1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The Official Akatsuki's Goal Thread! Discuss or complain here!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by -GoW-, Oct 26, 2006.

1. -GoW- seeing through shadows

So... this chapter showed AL not as a MIGHTY GOD who controls all members with a an iron fist due to his strength, but as the brain who commands the operations (pretty much as I said thousands of times before).

Akatsuki goal is immensily lame with, once again as I said, no connection to Naruto. The only thing that binds them is Naruto's bijuu.

Money...power.. monopoly... world domination. Wow...

I still say Orochimaru is far more important with his connection to Konoha, Sasuke, the Sannin... and most of all, with him being Naruto's archvillain.

Orochimaru will probably refer to AL as a dumb fool who only wishes to die in war.

If one of the Espada talked to Aizen like Hidan did with AL... he would long be gone.

Aizen said "As long as you stand by my side, an enemy that can stand to us, does not exist".

AL "We need money... and... bijuus.... and then we need to be recruited by countries... and profit with war while defeating other ninja forces... then... the world is ours..."

AL commands an organization, where everyone is rather equal. Aizen rules a kingdom where no one can match or even disrespect him.

And to think some said AL would be on pair with Kyuubi... Pathetic.

Bottom line: Akatsuki is plain vulgar. So much hype... for this?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Grrblt Banned

We've known all along that he was the one who commands the operations. How did the chapter show that AL is nog a MIGHTY GOD?

3. Dark Saga The Dawnbringer

I always thinking that AL was more important than Oro in the story,but i was wrong,i think after this chapter that Oro is far more important character than AL.Imo AL will not be the final Villain.

4. NecroAngel Member

I was also really hoping that the Akatsuki Leader wouldn't take any of Hidan's crap, and would pwn him in the face. Ah well.

5. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

Akatsuki=Resivoir Dogs

Also... everything IS based on peoples assumptions and hopes for a main villain. Did Kishi build up the AL? no
    We did.

6. Woofie Coordinator

Makes me glad I always disliked the Leader. :laugh

I still don't agree that Orochimaru is more important though. The Akatsuki Leader isn't Aizen, but neither is Orochimaru - Aizen hasn't flat out admitted that someone is stronger than him, or shown concern about any other group's activities. I'd say at best, this chapter evens things out.

7. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Let's see what happen, maybe Hidan is more important that we thought. the fact that their objective is cliché does not ruin the manga. (i hope)

You are like Mizura, every day I admire yoou more. :cry

8. Dark Saga The Dawnbringer

Yes man u are absolutely right.

9. shintebukuro Well-Known Member

People jumping to conclusions, same thing week after week.

Why would Kishimoto bother taking an entire chapter to explain akatsuki's goals if they are lame? Do you have no faith in Kishimoto as a good mangaka? What is the significance to continually hiding just the leader's face?

Akatsuki will not be disappointig in the end...Kishimoto is a better writer than that. We will just have to wait to see how things play out.

10. factorx3 don?t go back on my words...

Yes it just suks, we all spected fir somrthiing better than world domitation from AL... now... i just hope it´s not the true goal... ireally hope that.

11. Trias For in the sleep of death...

Pff, you suck. I'm seriously tired of you and your orochitardness, sucker. I'm not even gonna bother to give you proper responses, for you are beyond logic, sucker. Hmph, tch.

12. Kimi Sama A sphincter says what?

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, just because AL tolerated Hidan's mouthing off doesn't mean he is not powerful. Last chapter he refered to Hidan and Kakuzu as being like a couple of brats. He probably considers himself above bothering to get worked up by a brat.

Besides, what goal did you actualy have in mind? What other goal could a super secret organisation have, aside from getting power and taking shit over? They're hardly going to be running a beaniebaby bootlegging ring, now are they?

13. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

I will say this in Akatsuki's defense:

At least they have a goal.
    Orochimaru "likes to see things in motion" what kind of philosophy is that?
    Sure, he craves power, but with no ambition. His only goal I've seen is to gain power and crush Konoha.

small potatoes.

What'sa matter? Ain't got the stones to try world domination?
    He's the Monarch to Konoha's Venture industries.

14. Ofkinheimer Active Member

Exactly, we are the ones who have been billing them as uber powerful, unmatched, godlike shinobi.

Personally, i'm thankful this chapter knocked some people back to reality.

15. juUnior Member

yeah, its in some way pathetic to look now on Akatsuki with their plans.. Surely, AL would be probably more better like Aizen from Bleach ^^

16. Woofie Coordinator

You've got a good point there, I have to say.

Regardless of whether we think they're impressive or not, Kishimoto sure seems to... he made us wonder for so long, and now he spent a whole chapter explaining it, with a dramatic spread at the end for the final step. He made rather a big deal about it.

17. drunk kitsune [ ]

Akatsuki = Outer Heaven? :blink

18. -GoW- seeing through shadows

I remember when people said "AL is a GOD because he doesn't allow anyone to talk trash to him" Etc etc...

In chapter 328 Hidan said "I should curse him next time..." People said "Hidan was joking / Hidan was just talking in light spirit". Chapter 329 Hidan talked to AL with no fear at all.

Orochimaru's true goal is to understand the world he lives in, by knowing all jutsus in existence.

Orochimaru's immediate goal is to destroy Konoha, Akatsuki and take over Sasuke's body.

You must be retarded. Either you reply to my post in a proper way or don't reply at all.

19. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I actually like the AL better than before. Too bad for those who expected a shinobi who could easily destroy a shinobi village by himself but I'm quite happy that I don't have to endure the crap in Naruto like I did in many other manga - Bleach, DB, Rave, Samurai Deeper Kyo and so on. Finally a villain in shounen who actually needs strategy and not just brute strength, who doesn't have the ultimate power and doesn't smash the hero while he's weak, because he likes to see him struggle, but instead we see evil as it is on the rise.

Who cares about Oro, he survived two times merely by plot design and now Kishi has build the Akatsuki up enough to finally kill him off. Now that he has trained Sasuke and introduced him to the joys of evil he's unnecessary, same with Jiraiya. They have trained their successors and now all that's left for them is to die. Tsunade will cling to life a bit longer until Naruto is ready to take over but the Sannin won't have much of an impact on the rest of the story. It's up to Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke to do overcome the long shadow of their predecessors.

20. Dionysus Brandy and Death

So... AL has grand ambitions and threatens the world in an Illuminati-style manner. The group plans to destroy every ninja village eventually. The group also contains many secondary goals that the members hold.

Oro is, what? Driving to learn every jutsu while taking a little boys body? Secondary is his ambivalent desire to destroy Konoha. But he failed and now his "Sound" village doesn't seem to have many teeth.

Sasuke's pedstravaganza with Oro is coming to a head soon too. What plot line offers more story opportunity? Oro or Akatsuki?

Which is lamer? I think it matters what kind of tard you are, if one. (Coughcough) I'm not a tard, but I appreciate ALs ambition and (what seems to be evident more and more) his charisma and strategic prowess. He might be a goober in 10 chapters, but I doubt it. Oro seems to be the Hamlet of villains. Interesting to read about but unable to go through with anything.

Edit: and yes, Oro is also like the Monarch. He will leave floaters in Konohas toilets and leave.

21. -GoW- seeing through shadows

Lame or not, it needed to be explained so that people can finally know for a fact what is their ambition.

What is the significance to continually hide blue haired member?...

22. Dark Saga The Dawnbringer

LOL personally im not Oro fan,I just said that he looks more important now.
    As for you i think you need air, and a better attitude.

23. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Maybe that they have more mening that we thought, I do not see a reason they are hiding if they do not have some revelation 8and mayvbe they do not have, let's sit and wait).

24. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

And do nothing

25. Shisui is dead

Itachi is the final villain.

26. Grrblt Banned

That only proved that he is not a MIGHTY GOD who doesn't allow trash talk, it doesn't prove he is not a MIGHTY GOD. Some MIGHTY GODS are lenient.

27. LordSpark Oh NO! ROBOTS!

Now, now. We can't all build super weapons, obtain God-like power, or unseal the anciant evil that was locked away a thousand years ago.

I'm quite happy with this and it gives Akatsuki much more of a realistic feel to them. Whish is always better.

And to the loudest of bitchers, I'm quite sure that Itachi has other plans going on, Plus there's the Madara and Kyuubi things as well.

28. DeepThought I See What You Did There...

No... Itachi is Sasuke's Darth Vader.
    The Emperor is the final villain.

(Emporer=AL... or Kurenai's baby... not sure

29. Dionysus Brandy and Death

Yes, he's the Hamlet of Villains. And this play's about Fortinbras.

30. vagnard Well-Known Member

Sasuke talk trash to Oro all the time....and Oro doesn't "correct" him. That means he isn't powerful?. Do you consider the possibility that Al is more intelligent than that....?..... He doesn't even care about Hidan's opinion. Akatsuki is a GROUP....even if they have a Leader all of them joined by their own will to the group. Everyone has right to vote or is important.

Generally the last villians are more like AL (Lex Luthor type...a puppeter master) than Oro (The Joker type....the crazy motherfucker without a plan).

Why the hell do you insist that AL doesn't have any relation with Naruto when we don't even know his name, his past and his real motives behind his desire to dominate the world.

Oro has been around for nearly 300 chapters and he is the same stagnant character that doesn't offer any evolution of the story save to create conflict between Sasuke and Naruto. Oro is still here thanks to Sasuke....that's his only purpose in this manga....complete the training of Sasuke and create distance between Naruto and Sasuke.

But then you have Konoha, other villages, Itachi (who was hinted even before than Oro), Kyuubi, links with other characters (like Shikamaru-Hidan, Gaara-Deidara, Kisame-Team Gai, etc).

Akatsuki has way more to offer to this manga than Oro. Oro's part of the story will be resolved probably just a little before the battles against Itachi and AL who will be the final villians for both Sasuke and Naruto respectively.