1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech The Official Cryptocurrency Thread

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by Kuya, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Who else making massive gains? :cantrustleme

Tags:
  2. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

Never bothered with any forms of investments, but that *might* change in the future.
    Only reason why I've heard of Cryptocurrency is because of Bitcoin's hype, but even then I'm not exactly convinced that it's better to keep them; getting rid of them at a time like this is the best opportunity.

3. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Bitcoin is old news and outdated technology. It's the rise of the Alt Coins.

Ripple, Cardano, Raiblocks and Stellar Lumens making me more money than my regular job.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. John Wick I'd like a dinner reservation for twelve.

England
    I had some BTC from the time it was $300, and I got some dividends from a friend of mine who'd been mining them for years since I loaned him the cash to get up and running.

5. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

I hear binance is the way to go, and Krakken is lame?

6. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

Get it on Binance. It's really high at the moment, which is why I would suggest other alt-coins if you want to make more profits. Ripple should definitely rise once it gets added on Coinbase though, so I'm still holding onto my Ripples but I bought those when they were at 0,70.

7. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

What are your opinions on wallets for ripple? Or in general.

Trying to find good tutorial videos on this stuff.

EDIT: Binance and Bitrex are down for registration. Fuck me...

8. Kaveh Member

9. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

Unless you want to buy very huge amounts of coins, or are very anxious of the very rare possibility that your exchange gets hacked, you don't really need to use a wallet. If you really want to use a wallet, the best way to go is to buy a hardware wallet, but those are expensive so if you want more security and don't really want to spend money a software wallet will do just fine.

10. Island In the Sun

I've been wanting to get into cryptocurrencies for awhile, and I have a little bit of money to put into it. Any beginner's guides or anything like that?

11. Mider T VM Rapist

Should I make the unofficial cryptocurrency thread?:hm

I was going to buy some Bitcoin late last year when they were low and people forgot about them, I missed out.

12. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

Register on Coinbase ( ), verify your ID (it can take some time) and buy from there. At the moment you can only buy BTC, ETH and LTC there. If you are interested in investing into most of the other coins, you should create an account on Binance ( ). To trade there, you don't need to verify your ID, and you must buy ETH (or LTC, they are both faster and with lower fees than BTC, although I suggest ETH) on Coinbase and send it to your Binance's ETH address.

Another piece of advice is to diversify a little, don't go all in on a coin and do some research before investing in a coin.
    And remember that most of the coins under 1 dollar won't suddenly go to 10'000 dollars, because of market cap and circulating supply. Market cap is calculated by multiplying the price for the circulating supply. To guess a coin's current potential, I usually try to see how much it would be worth if the coin had a market cap similar to BTC, or of 100 billion.

To check coin's prices, go to:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

What're people's opinions on litecoin :psyduck

14. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Binance and Bittrex are your best bet. Good time to get in too since there has been a little pullback.

15. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

One crypto getting heavily into is called Oyster Pearl, will be re-branded to Oyster soon

Smaller circulating supply which I love

16. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

I suggest you guys to take a read at this:

It explains the token (COSS) available on the coss.io exchange in detail. It's at a very low price at the moment, the main competitor would be the KuCoin Shares (KCS) which are valued at 9,70 USD while COSS is currently at 0,65 USD, with a very lower market cap. It also seems like COSS could surpass KCS in the future because its holders will always get 50% of the site's commissions while KCS is currently at 50% but will get lowered in the future.

This can surely be a high reward investment.

Great coin with a great idea and a team in expansion. Will surely get much higher in value in the future, considering it's still not even on Binance. With the ever-growing crypto market, I wouldn't be surprised to see it hit 100 USD in the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

Binance registration is back up for a bit!!

18. savior2005 Well-Known Member

i just registered for coinbase and learning about cryptocurrency/bitcoins.

Is this stuff likely to grow in the near future? In the past year, I've only been buying/selling stocks through robinhood, which has no real fees. Would you guys suggest bitcoin/cryptocurrency over it? i read some articles that this cryptocurrency fad is going to die down soon.

19. Avalon

Friend told me he made a lot of momey from this but hes known to lie before so not sure if hes doing it this time again smh

Guess ill find out myself :dead

20. savior2005 Well-Known Member

same, a lot of friends always brag about their gains, but when i ask them how are they doing overall, most say that they are down overall.

• List
  21. Rasendori Mr. Tambourine Man

Been reading up on it. It's doing well and had backing, but weirdly has a lot of hate from the internet community at large.

Been looking into req and mth.... Any opinions?

22. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Market has been down a few days, but almost everyone I know is up A LOT. The market will go up steady for like 7 days and the stay flat and then pull back for a couple days, then the cycle repeats. Like 3 steps forward and 1 step back.

23. Kuya God of the 5th Dimension

Not familiar with those. My portfolio = ADA, XLM, XRP, XVG, PRL, ODN, NTRN, DRGN,ETN, DOGE, UIS, PAC, MINT, RDD, LINDA

24. Island In the Sun

I registered on Coinbase and Binance, bought some Ethereum and Litecoin on Coinbase, but haven't checked out anything on Binance yet.

25. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

I think you diversify too much. I would focus only on the coins you believe the most in. I would start by dropping Doge, it's a meme coin and it won't last long.

The crypto market can still grow a lot. Even if we are in a bubble, we should be far from seeing it popping. The total marketcap is 700 bilion; Dot-com bubble popped at 7 trilion and it was mostly a US-only thing. Crypto is worldwide, and the fact most of the exchanges are having problems handling the excessive influx of users speaks for itself.

My advice is to always do your own research, listen to your feelings and avoid buying out of sheer FOMO. My idea is that this market still has a lot of room to grow and the good coins will withstand a hypothetical crash. You could always ride the wave before it crashes and get away with some decent gains, if you are afraid of a market crash.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  26. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

How does a complete noob like myself get in on this action?

27. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

I explained above the easiest way to buy Bitcoin and most of the altcoins. For the rest, Internet is your friend. You can find everything you need to know about Crypto on the web.

28. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

But I mean, where do I even begin to purchase the coins and stuff? I have the coinbase and bitpay apps on my phone already. But I literally have no clue how any of it works.

29. savior2005 Well-Known Member

What're the top websites or apps that provide info about growing/declining cryptocurrency, and offers suggestions on what to invest in? I'm using an app called coincap, but it doesnt really provide any information.
    I just downloaded coinbase and binance and have deposited money already.

30. Gladiator Ultra Instinct

First of all, register on Coinbase and make sure to use 2FA and save your private keys/QR Code. From there you verify your account and then you put your credit/debit card and start buying. On Coinbase you can only buy BTC, ETH, BCH and LTC. If you want to invest in other alt-coins, you open an account on Binance or any other exchange that supports the alt-coin you are looking for, and send your coin (I suggest you to use ETH due to lower fees) and when the coin you sent arrives, you exchange it for the alt(s) you want.

You can find a lot of information on these.