i like every author for a different reason. i've handpicked the best of the best ff.net has to offer in my opinion, so don't take the "best author" stuff too literally. each one of these author's is a best in my book. i chose authors that really haven't been known or heard of, and hopefully they can finally get recognized for their AMAZING work. i encourage every one of you that enjoys the naruto fanfic world to read and explore these fics, none of them will dissappoint. i gurantee u :D personally i think that if you really wanna read fanfic, than skipping any of these is blasphemy :D umm. quick note, something or other is NC17 but it's worth it, it with asinine realizations (wip) is the best NaruXSaku fic out there. even if you don't dig NaruXSaku, geno really knows how to write his relationships, and you'll start rooting for NaruXSaku, 'cuz it's not so straightforward as a straight up them two hooking up and living happily ever after.

20. TheVileOne

Dude, that last one by Geno is pretty disturbing.

I mean holy crap...chapter 2...holy crap.

21. TheVileOne

Dude, that last one by Geno is pretty disturbing.

I mean holy crap...chapter 2...holy crap.

For fans of Naruto/Sakura, this is without hyperbole the BEST one:

Training For The Job:
    by Desaix:

A great Naruto/Sakura pairing fic. I love the characterization of Naruto here as Desaix has an amazing grasp of him. Its the same Naruto, but he's growing older and more mature as well. Sakura finally grows out of her immature fixation of Sasuke and realizes how badly she's been ignoring Naruto for so long.

A great Naruto/Hinata fanfic:

Windows Of The Soul:
    by Raginghobo:

Mostly fluff regarding Naruto and Hinata's courtship, engagement, marriage, kids, etc. Its really cute and fun. I enjoy it. Similar to Legends Of The Fox.

22. Elysium

Many of my favorite fics have already been mentioned, but I would like to point out one.

Name: The Indirect Approach
    Author: The Sh33p
    Summary: On the eve of the Chuunin Exams, during his training with Jiraiya, Uzumaki Naruto is going to learn the hard way that some enemies just can't be beaten without use of a more... Indirect approach...

Despite the somewhat lacking summary, this fic goes into what Naruto went through in his 2.5 years away from Konoha. It gets brutal very quickly at the start. o_o It also goes into what the genin back at home might have gone through for their Chuunin exam. I believe the fic is slowly going for a NaruHina thing, though I'm not certain. Regardless, despite being just six chapters long so far, it's grabbed my attention. ^^

Oh, one more link...

Too many fics to mention, by Dave-D.

Pretty much all of them are NaruHina, and mixes many myths and legends into the storytelling, so you get to learn a bit too. =)

23. TheVileOne

Kind of off topic but Dave-D's also composed some FANTASTIC Full Metal Panic Kaname/Sousuke fanfic as well.

The amount of research and folklore Dave-D puts in his fics is staggering.

24. Wrath

Now if only he could learn to integrate it better.

I like his fics a lot, but they would be so much better if half of each chapter didn't read like he's copy and pasted dry facts into them. Research = good. Boring your readers = very bad.

25. TheVileOne

I somewhat disagree since I think he's used it to great effect in his fics, especially his FMP ones.

26. sephibroth

Name:
    Author:chevira lowe
    Summary: History doesn't repeat itself as a punishment [SakuraxKakashi] This one tells mostly about kakashi and how he deals with the death of the 4th and his old teammates. sakxkaka is barely visible. (complete)

Name:
    Author: Leafygirl
    Summary: Sakura formulates her own plan to get Sasuke back. Unfortunately, using Itachi as part of the plan is a huge gamble. Itasaku. Spoilers up to manga 235 (In progress)

Name:
    Author: Leafygirl
    Summary: Sakura starts a game with Kakashi but when he leaves, Sasuke is left. Sakura must figure out what she will do about the two men in her life. Kakasaku Sasusaku (complete)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  27. Marysmary

Name:
    Author: Hibiki54
    Summary: The Uchiha clan were known as genius ninja. But all clans have that one black sheep. Meet Uchiha Itachi, born genius and the laziest ninja you will ever find! How does he accomplish anything while pissing off his parents and sleeping in most of the day?Rating: T

One of the BEST Naruto fanfics I've ever read. The characters develope and there's awesome storyline..but he doesn't update a lot..

28. BlackCoven

I have been reading Naruto fics for some time and I have a particular taste in plot content which makes my choice quite slim. Here would be some that I have read and enjoyed (most are not quite finished unfortunately)

Faith in Humanity -
    Restoration of Faith -

The original and sequel to this story are very well written and have an exciting storyline. My only complaint to this is Naruto's strength increase which is 0 to hero.
    Author: karrafear -

Summary
    AU. What if Naruto survived a murder attempt on his life at the age of 6 and had to leave Konoha for his own safety. Now 12, Naruto and Jiraiya returns to take the genin test. Finished! Lookout for Sequal - Restoration of Faith!

SEQUAL to Faith in Humanity Naruto OOC PG13. After Sandaime?s death, Naruto made a promise to himself to defy his own destiny and pursue a future that will lead to freedom and happiness. Chapter 15: WAR V Gate Guardians III!

Okay this is gonna take way to long, I will give you the name of the story and author and the link to the author to find his summary. All these listed below have become my favorites.
    A Fading Light - Perverted-senin -
    A Daemon's Artefact - Question Immorality -
    Colors of Life and Death - Songbird21 -
    Growing Up - Screamers -
    Human Nature - TailFear -
    Naruto Unlimited - Soritia -
    Never Ever - maboroshi-hime -
    Recognize My Existence! - Crystal Avatar - (For a good laugh)
    Return of the Forsaken - Burning-Angel-Kai -
    Ripple Effect - rayemars -
    Second Chances - Red Crow -
    Stray - ghettomusick23 -
    To Be Human - killfullmoon -
    Training for the Job - Desaix -
    Twisted Fates - GenocideHeart -
    Walking Corpse - dazdnconfusd730 -

29. TheVileOne

If anyone's a fan of the Naruto/Sakura pairing. I've found a couple more good ones on fanfiction.net:

Stupid little Blonde Kid by Komidol -
    Fairly well written and is developing nicely.

A Growing Love by Ashleyriot -
    Naruto/Sakura along with some very steamy Shizune/Kakashi.

30. Manetheren

Title:
    Author: Sesame Fiction

-10 chapters: Complete.

Summary:

Alternate Timeline story

After the clash at The Valley of the End, Naruto finds himself caught in a "Chakra Tear", created by the clashing of the Rasengan and Chidori. Trapped in this Tear, and presumed dead by Konoha, Naruto trains under the Kyuubi's guidance for 8 years before another Tear opens and he can escape. Tossed into the middle of a war, Naruto finds that only 4 years have passed since he left... What has changed in the time he was gone...

---

The author is really good at getting an authentic feel to alot of the dialogue and how the characters act. The story itself is well thought out, and quite interesting.

He is currently writing the sequel story: Time Away, and it is looking pretty promising as well.