1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The One Who Will Kill Orochimaru... is Sakura?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Woofie, Dec 8, 2005.

1. Woofie

I'm not sure if anyone has had this idea before me, but I've only just thought of it, so I'll post it. :) I'll try not to make this too long. OK...

Orochimaru is in a bit of an awkward position in the series. He's a very important villain - his power has been proven to be extremely great, but more than that, he's become rather a fixture in the series. It's been over 200 chapters since we were first introduced to him, but he's still very much around and posing a huge threat to Konoha. He's fairly central to the story, with his relation to Sasuke, and even after this length of time his power is still quite mysterious - he's been involved in only one real fight, and he only used one major jutsu in that. He has all the hallmarks of a major villain who will be around for a long time to come... possibly until the end of the series.

Being a villain, he will of course be killed. And being major, he will only be killed by one of the main characters, one of the kids... that's pretty much a rule of shounen manga. But here in lies the problem - he has no natural enemy amongst Team 7. Sasuke is probably the closest, since he will attempt to take Sasuke's body... a worthy reason for killing someone, sure. But Sasuke's main opponent will almost certainly be Itachi; that much is obvious, I won't explain it. It's very unlikely that Sasuke will kill both Oro and Itachi, so it won't be him. Naruto? Given how much he cares about Konoha, it's a possibility, but it's still somewhat random... they have little relation so far in the series. Even after Sasuke decided to go to Orochimaru, Naruto didn't have a huge amount to say about him, other than stating a few facts... and more importantly, Naruto has a more obvious main opponent, the Akatsuki leader. Akatsuki are after Naruto, and I imagine he will be the last jinchuuriki to be caught... a battle will ensue, of course. And if they succeed, whatever is created will pretty much be Naruto's responsibility to deal with.

So not Naruto or Sasuke... their final opponents are pretty much already decided, IMO.

Enter Sakura. Sakura is in an awkward position herself... she's one of the main characters, one of the New Sannin, but she doesn't have a clearly defined role in the series at all yet. She has no backstory, no obvious rival like Sasuke does. No one is currently interested in her like Akatsuki are to Naruto. It's likely that she will have a final opponent of some description, to prove her worth as one of the strongest ninjas ever and so on, but there really aren't any obvious candidates.

Or are there? There is one... Orochimaru.

At first, it seems quite random, quite out of the blue. Sakura and Oro? Why? Well, other than the fact that they're both in need of someone to fight towards the end of the series, there are two reasons which I can think of.
    • Actually, they already have more of a relation than you might think. She witnessed Orochimaru giving the curse seal to her most beloved person, and saw what it resulted in. She's probably been even more affected by Sasuke's departure than Naruto has. And perhaps more importantly, unlike Naruto, there does seem to be a strong resentment of Orochimaru already by Sakura (that's not to say Naruto doesn't resent him too, but it hasn't been focused on). She seems absolutely determined to find out about him, to find him and to at least help defeat him. That was essentially what the Sasori fight was all about, remember? She wanted to beat information about Orochimaru out of Sasori. This isn't a strong relationship, I know, but I think it might be a hint of things to come... she's shown a strong interest in Orochimaru (far more than she has, say, Itachi). I think it might be the beginning of a rivalry, and that's why it's her rather than Naruto who has visibly shown an interest in Oro. But it needs strengthening... and hence my second point.
    • In future, she will be given another reason to hate him. Orochimaru is determined to destroy Konoha, and has threatened -promised, even- to attack them again. What this means is that a battle between Orochimaru and Tsunade is almost guaranteed. However, I think it's rather unlikely that Tsunade will kill Orochimaru in this battle... Tsunade really isn't important or young enough to kill a main villain. So she will be killed by Orochimaru. That's right - Sakura's beloved teacher will be killed by Oro. See where this is going? Not only will she already have a hatred and determination to kill Orochimaru for what he did to Sasuke, but also for what he did to Tsunade. So this is Sakura's chance to avenge her sensei... and looking at it another way, a chance to prove that she has surpassed her sensei. When people use the old "slug > snake" legend to say that Tsunade > Oro, I think they're wrong - "slug > snake" will be included in the story, but it will be Sakura, not Tsunade, who plays the slug here.

So there you have it. Both characters are in need of opponents, and already it seems to have been hinted that Sakura has more of a grudge against Oro than the other two. And given the quite possible future plot developments I outlined, she could have much more reason to kill him by the end of the series. Sasuke will defeat Itachi, Naruto will defeat the Akatsuki leader... and Sakura will defeat Orochimaru.

There are other possibilities for the end of Oro's character, but I'll leave them to you because I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts. What do you think of the idea of Sakura beating Oro? Is it likely? If not, how do you think Orochimaru will be defeated?

(Again, sorry if anyone posted this idea before; I haven't seen it anywhere else though.)

Tags:
  2. Grumpy Zoro

The Orochimaru killed by Sakura?...no...just no

3. Chiru

I like this thread a lot and see it as a possiblity.

4. Splintered

I don't think so. I don't think that Sakura has the fighting capacity to BEAT Orochimaru. Or at least one vrs. one.

It's been stressed over and over again. Sakura is a support character. She needs teamwork to beat an incredibly powerful oponent. And she's just plain not strong enough.

Orochimaru isn't going down without some tag team action. He is still Sannin afterall.

5. Kind_Demon

The names: Orochimaru, Tsunade, Jiraiya, all come from a 1850ish japanese peice of literature, about two men of magic, a sorcer of snake magic, and one of toad. tsunade was a princess, who orochimaru was after. he tried many a time to steal her away and failed, one day that he tried jiraiya got in his way, orochimaru killed him. jiraiya had a loyal follower, a pupil. it then became this pupils destiny to kill orochimaru. and he eventually would.

so my prediction is, its naruto's job, and soon enough our beloved perverted sennin would die.

6. ~ Masamune ~

if that happens i'll @€#{sdfEZR324324324343' blow up the world!

7. superflyninjaguy

its gotta be naruto and GAMABUNTA!!!

8. CyberPunk

Great post. I somewhat agree with you. Here's how I envision it:

Naruto's finale will involve Akatsuki's leader and/or Kyuubi.

Sasuke's will be Itachi, but before that, he'll have used Orochimaru as his stepping stone. Sasuke will defeat Orochimaru in battle, claim the sword from his stomach, but for whatever reason, won't kill Orochimaru; either by mistake or intentionally. Orochimaru will be left crippled, but still somewhat able bodied. After Sasuke's battle with Itachi, Orochimaru will slip in and actually successfully take over Sasuke. This will be Sakura's climactic finish; against a possessed Sasuke.

9. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

It makes some sense, but it relies a great deal on events yet to happen. Personally, I think Jiraiya is the only character with the ability and the right to trash Orochimaru.

And I was EXTREMEMLY confused until I realized woofie =/= woozie.

10. Woofie

Haha, I'm surprised no one else has been confused by that before... I was confused when I first saw (what I thought was) my name by a post I didn't make. :p

But yeah, if Jiraiya and Oro fight (which they probably will), then that makes things a bit more complicated. I don't think Jiraiya will kill him, but if Orochimaru kills Jiraiya, then Naruto has too good a reason to kick his ass.

Which leads me to:
    Interesting, I don't think I've ever heard the latter part of that story before. Do you have a link or anything where I could read up on it?

Naruto is a pretty likely candidate IMO too, but it seems like too much to have him save the world from Akatsuki and Oro... and Sakura would be left in the cold with nothing to do. :(

11. Splintered

Just look up "The Legend of the Gallant Jiraiya." There might be links stickied that also might have it.

12. Odlam

Akatsuki Leader = Naruto
    Orochimaru = Sasuke
    Danzou = Sakura

Im not at all convinced that Sasuke will kill Itachi in the end, theres many more twists to that particular family fued yet to be revealed me thinks.

13. Woofie

Ooh, nice idea. I can see that one happening too, since there's obviously going to be something between him and Tsunade... the fact that she seems to be forming a relationship with Sai might add to the possibility too.

Still, Danzou's kind of... well, old. So it'd seem a bit weird if Sakura beat him up (or maybe that's just me). >_>

(Oh, and I'm kind of skeptical about Sasuke killing Itachi too, but we'll wait and see on that one)

14. Splintered

I don't think there will be need to kill Danzou, I don't think he's evil.

I don't know. Whatever happened to team effort? I still don't think Naruto could single handedly defeat the Akatsuki leader, and I don't think Sasuke could single hadnly defeat Itachi.

15. BattousaiMS

In most likely case it will be either Naruto or Jiraiya. Legend wise it points to Naruto anyway. He won't kill him and Akatsuki Leader one after the other, there will be a gap between the two. Most likely cases, Naruto will kill Akatsuki Leader before Orochimaru. AL is his personal ennemy, Orochimaru is the village ennemy, so kind of the guy because of who he will get the title of Hokage (since he will have saved the village from him).

It's either that in which case the legend of Jiraya will follow and both him and Tsunade will get killed by Orochimaru. Or the opposite where he dies in Naruto's hand, Naruto is acknowledged, but Tsunade is still in power and after becomming Hokage or just before getting the title he will have to fight the Akatsuki Leader as a final showdown.

Danzou however, seems more likely to end his days in the hand of Sakura.

16. Woozie

Yeah I'm confused every now and then too when I see you have posted to some thread and read it first as my own nick. I wouldn't be suprised if most of my rep is because of confusion with you ;)

Anyway to get back on topic, I too think this is possible. She already promised to protect Naruto and Sasuke so she'll probably be saving them, or just another, in some situation in future. And the first options what comes to my mind are Orochimaru and Itachi, but it would IMO be really lame if Itachi is killed by someone else than Sasuke, so who's left is Orochimaru. It could turn out to be just another random Akatsuki member though.

And well if you ask with what power, I think it is hinted that she has some genjutsu abilities. Although I can't even understand when the "Sakura is genjutsu type" stuff started. I have never seen her do anykind of genjutsu, except replacement and dispel. But well she is a main character, so she's empowered by the plot afterall. So she'll receive her powers from some mysterious forgotten source if in need.

If I prepare myself with the thought that I might happen, it bites less if it actually happens.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  17. Gyroscope

I dunno, ive actually said that i believe Sakura will be the one to finally kill Orochimaru in a lot of threads.
    Maybe i should have made one like you did =).
    But yea i prett much agree with everything u said. After all there has to be a reason why Sakura is flipping out so much on hearing Oro's name =)

18. Boreas

Actually... in the middle of everything ... Orochimaru is the most hated person in naruto universe.
    Akatsuki wants to kill him
    Sai probably meaned that all root Anbu want to kill him too.
    The sannin want to defeat him also.
    Naruto and Sakura even more want to kill him for what he done to Sasuke....

Who will be the one?

And by the way...
    What if Sasuke defeat itachi keep him alive and Oro use the moment to took Itachi's body?

And actually I believe that beating the leader of Akatsuki and....the thing that will be released when all the bijuus are caught.. will be a work for all the main and side characters still alive. Of those Sasuke naruto and Sakura will be the ones that will bring it down, being the fatal blow done by naruto...

19. Alia_Atreides

Its possible... You are right, she is the one it would make sense to kill him, more than Naruto or Sasuke, at least...
    Except that I really dont think one of them will kill Orochimaru. Im betting on Jiraiya. Now, here is a guy who has issues with Orochimaru. And hes the one that wouldnt kill ororchimaru just for revenge or hate, but it would be an emotional fight, with many flashbacks - Kishimoto loves flashbacks, I think.
    Yes, Jiraiya isnt one of the main characters, but hes important. Right now, I think Orochimaru is very much secondary as far as we are talking about villains. Is like he has come to the story not as villain, but as someone to make the story move. He introduced Akatsuki, in a way, because Jiraiya wouldnt know about them if it wasnt for Orochimaru being part of the group. He made Sasuke's hate and revenge grow, because he offered him an opportunity, but he is not the real villain in Sasuke's story, Itachi is. So, Orochimaru came to make Sasuke strong enough to deal with Itachi. Yes, he attacked Konoha, but that was also an excuse to kill the Third Hokage and show Gaara.
    Hes not a villain? Yes, he is, but as you pointed, hes not the guy that really gets to our main characters right now. So, I think Orochimaru will be killed by Jiraiya. And I think it will be a great fight.
    Orochimaru fans, Im not trying to make Oro smaller than he is... He is the greatest villain, thats right. But he will not be killed by the kids. Hes a sanin, and a sanin will only die by another sanin.
    Thats what I think.
    :)

20. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    I think the famous quote: "so yes, Sasuke will have the power to match the Kyuubi." has a far better likelyhood of coming to pass than "So yes, Sakura will beat the shit outta Orochimaru."

21. Chi

Naahh.. I see Jiraya killing Orochimaru and probably dying also..
    Maybe even Naruto. But not Sakura.. No way.. I can't even imagine fight between Sakura and Orochimaru...

22. Renegade Raine

You make some fine points there and I really do hope that her final opponent is Orochimaru. Wasn't their some rock, paper, scissors thing that says that the slug beats the snake?

But somehow, I still don't see her taking him on by herself.

23. Chamcham Trigger

I have to say that you are making some potentially good points, but It just seems weird for Sakura to take him out. I think it'd either be Jiraiya to kinda foreshadow the Naruto vs Sasuke rematch, or a tag team of Naruto and Sasuke taking him down.

24. Franckie

I think it's more plausible for Sakura to take on a yet to be revealed major force rather than Orochimaru. I expect Jiraiya and Orochimaru to fight again and maybe kill each other in a draw. But what Woofie presents as reasons aren't that farfetched and I can picture a mini skirmish/bout between Orochimaru and Sakura but not a fully fledged fight.

25. CyberPunk

Am I the only one that thinks it would be totally awesome if Sakura not only fought Orochimaru, but Orochimaru in Sasuke's body? That seems like the most perfect finale for her.

26. CooLMooCoW

It's possible, but for me it's pretty hard to believe at this point in time.

27. Uzumaki~Kakashi

Sakura has more of a chance against Itachi, Danzou, Akatsuki Leader then Orochimaru. I believe Orochimaru is Jiraiya and Naruto's battle. First off Naruto has prior history with Oro that Sakura has almost none of... Second Naruto needs to defeat Oro in order to be recognized on the elite level of Sannin or Kage.

28. Sess

I see what you're saying, but at this time, Sakura killing Orochimaru just doesn't feel right. All the big fights have a lot of emotion behind them and I just don't feel that between these two.

However, it is hard to judge. If all the things that you suggested happen (to motivate Sakura) then maybe that emotion behind the fight will be there. But I don't know.

Throughout the entire series, you could always tell what characters were going to be in the big fights. They are always the characters with everything to lose and everything to prove. They have a real goal in their life, something worth fighting for, and it's been there almost their entire life. That is important because it has defined or influenced everything about their personality as they've grown up.

Such characteristics are easy to see with people like Naruto (prove his worth), Sasuke (revenge), Gaara (purpose of existence), Tsunade (shattered dreams), Neji (fighting destiny), etc.

But with Sakura, that stuff just isn't there. Sure, now she has issues with Sasuke and Orochimaru, but that's recent stuff. Most her life she was just a stereotypical anime girl worrying about hair, boys, and that bitch she hates at her job. And even though she later felt like she needed to prove her worth, she's already done that in the Sasori fight. I don't see how anything in her life has warranted another big fight for her, at least not before everyone else has already had their next big fight.

29. Yagami_

Frankly I don't really see it since I can't see oro being beaten by someone like sakura.

30. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

I am the biggest Sakuratard on Earth; I would argue that Tsukiyomi wouldn't work on her. But only Jiraiya or Tsunade have the ability and the right to kill Orochimaru.