1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

The New Five Kage Are A Disappointment

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by saboltgene, Nov 9, 2018.

1. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    Their performance against momoshiki was bad, the previous kage did a better job against madara (less than half strength) who is almost as strong as kaguya. Boruto lasted longer than all of them in the fight against momo, can you believe this? A kid in puberty did better than 4 adults?

Or maybe I'm being biased? @Etos pointed out that im biased which is true and I'm trying to change that. Ignorance won't get me anywhere, that's what life taught me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. LazyWaka Bringer of Darkness Retired Staff

While the new kage are indeed inconsistant, madara is no where close in power to momo before becoming the juubi jin.

3. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    Noted

4. Action Hero Biribiri

Trinidad and Tobago
    Edo Madara is no where near Jubbi Madara, let alone Kaguya.

5. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I think the point of that scene was to give Boruto center stage with the assistance of his father. The fight is a signature moment in the new series. Had the kages helped, I'm not sure if the scenes objective would have been clearly communicated.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

I think they could be interesting, but they were neglected in favour of Boruto. That makes sense from a character development point of view, but the battle messed up power scales massively.

Chojurō had limited development as it was, so for him to be promoted to Kage and have had about 5 panels of screentime since just doesn’t really cut it.

7. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah the other two were I guess the natural choice. If we wanted a next gen Kage Council. Chojuro didn't get to shine at all.

The other issue is the first fight they get is against a guy who can absorb chakra so they cannot even show much besides melee and sealing techniques cause they just get invalidated. So we really don't get to see how much they improved at all.That is the real problem in my book chakra absorption leads to lame fights cause only Gai, Rock Lee and Kirabi have cool unique styles that don't rely on chakra. And Lee is derivative of Gai.

8. watertaco Well-Known Member

9. Kras Lee Well-Known Member

yep and they took the useles chojuro instead of taking rock lee there lmao a scene where rock lee goes to sasuke and says he wants to go with them to save naruto and sasuke tell him to say cuz there is another otsutsuki would be good explain why rock lee didnt go but nah retarded creators

10. root eltiT resU motsuC

Their performance against Momoshiki is pretty impressive if you ask me. Compared to how easily Chojuro and Kurotsuchi are taken out in the Mist and Mitsuki arcs.

The old five kage felt scary and powerful. Even if they were overshadowed by our main characters and final villains. The new kage were overshadowed right from the start of the story, there isn't the buildup and hype that the previous generation got. And, as mentioned before, in the movie arc they only served as support to give Boruto his moment to shine.

11. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Also on paper is any Boruto Era Kage better then a Naruto Era Kage?

Besides Naruto and Gaara?

Seems like straight nerfs. Mei had two KKGs, Chojuro has a sword. Onoki could fly, had a Dust KKT, and some impressive lightening techniques. Kurotsuchi has Lava. Ei had insane super speed and chakra pool. Darui I guess makes out better then his peers he has Storm Release and Black Lightning. But we don't know anything about Black Lightning.

And the next gen characters we have seen from these Villages have also been shit. So really its crap all around.

12. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I can guarantee you that the new and old kage will make an appearance with all new jutsus(nin,tai,sealing and collaboration).

13. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Chojuro and Gaara bested Urashiki before he eye hax'd away to another dimension
    :catnoworries

14. Architect of the Works of Beauty

The only thing that bothers me about Momo fight is Darui not getting his own LCM. Given that he and Kakashi can conduct their respective type of lightnings through their bodies and the fact even some genin-chunin level kids can do that (Mitsuki's obese opponent and Buntan) to boost their perception and muscle reaction time and that both Darui's and Kakashi's lightnings are potent af, Kakashi should be the one who briefly becomes new V1 to V2 (or better) during the fight and that Darui who has tons of chakra should fight in this new-A4 form near all the way during the fight.

15. Architect of the Works of Beauty

But at least they didn't ruin him in the anime the way they trashed Chojuro and Kurotsuchi (there might be a gimmick in her capture, but for now they did some shit to her)...yet.

• List
  16. MS81 Supreme Jounin

This guy gets it!!!:edu I would like for Kakashi to learn raiton shroud from A` but purple lightning with the Kyuubi look to it. :del

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  17. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Yeah I always wanted to see kakashi use this ability.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  18. Architect of the Works of Beauty

Not sure if the perception boosting shroud is really needed to be learned separately.
    Well, Sasuke seemingly uses the lightning boost now, but I wonder does it take something else to be able to boost one's nerves' transmission speed besides the ability to conduct electricity along one's body as Sasuke could do it from the very beginning of PII, yet he never displayed reaction boost untill Boruto. Yeah, he had his Sharingan and Chidori and its variations already took a decent amount of chakra so he could have used it but not considered practical or he somehow didn't figure about that reaction boosting property of Chidori Nagashi or Kishi simply hadn't come up with that untill the FKS fight, but then why didn't he give it later to Sasuke too?
    Whatever the reason was, it seems now irrelevant looking at who uses it now (yes, one is a ninja from Kumo, but he is stil a genin who got trashed by base Mitsuki but the other one is a self taught amateur IIRC), so it doesn't appear to me it's something complicated and Kakashi who had been able to conduct electricity for ~14 years or more couldn't figure about the boost or learn it on his own. So I don't think Ay's tutelage is really needed.
    But in Darui's case that would be extremely dumb for him, who was A3's disciple, A4's right hand man for a while and his successor and who could conduct the electricity for 14+ years as well not to be able to use it for the reaction boost purpose.

19. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

As expected from Boruto tier writing. No even Kages can compare to Boruto's wank.

20. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Did Chojuro get fucked over twice? Or is this about the Kiri Civil War Arc I am a bit behind on the anime...

21. Architect of the Works of Beauty

yes, I was talking about School trip arc.

22. Owl Well-Known Member

23. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Ah yeah that was disgraceful he and Mei together easily should have stuffed that rebellion solo or together.

Also didn't like Kirabi losing Samehada offscreen or offpanel that was dumb. So some scrub in anime filler arc could use it. SMFH.

24. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Rock Lee still can only go to the 6 gate

what a disappointment

25. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

26. Wrecked Baloney Hay

Everyone but Gaara and Naruto are a disappointment because we barely got enough time with them.

Chojuro is extra lame because his future successor is a total wuss.
    EDIT: If one of those fodder Iwa brats is gonna succeed Kuro, then Iwa is even more lame.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  27. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

dude never did it

so he ain't got it

novels, movie, promotional wank?

this was the last info we got

idk is the 7th gate as bad as the 6th?

28. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Oh nah I thought you meant that he or someone else stated he couldn’t go past that. Maybe they’re just saving it for future arcs as a big reveal kind of thing.

29. Indra I can't stop eating

They could not use chakra and got wrecked because of that. They aren't Otsutsuki level either.

I expected more from Gaara though, but he really isnt hot shit without his sand.

30. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

Chojurro too when Urashiki was playing around with them

I mean if he wanted to he would've done the same hook speed he did on Toneri