1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

the primer of dream science!

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by cognitivedissonance, Oct 16, 2006.

1. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

From time to time we fans complain about the lack of realism in a certain situation. We can suspend our beliefs only so far. it seems. However, any fan complaining about this will quikcly be rebuked by other members and no doubt told that his arguments cause cat girls to be killed by god.

So this thread has been designed as a safe house for whinners, like me. C'mon, ge it off your chest! What Chakara created object stretches the limits of believability for you personally, -and more importantly, why?

walking up trees.
    Fine, Chakara sticks you to trees; but how do the muscles in your back support you walking horizontally up a tree? Surely anyone could see that this would be impossible, chakara or not!

Kage bun shin
    "flesh and blood clones"....riiiiiiight, made out of what exactly? Where is the mass coming from to create said clones and where does it go when they are dispelled?

henge
    I can buy henge as a 'genjutsu', but fighting in henge form? C'mon! Where does the extra mass come from?

shuriken deflection
    apparently a basic jutsu, even Sakura can do it, but still, a little hard to believe, nay impossible. The size of the blade added to the speed of the object make shuriken deflection with shuriken an S-ranked jutsu, -at least!

Tags:
  2. SumDumGai Konoha'sNobleMulticolored Beast

It's an anime... It's not supposed to be realistic. If it was, it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining.

Also, on the shuriken deflection. Those kids spend years in that academy, and from what we've seen a great deal of the time they spend there everyday is focused on perfecting their skills with kunais and throwing weapons. Not that hard to believe. Maybe you have too much time on your hands. smile-big But this seems kinda like a joke thread.

3. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

The chakra throughout your entire body adds support, relieving muscle stress.
    Extra mass is made from chakra.
    Extra mass is made from chakra.
    Its the chakra dammit! The chakra!! :arg

4. Pyroneko 28 Member

I've thought about this before, and come to the only possible conclusion. Laws I've been taught for years such as the law of conservation of mass are completely disregarded. In fact, the laws and facts of biology, chemistry, physics, anatomy and physiology are non-existant in the Narutoverse unless Kishimoto says otherwise.

However, I will add to the list. The fact that kamaitachi (from during the chuunin) could make deep gashes in trees, yet didn't slice Tenten and Shikamaru into tiny pieces.

5. Kinjishi Well-Known Member

um whats the point of this thread? I think you kinda defined what a fantasy manga is, which is exactly what Naruto is. Too much discovery channel, not enough imagination.

6. Monna Malicious Miraculous Malevolent Maelstrom

This thread is obviously a joke. No senior member with enough experience on NF whould waste their time posting a thread like this that was meant to be taken seriously.

7. tilmaz -_-

@brucelee
    i think you have been watching full metal alchemist recently :)

8. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

The whole point of this thread is just to get your ideas out on how somethings in the story make no sense, but not in terms of plot. Maybe more in terms of physics?

9. Luckyday motormouth in progress

Maybe she didn't want to kill them.:huh

10. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

11. Pyroneko 28 Member

It's not about whether Temari wanted to or not. It's about the actual force of the attack. I might excuse Tenten being fine since that was unshown and its entirely possible that kamaitachi didn't have the same force as the second used during that arc, but with Shikamaru, come on. He was right there in the middle of a blast that made a huge gash in a tree. It seems fishy to me, but I do realize my point is, at the end of the day, irrelevent considering that it's Kishimoto's story, and he can bend the universe to whatever way he needs or feels, with any explanation for it he wants.

I was referring to Temari's signature jutsu from the chuunin exam.

12. Mikazuki no Mai Dance of the Crescent Moon

Ah ok, I am not keen to all the names of the Jutsu =)

13. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

thank you!:amuse

You're lucky I don't neg some of you for not reading the OP! I repeat "this is a safe house!" i.e. no calls of "but it's only a fantasy manga" etc etc...

I KNOW that! But this thread is a chance for people to talk about things that are scientifically impossible and why, regardless of the fact it's a manga.

There is a funny series of books in Japan called "the primer of dream science" which does just this. It tells you how godzilla couldn't exist because he would be too heavy for his own body etc.

C'mon people, don't make me smack you!:notrust

14. Pyroneko 28 Member

Also, shouldn't Gaara have died if he never slept? Or at the very least, been too disoriented to function in any manner?

15. Luckyday motormouth in progress

Oh, well this could be fun.:nod I been waiting for a thread like this.
    Is the prima of dream science in english?:wink

16. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

exactly! Lack of sleep causes death.

rasengan
    if the rasengan is a perfect sphere where is it's point of anchorage? Why doesn't naruto's arm fly off when he applies it to an object heavier than himself? Think helicopter blades?

chidori
    Lightning moulded chakara would electrocute and kill the user instantly.

17. sunshine and gasoline slowly, he turned.

I never got the replacement technique. =/

18. Pyroneko 28 Member

That's true. The weakest object is affected the most by a force.

Exactly! If it's of such a high voltage, it should burn organs and destroy neural pathways

19. Luckyday motormouth in progress

That easy to explain.
    That jutsu obviously a combination of Body Flicker Technique and projectile weapons but with a log instead of a big shuriken.smile-big
    Does that answer your question.:)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  20. Shisui is dead

Bah, it's easy to point out all the physical impossibilities in a manga. It would be more interesting to make a thread that tries to actually explain all this shit in scientific terms.

21. Luckyday motormouth in progress

22. Dionysus Brandy and Death

OK. Off the top of my head. I'll go for something that seems almost right.

When Kakashi sent a second wave of shuriken at Naruto after he jumped. Naruto then uses a bunshin (which would have the same mass as Naruto) to pull him out of the way in mid-air. The bunshin stays in one spot while pulling Naruto out of the way. However, they should have been pulled approximately towards a common centre of mass. Likely Naruto would have been hit by a shuriken anyways due to how they were spread out.

23. Hexa probably Dendi

Air isn't really amenable to cutting things at all. A jet of air will readily mix with the surrounding air, quickly dissipating the air velocity, widening the jet's diameter, and quickly breaking up the jet. In order to be cut by it, you'd need to be very close to the source. For kamaitachi, the higher pressure surrounding air would readily rush into the local vacuum. Also, a vacuum would rip rather than cut.

Additionally, due to the air's lower bulk modulus, there are more losses in pressurizing air than water.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  24. Dionysus Brandy and Death

The explosive force used my Sakura and Tsunade on objects (walls, floors, boulders et cetera) would also act on Sakura and Tsunade. To quite an unfortunate end, no less.

25. I Я Reckless! shoot 'em dead

Ill take a shot at Kage Bunshin

Since chakra is basically a form of energy, its actually possible that you can create clones of yourself.Since matter cannot be created or destroyed, only changed from one form to another, it can be explained by taking ones chakra(energy), and converting it to mass.

Pretty simple right??

26. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

one thread for listing all the impossibilities and then one thread to try to explain them

27. Ofkinheimer Active Member

28. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

But doesn't the conversion of mass into energy cause huge amounts of energy to be created? Isn't that what E=mC2 was all about?

29. Dionysus Brandy and Death

More or less. Also, when things move they have "more mass" than when at rest since energy, even kinetic, has an intimate relation to mass. An electron colliding with a positron releases energy (photons) equal to the total energy (which includes the rest mass E=mc^2 ).

30. cognitivedissonance Well-Known Member

so what would happen if you tried to convert a large amount of mass in energy and then back again?