1. Halloween Drawing Contest is happening now!
    drawing contest 04
    Click [HERE] to join up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Think your debating skills are the best around? Want to prove that your know what your talking about? Then come and join us for a Tournament and show your peers how to really debate.
    OBD Tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The new naruto comercial

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Techchu, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Techchu

I was just watching cartoonetwork and saw a new comercial....Not the one were it begins with the guy going Ninjutsu. Anyways if any one has it please upload? T.T

Tags:
  2. ShikaShino

havent seen, but i would like to...

3. SeruraRenge

Four things immediately came to mind for me

1. Ebisu's voice is in it. Not bad, but doesnt sound right for him.
    2. The part where it showed Sasuke throwing the Fuuma Shuriken...wasn't it supposed to be foggy??
    3. They showed footage from the intros in all of their commercials, which make me believe they will show the intros on CN.
    4. There was blood in the commercial, which makes me think that they won't cut as much as they could've.

4. TenshiOni

^It sounds like your describing the commercial that's been airing for the last week and not the new one, my friend.

5. Kucheeky Badkuya

The new one is with, Naruto knocking out Haku, right?

Teh commercial is good and all but it ends up saing the 'higher ninja', wouldn't it be Hokage?

6. Tayuya (the banned one)

So this is a new new one? Not the old 3 ones we had? When did you see it when it came on so I can catch it?

7. SeruraRenge

wait...there's an even newer one? When was it shown, cuz the only one I saw last night was the one I described.

8. TenshiOni

Nah, the one they repeated the hell out've last night is the one we've all been seeing for the last 5 days or so.

Supposedly, there's a new one that came out today.

9. SeruraRenge

Really? Well, they might show it again during AS tonight, so I might get a chance to see it.

10. KuwabaraTheMan

Its pretty likely they will. I mean, if any of you watched the Cowboy Bebop movie on AS last night, they had to have shown the Naruto commercial at least 5 times during that alone.

11. hatsuka

Yup, the new one is completely devoid of any speech except for deep voice guy. It starts with naruto painting the hokage faces from ep. 1, like "only one will rule the school but there will be many enemies before he gets there" and it flashes 3 random nins, haku, zabuza, dosu, gaara, temari, and 1st orochimaru face, and then it went to the graffiti naruto and then 1000 years of pain and some catch phrase I forgot.

12. BushidoPunk

Oh is this the commerical where Ebisu speaks? I like the sound of his dubbed voice. Its good for a perverted ninja like him :amuse

13. Techchu

Noooo that is the new old one XD There is a new new one now. This one im talking about does not end with naruto punching Haku. This one has lee in it =D. Also I cant wait to here what Gaara sounds like for some reason >.<

14. Tayuya (the banned one)

When did it come on? What show >_< Waaa I don't wanna miss it! Tell meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *chokes everyone to death and joins Akatsuki*

15. Daniee

Eh, I saw it during DBZ on Thursday. So check for it during DBZ on Monday =/

16. itachi_kage

yeah he sounds pretty badass, but i'm sure when he's not fighting or chasing naruto his voice is different.

the only thing that scares me is when the dude says "rule the school".

17. vick86

Makes you wonder whether they actually watched the show. Why do they keep talking about school when its only like important for one episode. Now these poor kids think they're gonna see a series about a ninja-school.:sad

18. stormbreak

I can only watch the ads when some uploads them, i live in the UK :( i want to see the dub episodes when they come out :'(

19. Shokara

Btw, the "deep voice guy" that narrates the promos is Peter Cullen, the voice of Optimus Prime in the original "The Transformers" (a.k.a. "Transformers: Generation One"). He also does voice-over work for many movie trailers and such. He also came up with the signature clicking-purr for the title alien monster in "The Predator" and was even the voice for Kong in the 1986 movie "King Kong Lives", the awful sequel to Dino de Laurentiis' 1976 remake of the original "King Kong."

20. silverwings

Perhaps because the "graduated" genin are with a sensei always? Or that there is another exam that lasts up until episode 80? Dunno, but that seems school like to me..:wink

21. vick86

I don't know how you define school. There is a teacher and an exam yes but isn't that normal for every martial art. Imagine saying that your off to school when your actually going to a karate-lesson.

The problem is that CN keeps talking about school and that the kids watching these commercials not knowing what Naruto is are expecting a series about a ninja-school.

22. hatsuka

I remember in 5th grade, DBZ was about to premier on CN, and I was talking with a friend about how cool it looked in the ads, they made it seem different than it really was: a series where you need to wait 2 episodes for them to stop talking and start punching, oh look, there goes a dust cloud. They always do this.

23. silverwings

That's not how *I* define school, sure, but that could be how CN/VIZ is looking at school defined in the Naruto universe.

Perhaps they see it as the academy as one part of a ninja's education followed by real-life experience as a Genin. Only until one advances to a Chunin does one leave the school, so to speak.

Or perhaps CN and Viz are just looking at it as "Hey, Chunin Exam = School" or something. We'll never know. Or they just needed a nifty tagline and that's all they could come up with. *shrugs*

It's not a huge deal if they say it; it won't change the meaning of the show at all.

24. Pazuzu

The one single thing that annoys me is that they gave "the art of stealth and perseverance" as a perfect translation of ninjutsu, but....they said "ninjitsu". Again.
    Why translate something then bugger up the original word? Especially since it'll be one of the most-said words in the series?

25. genesisofire

That's just how the CN guy mispronounces it. In the Cartoonnetwork.com clip they say "Jutsu" with a u sound.

26. Techchu

Well it is Jutsu but when they say it in Japanese it sounds like Jitsu which sounds cooler =/ Atleast that is what I think.

27. erein

Yes, but 'ninjutsu' doesn't clearly translate to that. It also is translated to meaning 'The art of Invisibility' and a few other things....that I can't remember at the moment. -_-; I was reading up on ninjutsu in a book from the library and it was telling about that. I still have that book, but I left it in my school locker.

28. JoshDB

"Who will be the top of the school?" WTF.

Just pitiful. :O

29. SeruraRenge

Ignore it.

I always had this strange feeling that the guy who writes this stuff never knows what the fuck he is talking about.

30. genesisofire

Well it's not really Jitsu or Jootsu. The 'u' kind of sound like the "oo" in book, as someone else previously stated. So I guess it's kind of in between.