1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The origins of Hidan?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki, Oct 27, 2006.

1. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

Imagine that there is a small and relatively unknown ninja village dedicated to the faith of Jyashin. Hidan, having been recently appointed priest is displeased with this. Not with his role as a priest, but with the lack of dedication among the other believers.

Faith is waning and there is a considerable lack of... Killing.

Hidan as a strong believer decides after a few month in this hell of being a priest with only false believers below him that something has to be done. He slaughters the entire village leaving no man, woman or child alive.

Jyashin is, however, not a deity concerned with the amount of believers. He is only concerned with their faith, and Hidan's slaughter of the false believers pleased him.

As a gift, Hidan was granted immortality maintained by slaughter. As long as he keeps on killing he will be immortal.

It would certainly explain why we can't recognize his forehead protector.

Tags:
  2. Clandestine Sauce is a Douche!

possible, esspesially since there would be a mention of immortal ninjas my oro early in the series if the clan was at all popularized. Strange i never saw hidan as a ninja so much as i did a jashin fanatic with a one trick homie.

anyways check this out my practitioners of jashin thread ^___^ *points to the sig*

3. Squire of Fate Active Member

Interesting and plausible although I think it's a bit cliche, the whole rogue priest thing.

4. Brooke Logan B&B's heroine since 1987

I like to think that Hidan is Sai's brother, and they fought someone from Jashin or maybe the Jashin god himself, and Hidan ended up taking on the mind of the Jashin follower, something like that, like he was cursed. Because I remember in Sai's artbook Sai and the brother both took on the weapons and clothing of the person they defeated.

The village symbol Hidan wears makes me have a problem in my theory, however, maybe the Jashin follower was from this village and Hidan thinks that's where he's from, or took his headband? (since Sai/his brother took their defeated opponents weapons/clothes)

Anyway, I like to think Hidan is confused and doesn't know what he is doing. I mean, no normal person would actually want to follow a faith that tells them to murder people.:huh

5. Mangekyō Vice Captain of The 6th

Well there are just plain psycho killers out there, but u have a point. Sai's brother eh? That never even popped up in my mind.

6. FadedBlack AllAmericanGrandma

i like the idea, it would be freaky if his ultimate jutsu summoned his god or something lol, anyways i could really see that actually being spot on good job

7. Inferno838 Member

Cliche?

Cliche in what genre? We're talking about manga here, not movies or books. Even in those venues, priests are uncommon and rogue priests are more uncommon still. Could you clarify?

8. Butō Rengoob Honorary Pantaloni Rossi

i actually think this is plausible...