1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

The Ōtsutsuki Clan & the possibility of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki’s return.

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Altiora Night, Nov 7, 2018.

Will Kaguya make a return to the series ?

1. Yes.

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  3. Not sure.

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Altiora Night Active Member

Yo everyone; hope you’re all having a great day, and here’s my 2 cents.

As we all know; the Ōtsutsuki have been revealed as a major, looming threat in the series. Besides, I personally do not think that the current Shinobi world is strong enough to take on the likes of them.

As of now, we have absolutely no idea where the likes of Momoshiki & Urashiki rank in their clain’s hierarchy of strength. They may or may not rank amongst the higher-ups in that aspect. Let us leave that for discussion, shall we ?

Into the bargain; regarding Kaguya; she was strong, strong enough to have almost led the Shinobi world to its demise, single-handedly.

Now, there are potentially stronger individuals than Kaguya in the Ōtsutsuki Clan. I shall take a wild guess and say that there are definitely stronger kinsmen to Kaguya out there.

A problem that I’m keen to address is the Shinobi world’s lack of sufficient firepower accruing to multiple variables such as a shortage of Shinobi due to the previous war; the incompetence, lack of awareness & rustiness of the current crop of Shinobi (no, I’m definitely not taking a dig at Konohamaru), etc.

Considering the above, Naruto & Sasuke may explore the possibility of bringing back & recruiting Kaguya.

Look, I believe she’s still pretty strong despite having had the Tailed Beasts clutched away from her. As far as I know; the chakra from the Infinite Tsukuyomi still remained within her and according to Naruto during ma boi Madara’s sex reassignment surgery, it surpassed the Ten Tails’ chakra in terms of quantity. She should still be pretty strong as a result; and even if Tailed Beast Chakra is required for her revival, Naruro may be willing to supply some of that chakra.

Other allies such as Toneri may be recruited. Enemies of the Ōtsutsuki Clan may also join the fray.

Discuss.

Tags:
  2. BlinkST All is well in the kingdom

United States
    Naruto and Sasuke don’t need no Kaguya to solo the Ōtsutsuki clan. You seen what that Kyubi + PERFECT SUSANOO combo did to Momo:catwalk

3. Mar55 The Darkness Rises

I'd enjoy more Kaguya, but it's almost definitely not happening.
    An impossibility, given her chakra crazed nature.
    They are, as well as a host for the resulting Jūbi.
    That doesn't work, you have to seal the Bijū's chakra into the Gedo Mazo. Then you have to seal the Jūbi, then cast IT and have Black Zetsu forcibly convert someone into Kaguya.

It's basically impossible for anyone other than Sasuke to accomplish.

4. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Presumably, Kaguya would regain her original form if allowed to exist as the Juubi for a while.

She progressed back to her full form while fighting and had regained consciousness by the time Madara absorbed her for a final power up.

We don't know every detail, but it's reasonable that she could be awakened through some other means if someone were to undo the current seal on her.

Since there's other chakra fruit available, they may not even need the bijuu. They can just feed the Gedo Mazo a chakra fruit.

5. king81992 Well-Known Member

Why does Kaguya need to make a comeback when we have the rest of the Ootsutsuki Clan as a looming threat?

If Kaguya shows up, I would prefer it to be a flashback to her life in the Ootsutsuki Clan. We only ever saw flashbacks to her life on the Naruto world but not her life on the Ootsutsuki planet/dimension.

6. BlinkST All is well in the kingdom

United States
    He wants Kaguya to get Orochimaru status:catwalk:oro

7. Altiora Night Active Member

It would be a risky move, but one that could ultimately pay off.

The Shinobi world is simply not strong enough to fight the likes of the Ōtsutsuki atm. They need reinforcements.

I think it would be a different scenario in that case since I believe she still has the chakra garnered through the Infinite Tsukuyomi, which wasn’t the case prior to her revival since her chakra had been dispersed amongst the populace.

Not only was the Jūbi’s revival of paramount importance, but IT had to be casted in order to amass the necessary amount of chakra for her complete revival.

I believe they could work something out via another process. It’ll be up to the writers.

8. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I wish there was a "not sure" option. Creatively, the problem I see with putting her back in play is one of power levels. You loop back right to the ending of part two, where you have to put multiple people fighting her, just to make it even semi-believable that the good guys can win.

The Otsutsuki concept is painfully broad. I'd prefer for them to more carefully explain the clan first rather than bring her back. Perhaps it might be helpful to put in weaker, more defeatable so that the good guys can logically win and learn more.

9. Altiora Night Active Member

Tbh, she’s perhaps the only person with sufficient knowledge on the Ōtsutsuki. Sasuke may be travelling b/w dimensions, but I don’t think that he’ll be getting the information they truly need. Besides, it would be too dangerous for him to get close to one of their main dimensions.

10. Dreamchaser101 Well-Known Member

Well, umm, maybe someone already did the "freeing" part.. You see, in Episode 51 and 52, Sasuke explores the Ice Dimension. Now, in the manga and movie, the moon there is merely a single one. However, in the anime, there are two moons, one big and one small. Now, the thing is, the big moon has a crater in it. And it doesn't look to me like the small moon can fit in the crater. So, maybe someone felt pity for her sealed state and destroyed the part of the Chibaku Tensei Moon that she and Black Zetsu were sealed in? (This is assuming the moons can be seen from any of Kaguya's dimensions)

11. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

That would be one of the worst outcomes imaginable. Kaguya is fit to appear only in the garbage bin where she belongs.