1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

::The Real Itachi...What Really Happened::

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Lord Itachi, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

-My theory on Itachi-​

1. I don?t think that Itachi is a bad guy. If you look on his face you always see him sad. He always looked like people look at him the wrong way.

2. I think that Itachi really loves his brother Sasuke. As you may remember, Itachi was willing to give up his ANBU Trials to go watch Sasuke in the Ceremony of his Academy because their father forgot about Sasuke. Sasuke always cared about Sasuke also because he was willing to carry Sasuke when he injured his leg trying to be like Itachi.

3. I think that Itachi joined Akatsuki for a couple of reasons. Itachi was on an ANBU mission. They fought the Akatsuki but he was not able to beat them. He also knew that there was nobody out there that could beat the Akatsuki but maybe his brother Sasuke, who he knew had more potential than him, could one day defeat the Akatsuki. Akatsuki also acknowledge Itachi?s powers also so they asked him to join. Itachi gave it some thought and decided to join because it would give him more powers as well because if he can obtain a Jibuu then he would maybe have a chance to defeat the Akatsuki. Also, he joined because he would have valuable information of how to defeat the Akatsuki and could train Sasuke in this way. After he joined, he saw that Orochimaru wanted his power and that Orochimaru was going to get one of the Uchiha?s and use his forbidden technique and get into one of them for the use of the Sharingan. He then decided to kill the whole Uchiha clan so that Orochimaru was not able to do so. He also killed the clan because this would make Sasuke angry and vengeful towards Itachi and this would make Sasuke stronger. As you can see, Itachi is always reminding Sasuke to hate him. This could be training that Itachi is giving Sasuke so that Sasuke would hate him. He knows that someday Sasuke could be strong enough to be Akatsuki and Itachi along with them.

4. Itachi did not even kill the village. Remember Shisui of the Mirage? The guy that the Uchiha people said that Itachi killed. He could not just be called Shisui of the Mirage and be left alone. He could have ?Miraged? himself to look like Itachi and killed the whole village. Itachi then had to run away because the village would be after him because they thought that he was the one who did it. Itachi then joined Akatsuki for protection and because he was a S-ranked Missing Nin.

Tags:
  2. Hexa probably Dendi

Well, that's a huge stretch. A character we've never seen used henge (or something similar) to look like Itachi and then killed the whole village? It's much simpler to say that Itachi did it for an unknown reason.

Regardless, as Asuma said, "I never thought a person who killed his own comrades would say those words [Asuma . . . Kurenai . . . Please don't interfere, I don't want to kill you two . . .]" Something is odd with Itachi, but I maintain that we've been given little to no hint as to what it is.

3. Yakushi~Kabuto Banned

*Itachi pwncake Sasuke*
    You are weak. Why are you weak?
    That's because you lack it, hatred that is.
    *Evil smile*

4. Pride Swerve

Yeah. After seeing that scene where Itachi is a caring brother who would give up his mission for Sasuke, I was like "man wtf happened to him."

5. deathblaze Alchemy Save the Queen!

hm... your theory seems rather correct... but it wouldn't explain how he got his MS...

6. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

Yes, he did care a lot about Sasuke. However, he does seem to like Sasuke's potential a lot better. After all, he torments him every chance he's got.
    It's Shisui of the Body Flicker (Shunshin no Shisui, just like the jutsu, Shunshin no Jutsu). No mirages there ^^

7. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

well he could have gotten the mangekyou just like Kakashi did you know. Kakashi got it without killing so maybe he did too.

8. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

However, we have no idea how Kakashi got his Mangekyou Sharingan. Maybe he needed to undergo surgery, only Tsunade can perform. Maybe he did kill someone. We don't know ^^

9. HoshigakiKisame New Member

4. Itachi did not even kill the village. Remember Shisui of the Mirage? The guy that the Uchiha people said that Itachi killed. He could not just be called Shisui of the Mirage and be left alone. He could have ?Miraged? himself to look like Itachi and killed the whole village. Itachi then had to run away because the village would be after him because they thought that he was the one who did it. Itachi then joined Akatsuki for protection and because he was a S-ranked Missing Nin.

Ok. It's like this, its said that in order of acheiving the Mangekyou Sharingan you have to kill your best friend. Now, the guys from the Konoha Police said that Shisui and Itachi were like brothers. Now, that means that its either that its really itachi and he killed shisui, or its shisui and he killed itachi.

Now you are saying that itachi is dead? :X

10. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

No. Kakashi achieved his a different way. Kakashi achieved his a different way meaning it is a possiblility that Itachi achieved it a different way. Itachi got his one way, Kakashi got his a different way, and Sasuke might get his a different way. This could be the theory to say how Kakashi and Itachi's Mangekyou looks different. It might be the way you achieve it. Sasuke said that he will obtain power his own way. so maybe his would look different from both Itachi and Kakashi

11. Anbu-itachi Don't hassel the hoff

sasuke's mangokyo?
    it wold be cool if it was a new pattern
    but itachi's is cool

i think itachi is evil
    evil to the soul just he has a hidden motive

notice when most akatsuki members ask him something he just remains silent
    -silent and cool-

12. Katara The Forgotten One

Or you can go with the theory that the "Itachi" we've seen so far is actually Shisui -- that somehow Shisui switched bodies and killed the real Itachi (and that's why he's nothing like the Itachi Sasuke grew up admiring), which would explain the whole proving his worth and container schtick, trying to prove that he's worth something no matter whose body he's in.

But yeah, hopefully Kishimoto'll clear up Itachi's 180 whenever Sasuke fights him again (and hopefully beat the answer out of him before he kills him).

Oh, and the word's "bijyuu" or "bijuu." :X

13. Kaki Condensed hits harder

YES!! #4 is the Key, and so Shishu is still the 3ed mangekyou user and He wants sasuke to hate his appearence, in case shusui appears again...brilliant!

14. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

i doubt that it is. Itachi seems to know about sasuke and if it was shisui he wouldnt know that much about him.

15. ShounenSuki Ruler of Penguins

If Itachi really is Shisui, and Shisui has changed his appearance to look like Itachi, wouldn't other people have noticed, or at least commented that something is odd about Itachi/Shisui?

16. Shogun <marquee><font color='dark blue'>Standing Still</f

Shishui is gone, that is for sure. However Itachi being 100% bad, hard to say, he obviously want's Sasuke to be strong for some reason...maybe he felt that the only way Sasuke would become a good ninja would be to make him have hatred in his heart. But damn bro, you should have just come train with me you lazy bastard.

17. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i think that itachi did kill his clan cause he's one crazy mofo.

18. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

i dont think he is a crazy mofo. as you can see he doesnt just go on a killing spree. he coulda killed kakashi and naruto. we dont know for sure that shisui is dead either. they never showed it. if tobi is obito then shisui could still be a live too. Itachi does love Sasuke though. this is what i think

19. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i don't mean i actually think he's crazy, i mean he's badass. if tobi is obito then shisui is alive, yondaime is the leader of akatsuki, yondaime is naruto's father, and kabuto is tsunade's son.

20. Hazu ♥PUCCA LOVE♥

your theory is....interesting. I dont think Itachi is evil (or i dontwantto think itachi is evil) :darn
    I mean he must have some unknown reason that might be explained later on in the series. I mean, like you said, Itachi always looks kinda sad and he seems to love sasuke very much but hate the rest of his family for them neglecting sasukes brilliance... and like you say we dont know yet how he got his mangekyo, because kakashi has it and it seem he doesnt have a best friend.

SO ITACHI ISN'T EVIL!!!!

....or so I hope :darn

21. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

yea. but i believe that Shisui was his best friend. i mean its either him or Sasuke. So i think that if Sasuke kills itachi later on, he could obtain the Mangekyou. But i think sasuke will get the mangekyou before he fights Itachi.
    I'm pretty sure he will kill itachi and get the mangekyou.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2005
  22. TheYoungestUchiha AngstQueen

I really can't accept that Shisui is somehow henge'd or altered his appearance to impose himself as Itachi. The evidence just doesn't add up really.

The Uchiha police that came to interrogate Itachi both told him that they found Shisui's body in the river. And they said Shisui was like a big brother to Itachi. Itachi also meant it when he said, "I'm very sorry to hear that." He was... grieving. And, there's the very real possibility that Shisui -did- write that suicide letter. Perhaps, by fighting Shisui and winning (or even drowning him in the river for something quick and make it easier on himself), he realized what Shisui said was true.

There's also the point that immediately after that, their father became extremely frigid with Itachi. I have no doubt he knew what Itachi did, and was potentially disgusted that a genius - his genius - would cross that line. It's possible that Itachi was the first one to go after the Mangekyou since the founding of Konoha.

Itachi had been acting strange even as he joined ANBU. Perhaps he and Shisui had been having conversations about the worth of the clan and how hung up they were on tradition to not see past themselves and evolve. In the mind of a 13-year-old captain of a force that specializes in analysation, and for years having to survive everyone's praises, perhaps he agreed with Shisui in the end.

The Uchiha family had become weak, and so set in their ways, they would never change. The only inevitable course for a thing that refuses to adapt to its environment is death.

Sasuke was the only one that openly hated him. Yes, Sasuke idolized him, but instead of simply swooning over him, he was the only one in the entire clan that wanted to be -better- than him. Itachi could see that.

Their father eventually recognized him, when he did the Goukakyuu and, from the look of it, it was even bigger than his. The only thing he tells Sasuke after that is, "Don't follow your brother."

I do agree though, that Itachi might have also done it because wiping out everything Sasuke cared about, was the only thing that could -push- Sasuke in to wanting the most out of himself. Not just being good enough. No one else in Konoha, at the time, could make Sasuke want that power badly enough.

Itachi was no doubt training Sasuke for something. He doesn't seem at all inclined to help Akatsuki in its goals more than he absolutely has to. When they went to fetch Naruto, he twitched at the mention of Sasuke by Kakashi. It proves that Sasuke hasn't escaped his mind these last few years. But I think it also filled him with a dread and disappointment. Dread that it was a Sharingan teaching his brother - and disappointment that Sasuke was even still -in- Konoha.

Kisame was pretty surprised when Sasuke showed up. Go figure, like usual, the only person that notices Sasuke's there first is Itachi. Just like when they were little! Itachi obviously had no intention of telling Akatsuki he wasn't the only Uchiha left.

Later, up in Part Two, the Leader has to demand Itachi tell Sasori and Deidara what the Kyuubi's jinchuuriki looks like. And then, he gave them a flighty answer.

And then, he interrupts their mission to get Naruto, as soon as he recognizes why Sasuke's still in Konoha. Itachi, even on the basest level, might have recognized that Naruto and Sasuke were friends as soon as Sasuke told him to back off.

Beats all unholy christ out of him to motivate him. Kakashi made a mention, "He must have met up with Itachi again," later, at the hospital. And Jiraiya caught on. "Itachi must be getting restless" or, "Itachi's pushing him." I think Itachi was surprised to find out Sasuke had made 'best friends' with their target. He not only whooped Sasuke's ass to remind him how weak he still is - but to drive him to pursue the Mangekyou.

It would screw up a lot of people's plans if Sasuke got the Mangekyou and at the same time got rid of one of the bijyuu they needed. They can't really finish their goals if they're missing the strongest chakra - which Itachi might have no doubt only Sasuke can stand up to.

The only way he could keep Sasuke safe was to hurt him. O.o THAT'S brotherly love.

23. Lord Itachi Uchiha God

yea it does seem that Itachi doesnt really want to do more than he has to for Akatsuki. Sasuke will probably get the Mangekyou in his own way because he even said he'll find power his own way. I think shisui is still alive. look at the way itachi acted when he heard that. He wasnt even phased. he probably knew that shisui wasnt dead. Were those even the police? i thought i was just some uchiha's

24. TheYoungestUchiha AngstQueen

Mm! They were saying things like, "We'll let you keep that piece of evidence (the letter). But we're keeping our eye on you. You may be part of ANBU, but the police have their own connections too. And we don't tolerate attacks on our kin." And then Itachi got uber-violent and dared them to call him a suspect.

Leafninja.com is a great resource of the Uchiha family. =D They have practically everyone's names, and I learned that practically -every- Uchiha male and even females were all part of the first police division.

That's why it's so scary that Itachi took them -all- out in one afternoon without getting a spot of blood on his uniform, and wiped out even the police captain (their father). But, considering how the bodies fell, it doesn't look like Fugaku put up any kind of a fight...

Maybe he was expecting it?

25. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

You're forgetting one important fact here.

In Kakashi's mind, he is responsible for the death of Obito. That, combined with his abilities as a Copy Ninja, would make getting the Mangekyou Sharingan just a matter of time.

26. TheYoungestUchiha AngstQueen

Yes. But at the time Itachi told Sasuke about the Mangekyou, Kakashi still had only the second tomoe in his eye. When Itachi comes back and sees the third tomoe, he's surprised - and impressed - that Kakashi could manifest it that far.

And after the gap, Kakashi goes, "Last time was a mistake. I'm really not -that- bad," when they face Itachi again. Itachi gets all "O_O! You... couldn't have..." And Kakashi just ". . . . ". We also see that, not only does Kakashi's Mangekyou take on a different shape from Itachi's, but he has to use a seal to activate it. Byakugan requires a seal most times, but Sharingan's never needed it. So maybe Kakashi spent time with Neji (and Gai), and learned how to forcibly bring it to the surface?

If the Mangekyou requires that kind of grief and solemnity, it might be that it's a limiter on the Sharingan, a self-defense mechanism since it seems the Mangekyou induces blindness - and might be why the Uchihas stopped actively seeking it.

27. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

If Mangekyou induced blindness, it doesn't make sense that Kakashi would seek it. Losing peripheral vision in one eye just to get l33t revenge on the guy who mindraped you is not Kakashi's style. It seems more like Itachi has simply put too much strain on his body.

28. TheYoungestUchiha AngstQueen

Sorry, but the evidence is just -there-. The only way Itachi spazz'd about Kakashi knowing was when he asked, "So, how's your eyesight?" and then you see him -squinting- when he lifts the hitai-ate.

29. Danny Lilithborne 我を愛する修羅

Uh, how quickly we forget.

Kakashi is a mindrape expert. He convinced Zabuza he was reading his mind, when Zabuza was just predictable. At the intellectual point the series is in now, Kakashi could probably tell someone they're a cow and they might actually start wondering if it's true.

30. TheYoungestUchiha AngstQueen

o_O Then how would he know Itachi was going blind, without going through it himself?