1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

The Official Post Extraction Gaara Discussion

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by desirydah, Sep 27, 2006.

1. desirydah

since akatsuki extracted his shukaku, does that mean he doesnt have the power to control sand etc? also is his uber strength gone too?

Tags:
  2. Moose

I think he can still control sand but can no longer transform into Shukaku and has less chakra.

I might be wrong because I haven't read the manga.

3. gabha

Proof that Madara is the weakest Hyuuga ever born

4. SunnyxShine

i think he can still control sand . . . i hope

buh im confused too . . .

5. Sai_What

Um, it hasen't exactly been explained...yet.

6. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

Gaara should still have his power to control sand and be powerful. I mean he is still the KazeKage. Only thing I think he lost is his ability to transform into shukaku.

7. jedimaster

Gaara could still control sand. He lifted Naruto's hand up before he departed

8. Waffletime!

His controlling sand may have rubbed off on him. But not to the extent he could before. We still don't know whether Shukaku increased his chakra reserves like Kyuubi did to Naruto.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2006
  9. chionophile

I think Gaara will still kick ass, if only because Kishi doesn't like gimping or killing his characters recently.

10. the_ilest

well it dosnt say in the manga what happens. so its unclear kind of.

11. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

It was implied in the manga when Naruto and Gaara shook hands. If he can control it similar to pre shukaku extraction? Now that has'nt been answered yet.

12. HOOfan_1

yes is that enormous signature really necessary?

13. Waffletime!

tell u the truth, its not a signature :oh

14. Tempest

i`m 100% sure that he can still control the sand using his chakra. however i`m like 90% sure that the sand will no longer protect him automatically because he was always protected by shukaku. it`s just like the kyuubi`s healing powers towards naruto, the bijuu will try to keep its vessel alive because i don`t remember where i read this but if the vessel dies, i`m pretty sure the sealed bijuu goes along with it.

15. Smoke

Flag:
    Mexico

like i thought he was able to control teh sand because of shukaku,
    i think they even said it somewhere
    so i was like WTF!?!?!? when he seemed fine.

16. Zer0_UchiHa

he can still control the sand, it shows gaaras sand control is still with him when he grabs narutos hand to shake hands. he uses sand to grab narutos hand!

anyway that means to me that shukaku lent gaara some extra chakra reserves, thats all, not unlike kyuubi with naruto. gaaras sand shield should still be there cause its a sign of love from his mom, she is protecting, the sand shield is from her. if im wrong then kishi has just changed him mind like the crap he has been doing lately, ie kakashi and MS :mad:

17. Grrblt

You're wrong because you don't catch on the clues, not because Kishi changed his mind. The shield never had anything to do with his mother. There is no evidence of Gaara having an extreme chakra amount. There is, however, evidence that Gaara and previous Shukaku jinchuuriki are the only people able to control sand.

18. Theneonwind

I've read the whole manga, but I don't always catch on to stuff. I'm also not sure I agree with that statement:

What Clues have shown that Gaaras Sand is not his mother. I've heard it before but haven't seen any facts to back it up.

19. Grrblt

Yashamaru was the only one to ever make a claim about Gaara's mother. A few chapters after that, he revealed it was a lie.
    Some people got the idea that he only lied about why Gaara's mother protected him. They have not caught up to the fact that Gaara is now a very popular guy and the Shield continues to protect him, even though Gaara's mother supposedly created that Shield for the sole reason of creating death and carnage in the village.

20. Zer0_UchiHa

as for giving gaara power, it isnt the same way kyuubi lends power to naruto, but it would have to affect him in some capacity, otherwise why seal it inside gaara in the first place. just like two tails neko was able to use the power of the bijuu, gaara with time might be able to do the same thing, otherwise there is absolutely no point in sealing shukaku into gaara or anyone. if shukaku is always gonna come out when gaara is asleep, it would mean that he would always destroy the sand village, that is not in the best interest of anyone at sand village.

i said he gives gaara more power but i should perhaps be more clear. it gives gaara power as in able now gaara is able to perform defence jutsu (against kimmimaru).

as for yashamaru, well if gaaras mother had nothing at all to do with him and it was all a lie, why would the word love appear on gaaras forehead? also where does that sand shield come from if not from his mother? the reason i ask that is because its not just shukaku wanting gaara to be alive so it too can be alive, because kyuubi doesnt have an auto defence shields for naruto. i know its a vague comparison, but it is reasonable.

i guess we cant argue it too much until the point when we see gaara again, if at that time he doesnt use sand shield, i will say u r right, if he does have sand shield, i wont say i told u so or gloat because we are here to discuss and debate :D thats what makes the forums so much fun, the fact that people have different opinions to mine or vice-versa is what keeps me coming back. peace out.

21. Grrblt

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here.

The sand Shield comes from Shukaku. You'll notice that Kyuubi has confessed it will die if Naruto dies, so it tries its best to protect Naruto with accelerated healing. Shukaku does the same thing; it protects Gaara from harm by raising a shield around him, and by doing that, Shukaku can remain alive. Different means but to the same end, and for the same reason.

Gaara scratched that love kanji on himself.

22. juUnior

The most logical thing would be that the shield was from shukaku, but in manga its nowhere to be confrimed that yet. Actually You could say that he has that shiled from mother, not from loving, but how Yashamaru told Gaara, from hatred toward the village, to be able to Gaara to exist and that people from village would know about that xD

23. Uzumaki_Syaz

i see what u r getting at with shukaku making a sand shield to keep gaara alive so that shukaku himself is kept alive. i am of the opinin that bijuus cannot die because they are spiritual beings and if the medium were to die, then eventually after a period of time, thier spirit would just manifest itself again somewhere somehow in the world.

thats the only reason why i donk think bijuus can die althogh with kyuubi it showed he was getting dark, so it might be possible for kyuubi to die, although i think he would reform eventually anyway.

if it is true that the bijuu would die and stay dead, then yes of course it makes perfect sense for shukaku to make sand shield to protect gaara from harm as it would make perfect sense for kyuubi to heal naruto to keep him from dying. because i think that the bijuu cannot die, i feel there is no need for the protection.

anyway we can discuss that some other time, but for now i will maintain my opinion that the sand shield will still protect gaara because its from his mother. i know i could be wrong, but i dont have the manga on my computer anymore, if u could point out to where the chapters that yashamaru is talking to gaara as a small child, i will gladly download and re-read them :D ill let u know what i think afterwards, if i am wrong or shown something completely contrary to what i believe, i am big enough to admit when i am wrong :D cheers.

25. Leanne

He can controll sand with his chakra. The amount will be less, since he hasn't got that much chakra anymore, as when Skukaku was inside him. You can compaire it to the red chakra frog Naruto, without it he can't summon the big frog. This is only what I think, not a fact..

26. Rat

what happens to Gaara as a result of the one tail being extracted out of him

has he got the same power to remain as kazekage

27. Grrblt

Nobody knows, I personally don't think he does.

28. Rat

ive forgotten now, but was it because of the one tail that the sand from the gourd automatically protected gaara?

what abilities did the one-tail give gaara for definate?

29. Sasori

Auto-sand shield, and a whole lot of chakra.

He can practically do everything else.

30. Yasec Renische

I don't believe it was the sand that protected him. If I recall his mother's spirit was in the sand gourd, so she protected him.

For one, he will definitely start gathering more chakra less and less because the Shukaku is not there, but also don't forget the the sand gourd is mixed with his chakra from years upon years, so all the chakra is and always will be combined with the sand.