1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

The power of the Kyubi

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Major_Glory, May 10, 2005.

1. Major_Glory

I've read most of threads about the different tailed youma's some talk about powers. Most obvious is Shukakku's, which is sand, but what exactly is the Kyubi's "power?"

Tags:
  2. JA1num

Nobody knows..unless u're talking abt the yaoma's appearance,ie, shukkaku from sand village, then kyuubi would be fire...

3. Freija

i guess kyuubi's is regeneration. based on what we have seen so far the regeneration on naruto is so fast you can see it with the naked eye

4. metronomy

Regeneration... Power aswell i assume... Also Fire Jutsus seem to have little effect on Naruto

5. floopyliangchu

maybe the power in its tail?, i was just watching the first few eps recently, and it says something abt "with one swing it could... blah blah blah"

6. AdrianWerner

Maybe pure raw power? :) I mean..Shukaku didn't seem to give Gaara any additional chakra and it didn't heal him, which means that what Naruto is getting from Kyuubi isn't something every Youma has. And we already saw what Naruto can do with pure red chakra.

7. Rokudaime

I think is Fire based Creature...Red = Fire...

8. Naeddyr

If we think of Kyuubi as being fire, then his immense chakra makes sense - as does the regenerative ability. Do flames suffer wounds?

Though it makes me wonder what is being burned...

9. voltaicbore03

Good ideas all around, I think the fire idea is pretty good. No fire-based attack has really done full damage to kyuubified Naruto yet. I think the power of the youmas might just refer to raw strength as well. Kyuubi chakra may be unmeasurably large, provide speed, strength, and regeneration at higher rates than other youma.

10. xer0

The Kyuubi also possess the power of the wind... as that was shown in episode 133 anime at the beginning.

Don't forget that in the first episode of the anime, it said, "with one flick of it's tail it could crumble mountains and cause tornado's/whirlwinds" or something along those lines.

[ It's on my lacey drive... which i have leant to my friend... but look it up ]

Also, Naruto's name, "Uzumaki" means whirlwind or so, i've heard.

11. tri-sapphire

133...they really went a little overboard on this episode didn't they? I mean, now Naruto has wind powers? You sure it wasn't just the force of his chakra?

Anyways, just wanted to add in, Kyuubi could cause mountains to crumble, and form tsunami's with a flick of his tail. He was also considered to have infinite chakra.

12. Ssj3_Goku

THis is going to be the first anime i seen that acculy migght surpass ssj3_Goku or even ssj4_goku in STR! Kuybii im talking about here its crazy but i still stand by the GOku is the most powerful anime character around.. TIll naruto can use the kyubii power to its fullest then i might change my mind.

13. Mindless

Since this is the manga board, I think we should stick to what's shown in the manga. The latest episode, EP 133 kinda overexaggerated everything, there was no huge hand of chakra crawling up the shoreline, reaching for Sasuke. Sasuke never used any fire jutsu before Naruto went berserk, and just for finals, Sasuke never head-planted Naruto in the ground.

Anyway.

I'm thinking this (like some of you others): The Kyuubi possesses the power of regeneration.

Alot of things are pointing to that at least. Naruto has never needed more than 1 nights sleep to regenerate from any wound/injury. The big hole trough his right shoulder/lung from Sasuke's Chidori healed up in a few seconds (as the Kyuubi began to release more chakra into Naruto).

Probably missed something, but that's my two cents.

14. nalz

DBZ was fun and all. It got a bit crazy when a single character can basically destroy the whole planet though. Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Cell, you name it, all of them can destroy a planet. Maybe not the human characters though hehe :p

I doubt Kyuubi can destroy the whole planet with a single blast like DBZ characters can. I hope not...

15. pedroka

IT?S regeneration!!!!! just watch the anime on the begining, on the mission before the fight agaisnt zabuza........time kakashi was fighting two enemies....and naruto with a kunai hurt hinself because of the poison....or something...then kakashi with sharingan looked to the scratch and saw the power of kyuubi!!!! I?m sure....

16. pedroka

sorry for my bad english!!!

17. Gojira00

If the 9 demons gave powers to the users the kyubi would most likely give regenertation to naruto all the youmas give the user chakra in some way i belive

18. Niabingi

yeah i definetly say regenerative powers and im sure that havin an ultimate chakra is a special power so just by being hell hard to kill and having insurpassable amounts of chakra that would make kyuubi powerful alone but then he has his nine tails which are said to have huge power in them also...

19. BattousaiMS

From what we know Kyuubi uses Fire/Wind based attacks. After all he is said to create tornados out of the swing of his tails. (woulbe a cool move for Naruto).

20. xer0

Thank you for confirming that.

besides the ultimate chakra and regeneration... we seem to be the few pointing this out.

21. BattousaiMS

Yeah I guess we are, it makes more snse due to the ep 133. Since in the manga we naturally didn't see which color his actual attacks were we assumed it was pure red (K1Naruto version) but in the anime it looks more like powerful wind attacks.

So Kyuubi basically gives Naruto: regenartion/wind attacks/fire attacks.

Pretty good don't you think, he makes Naruto be strong. Since he can use wind attacks to divert water and fire attacks to divert leaf/earth. This would make the new Naruto pretty damn strong and very versetile in all fields if he he acutally uses those attacks without going K1Naruto etc.

Think of it, he gets Fire/Earth elemental attacks from Jiraiya, Kyuubi gives him Wind attacks. He is very good with his Shadow elemental attack (althought they are very limited it seems), he also has Taods so if he dosn't posses any water attacks which i doubt (being trained by Jiraiya and all) atleast he's tads can use them so he indirectly covers that field also. He's weakness will be the genjutsu field as it seems Jiraiya isn't in that type and Naruto never was but we never know. I mean it's clear that in 258 Itachi has Naruto in some sort of genjutsu but i am sure he has one or two of him own or atleast knows how two cancel them with seals (when he does realize it he seems to be somewhat slow at recognizing them). Anyway can't wait for this weeks episode to clear it up a bit more.

22. RAGING BONER

Flag:
    Puerto Rico
    extreme levels of evil red chackra.

23. zamiel

didn't naruto's body start to deteriorate near the end of the sasuke fight?
    so you could say thats the kyubi's (at least kyubified naruto's) weakness, after extended use of the powers he literally starts to burn his body with the chackra ...or something like that :huh

24. Ssj3_Goku

good point..

25. xer0

Naruto's body in that arc isn't capable of handling the kyuubi powers [at lvl 2]
    As he matures... that's a different story.

26. Artuir

It was chakra. Naruto is not the next Wind Waker, sorry.

27. 9th

I don't think they give necessarily elemental powers. It is said that one of the youmas, think it was the five-tailed youma who had an elemental power in each tail...so that peson basiclly controll kinda much weather wise that is to say.

Kyuubis power are, infinitive chakra and overall strength. Maybe some more, i guess the Kyuubis chakra can be used in all kind of ways.

What weve seen what the Kyuubis chakra can do
    1. Repell such as fire and weapons
    2. Heal your body quickly
    3. Give you strength that you normally not posses
    4. The chakra has it own life, so the chakra itself can make damage to someone or something

dunno if i missed something?

28. BattousaiMS

It is stated that he creates Tornarods out of a flick of his tail (not tsunami unless it's on water) all elemental attack uses chikara anyway(even fire/water although they seem more elemental then wind). So he is wind user and fire user. What we don't know is if he is also a earth/water/light/dark elemental user.

Technically from what we can assume all youmas give their user larger chikara capacity okay kyuubi got infinit chikara but that's still about the same power as the rest. His instant regeneration (note i say instant because even Shukaku gives regeration powers to Gaara but its rate is much much slower[that's why he was able to use his left arm so quickly even though he took a chidori hit there]) along with his wind and fire type attacks are its main specialty. Kinda like Shukaku gives Gaara Sand type powers + moderate chikara + moderate regeneration.

29. smackmyface

Jiraiya already stated that Naruto's body is too much a small container for Kyuubi's massive chakra as to why his body starts to feel the side effects of using too much Kyuubi's chakra at the end of Valley of the End arc.

30. Kyuubi Naruto

I agree with everyone else.

Also at most Naruto will hold around 3% of Kyuubi's chakra. He is just not as big as him.