1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

The Pimp Roster (for sharing albums go here)

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by Voynich, Oct 8, 2006.

1. Voynich MADDER RED

If you wanna upload albums and use the pimplist to share it, drop in here first.

So, we're gonna try and implement a new roster to stop pmboxes from being flooded with albums and to encourage more feedback on the albums that do get shared.

The Main Idea

If you wanna share an album, hold your horses. We now have a roster for that. 2 uploads a day and a 3rd reserve slot. The reserve slot will be used when the situation calls for it.

Example:

Monday
    1. less - random album
    2. Del - random album
    3. -

Tuesday
    1. Cata - random album
    2. Simp - random album
    3. -

If Del for example is unable to get his upload done for Monday, he'll move to the third slot on Tuesday. If a newbie forgets to read this and uploads an album, he gets moved to the third slot. Since it's very unlikely that will all happen on one day, I doubt we will eventually have more than 4 albums a day. The first 2/3 weeks are ofcourse messy cause half the people will be using this and the other half will be ignoring this and going their merry way.

How To Get A Slot

PM ME. And please follow this format so your pm doesn't get lost in the bulk.

Example:

Title: ADD ( just put ADD in there,nothing else, so it doesn't get mixed up with album pimps)

Inside the pm I want: what are you pimping, so artist/album, small description to put in the roster, incase you do not want the first slot available: give me a day you want to be placed. If you do not give me a day, you will be assigned the first slot available. You can NOT ask to be put on a day before the first available slot.

Adding a myspace link or link to website is appreciated!

Like this

Okay so basically I will try and keep everyone's wishes in mind when assigning slots, but I can't comply to everything so you'll just have to keep an eye on the roster.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Voynich MADDER RED

THE ROSTER

You're allowed to send pms for adding all week through, but I won't put up more than 2 weeks at a time on the roster to avoid confussion.

TOMOZ > SUNDAY

hokageryu
    Artist: John Scofield
    Album: ?berjam

So let's try this thing and please cooperate a bit okay?:laugh

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  3. Sid _

I call dibbs for wednesday!

4. Voynich MADDER RED

Lol.

Okay one more thing, you guys can discuss it here and talk about it but if you want your album on the list, YOU WILL HAVE TO PM ME.

If I have to snoop through this thread to find dibs and stuff I think some will get lost and people will complain. So talk here all you want, but for definete adding

PM

: )

5. Efraim Longstocking Indeed

6. Voynich MADDER RED

EXAMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! XDDDD

No, I'm making this start wednesday so I can get some slots filled first and people will have the chance to read it all. I'll maybe adjust the rules and pm dates and stuff along the way but the first 2 weeks I just wanna see who are using the roster and if it's appreciated by people to know what is coming.

I think this will increase the amount of reactions on pimpthreads and it's easier to see what gets sent out, when you have to be there to download and you have a chance to check out some music before your inbox gets flooded.

I do find myself often interested in music that was pimped ages ago but never checked out cause i didn't know what it was at the time.

7. Efraim Longstocking Indeed

Ok, then.. Change my pm Tuesday to Wednesday, then? If I may.

8. Voynich MADDER RED

Sure. <3

Yay, people are actually using this XD

9. delirium thyme

Damn.. And I thought I really got Monday. Damn you for bringing my hopes only to crush them later! :cry..

10. Voynich MADDER RED

I have a spot free on thursday still. Or you could be disobedient and pimp it before the roster starts. XD

Or I could add Tuesday since we seem to be starting pretty good XD

11. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

Let me know whatever the next available day is, and I'll let you know what I am pimping once that's in order. :amuse

12. Voynich MADDER RED

It depends if Del wants the Thursday spot or not. If not, you can go there if he does, I can get you the Friday spot.

13. Bubbles now with 25% extra air

This is quite confusing already

14. Voynich MADDER RED

Bubbly. to you everything that happens here is confusing. The main point is just that if you wanna share stuff, you have to pm me with details, I'll give you a spot on the list.

15. Arty King of The Mountain

I sent you a PM for Saturday woo woo a woo gd ghgh j jbn bnng

16. Voynich MADDER RED

safosbfwg\l; Updated <3

17. Bubbles now with 25% extra air

Oh god ok i'll somehow have to become organised.

Yes everything confuses me, it's because i'm a retard.

18. delirium thyme

Um.. I think I'm just going to go ahead and do that last MASS pimp before the roster starts (for all the Blakstar fans). We gotta go out with a bang before we do this. smile-big. Then I'll get on the list next week.

19. Voynich MADDER RED

Haha okay.

JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. You've got the thursday spot if you want it Xd

20. Hokage Naruto Well-Known Member

I agree this idea went over my head.

Why can't people just post in a thread and tell when they'll pimp and what they are pimping. Than someone updates the post with the user and album. This PM'ing stuff isn't really needed. You can say that one person can't pimp a few days straught that could get someone else to pimp the albums, so that no one is hogging the pimping.

21. Voynich MADDER RED

We had that before, it was a complete mess. Since you had to drag yourself through endless comments to find a post with who was pimping what.

Please just try this for a bit before going all "Why can't we?" I spoke to a few people that don't come here alot on msn and they think it's a good idea cause now they can see in one post what will be sent when.

Besides, your idea goes past the fact that taking eachother's needs in account has never been a habit of people. :notrust

22. less Cheer up,

Here's my two-cents:

Everyone who thinks this is worth a try, including me, clearly sees some potential for improvement, not only with the amount of PMs some nights, but by knowing what will be pimped in the near future. Those who oppose it seem to agree that it can do no harm to try.

If done right, this could mean not only that we get some more structure here, which we need, and a more clear vision of what's ahead, which would be nice, but also that we are gurrantied a certain amount of new music every day. Also, it should encourage more discussion and feedback per pimpage, and everyone who has ever pimped knows the joy of feedback and the pain of watching your beloved thread sink towards the bottom of the page without even hitting the page 2-mark.

If the roster doesn't work, we'll sack it and return to normal.

For it to stand any chance whatsoever, three things are very important:

1) The regulars need to use it. Think of it as an advert board for your future pimps. Skimming the roster as it stands I see plenty of things I look forward to already. 95% of pimpages are done by around 10 people, and these should have read this by now. If the regs use it, the odd newbie pimp will do no harm.

2) People don't act all bitchy at the newbies who doesn't use it because they don't know about it.

3) Maho keeps her own and all other asses in check.

ONLY if these three are acheived, and I do believe that should be pretty easy, does this have a chance of working.

So what I'm saying is that my two cents are really a command. We try this thing for exactly one week, from around 00:00 GMT this sunday (or now, as it is) to 00:00 GMT the next. Then we make a feedback thread and see if it stays.

So regular pimpers, do not pimp without PMing Voynich first, and do not upload before you see your allotted slot. The pimpage can surely wait a few days if it means more people listening to it.

(oh, and I'm not back, btw. Someone unbanned me prematurely. See you all Thursday <3)

23. Not A Hero Falls Asleep Standing Up

Sharing music just got more complicated. :(

24. Nega doesn't watch Naruto.

I think I might do this + other random stuff daily and have it request only.

25. Voynich MADDER RED

^^

Thank you less.

And no, it hasn't become a lot more complicated. The only difference is that now you have to announce you're pimping something and wait till there is room to do so.

I really think this is worth a shot.

And come on people, I really wanna get the 2nd slots on Friday and Saturday filled. <3

Secondly, Simp, you reserved the wednesday slot but eh, are you actually pimping something or not? XD

26. DragonSlayer Active Member

What should I do if I want to do a pimp where I pimp one album weekly? Always reserve a certain slot or what? Because I've already started writing the topic and I'm not sure how I should do it now. :<

27. Voynich MADDER RED

If you know how many albums you wanna send, I can reserve the slot on a certain day for you.

So if you pm me with details, I'll make a note of that ^^

28. less Cheer up,

I don't see why you couldn't get a weekly spot, as long as you've got an idea about how many weeks we're talking about. If you mean "One Dragonslayer-pimp a week, indefinitely", I think it might be better to see how things works like this before starting to give people their own parking lots, so to speak.

*looks at the roster*

Post-rock-friday, delish :nuts

29. jkingler J. Kinglecrab, Esq.

I like this idea. I finally feel like I can do Volume 3 of my Hip-Hop series free of fear of it being flooded by the other pimps that are always floating around.

*praises the lord/less*

30. Voynich MADDER RED

Hey why praise less =.= I'm doing all the work and he just randomly happened to be around Xd